Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3316 Views )

Iggy
5317th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Fri 24 Dec 19:53:post reply

No new characters in this one; they present the battle system, the moves of Ai and Yuki, and the new moves of Tung, Robert,Hotaru, Moriya, BIG, Rock and Karate.

For a reason, this makes me more happy than another bunch of new characters.
Now let's wait for the upネ申.

It seems we have seen all the default characters, and they are plenty enough in my opinion; no need for 10 hidden assholes like in SvC.

Also, for a reason, and I tend to agree with this :
まんこ怖い
まんこ怖い

Edit : I hadn't noticed it !
It's also the number of the Arcadia prices. The best game is Quest of D, SS0 got a price for the best effects, but the funniest is :
Best characters :
1 ASH CRIMSON
2 Garnet
3 KUSARE GEDÔ

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 29 Dec 20:06]

Replies:

Ammadeau
1250th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Fri 24 Dec 21:16post reply

I was just playing Card Fighters Clash 2 and thinking of this game. I really, really hope it turns out well because the character selection is too much like a dream that I don't want to wake up from.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

Iggy
5270th Post

"Re(1):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Sat 25 Dec 08:17:post reply

Moves shown:
Tung : 十字拳 and 雷鳴脚
Moriya : 月読・上弦(the 弾き move of Gekka)follow up : 花残・追
Robert : Ryûgekisen low
Karate : 虎砲疾風拳 with new animations.
Hotaru : gets 2 kamae, like Juhn. kamae 裏燕follow up 燕龍盤打 and kamae 蒸雲十六手 (no follow up shown)
Rock : 下段避け攻撃
Big ; Raging Spear (now a ranbu ?)

notes on the above :
1) I don't know most of the characters
2) I don't know the basic english words for 避け or 弾き, and I don't want to look for them
3) I'm ill and I had to cancel a fuck date because of this
4) I hate you.

Therefore, if you don't like all those japanese terms, feel free to ask someone else.

Merry Christmas !

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 25 Dec 08:36]

Iggy
5269th Post

"Re(2):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Sat 25 Dec 08:23post reply

Merry christmas followup :
Yûki :
Card slash : each special move powers up.
Bakuretsuken : an attack that goes forward.
Riding Hero : a move that flies in the air
Beast Buster : projectile

Ai :
bunshinken : duplicates herself / teleports
Last Resort : creates... something that absorbs projectiles, then shoots some ???
2020 Super Catch catch the projectiles in her baseball glove. Then she does something else, but is not shown yet.

My conclusion from all this :

Any game>>>>>>>>Isuka>>>SVC>>>>>>>Musôken>>>>>Garô3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryûkô Gaiden>>>>>Fûun Mokushiroku>>[unsurpassable wall]>>Jane Fonda's fitness program>>>kof2003

mbisonhatclub
71th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Sat 25 Dec 17:24post reply

quote:
My conclusion from all this :

Any game>>>>>>>>Isuka>>>SVC>>>>>>>Musôken>>>>>Garô3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryûkô Gaiden>>>>>Fûun Mokushiroku>>[unsurpassable wall]>>Jane Fonda's fitness program>>>kof2003

Does any game include "Rise of the Robots"?

join the m.bison hat club today
i'm not just the president i'm also a client

Iggy
5275th Post

"Re(4):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Sat 25 Dec 21:06:post reply

quote:
Does any game include "Rise of the Robots"?

"Any game" includes Silent Hill 4, Gensui 4 and Xenosaga 2.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 25 Dec 21:07]

Shingo The One
333th Post

Bronze Customer

"Nejibako thread:Arcadia details" , posted Mon 27 Dec 17:56post reply

quote:
No new characters in this one; they present the battle system, the moves of Ai and Yuki, and the new moves of Tung, Robert,Hotaru, Moriya, BIG, Rock and Karate.

For a reason, this makes me more happy than another bunch of new characters.
Now let's wait for the upネ申.

It seems we have seen all the default characters, and they are plenty enough in my opinion; no need for 10 hidden assholes like in SvC.

Also, for a reason, and I tend to agree with this :
まんこ怖い
まんこ怖い

Hey Iggy, our good friend beelzebubble, or beebub for short, has posted his impressions on the latest Arcadia for NGBC.And we may start the New Year with a bang with the probable loke test sometime next month.Here's the link(somehow the links don't work with me, so as of now on, I'll give you the links, and then see for yourself):
www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108103
That's all for now.One more week to go and then, hello 2005.Later.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

GrandC
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Nejibako thread:Arcadia details" , posted Tue 28 Dec 01:50post reply

quote:
Hey Iggy, our good friend beelzebubble, or beebub for short, has posted his impressions on the latest Arcadia for NGBC.And we may start the New Year with a bang with the probable loke test sometime next month.Here's the link(somehow the links don't work with me, so as of now on, I'll give you the links, and then see for yourself):
www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108103
That's all for now.One more week to go and then, hello 2005.Later.

