Anyone got 94 Rebout ? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3246 Views )

Iggy
5324th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 09:05:post reply

General opinion : the original mode is a perfect port (bugs and pattern AI included), the strip KO is there also in hi-res, the music seems to be the AST from the NeoCD remix, the hi-res is OK but the faces are really kimoi and the animation is still cranky, the opening is as bad (worse) than the DC 98 one, and the online game is hyper laggy. Also, the only usable Rugal is the second form (the one with the special moves) and the first one (the CvS one) is not. The voices are the ones of 94 except Saishu who has his 95 samples.
Finally, the fans of 94 will like it for the game they played when they were young and beautiful, and the others think the only interesting thing in the package is the NeoCD pad and the color edit.
The Hi-res version has a few interesting bugs of its own. The funniest is when you dizzy Rugal 1st form, Rugal 2nd form will appear to help him like if he was his teammate...

Either way, Id be interested to hear the opinion of people from the Café.. Anyone received his copy yet ? Or even thinks about buying it ?

Also, AST.

"The character that look the best in high res is chang's iron Ball. Have you seen it shine ? I can't take my eyes away from it."

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 30 Dec 09:12]

Replies:

Phoenix
666th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 10:46:post reply

I just think it was a nice gesture of them to release 94 on a console for the 1st time. I'll get it later when it comes stateside. (unless I give in) Oh, and...

*this is my useless yet obligatory "look at my Chang ball and be hypnotized" post*

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Thu 30 Dec 10:48]

beto
768th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 11:08:post reply

So, instead of just making the panther jump-in, they make another Rugal jump-in? Really lame.

[this message was edited by beto on Thu 30 Dec 11:25]

Lupin
2796th Post

"Re(1):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 11:49:post reply

quote:
General opinion : the original mode is a perfect port (bugs and pattern AI included), the strip KO is there also in hi-res, the music seems to be the AST from the NeoCD remix, the hi-res is OK but the faces are really kimoi and the animation is still cranky, the opening is as bad (worse) than the DC 98 one, and the online game is hyper laggy. Also, the only usable Rugal is the second form (the one with the special moves) and the first one (the CvS one) is not. The voices are the ones of 94 except Saishu who has his 95 samples.
Finally, the fans of 94 will like it for the game they played when they were young and beautiful, and the others think the only interesting thing in the package is the NeoCD pad and the color edit.
The Hi-res version has a few interesting bugs of its own. The funniest is when you dizzy Rugal 1st form, Rugal 2nd form will appear to help him like if he was his teammate...

Either way, Id be interested to hear the opinion of people from the Café.. Anyone received his copy yet ? Or even thinks about buying it ?

Also, AST.

"The character that look the best in high res is chang's iron Ball. Have you seen it shine ? I can't take my eyes away from it."

I hope it's full length, or extended versions of the short versions of the ast some of the SNK CD games had.

[this message was edited by Lupin on Thu 30 Dec 12:03]

Riskbreaker
267th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(2):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 12:07post reply

quote:
I just think it was a nice gesture of them to release 94 on a console for the 1st time. I'll get it later when it comes stateside. (unless I give in) Oh, and...

*this is my useless yet obligatory "look at my Chang ball and be hypnotized" post*

Wait..it's coming stateside????

Phoenix
668th Post

"Re(3):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 12:20:post reply

quote:

Wait..it's coming stateside????

I don't see why not. Then again, I probably should've checked before I said that. Wait, if SCEA acts like a bitch again after approving CFE then at least expect it on xbox?

edit: now that you mention it...this game might not make it to USA...yikes

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Thu 30 Dec 12:22]

Cain Highwind
489th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 16:05post reply

quote:

I don't see why not. Then again, I probably should've checked before I said that. Wait, if SCEA acts like a bitch again after approving CFE then at least expect it on xbox?

