"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

exodus
2300th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 03:54post reply

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

NIISAN!!! MINNA!!

oh man, that was some funny shit. saturn's special ability was expansion ram. rock and r00l.

tenguman
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 04:24post reply

I cried.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Pollyanna
690th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 05:29post reply

I can't believe I watched that whole thing. That was really long...

Juke Joint Jezebel
3249th Post

"Re(1):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 06:39post reply

quote:
X Death ! Kisama!

Gilgamesh is a ... VCR? er 3DO .. wait

wow

i don't understand moon language but i can't help but feel that my iq level has dropped after viewing this

off topic, has anyone ever beaten the weapons in the other game? i was such a high level (well, stronger than the consoles in this movie), and mastered all the classes, yet i could barely scratch them

Iggy
5305th Post

"Re(2):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 07:06post reply

If you hadn't seen it, the same site has Sega Fantasy 4, also.
Actually, people wanted the guy to make flash movies on a fight boss of FF, he made the 4, then he actually read the mails and discovered they wanted FF5 and not 4...

Freeter
4263th Post

"Re(3):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 07:18post reply

quote:

PS2 revival =

Burning Kyo
2228th Post

"Re(3):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 07:25post reply

quote:
Actually, people wanted the guy to make flash movies on a fight boss of FF, he made the 4, then he actually read the mails and discovered they wanted FF5 and not 4...

Mouahahahahaha ... a so long job for nothing.

[Live fast // Die young]

HAYATO
169th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 08:27post reply

quote:

Mouahahahahaha ... a so long job for nothing.

Yup, there's a lot of bored people out there...although I found it refreshing...he reminded me of the long past hours I spent with my old consoles when I was young...How nostalgic!!!

Juke Joint Jezebel
3251th Post

"Re(3):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 08:31post reply

quote:

that Zeromus remix rocks
http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cabic508/rsf/sf4.html

it reminds me of an overclocked remix that uh .. isn't there anymore. i'll upload it somewhere later

exodus
2307th Post

"Re(4):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 08:35post reply

who's in your sig/tag?

Burning Kyo
2230th Post

"Re(5):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 08:59:post reply

quote:
who's in your sig/tag?

Maybe Emily Browning aka Violette Baudelaire in "A series of Unfortunate Events" ?

PS : Why Australian girls are so hot ?!

[Live fast // Die young]

[this message was edited by Burning Kyo on Wed 29 Dec 09:02]

exodus
2309th Post

"Re(6):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 09:02:post reply

except substantially more asian than her.

[edit]
ohandolderkthxbye

[this message was edited by exodus on Wed 29 Dec 09:03]

OYashiroForever
802th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 10:17post reply

quote:
X Death ! Kisama!

That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. The attack names alone are pure gold.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

Juke Joint Jezebel
3252th Post

"Re(6):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 11:19post reply

quote:
Emily Browning

oh so young and fertile ♡

Lupin
2792th Post

"Re(2):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 11:33post reply

quote:
X Death ! Kisama!
That is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. The attack names alone are pure gold.

The good systems fight the bad systems, and their crownies they've bullied into following them. Who knew 3DO was really a good guy after all/

Nate
375th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 12:01post reply

quote:
X Death ! Kisama!

That was actually better than Final Fantasy V.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Pollyanna
694th Post

"Re(2):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 17:02post reply

quote:

Hahaha...hohoho...oh..oh..uhhhh...ahhh..
Boo hooo boo hoo...*sniffle*

Nate
376th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 17:43post reply

quote:

Hahaha...hohoho...oh..oh..uhhhh...ahhh..
Boo hooo boo hoo...*sniffle*

The characters sucked, come on.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Juke Joint Jezebel
3254th Post

"Re(4):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 18:05:post reply

quote:
The characters sucked, come on.

the characters did suck. it was awesome going into every boss battle, not knowing if i was gonna come out alive. but man, the dialogue, character development, and storytelling was so weak. and some of the music (the intro song, AND THAT PIRATE SONG) is completely downgraded compared to its predecessor. it makes me choke -- just a little bit. the thing that annoyed me the most though was that American cartoon-style dialogue

Bartz: Oh no!
Reina: If we continue on this road, the bridge will ...
Galuf: Collapse!! Come on, let's go!

