Random arcade news - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2189 Views )

Iggy
5297th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Random arcade news" , posted Tue 28 Dec 18:46post reply

All stolen on Nikaiten.

First, the scenarii of Mokujin, Eddy and especially Ganryû the pedophile are up on the Tekken official site.

The official page of Senko no Ronde has been updated, with screenshots and an details on the OST (2005/2/5).

The Arcadia mook of CFJ is released, and it has all the pictures of the endings apparently. That may be worth it.

Capcom will appear at the next AM Show in February. It doesn't necessarly means they will show a new game, but that's better than nothing (Vampire ! Vampire !)

Ah, and it's not arcade, but the NEW EXCLUSIVE HIDDEN CHARACTERS for Vampire Chronicle Chaos Tower on PSP were, of course, Oboro Bishamon, Shadow and Marionette. Yeah, the "characters" you could use without having to unlock them in the original version. (NO WORD ON DARK GALLON THOUGH ! tohoho).

Replies:

NARUTO
2832th Post

"Re(1):Random arcade news" , posted Tue 28 Dec 19:06post reply

quote:
All stolen on Nikaiten.
The Arcadia mook of CFJ is released, and it has all the pictures of the endings apparently. That may be worth it.

Capcom will appear at the next AM Show in February. It doesn't necessarly means they will show a new game, but that's better than nothing (Vampire ! Vampire !)

Ah, and it's not arcade, but the NEW EXCLUSIVE HIDDEN CHARACTERS for Vampire Chronicle Chaos Tower on PSP were, of course, Oboro Bishamon, Shadow and Marionette. Yeah, the "characters" you could use without having to unlock them in the original version. (NO WORD ON DARK GALLON THOUGH ! tohoho).

If Capcom shows us, even just an weakly updated vampire game on arcade, then I'll start beliving in miracles...

The biggest Talent it's to make peoples belive you're talented...

Siegfried
423th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Random arcade news" , posted Tue 28 Dec 22:23post reply

If the arcade game is the four years old (and now revived and interesting again) Vampire Chronicles, I'm gonna kill a kitten.

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Iggy
5300th Post

"Re(1):Random arcade news" , posted Tue 28 Dec 23:59post reply

quote:

Actually, even with this it seems very possible not to buy it at all.
Check the winning quotes if you are interested.

exodus
2299th Post

"Re(2):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 02:30post reply

bleh!
those senko no ronde screens are old!
I want moooooreeeee.

The soundtrack stuff is cool though. I still haven't heard the 2nd border down OST...

Fuchikoma
1195th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 09:44post reply

Is there any word on Chaos Breaker? The last videos I saw of the game looked pretty completed to me... and it's been in development for what.. like 2 or 3 years now? I wonder what's holding up Eolith to set a release date.

Iron D
2580th Post

"Re(1):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 13:22post reply

quote:

Ah, and it's not arcade, but the NEW EXCLUSIVE HIDDEN CHARACTERS for Vampire Chronicle Chaos Tower on PSP were, of course, Oboro Bishamon, Shadow and Marionette. Yeah, the "characters" you could use without having to unlock them in the original version.

Uh...Marionette?

Zelkin. Pimped.

Krzyzewski Man
1013th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 14:16post reply

quote:

Ah, and it's not arcade, but the NEW EXCLUSIVE HIDDEN CHARACTERS for Vampire Chronicle Chaos Tower on PSP were, of course, Oboro Bishamon, Shadow and Marionette. Yeah, the "characters" you could use without having to unlock them in the original version.

GOOD TO KNOW CAPCOM LOVES IGGY VERY VERY MUCH

*gives self hernia laughing*

Krzyzewski Man:
Lowering the tone since 1985.

Dr Baghead
3313th Post

"Re(2):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 14:45post reply

quote:
Uh...Marionette?

Might be PSX only...

it's basically a fancy "random select" much like Shadow, only instead of being a mirror match she steals bodies(you start with someone random)

ie- you'd start as Morigan, defeat Felicia, Marionette leaves Morigan (who then passes out) and takes over Felicia, playing as Felicia you fight Phoebus, you defeat Phoebus, Felicia passes out and Marionette takes over Phoebus, Phoebus fights Donovan, you defeat Donovan, Phoebus passes out... you get the idea, just another version of Shadow basically.

yeah it's not funny

Pollyanna
692th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 17:00post reply

I'd be totally thrilled if they made the Marionette a real character. I really liked her design.

