Chrono Cross AST - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2041 Views )

Iggy
5317th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Chrono Cross AST" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:41:post reply

According to Namae no nai Heya (from the creator interview page), an AST of CC will be released in july.

A CD "キリテ", made by Mitsuda (sound composer) in collaboration with Katô (the scenarist and director of Trigger and Cross) will also be released in spring.
It will be an artsy project with photographs, text and music.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 29 Dec 20:02]

Replies:

rid hershel
6359th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Wed 29 Dec 23:44post reply

quote:
According to Namae no nai Heya (from the creator interview page), an AST of CC will be released in july.

A CD "???", made by Mitsuda (sound composer) in collaboration with Katô (the scenarist and director of Trigger and Cross) will also be released in spring.
It will be an artsy project with photographs, text and music.

Hummm, I would die for a good arrange version of the song that plays during the last dragon battle...

random news

OYashiroForever
803th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Thu 30 Dec 03:15post reply

Thank you, Iggy-tan. You just made my day. Say what you will about the game, but CC's music is among my favorite soundtracks of all time.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

IkariDC
228th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Thu 30 Dec 04:11post reply

quote:
Thank you, Iggy-tan. You just made my day. Say what you will about the game, but CC's music is among my favorite soundtracks of all time.

More or less I think the same. Oh but the game was quite enjoyable too! I'm definitely picking that up.

Fygee
1142th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Thu 30 Dec 07:47post reply

Fuckin' A. I want this something fierce.

KTallguy
451th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Thu 30 Dec 13:56post reply

Chalk me up on the 'I want this' list. I listen to that OST all the time.

I wonder how they are going to do it though... like what kind of instruments, what kind of feel... I hope they retain the kind of 'sitting on the beach drinking a cocktail' sound of some of the songs...

Support the Strongest Cooperation! Ibuki and Genjuro!
"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Pollyanna
700th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Thu 30 Dec 15:25post reply

quote:
I hope they retain the kind of 'sitting on the beach drinking a cocktail' sound of some of the songs...

I always felt as if the soundtrack had a "thinking of my loved one while sitting on the toilet" feel.
Regardless, this is wonderful news. I think the CC soundtrack is the best -digital- soundtrack I've ever heard, so it can only get better unless they do some strange take on it like they did with the Chrono Trigger arrange.
It's funny, though...I think there are a lot of really powerful, emotional songs on that album, but no such scenes in the game. As a result, I can't place more than half of the soundtrack when I listen to it.

KTallguy
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Fri 31 Dec 04:50post reply

quote:

It's funny, though...I think there are a lot of really powerful, emotional songs on that album, but no such scenes in the game. As a result, I can't place more than half of the soundtrack when I listen to it.

I absolutely agree with you, its a shame that the soundtrack didn't come with an awesome game... =P After beating it, I have no memories or impressions of it at all in my mind... save for the annoying battle music and the huge amount of characters that have no backstory whatsoever...

But you didn't like CT: Brink of Time? I mean, it's Jazz fusion right =) It's strange but I actually enjoyed it a lot... although I still crave for full orchestrated versions of some of those songs ...

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Pollyanna
703th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(7):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Fri 31 Dec 07:17post reply

quote:

I absolutely agree with you, its a shame that the soundtrack didn't come with an awesome game... =P After beating it, I have no memories or impressions of it at all in my mind... save for the annoying battle music and the huge amount of characters that have no backstory whatsoever...

But you didn't like CT: Brink of Time? I mean, it's Jazz fusion right =) It's strange but I actually enjoyed it a lot... although I still crave for full orchestrated versions of some of those songs ...

Well, I didn't like Brink of Time too much, but for the sake of this conversation let's pretend that I did. Even if I did, it would still be such an odd arrange that it does an incomplete job of capturing the music. I'm sure mostp eople who got it said "this is nice, but I'm still waiting for my piano/orchestra album". (sort of like you said) I was disappointed that the PS arrange tracks weren't longer. The 6 seconds of the end theme on piano in the medly was enough to bring tears to my eyes, even though they yanked it away so quickly.

But with Chrono Cross, it's sort of like...if they did a dance mix CD, but it was a REALLY awesome dance mix CD, I'd still be disappointed.

Ah, and for the record, I didn't think CC was a bad game, it justh ad absolutely no emotional impact. It looked, sounded and played well enough, but it was totally forgetable.

crazymike
1055th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(8):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Fri 31 Dec 12:32post reply

Eh, a little late isn't it? Oh well.

As for CC itself...the characters were dry, but did anyone else think the whole plot was on the bizarre side with a bit of mysticism? It was at least intriguing in a freaky sort of way.

KTallguy
454th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(9):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Fri 31 Dec 14:13post reply

I wanted to play it again so I can remember the plot and all the connections to the previous game, but whenever I fired it up, I lost my motivation so fast that I finally just gave up.

"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"

Maou
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(10):Chrono Cross AST" , posted Sat 1 Jan 05:03post reply

quote:
I wanted to play it again so I can remember the plot and all the connections to the previous game

It worked better as a Chrono "Gaiden" (Katou called it not a sequel but another "pulled Trigger," as I recall)...it was at its best when it had nothing to do with the original. And those best scenes usually combined with powerful music--particuarly the unusual, amazing good ending that was accompanied by Kirche's "Radical Dreamers~Unstealable Jewel" song, with some of the best lyrics I've ever heard. The CC soundtrack helped me imagine what the game would have been like with a focus just on Kid and Serge...which would have been wonderful. Here's to a good arrangement!

....I still really like Brink of Time's funky Chrono Trigger tune. And hearing Maou/Magus on electric guitar sounds hilarious, if unlistenable.

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...