'Dolphin Blue' - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1516 Views )

Bata kun
2428th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"'Dolphin Blue'" , posted Wed 22 Dec 04:58post reply

Well, tried "Dolphin Blue" a while back. I never thought that I'd expect a dolphin to be a helper. Oh well. I think I went up to the third level.

The game itself may lack special weapons, but didn't "Contra" have that problem too? If you haven't played it, um, it has some sort of level system and you can end up with powerful attacks. Of course, the visuals are beyond wonderful and the audio's okay, but not memorable.

Verdict: the game has potential. I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel pops up. That's for sure.

Replies:

ZamIAm
1479th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):'Dolphin Blue'" , posted Wed 22 Dec 06:04post reply

quote:
Well, tried "Dolphin Blue" a while back. I never thought that I'd expect a dolphin to be a helper. Oh well. I think I went up to the third level.

The game itself may lack special weapons, but didn't "Contra" have that problem too? If you haven't played it, um, it has some sort of level system and you can end up with powerful attacks. Of course, the visuals are beyond wonderful and the audio's okay, but not memorable.

Verdict: the game has potential. I wouldn't be surprised if a sequel pops up. That's for sure.

DB is pretty cool and I like the mix between the running, riding, and swimming stages. I managed to beat level 3 with much difficulty but it starts to get insane after a point. There's a moderate number of guns, you just have to pick them up.

"Come with it then!"

Spoon
704th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):'Dolphin Blue'" , posted Wed 22 Dec 06:50post reply

quote:

I played this once at a local arcade, and by the time I went back, the machine was gone.

Any console release of it?

ZamIAm
1485th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"curious test" , posted Thu 6 Jan 00:03post reply

bump?

"Come with it then!"