Heres beelzebubble's post:

i checked out the new arcadia today, was a little to lazy to read everything over but basically it introduced parts of the game system (though it did confirm that the game is two character free tag with only one round and the round ends when either of the two characters on one side dies).

1. system : auto charge = the power gauge starts to automatically power up if you
keep your partner in the background (see not tagged in) for a certain amount of time (this is one of the rewards for not using your second character) for a set amount of time (didnt mention how long). basically gives you bar for supers, auto reversals (c+d from kof), etc.

2. system : hyper charge = works the same as above though maybe takes longer?? when you hit hyper charge level (after a certain amount of time has passed) then your character who's waiting will have "hyper charge) beside their name (the bar second from the top that represents your partners energy) and when you finally use them (tag them in) they will do more damage, do more chip damage and have more power bar (the last one i cant remember properly so maybe it was something else..).

3. system : the c+d reversal system = if you do this (kof style) then it knocks your opponent across the screen, pushing the tag button straight after will tag in your partner, the magazine hint this might be the best/most oft used way to tag in implying it's very safe or perhaps allows some kind of tag in juggle (i hope not, i wasnt a big fan of tag abuse in kof2k3). this cost one third of a power bar (which has 3 parts/levels and this takes one level).

4. there was a write up on the two new characters with pics of their moves (yuuki and ai) ai seems to have a fb, a mine drop type thing and some other moves.

5. the second page has pics of new and upgraded moves for six characters, tung has an air super and an air move both of which are new. there were two new or updated moves for moriya, roberts high and low fireballs ala 2k3 though the projectiles themselves are different looking (more like his 2k2 tron disc style ones), new moves for hotaru, a redone move for mr karate which seemed to be ryo's hcb+P totally redrawn but the kanji seemed to be for his dp which one it is i'm not a 100% sure. also a redrawn or new move for mr big where he seems to be twirling the opponent on his sticks above his head, though it reminds me of a throw he has... not sure if its a new move or just redone. i'm very vague today... they also said lots of moves have been redone, redrawn as well as the sprites being redone, redrawn, updated...

6. thats about it, a mid-late jan loke test?

7. EDIT, forgot they mentioned that you get some kind of bonus/effect if you win a battle without ever using your 2nd character.. how that works they didnt give details on but it sounds like they are really trying to come up with new system mechanics for the tag game, a way to balance out the one character dies mechanic and to reward careful use of each character.....

exodus
2275th Post

"Re(1):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Tue 28 Dec 03:32post reply

I have been gone too long, and don't know what this is. I feel ignorant ;_;

Iggy
5290th Post

"Re(2):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Tue 28 Dec 07:47post reply

quote:
I have been gone too long, and don't know what this is. I feel ignorant ;_;

On the surface, it's what you get when you pick the first kana of each word of the name of ネオ・ジオ・バトル・コロシアム

In reality,
Neji = a screw.
Bako = a box.
which may or may not contain a hidden message about how the game will be a box full of bugs equiped with several 8 feet long penisses to screw every hole of anyone who misleadingly believes Imoya can do an even slightly non mediocre game.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
My evil goal was to have all the morons around use the name because the kool kid uses it so they think they will be kool if they use it as well. That, and laugh at them while I spit bits of lungs at my monitor.
So shhhhhhh! It's a secret just between you and me! Don't tell anyone or it will spoil the fun!

End of Spoiler

Burning Kyo
2225th Post

"Re(3):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Tue 28 Dec 07:52post reply

You're evil, Iggy ... really evil ... (-__-')

[Live fast // Die young]

exodus
2287th Post

"Re(4):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Tue 28 Dec 08:05post reply

hehe...your delicious maliciousness.

I wanted to rhyme that, but it wouldn't go, without sounding stupid.

so ngbc is not coming to consoles, you say?

beto
766th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(5):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Tue 28 Dec 08:33post reply

If you check other forums (herv and so on), you´ll see people actually discussing how only a complete idiot like Iggy would actually call the game that.

exodus
2291th Post

"Re(6):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Tue 28 Dec 08:36post reply

quote:
If you check other forums (herv and so on), you´ll see people actually discussing how only a complete idiot like Iggy would actually call the game that.

they're just jealous because he's the only way they can find this information. *teehee*

Iggy
5295th Post

"Re(6):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Tue 28 Dec 08:46post reply

quote:

Let me get it straight.
You're trying to make me feel bad by telling me that people I don't know are talking about me on forums I've never heard of ?
No, please, just to be sure.

Iggy
5300th Post

"Nejibako again" , posted Tue 28 Dec 20:11:post reply

Q&A : the music is made by the 3 members of Shinsekai Rakkyoku zatsugidan (?), historical composers for SNK.
Also, they haven't shown all the characters (it may mean "there will be 10 hidden characters" or "we haven't shown you the boss yet").