Ben Herman has apparntly said it won't be because he thinks a game with "94" in the title won't sell. Which makes sense. It'll probably be bundles with other KoFs as "KoF Anniversary Colection" or something.

Digitalboy
77th Post

Occasional Customer

"GREAT..." , posted Thu 30 Dec 16:29post reply

quote:
edit: now that you mention it...this game might not make it to USA...yikes

If this game does not make it to state side does that mean the 3 pack will not make it here too? I want to collect all U. S. released KOF's but now it seems nothing more than a bloody wish. I guess the best idea is to import it in which I try to refrain from doing.

Lupin
2797th Post

"Re(5):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 17:08:post reply

quote:

Ben Herman has apparntly said it won't be because he thinks a game with "94" in the title won't sell. Which makes sense. It'll probably be bundles with other KoFs as "KoF Anniversary Colection" or something.

I like the 2 packs, but
Why are Sony U.S. such bastards to SNK?

[this message was edited by Lupin on Thu 30 Dec 17:38]

Pollyanna
701th Post

"Re(6):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 18:38post reply

quote:

I like the 2 packs, but

Justice. Cosmic justice.

Lupin
2798th Post

"Re(7):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 18:42post reply

quote:

I like the 2 packs, but

Justice. Cosmic justice.

It's supposedly because the games are old and 2d, even if it's just 1-2 years old.... But SNK seems to be getting hit the most by this. Is it their own fault for waiting a year to release a game?

Pollyanna
702th Post

"Re(8):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 19:12post reply

quote:

It's supposedly because the games are old and 2d, even if it's just 1-2 years old.... But SNK seems to be getting hit the most by this. Is it their own fault for waiting a year to release a game?

Well, you're speaking of justice, which is a different entity. Of course, it is not fair, or just, if a company must suffer simply to get their games on the market. It's wrong that Sony can say "this game may be good enough for the rest of the world, but America demands more!" (even if it is true). So in this case, certainly, SNK is on the side of justice.

But there is a greater, universal, cosmic justice at work here. In this case, SNK is a debtor and deserves to suffer. Certainly, there is not an honest SNK fan in the world who can say "SNK has always done the best that they could do, always treated their fans as well as they could and always produced the best products they could". Even if you replace "always" with "sometimes" or only consider 1 or 2 of those issues, they still fall short.

On the cosmic scale, Sony's demand of 2 packs is only a few grains of sand against SNK (and perhaps a few grains of sand for the consumer). It may take many more grains to make things even.

Capcom's cosmic scale has an upset every year, it seems. I complain about a few games and the scale tips one way, then they make something like Gyakuten Saiban and the scale is balanced again. Right now Konami's scale hangs in precarious balance.

Lupin
2801th Post

"Re(9):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 19:38:post reply

quote:
Certainly, there is not an honest SNK fan in the world who can say "SNK has always done the best that they could do, always treated their fans as well as they could and always produced the best products they could". Even if you replace "always" with "sometimes" or only consider 1 or 2 of those issues, they still fall short.

SNK has always done the best that they could do, always treated...

no wait

SNK has sometimes done the best that they could do, sometimes treated their fans as well as they could and sometimes produced the best products they could. Hm you're right/

But which import game publisher company can we think of an that always does its best?

[this message was edited by Lupin on Thu 30 Dec 19:47]

Iggy
5327th Post

"Re(2):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 21:42post reply

quote:

*it works*

Toxico
3984th Post

"Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Thu 30 Dec 23:40post reply

quote:
SNK has always done the best that they could do, always treated...

The way I see it, SNK works can't truly be seen as the work of a company, but as the work of the crew on it. A complex company holds several teams and make them work in order to achieve things, for example the team who did SS games is not the same team that did LB nor the same team that did that did KoF.

In every game you could read different kinds of effort, different kind of 'intentions', for example LB & Garou games attempted to be very 'complete games' balance wise. SS games kept their own 'fast pace no combos' way and other details. At my eyes KoF games are the ones with less intentions and less creativity; and that proved right when SNK ditched every team except the KoF team. It's like giving up a palace to live in a the street... And that can be seen in the quality of SNK works lately.

