DC Animation thread - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (5103 Views )

ZamIAm
1472th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"DC Animation thread" , posted Mon 20 Dec 08:47post reply

Haven't started a thread about Teen Titans and Justice League in a while. Anyways, JL:Starcrossed got nominated by the Writers Guild of America for oustanding acheivement in animation.

-The Batman is still a mixed bag. The things the show does well (flashbacks to Bruce's past, visual effects, fight choreography, some of the villain redesigns) are burdened by some of the crappy things (corny dialouge, a few weak plots, blatant toy advertisement, some of the villain redesigns). It seems like the show is borderline screwed by being in the shadow of Batman: The Animated Series but hopefully things will do better. A few of the episodes show hope though.

-Teen Titans hit an all time weird with "Can I Keep Him" but put up an awesome showing with "Haunted". Seriously, Haunted is one of the best episodes for ANY animated show.

-JLU is consistantly getting better. "Ultimatum" was nice progress for the JLU vs. government plot and "Darkheart" was pretty cool. However, "Wake The Dead"...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
...simply owned. Vixen got her props, Hawkgirl made her return in top form, Amazo was clevery written out of the episode (transport light years away to find a solution? brilliant), and Solomon Grundy delivered some major beatdown. Nth metal got mentioned (I always wondered why the heck Hawkgirl was on the team, other than the obvious need for another female) and Vixen's powers and occupation were shown tactfully.

End of Spoiler

Can't wait for Roulette and Black Canary (and a number of B-grade heroes) to show up in "The Cat And The Canary".

Why sling mud when you can sling explosives?

Replies:

Cain Highwind
485th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):DC Animation thread" , posted Mon 20 Dec 11:15post reply

quote:

Seriously, Haunted is one of the best episodes for ANY animated show.

Agreed, definetely. The key thing was, IMO, Ron Perlman's (Slade) and Scott Menville's (Robin) performances for that episode. The way they did Raven's telepathy was also awesome.

quote:
-JLU is consistantly getting better. "Ultimatum" was nice progress for the JLU vs. government plot and "Darkheart" was pretty cool.

I somehow missed "Ultimatum" And a few here and there from the last season which really annoys me, because I was rather clueless from the whole Hawkgirl/Grundy thing. but I did catch "Wake the Dead" and thought it was awesome (new altered intro was good too, they dropped the whole "Today in this episode...") Are there supposed to be any new episodes coming up soon, because the IMDB currently says no..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275137/guests

But then I noticed "The Once and Future Thing was supposed to air sometime in November but now it's going to air in June?

Freeter
4258th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):DC Animation thread" , posted Mon 20 Dec 12:38post reply

Is TT still in rerun phase?

ZamIAm
1473th Post

"Re(2):DC Animation thread" , posted Mon 20 Dec 12:54post reply

quote:
Are there supposed to be any new episodes coming up soon, because the IMDB currently says no..

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0275137/guests

But then I noticed "The Once and Future Thing was supposed to air sometime in November but now it's going to air in June?

Due to production problems, TOAFT has become the JLU season 2 opener while The Cat and the Canary and another episode were shifted to be the end of this season since they are already complete and don't interfere with TOAFT chronologically. Parts of Cat/Canary were shown during the end credits for Wake the Dead. I know that it was partially written by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, an excellent DC comic) and will have Black Canary, The Question, Wildcat, Huntress, and Green Arrow. Seeing Roulette in the credits clues me in that this is probably based off of JSA: Fair Play.

quote:
Is TT still in rerun phase?

Yes. In January they'll start back with Bunny Raven and the Titans East season 3 two part finale and then they'll immediately go into season 4.

"Come with it then!"

Burning Ranger
991th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):DC Animation thread" , posted Tue 21 Dec 15:13post reply

I just want to know when Captain Marvel (SHAZAM!) will show up in JLU. I hear there are plans for him.

Also, will they find a way to fit in Hal Jordan. To my knowledge, the Animates Series storyline has Rayner as the first and Stewart as the second (and current) Earth GL. Maybe have him start off as being Parallax?

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"In the brightest day in the darkest night..."

Dr Baghead
3304th Post

"Re(1):DC Animation thread" , posted Tue 21 Dec 16:04post reply

quote:
-The Batman is still a mixed bag. The things the show does well (flashbacks to Bruce's past, visual effects, fight choreography, some of the villain redesigns) are burdened by some of the crappy things (corny dialouge, a few weak plots, blatant toy advertisement, some of the villain redesigns). It seems like the show is borderline screwed by being in the shadow of Batman: The Animated Series but hopefully things will do better. A few of the episodes show hope though.

