Possibly old (CFE soundtrack related) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1501 Views )

Korigama
19th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Possibly old (CFE soundtrack related)" , posted Sun 26 Dec 16:18post reply

Did anyone else notice that the tune at the beginning of Ingrid's theme is the same as the one from Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"?

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3164th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Possibly old (CFE soundtrack related)" , posted Sun 26 Dec 16:23post reply

quote:
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"?

Sushingada?

Korigama
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Possibly old (CFE soundtrack related)" , posted Sun 26 Dec 16:29post reply

I might have seen an explanation regarding the name on a VH1 special (can't remember which one), supposedly intended to be "In the Garden of Eden".

An example of where you might have heard it being an episode of The Simpsons where Bart replaced all of the sheet music at mass, the scene fast-forwarding about 17 minutes into the song.

IkariDC
219th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Possibly old (CFE soundtrack related)" , posted Mon 27 Dec 05:03post reply

quote:
I might have seen an explanation regarding the name on a VH1 special (can't remember which one), supposedly intended to be "In the Garden of Eden".

An example of where you might have heard it being an episode of The Simpsons where Bart replaced all of the sheet music at mass, the scene fast-forwarding about 17 minutes into the song.

Yes, I also noticed that. I wonder why, I mean, if there is a reason for it, not only because the composer wanted to put that in the song.

HAYATO
160th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Possibly old (CFE soundtrack related)" , posted Mon 27 Dec 20:03post reply

quote:

Yes, I also noticed that. I wonder why, I mean, if there is a reason for it, not only because the composer wanted to put that in the song.

Yeah, the most plausible explanation for that should be the same as for Mark of the Wolves' Rock Howard theme. Why did they use a Robert Miles song?. Easy : using the poor excuse of paying a homage, they save time as they have less songs to compose.

Well, everybody knows the Capcom way, so I'm sure we'll see the day when they pay homage to John Williams, Vangelis or James Horner...maybe in "Viewtiful Joe 7' the Champion Edition" or so...

IkariDC
221th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Possibly old (CFE soundtrack related)" , posted Tue 28 Dec 05:00post reply

quote:

Yeah, the most plausible explanation for that should be the same as for Mark of the Wolves' Rock Howard theme. Why did they use a Robert Miles song?. Easy : using the poor excuse of paying a homage, they save time as they have less songs to compose.

Well, everybody knows the Capcom way, so I'm sure we'll see the day when they pay homage to John Williams, Vangelis or James Horner...maybe in "Viewtiful Joe 7' the Champion Edition" or so...

Ha ha, I was also thinking about Rock's theme while I posted that. Yeah, but one thing is doing a homage, and doing a complete rip-off is another. I bet that the CFJ Mook is not going to give us the answer..