.- Pointer -> remember that SNK has made 2 games since it's return -> SvC Chaos & KoF 2003, and those games are ubber crap. 2k2 is way better than the other KoF and SS0S is a work of angels only because SNK didn't touched them.

On topic, I might get the game, if it comes with the stick

See??? He is a God...

Iggy
5328th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 00:01post reply

quote:
for example the team who did SS games is not the same team that did LB nor the same team that did that did KoF.

Actually, the studio who did SS and KOF is the same.
The other did FF, LB or AoF. And both studio hate each other.

Toxico
3986th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 01:05post reply

quote:

Actually, the studio who did SS and KOF is the same.

But I remember that SS changed teams after 2. In that case, does both teams are involved in KoF??
Note -> If I do recall 3D SS also had different teams, at least the PSX one...

See??? He is a God...

Moriya
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 01:31post reply

quote:
And both studio hate each other.

Wow, that's interesting... can you develop more on that? Is there any specific reason why they hate each other?

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

Sano
1353th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 01:57post reply

Iggy - Was it the Mark of the Wolves team that made SVC Chaos? I remember reading that somewhere before.

On Topic - Darn Sony USA. Maybe we'll get an X-Box conversion. Is it true we won't get KOF Neowave on the PS2 as well? That's another thing I've been hearing.

So, from what I've seen, 94 Rebout has the cast of the Orochi Saga, 94 - 97. Who's missing? The art I saw had Orochi, the Orochi team, Goenitz and Rugal.

Iggy
5331th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 02:11post reply

Sano : 94 rebout has everyone from 94 + Saishu. No one more.
quote:
And both studio hate each other.
Wow, that's interesting... can you develop more on that? Is there any specific reason why they hate each other?

I read this when everybody thought SNK was dead without hope, and it came from a guy from one of these team (didn't say which one), so, as ever, take it with a grain of salt.
He said each time the KOF team wanted to use a FF character, they had to ask the other team and it was always unpleasant. He didn't say it clearly, but I think the biggest problem they had with the KOF team was the way the FF and AoF characters were changed in KOF (most of them becoming joke characters, complete morons, or, in the case of Yamazaki, monkeys).

He also said LB was partly done to show the other team what THEY thought was a samurai game, so I infered the KOF team was also working on some SS, but I don't know more.

It MIGHT make sense, though, since this way, both teams would have made two games on HNG64 : one team Wild Ambition and Buriki One, the other both PolySamu.

Sano
1355th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 04:04:post reply

quote:
Sano : 94 rebout has everyone from 94 + Saishu. No one more.

Really? In the issue of Arcadia (last Month) on the Fan Art page they had a drawing that said KOF '94 Rebout and showed all the characters I mentioned. It didn't look like Fan Art since it was apart from the Fan Art and next to a screenshot for the game. What's up with this? See below. And dig the kooky costume swaps, LOL!

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41101

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 31 Dec 04:45]

IkariDC
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 04:49:post reply

quote:

Really? In the issue of Arcadia (last Month) on the Fan Art page they had a drawing that said KOF '94 Rebout and showed all the characters I mentioned. It didn't look like Fan Art since it was apart from the Fan Art and next to a screenshot for the game. What's up with this? See below. And dig the kooky costume swaps, LOL!

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41101

Quick post edit, my friend. I was just about to send you a mail asking for the image.

2 fanarts featuring Leona, not bad not bad. I like the Iori/Vanessa one.

And about the topic, my copy is on it's way. I ordered it using airmail so I expect it to arrive in 1 or 2 weeks. I avoid EMS now because it usually involves paying more because they say so at the customs office...

Oh, and I received my copy of Capcom Vs SNK 2 today. Tonight is going to be allright!