why did they keep finishing eachother's sentences like an old married couple

they did it all the time and it annoyed the shit out of me. by the end, there was no real way of telling their personalities apart, except that Krile's that spunky young kid, Galuf's old and probably suffering from Alzheimer's, and Bartz beats animals

on the plus side, it had an awesome battle system, and i fucking loved dying to the berserked bosses while that killer battle music raged on. i wish it had a little more restriction to its classes though. ie. Reina cannot wield swords or choose classes that uses swords, etc. something cool like that to help distinguish the characters from one another

[this message was edited by Juke Joint Jezebel on Wed 29 Dec 18:22]

Nate
377th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(5):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 18:56post reply

quote:

the characters did suck. it was awesome going into every boss battle, not knowing if i was gonna come out alive. but man, the dialogue, character development, and storytelling was so weak. and some of the music (the intro song, AND THAT PIRATE SONG) is completely downgraded compared to its predecessor. it makes me choke -- just a little bit. the thing that annoyed me the most though was that American cartoon-style dialogue

Bartz: Oh no!
Reina: If we continue on this road, the bridge will ...
Galuf: Collapse!! Come on, let's go!

why did they keep finishing eachother's sentences like an old married couple

they did it all the time and it annoyed the shit out of me. by the end, there was no real way of telling their personalities apart, except that Krile's that spunky young kid, Galuf's old and probably suffering from Alzheimer's, and Bartz beats animals

on the plus side, it had an awesome battle system, and i fucking loved dying to the berserked bosses while that killer battle music raged on. i wish it had a little more restriction to its classes though. ie. Reina cannot wield swords or choose classes that uses swords, etc. something cool like that to help distinguish the characters from one another

One thing I've heard before is that the odd-numbered Final Fantasies are more focused on what you can do the new "system" whereas the even-numbered ones are more focused on the story. I think this probably applies up until about FFVII. However crappily translated and now cliched the development was, the characters did have it. There was a lot of crazy shit that could be done with Materia, too, though.

But yeah, I won't disagree that FFV has a great battle system to tool around with. I always tried to come up with different routes for my characters to go about with mastering jobs. One thing I always did was have everyone master the Monk's barehand ability so I didn't need to buy weapons for crappy mages and they could actually do damage. Plus, it's always fun to punch the shit out of things if you have the option.

The only thing that really differentiated the characters other than their vague personalities was maybe that their base stats were slightly different. But it never had any effect on what jobs you gave them. I think in making the characters so versatile it kind of hurt the game, though, like you said.

I think later games further illustrated this problem. Characters are identical apart from limit breaks and maybe a few stat differences that you can adjust anyway. The last one with actual character specific abilities was FFX, but even some of those could be taught to other characters for some reason. I'd like to see each character have a different purpose again.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
5311th Post

"Re(6):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:25post reply

quote:
Characters are identical apart from limit breaks and maybe a few stat differences that you can adjust anyway.

The problem was already here in FF6. The characters were great, but they could learn all the magics without restriction and you could easily tweak their stats to increase their magic. Even Mash turned out magic user at the end.

Pollyanna
697th Post

"Re(7):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:33post reply

quote:

The problem was already here in FF6. The characters were great, but they could learn all the magics without restriction and you could easily tweak their stats to increase their magic. Even Mash turned out magic user at the end.

In FF6 they had a little more originality than in FF7, though. I still specialized characters a bit, though you still had the "teach everyone ultima" issue. In FF7 I had 3 healers, 3 mages and 3 fighters....and they were the same 3 characters.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3254th Post

"Re(7):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:36post reply

quote:
Characters are identical apart from limit breaks and maybe a few stat differences that you can adjust anyway.

kekeke too true. when i first got the game, i went mad with power and taught everyone everything. totally ruined the game for me. when i went back to the story, i didn't know where i was, i forgot what was going on, and i didn't understand why Narshe wasn't north of Figaro Castle anymore

also, i thought

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Kefka

End of Spoiler

was gonna be as tough as shit, so i didn't face him until everyone knew every spell. you can imagine how disappointed i was when i reached the end. it was ironic when i used Gau to finish him off with Ultima

OYashiroForever
804th Post

"Re(7):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Thu 30 Dec 05:50post reply

quote:

True, but at least characters had their own unique abilities in 6 (Morph, Steal, etc.). When you got powered up enough, it didn't really matter much who you used, but I think the same can be said for just about any RPG.

"Only two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your denial is beneath you and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs I see through you."

