Gamespot's B&W04 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1458 Views )

Joe Randel
343th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"Gamespot's B&W04" , posted Wed 22 Dec 00:46post reply

Remeber where we used to talk about games? Ah yeah... Okay, I'll try to get us back on track. Over at game spot, they're doing thier "Best and Worst of 2004". People should run over and check it out and repost back as to weather or not Gamespot is full of crap or not (they usually are, but I find they're better then most game sites).

I think it's very funny though they they have an award for the worst product pacement and yet you can't go anywhere on that site with out seeing an add for "Castrol Syntec". Becasue games and motor oil go together so well.

Here's some samples of who "won" what...

Best new character - The Boss, MGS3
Best voice acting - GTA:SA
Best original music - Katamari Damacy
Biggest disappointment - Fable
Best puzzle/rhythm game - Katamari Damacy
Best platformer - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
etc... etc... etc...

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Replies:

KTallguy
445th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Gamespot's B&W04" , posted Wed 22 Dec 02:58post reply

quote:
Remeber where we used to talk about games? Ah yeah... Okay, I'll try to get us back on track. Over at game spot, they're doing thier "Best and Worst of 2004". People should run over and check it out and repost back as to weather or not Gamespot is full of crap or not (they usually are, but I find they're better then most game sites).

I think it's very funny though they they have an award for the worst product pacement and yet you can't go anywhere on that site with out seeing an add for "Castrol Syntec". Becasue games and motor oil go together so well.

Here's some samples of who "won" what...

Best new character - The Boss, MGS3
Best voice acting - GTA:SA
Best original music - Katamari Damacy
Biggest disappointment - Fable
Best puzzle/rhythm game - Katamari Damacy
Best platformer - Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
etc... etc... etc...

I think Gamespot should do something like Famitsu, where multiple people review the same game. It's really impossible to trust ONE persons opinion on a game, you have to talk to multiple people about it. Some people just don't like certain types of games, which other people might love...

The problem is that it takes too much time and money, GS will never do it. Their reviews are usually decent though.

Support the Strongest Cooperation! Ibuki and Genjuro!
"手前がやくぶそくなんだよ!"