EDIT: I forgot, the picture you say on the image is the cover of the mook that comes with the game. It's just a collage of different art of KOF.

[this message was edited by IkariDC on Fri 31 Dec 04:55]

Toxico
3987th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 05:04post reply

quote:

It MIGHT make sense, though, since this way, both teams would have made two games on HNG64 : one team Wild Ambition and Buriki One, the other both PolySamu.

Notes -> I remember Chupiler talking about the interview too, he used to collect NEO GEO freak so I trust him and this news. His info was the same that yours (I got it in my HDD by the way).

Fun fact -> at one poiont Buriki One was supposed to be named as AoF 4.

See??? He is a God...

Sano
1356th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 05:16:post reply

quote:

Quick post edit, my friend. I was just about to send you a mail asking for the image.

2 fanarts featuring Leona, not bad not bad. I like the Iori/Vanessa one.

And about the topic, my copy is on it's way. I ordered it using airmail so I expect it to arrive in 1 or 2 weeks. I avoid EMS now because it usually involves paying more because they say so at the customs office...

Oh, and I received my copy of Capcom Vs SNK 2 today. Tonight is going to be allright!

EDIT: I forgot, the picture you say on the image is the cover of the mook that comes with the game. It's just a collage of different art of KOF.

Yeah, always takes me a while to remember how to set up images Online.

Oh, it's a KOF Art Mook. That explains it, thanks!

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 31 Dec 05:17]

IkariDC
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 05:22post reply

quote:

Oh, it's a KOF Art Mook. That explains it, thanks!

No, the COVER is just a collage. I don't know about the contents of the mook.

All that stuff about the two SNK developer teams is very interesting. Keep that stuff coming!

Moriya
18th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Fri 31 Dec 11:24post reply

quote:
He also said LB was partly done to show the other team what THEY thought was a samurai game, so I infered the KOF team was also working on some SS, but I don't know more.

That's awesome... worked wonders in my book. If a feeling of "revenge" between co-workers was what motivated the marvelous game that was Last Blade, then let the staff compete among themselves all they want!

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

EddyT
383th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Sat 1 Jan 12:04post reply

Going to play it at my friend's house tonight. I hope it's decent at least, but I'm not holding my breath. Those preliminary screenshots months ago looked weird.

EddyT
384th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(7):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Sun 2 Jan 00:48post reply

This game is actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Sprites look awkward for some characters, but nice on others. It plays pretty decent and is pretty fast for gameplay. Remixed music is pretty good. Most of the BGs are kinda lame, though. Neat thing to do is to have the option of displaying the original BGs with the newer character sprites.

It's nice to see the characters in much higher-res, but it's got the same animation frames as the original KOF '94. I was a big fan of KOF '94 back in the day, and I think this revision of the game is a pretty good effort. I would buy it if I had an import PS2.

IkariDC
248th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Sat 8 Jan 21:14post reply

My copy of the game arrived faster than what i expected. It would have been great to arrive for my birthday, but this way I have plenty of time for playing it.

When I opened the package, there was the box of the game and the box of the controller wrapped in plastic together. Inside the package there was the KOF Encyclopedia, an awfull telephone strap? with the logo of KOF 10th Anniversary and a manual/magazine of the game in Chinese, with art and combos, more or less the same as the Japanese manual, but the combos are only in that chinese manual/magazine.

I opened the controller box and I found the same telephone strap. About the controller: The only thing that looks to be made cheap are the plastic buttons. Everything else feels good and solid. The pad clicks when you enter one of the 8 directions. I don't know if this kind of pads are durable, but it has many openings for dust to come in. The cable is shorter than a regular Dual Shock 2 controller's. I've never played with the original Neo Geo CD controller, so I can't compare. Anyways, it works perfect with this game.