Iggy
5319th Post

"Re(8):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Thu 30 Dec 07:41post reply

quote:
True, but at least characters had their own unique abilities in 6 (Morph, Steal, etc.). When you got powered up enough, it didn't really matter much who you used, but I think the same can be said for just about any RPG.

Maybe... It's even true in SMT3NM.
But you really have to put a lot of efforts in Dionysos to make him as broken as Belzebubu, while in most FF, it happens during the natural course of the game.

Variable Savior
243th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(9):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Thu 30 Dec 12:15post reply

Not to steer the topic back towards the topic (???) but....

I was watching this thing and it got to the part were the Xbox was set to release an all powerful attack. All the signs were there - the token attacks by the heroes, the action representative flash, the excessive dialogue!! And just as the Xbox unleashed it's assault my default screen saver kicked in - reducing my display to just a black screen and floating Windows XP logo.

It actually took me a few seconds to realize this wasn't part of the movie.

Blood marks heaven's path

lunatic
136th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Fri 31 Dec 09:41post reply

i suppose 1 FF game got easier after the other. I like the materia system in FF7, coz u can do all kinds o' weird tricky combinations to do interesting things, in turn, yea every character w/ enough M.slots are just wrecked,
but man, FF8 is by far the worst, you just sit for hours to draw the living shizzle outta every dam monster u see.

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

Juke Joint Jezebel
3255th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Fri 31 Dec 11:35post reply

quote:
living shizzle

yarrr

drawing was such a pain. if you wanted a spell that bad, which i always did, you had to go through that damn menu over and over again. even if you memorized the cursor directions, it was so time-consuming, especially with the animation ...

and there's nothing that ruins a boss battle more than taking turns drawing that ultra rare spell

i think it would've been a cool feature if drawing was automatic, or if there was an option to set a character (or characters) to draw until you turned it off, or maybe if they set a limit so you can only draw a certain percentage from a single enemy. i don't know

Iggy
5335th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Fri 31 Dec 18:51post reply

quote:
drawing was such a pain. if you wanted a spell that bad, which i always did, you had to go through that damn menu over and over again. even if you memorized the cursor directions, it was so time-consuming, especially with the animation ...

and there's nothing that ruins a boss battle more than taking turns drawing that ultra rare spell

i think it would've been a cool feature if drawing was automatic, or if there was an option to set a character (or characters) to draw until you turned it off, or maybe if they set a limit so you can only draw a certain percentage from a single enemy. i don't know

draw ? what ? In which game was "draw" like that ?

Juke Joint Jezebel
3256th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Fri 31 Dec 19:06post reply

quote:
draw ? what ? In which game was "draw" like that ?

Draw your sword, iggy.

If you don't, I will.

Iggy
5336th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Fri 31 Dec 19:17post reply

quote:
Draw your sword, iggy.

If you don't, I will.

No, but, I... I mean I... Oh, OK.
You don't have a twin sister I could bury alive, while I'm at it ?

Juke Joint Jezebel
3257th Post

"iggy (Level 99) vs jjj (Level 99)" , posted Fri 31 Dec 19:30post reply

quote:
No, but, I... I mean I... Oh, OK.
You don't have a twin sister I could bury alive, while I'm at it ?

That's it. No one gets out of here alive.

Stage: Flying in space somewhere, like Final Fantasy [insert number here].
Background music: Essence of Odium

HAYATO
176th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):iggy (Level 99) vs jjj (Level 99)" , posted Sat 1 Jan 06:24post reply

Turkish Spidey Says : Adios, Iggy!!!

OYashiroForever
805th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):Sega Fantasy 5" , posted Sat 1 Jan 09:33post reply

quote:

Agreed wholeheartedly. Even if you ignore FF8's other myriad flaws that could be chalked up to personal taste (story, music, characters, etc.), Draw was the single worst "system" in any FF game. No question.

And I certainly hope this guy does Sega Fantasy 6... if only to see who he gets for all the characters.

Iggy
5339th Post

"Re(1):iggy (Level 99) vs jjj (Level 99)" , posted Sun 2 Jan 01:12post reply

quote:
That's it. No one gets out of here alive.

Stage: Flying in space somewhere, like Final Fantasy [insert number here].
Background music: Essence of Odium

You don't stand a chance, and you know it.

Don't worry, it'll be quick and painless.