Suprnova is closed down - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2410 Views )

GekigangerV
1019th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 10:23:post reply

Link Here

I never downloaded movies anyways, but I did use the site to download WWE Raws and Smackdowns since I never had time to watch them when they were on as well as old TV shows that aren't on DVD yet. Oh well, I guess I will just have to take the time to set my VCR to record now and wait for a DVD set of the 90s X-Men cartoon.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Tue 21 Dec 10:23]

Replies:

sabo10
1047th Post

"Re(1):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 11:19post reply

http://bi-torrent.com/

Juke Joint Jezebel
3237th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 12:17post reply

wtf

i was wondering why it wasn't working. first time i visited the place in months and it gave me a connection refused error

i was looking for the last episode of the Apprentice i wanted to see how they handled the final tasks, but i guess i'll never see what happens now. #tvtorrents @ EFnet went down too. or their home page did, at least. they might be laying low since the bittorrent witch hunt's getting hot

Burning Ranger
990th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 14:55post reply

quote:
Link Here

I never downloaded movies anyways, but I did use the site to download WWE Raws and Smackdowns since I never had time to watch them when they were on as well as old TV shows that aren't on DVD yet. Oh well, I guess I will just have to take the time to set my VCR to record now and wait for a DVD set of the 90s X-Men cartoon.

I used Suprnova a few times to get some stuff, mainly TV shows I just couldn't record. But when you think about it, it was only a matter of time. In fact, I was maybe thinking action would have occured sooner, given how well Bittorrent works with trading movies, games, software, music, etc.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

HAYATO
140th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 18:42post reply

The only disadvantage BT has is the needing of websites to announce the torrents. You know, eMule and all those P2P programs have their own listing methods, you just need to download them and make a search, although they are much slower than BT.

The matter is, now that both sharing methods are being hunted down, what's going to be the next step? Going against DC++? Or they even attempt to finish IRC?

sabo10
1048th Post

"Re(3):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 18:47post reply

It'd be nice if someone with a lot of money and time and disrespect for intellectual property law would get some server space in Kazakhstan, or one of those other backwater countries where there is little Jurisdiction over copyright law, and just put up the ultimate, permanent, all-encompassing Bittorrent site.

HAYATO
142th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 19:16post reply

quote:
It'd be nice if someone with a lot of money and time and disrespect for intellectual property law would get some server space in Kazakhstan, or one of those other backwater countries where there is little Jurisdiction over copyright law, and just put up the ultimate, permanent, all-encompassing Bittorrent site.

Yeah, that should be great. This would give a lesson to all those greedy and capitalist entertainment corporations that want to suck us dry...

Iggy
5224th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 20:07post reply

Speaking of illegality... Is #l33T raws dead as well?
It's Genshiken day, goddamnit !

DarkZero
1014th Post

"Re(4):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 20:59post reply

quote:

The Pirate's Bay is run in Sweden and actually has a page devoted to all of the organizations which have tried to shut them down, including ADV Films and Sega. After they receive the e-mails, they respond with a very rude e-mail informing the company that Sweden does not have those kinds of copyright laws, and then posts the whole thing on their website. One of the best ones (I believe it was the Sega one) involved the company e-mailing them back and informing that they could get a judgement against them in the UK, where The Pirate's Bay is considered illegal, and then force the ruling upon them. Pirate's Bay e-mailed them back and told them that they hope that Sega isn't sued by someone in a country where websites are illegal, because obviously they would lose that case.

On the one hand, most infringements of copyright are generally wrong, and while we all do it, we shouldn't be proud of it. On the other hand, some of their responses are pretty damned funny.

GekigangerV
1020th Post

"Re(6):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Tue 21 Dec 23:16post reply

quote:
Speaking of illegality... Is #l33T raws dead as well?
It's Genshiken day, goddamnit !

http://tokyotosho.com/index.php?cat=7

there is a torrent of it right there.

tenguman
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Suprnova is shut down" , posted Wed 22 Dec 03:43post reply

We're all doomed

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」