The mook comes inside the box of the game, so it's the size of a DVD case. It features art, interviews, etc, of the Orochi saga. The KOF Encyclopedia CD contains stuff displayed as a website. It looks like the KOF 10th Anniversary website, it has the KOF History and Successive Characters from that site, plus a Gallery with official art, sketches of illustrations that never were done!, wallpapers and many other goodies that might have been online. I know I've seen most of the stuff before, but there's some other that is new to me.

quote:
This game is actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Sprites look awkward for some characters, but nice on others. It plays pretty decent and is pretty fast for gameplay. Remixed music is pretty good. Most of the BGs are kinda lame, though. Neat thing to do is to have the option of displaying the original BGs with the newer character sprites.

It's nice to see the characters in much higher-res, but it's got the same animation frames as the original KOF '94. I was a big fan of KOF '94 back in the day, and I think this revision of the game is a pretty good effort. I would buy it if I had an import PS2.

I agree more or less what the stated above. Everything is like KOF94, but in high-res. You can find and exploit the same bugs, the hit boxes are the same, the sprites and the animations... Overall the game looks fine, just some of the characters look great, and there are others that don't look that good. Kim, Takuma or Mai (who's KOF94-95 sprite I like better than the KOF96-03) for example look really great in high-res, while other characters like Ryo, or dunno... Heidern's win pose, for example, look ugly. But blame the original KOF94 sprites for that.

Man, I didn't know you can put the original backgrounds instead of the 3D ones! Anyways, they look better in motion than on those screenshots we've seen before. The worst thing is that most of them are completly different from the original backgrounds. Some of them are done in full 360º, and the view is randomly placed at the start of a match. Most of the backgrounds are filled (I dare say packed) with characters from the entire KOF saga, and that is really weird. There are also characters from the fatal Fury and AOF series, and most if not all the strikers from KOF 2000. Think of any character of any of the KOF games and you surely can find it in some of the backgrounds. The most stupid thing is that in the Black Noah stage, you can find statues of Goenitz, Krizalid, Zero,...

I've been playing wiht the Korean team, as in the old days and I can't manage myself to beat Rugal, as in the old days. I can get rid of half his lifebar with Chang and Choi, but I'm screwed with Kim. His best stuff/combos come when starting an attack in the air, but you know, jump toward Rugal and eat a Genocide Cutter.

Oh! About the opening, it's larger than the KOF98DC one. It's about the same quality in terms of animation, but the characters designs are made after Shinkiro's KOF94 original character designs, so you might like or dislike it. Overall is good, and the music rocks!

I might come later with some pictures of the package. If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask!

Phoenix
672th Post

"Re(9):Re(10):Anyone got 94 Rebout ?" , posted Sun 9 Jan 01:25post reply

Sounds like it's better than I thought it would be. I really do appreciate all the info from both EddyT and IkariDC. It's pretty cool that the backgrounds are 360 degrees. I've only played 94 like twice so I'm sure I'll have fun with Rugal. Is 94 Rugal supposedly tougher than 95 Omega Rugal?

Toxico
3995th Post

"Oye, oye... Beating Rugal the 94' way." , posted Sun 9 Jan 03:20post reply

quote:
Sounds like it's better than I thought it would be. I really do appreciate all the info from both EddyT and IkariDC. It's pretty cool that the backgrounds are 360 degrees. I've only played 94 like twice so I'm sure I'll have fun with Rugal. Is 94 Rugal supposedly tougher than 95 Omega Rugal?

They are pretty much similar, but you expliy their mistakes in different ways... The usually fight a 'pressure foward' type of game with cheap attacks and then they add cheap fireballs to the mix.

The usual Toxy tips for beatin the enemy ->

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Normar rugal has a stupid cheap pattern where you throw him to death. Just jump with strong attack or a weak attack from far. press uf + button simultaneosly, obviously the attack will come out at the begging of the jump, Rugal will block, when you land YOU MUST land next to him and throw him. You have to be precise of he will hit you.