In the Premium Gallery, Karate, Robert, BIG and Lee are presented. Uninteresting story, gorgeous art.

Kula, Shingo and the rest of the orochi team should not appear in the game.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 28 Dec 20:46]

IkariDC
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 05:18post reply

quote:
Q&A : the music is made by the 3 members of Shinsekai Rakkyoku zatsugidan (?), historical composers for SNK.

Really? That's just awesome too awesome!

Oh, and I don't believe that they are not going to port the game eventually.

Cain Highwind
487th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 05:44post reply

quote:

Is this personal opinion or something from the Q&A?

Thanks for the news, Iggy, regardless.

kikkoken
787th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 05:59post reply

quote:

Iggy has developed this prescience after spending years learning the ancient art of deciphering the secret messages in socks' holes. If you give him your worn-out socks he is able to tell if your sexlife will be lavish in the next few days, or if Shingo will be in NGBC. It is in his own socks that he was able to foresee how trendy it was going to be to call the game Negibako,for example.

Cain Highwind
489th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 06:39:post reply

quote:

Iggy has developed this prescience after spending years learning the ancient art of deciphering the secret messages in socks' holes. If you give him your worn-out socks he is able to tell if your sexlife will be lavish in the next few days, or if Shingo will be in NGBC. It is in his own socks that he was able to foresee how trendy it was going to be to call the game Negibako,for example.

You know THE ONE, will not tolerate this and probably destroy SNKP's headquarters out of anger, right? I'll get you my dear Iggy, and your little socks too!

[this message was edited by Cain Highwind on Wed 29 Dec 06:41]

Korigama
21th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 06:49post reply

quote:

*wanders off swearing like a sailor*

Iggy
5306th Post

"Re(2):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 07:13post reply

quote:

They quote everyone who say "your roster sucks because XXXXX is not in it" and reply "we can't please everyone, so we tried to put characters as different as possible".
And the XXXX are Kula, Shingo, Yashiro and Chris, and the 3 orochi versions.
Though, it is less clear than for Ukyo and Andy. I also find it hard to think Orochi Shermie won't be in the game, unlockable for 42537589 points.

ONSLAUGHT
3168th Post

"Mmmmhh..." , posted Wed 29 Dec 12:36:post reply

quote:
Let me get it straight.
You're trying to make me feel bad by telling me that people I don't know are talking about me on forums I've never heard of ?

Well, I don't know about that, I've heard legends about certain VeggieH8r, Jojo scans and a Wolrd Heroes Rom

[this message was edited by ONSLAUGHT on Wed 29 Dec 14:53]

Moriya
16th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 12:56post reply

quote:

Hmmm... makes me wonder if they'll add Maxima or Whip to be K's partner... unless they'll pair him up with Shermie, since they're both from KOF... but that sure would be weird.

"Tsuki yo ni agake."

Shingo The One
334th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Nejibako again" , posted Wed 29 Dec 15:46post reply

quote:

You know THE ONE, will not tolerate this and probably destroy SNKP's headquarters out of anger, right? I'll get you my dear Iggy, and your little socks too!

One need not worry, because The One will obviously return, but the new KOF is surely a true venue for such an event.Happy New Year.

There is a difference between doing it FIRST and doing it RIGHT.

Iggy
5317th Post

"Re(1):Mmmmhh..." , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:13:post reply

quote:
Well, I don't know about that, I've heard legends about certain VeggieH8r, Jojo scans and a Wolrd Heroes Rom

Ah! Yes, I remember... It was that guy who came because he thought I would help him make a scanlation of Jojo, I said no because it was stealing etc, then a few seconds later someone asked for a World Heroes rom and I gave it, is it ?
I think my reason at the time was that Araki was still alive and gaining money from his work while ADK was dead and their intellectual properties were not yet bought by SNK, but still, it was dumb, yeah.
But what is the point with what Masterposter just said ?

Also, my real thought at the time is that I respected and loved Araki (something that is not valid anymore) and I had no respect at all for ADK or WH, so pirating them didn't bother me at all (something that is still valid).

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 29 Dec 21:05]

Lupin
2794th Post

"Re(7):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:23post reply

quote:
Let me get it straight.

-and now they won't have sex with you!1!

Iggy
5312th Post

"Re(8):Arcadia Flying get : Nejibako thread" , posted Wed 29 Dec 19:29post reply

quote:
-and now they won't have sex with you!1!

AH ! That's rough.
But thank god, I have other, more creative partner to replace them.
A whip, a metal-founder mask and a leopard bikini? COUNT ME IN !

ONSLAUGHT
3168th Post

"Re(2):Mmmmhh..." , posted Thu 30 Dec 12:08post reply

quote:

But what is the point with what Masterposter just said ?

I don't know, he's after all, a Master Poster.

Iggy
5325th Post

"Re(3):Mmmmhh..." , posted Thu 30 Dec 21:33post reply

quote:
I don't know, he's after all, a Master Poster.

Are we doomed, then ?