www.the-magicbox.com - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2386 Views )

Shyeim
218th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Sat 25 Dec 04:59post reply

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

LMAO!

Replies:

Freeter
4261th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Sat 25 Dec 05:05post reply

I get this instead:

Sorry, but we are currently down for maintenance. Thank your for patience.

Chillypepper
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Sat 25 Dec 17:14:post reply

looks like somebody spent too much money on Christmas...

[this message was edited by Chillypepper on Sat 25 Dec 17:24]

exodus
2277th Post

"Re(1):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 03:54post reply

quote:
This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

LMAO!

this happens to him every year.

IkariDC
220th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 04:28post reply

Yo Exodus, it's nice to see you posting again!

exodus
2278th Post

"Re(3):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 04:57post reply

quote:
Yo Exodus, it's nice to see you posting again!

yeah. I feel weird having been away for so long. I hope to get back to normal soon o_0

Pollyanna
680th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 06:24post reply

Yeah, I hope you'll inspire people to post summore. I get sick of seeing myself as the last poster in 3 topics at a time. Now that I picked up a new job that's got me working at home, I'm always busy, but still keep coming here every few hours like it's a nervous tick. It's kinda sad.

exodus
2284th Post

"Re(5):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 06:50post reply

I thought you were working at home already.

mysterious.
vague.
pollyanna.

from calvin klein

Pollyanna
681th Post

"Re(6):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 07:27post reply

quote:
I thought you were working at home already.

mysterious.
vague.
pollyanna.

from calvin klein

Hahahaha...OK OK! I'll be specific this time.
I was doing writing for the worst game company in the world at home, but that was just barely paying the bills, so I got a job at an ice cream shop...the ONLY place that would hire me. Displeased with scrubbing up icecream that bratty kids threw on the floor, I tried out to be a writer at AD Vision. Now they have me doing test scripts for shows (at home) and it's horribly time consuming (especially since I still have the ice cream job).

Iggy
5291th Post

"Re(7):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 07:52post reply

quote:
I was doing writing for the worst game company in the world at home, but that was just barely paying the bills, so I got a job at an ice cream shop...the ONLY place that would hire me. Displeased with scrubbing up icecream that bratty kids threw on the floor, I tried out to be a writer at AD Vision. Now they have me doing test scripts for shows (at home) and it's horribly time consuming (especially since I still have the ice cream job).

For a reason, I think the Calvin Klein job felt more sexy.

Also, I personally don't mind at all beeing the last poster in 3 topics at the time. Or 4. 5. 6, 7, 8, yeah, I don't count them. Maybe 9 from time to time. 10... OK, 13 maybe once, when I was constipat... 15 ??? You're kidding me.
Oh no I did not heard you say that number. Stop it right now. STOP. I AM NOT LISTENING.
LALALALALALA.

exodus
2286th Post

"Re(8):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 08:04post reply

now none of you can be the last poster, because I will kill them. ME!

so now that you don't have that job, I want to know who the worst videogame company in the world is. you don't have to write it here, sir/madam/sir.

HAYATO
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 08:20post reply

quote:

so now that you don't have that job, I want to know who the worst videogame company in the world is. you don't have to write it here, sir/madam/sir.

Why not? I'm curious too...

Pollyanna
684th Post

"Re(10):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Tue 28 Dec 10:22post reply

Actually, I'm still working for them. Or rather, I still do work for them from time to time. It's a complicated situation. Of course, I'm exaggerating. They aren't the worst in the world, but they have a lot of problems. That's one of the reasons why my work for them is so sporadic.

Anyway, I'm sorry for bringing it up again. Brandon, check your mail...as an honorary member of the Pollyanna Fan/Hate club, you get the inside scoop.

Variable Savior
241th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Wed 29 Dec 03:33post reply

quote:
I was doing writing for the worst game company in the world at home, but that was just barely paying the bills, so I got a job at an ice cream shop...the ONLY place that would hire me

I, for one, am more interested in why said ice cream place was the only that would hire you. Since you've had multiple writing gigs it seems rather likely that you have talent - combined with your professional experience you'd think that you could parlay it into something a bit more lucrative than an ice cream jockey.

Mind you I don't mean to pry - I just found this to be a touch strange. If the answer is something you'd rather not discuss then I withdraw my question.

Blood marks heaven's path

exodus
2301th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Wed 29 Dec 03:55post reply

the answer is actually above. she's still freelance writing, but doing the ice cream gig as a fulltime thing to get the bills paid.

Variable Savior
242th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Wed 29 Dec 04:45post reply

quote:
the answer is actually above. she's still freelance writing, but doing the ice cream gig as a fulltime thing to get the bills paid.

I can understand the need for a full time position to cover living expenses but the (presumably) 'close to minimum wage' kind of job she ended up with is a bit of a surprise. One would think that in light of her skills she'd be able to find work in an office or something.

Ahhhh but I'm sure it's none of my business

Pollyanna
689th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):www.the-magicbox.com" , posted Wed 29 Dec 05:01post reply

THE MAGICBOX IS BACK!

Anyway, my work experience actually works AGAINST me. Even though I have experience writing scripts, that isn't something that anyone is looking for. In offices, although I have decent computer experience, my typing isn't on par with an average secretary's, so I don't get those jobs. I applied to a newspaper, but couldn't get the job because of my mediocre typing skills, despite knowing all of the necessary programs.

The problem with my work record is that companies aren't keen on hiring people who have been paid considerably more than they're willing to pay. It wasn't until I was a good 50 or so applications down the line that a potential employer said "no one's going to hire you with that resume, and in my case, although I called you back, I can't tell you it's not working against you."

Furthermore, I've never had a real job, only done freelance work. In the future, I'll have to either leave out those jobs or "blur the numbers". Rather than saying I get $50-$75 an hour voice acting, I'll have to say "varies" or "$100-$300 per project".

Mosquiton
1465th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Resume tips" , posted Sat 1 Jan 01:58post reply

quote:
THE MAGICBOX IS BACK!

Anyway, my work experience actually works AGAINST me. Even though I have experience writing scripts, that isn't something that anyone is looking for. In offices, although I have decent computer experience, my typing isn't on par with an average secretary's, so I don't get those jobs. I applied to a newspaper, but couldn't get the job because of my mediocre typing skills, despite knowing all of the necessary programs.

The problem with my work record is that companies aren't keen on hiring people who have been paid considerably more than they're willing to pay. It wasn't until I was a good 50 or so applications down the line that a potential employer said "no one's going to hire you with that resume, and in my case, although I called you back, I can't tell you it's not working against you."

Furthermore, I've never had a real job, only done freelance work. In the future, I'll have to either leave out those jobs or "blur the numbers". Rather than saying I get $50-$75 an hour voice acting, I'll have to say "varies" or "$100-$300 per project".

I'd say leave out salary history unless it's specifically requested, or yeah... just list it 'per project' or 'weekly' or some such.

I wish I knew what the worst game company in the world was... I hope I don't write for them too!

/ / /

Variable Savior
244th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Resume tips" , posted Sat 1 Jan 06:19post reply

I've never seen salary information listed on a resume - I'd assume it was more of an application question.

Anyhow, I usually rework my resume so that it's conducive to the particular job I'm applying for. That is to say that I list aspects of previous jobs that I think are in line with the type of work to be done at the new job. Of course, this can be difficult if the new job is nothing like one's previous experience - then it's best to consider it a sort of creativity challenge.

My dad once told me that I should list my height and weight on my resume (??). Man, if that was required information then I don't think I wanna know what kinda jobs he was applying for...