To make large story short -> stand 2 or 3 bodies away of Rugal, press uf + attack, when you land throw him; repeat, almost perfect victory if you are precise.

Second form -> You must get yourself to be full screen away; whenever he throws fireballs don't dodge them, block them and then taunt; this will encourage Rugal to charge up power and there you can punish him. He always charge up 100% of the bar, so you have plenty of time to crap him out. Just don't let his power bar on MAX. when he is close he will try to throw or cheap weak attack chains... I advise to eat the throw, you can spam the buttons and release yourself; the cheap chain always finish in a really small genocide cutter; learn what attacks punish him and do so, they have to be long range cheap speeds attacks (Kim's DM, Kim's cr C, Lucky's CD, Ryo's cr D, Terry's standing D and etc). The less energy Rugal has the less odds are of him charging pow; but considering that this is the best method just keep trying until you can bash him. Don't fear the time out. Remember that Rugal is a 'high size character', and some 'special combos' work on him (Andy jp C, cr C, D Kuhadan will score many hits whereas for other characters it will miss)

To make second long story short -> keep yourself away, try to never dodge and always block and taunt a lot. And punish stupid mistakes, be turtle ¬¬

See??? He is a God...

Bata kun
2445th Post

"Re(1):Oye, oye... Beating Rugal the 94' way." , posted Sun 9 Jan 05:23post reply

For some reason,

launching slow Venom Strikes like there's no tomorrow works for King. At least for me. Don't ask why.

End of Spoiler

Phoenix
673th Post

"Re(1):Oye, oye... Beating Rugal the 94' way." , posted Sun 9 Jan 06:00post reply

Haha, nice exploitation tactic. The throwing tactic sounds like fun. Thx for the details Toxico, I'll take notes later. For some reason though Bata's tactic sounds somewhat easier heh. While we're on Rugal's topic, is there a 2k2 exploitation pattern or something? Here's what I use.

K', Kula, Ryo (K9999 is somewhat effective)

Melee characters like my Kim and grapplers tends to get totally wasted by him...at least for me. So I tend to stall and charge up at discretion then abuse the hell out of K's (minute spike) chain drivers, Kula's freeze execution, Haohshokokens or the booger arm cannon. These supers work especially well while Rugal's doing his random genocide cutters into the thin air.

EddyT
393th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(2):Oye, oye... Beating Rugal the 94' way." , posted Sun 9 Jan 15:08post reply

Forgot to mention... the way they handled the new POW/MAX bar sucks. It's curved around the mini-portrait on the top part of the screen, and it's really difficult to check on it during battle. They could have just left it the way it was, like original KOF '94, and I would have been fine with it.

At least they spelled the fighters' names right on the final.

IkariDC
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Oye, oye... Beating Rugal the 94' way." , posted Sun 9 Jan 22:53post reply

Hey, thanks Toxico and Bata kun for the tips! My problem was with Rugal's second form, but the throwing tip sounds awesome. I'm going to try those tips later. Thanks again!

Bata kun
2448th Post

"Re(4):Oye, oye... Beating Rugal the 94' way." , posted Mon 10 Jan 00:39post reply

Whoops. Forgot to mention that the trick I gave only works in his second form.

IkariDC
252th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Oye, oye... Beating Rugal the 94' way." , posted Mon 10 Jan 02:27post reply

I've just beaten the game with Korea. Toxico, all your tips worked pretty well! I still had a hard time though. I have another method for beating Rugal's first form using Chang.

You have to know the reach of Chang's standing SP attack. The trick is to make Rugal block your attacks, putting him in the reach of the forementioned attack. If Rugal is getting close, jump up and when you are falling down, hit him with SP, then standing SP. He usually tends to jump at you when you have him at that reach, so just jump up and hit him.

End of Spoiler

quote:
Whoops. Forgot to mention that the trick I gave only works in his second form.

Ok, I'll remember that when I try to beat the game with the England team.