Iggy
5310th Post

"Re(3):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:18post reply

quote:
ie- you'd start as Morigan, defeat Felicia, Marionette leaves Morigan (who then passes out) and takes over Felicia, playing as Felicia you fight Phoebus, you defeat Phoebus, Felicia passes out and Marionette takes over Phoebus, Phoebus fights Donovan, you defeat Donovan, Phoebus passes out... you get the idea, just another version of Shadow basically.

No, this is Shadow.
Marionette makes you play only mirror matches (like, the character you play actually is a puppet of the real character you're fighting).
She appeared in Savior 2.

Spoon
706th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Random arcade news" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:21post reply

quote:
bleh!
those senko no ronde screens are old!
I want moooooreeeee.

The soundtrack stuff is cool though. I still haven't heard the 2nd border down OST...

It's indeed funny how in the "system" section all they've got are the screenshots that they had on the old Ronde site. Boo.

Dr Baghead
3314th Post

"I'm the biggest idiot ever!" , posted Thu 30 Dec 08:13post reply

quote:
No, this is Shadow.
Marionette makes you play only mirror matches (like, the character you play actually is a puppet of the real character you're fighting).
She appeared in Savior 2.

Crap >_< you're right

I got it confused by the logic Shadow was the Shadow of your opponent (since what in the name "Shadow" implies body jumping, dammit?! that's just misleading) and that Marionette used the defeated bodies as puppets (like she was the puppeteer and even round decided to ditch her last one and go with a fresh puppet)

But I should have remember she was mirror matches since was (to my knowledge anyway, probably very wrong and the code to use her is out there somewhere) not in the Saturn version of DS3, just the PSX version... and at the time I assumed she was added so people who wanted to see all the animation frames could use her and get a mirror match ever round.

GOD I'M SO RETARDED TO HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT (replaces bad with a dunce cap and sits in the corner)

yeah it's not funny

Iggy
5323th Post

"don't try to take my spot" , posted Thu 30 Dec 09:11post reply

Shhhh, calm down, Baghead! your heart!
I think the code was press start 5 times on Random for Shadow, and 7 for Marionette ? I think if you push start a few times on a character then go on Random and start 5 times for Shadow, you could also select the first character you would use.
quote:
I got it confused by the logic Shadow was the Shadow of your opponent (since what in the name "Shadow" implies body jumping, dammit?! that's just misleading)

You remember what he looks like ? I liked the idea of that slimish ghost taking the body of the character he just killed, and moving from corpse to corpse...

Dr Baghead
3316th Post

"Re(1):don't try to take my spot" , posted Thu 30 Dec 09:50post reply

quote:
You remember what he looks like ? I liked the idea of that slimish ghost taking the body of the character he just killed, and moving from corpse to corpse...

Yeah I remember what he looked like, just not what he did... which now that I've been reminded of that, yeah a body stealing slime ghost is pretty cool.

but I still maintain "Shadow" is a bad name for a body jumper since shadows have nothing to do with soul switching. Why not call him "Ghost" since looks one and uses dead bodies to fight or "Jason" in honor of the silly premise of the 9th Friday the 13th movie!

yeah it's not funny

Iron D
2581th Post

"Re(2):don't try to take my spot" , posted Thu 30 Dec 12:29post reply

quote:

Yeah I remember what he looked like, just not what he did... which now that I've been reminded of that, yeah a body stealing slime ghost is pretty cool.

but I still maintain "Shadow" is a bad name for a body jumper since shadows have nothing to do with soul switching. Why not call him "Ghost" since looks one and uses dead bodies to fight or "Jason" in honor of the silly premise of the 9th Friday the 13th movie!

I guess Marionette was only in the PSX version, cuz she sure istn't in the Saturn version (which I own). Thanks for the info though, Iggs and Dr. B.

Zelkin. Pimped.

NARUTO
2834th Post

"Re(4):Random arcade news" , posted Fri 31 Dec 03:38post reply

quote:
I'd be totally thrilled if they made the Marionette a real character. I really liked her design.

Amen to that!!
I'm a big Marionette fan too, with shadow, she's one of the characters I use the most.

always liked those "Random" charcters, like mokujin or the paper man in LB2....

The biggest Talent it's to make peoples belive you're talented...