I really like the Batman... I'm not expecting it to be like the old animated series (which in all fairness I think is a little over rated, it's good, but it had as many flaws as 'the Batman') it's aimed for "today's kids" which means it's just supposed to fast paced and exiciting, which it certainly is.

I missed the Firefly and Cluemaster Episodes, so as far as I know the only thing I dislike is the origin change for Mr.Freeze, reverting him back to an ice themed thug and stealing the soul Dini/Bruce's series gave him.

quote:
-Teen Titans hit an all time weird with "Can I Keep Him" but put up an awesome showing with "Haunted". Seriously, Haunted is one of the best episodes for ANY animated show.

I missed "can I keep him", but Haunted was great... if nothing else it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that's Grayson we're watching and not Todd or Drake.

quote:
-JLU is consistantly getting better. "Ultimatum" was nice progress for the JLU vs. government plot and "Darkheart" was pretty cool. However, "Wake The Dead"...

Can't wait for Roulette and Black Canary (and a number of B-grade heroes) to show up in "The Cat And The Canary".

You say "better" I say "worse"

JL season 2 got things right, it used all 7 characters in stories that were exciting and fun... JL season 1 and JLU seem to use the logic showing an obscure character reference is a good replacement for plot substance

Also why didn't they just use the real Super Friends? I mean "LongShadow" and "WindDragon" are only slightly less racist names then "Apache Chief" and "Samurai" for the characters (why not call them something like "Growth Spurt" and "Mr.Tornado"? If they were WHITE they would have been given names like that) so it couldn't have been political correctness... and if everything on Adult Swim can use the Super Friends couldn't a few string being pulled at CN's head office let JLU do the same?

I assume they just changed them because "they suck" which if true raises the question "if they suck, why base a whole show around character who basically are Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Vulcan, and the Wonder Twins?"

[insert link to Seanbaby's Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Samurai, and WonderTwins pages here]

yeah it's not funny

ZamIAm
1475th Post

"Re(2):DC Animation thread" , posted Tue 21 Dec 23:54post reply

quote:
I missed the Firefly and Cluemaster Episodes, so as far as I know the only thing I dislike is the origin change for Mr.Freeze, reverting him back to an ice themed thug and stealing the soul Dini/Bruce's series gave him.

I hate the change of Mr Freeze also but I like some of the others. Cluemaster was a little meh in my opinion (though it was funny seeing Batman get assaulted by an army of midgets...) but the Firefly show is one of the best. Great visual effects, nice connection between Bruce Wayne/Waynetech and Batman's crimefighting, and Adam West is the mayor. Batman even pulls a Geese Howard in the final fight scene.

quote:
You say "better" I say "worse"

JL season 2 got things right, it used all 7 characters in stories that were exciting and fun... JL season 1 and JLU seem to use the logic showing an obscure character reference is a good replacement for plot substance

Also why didn't they just use the real Super Friends? I mean "LongShadow" and "WindDragon" are only slightly less racist names then "Apache Chief" and "Samurai" for the characters (why not call them something like "Growth Spurt" and "Mr.Tornado"? If they were WHITE they would have been given names like that) so it couldn't have been political correctness... and if everything on Adult Swim can use the Super Friends couldn't a few string being pulled at CN's head office let JLU do the same?

I assume they just changed them because "they suck" which if true raises the question "if they suck, why base a whole show around character who basically are Apache Chief, Samurai, Black Vulcan, and the Wonder Twins?"

No clue on why the names were changed and though I liked them, I was a little peeved that they didn't use the REAL Black Lightning and they didn't use Manitou Raven from the comics. Granted, that wouldn't have worked with the story. They also had legal trouble with some of the names. I'm wondering where the JLU vs. government arc is going to lead. I wonder if that means Faith will show up. I'm curious to what your opinion is on Wake the Dead.

And I wish Cartoon Network would start airing more reruns of season 1 and 2 of Justice League.

"Come with it then!"

Dr Baghead
3305th Post

"Re(3):DC Animation thread" , posted Wed 22 Dec 07:32post reply

quote:
I'm wondering where the JLU vs. government arc is going to lead.

I am too... that's been the saving grace of JLU in my opinion.

I wish a little more focus was put on it though.

quote:
I'm curious to what your opinion is on Wake the Dead.

I missed it -__- and I was REALLY looking forward to it too since Grundy's one of my favorite characters.

yeah it's not funny

ZamIAm
1481th Post

"Re(4):DC Animation thread" , posted Sun 26 Dec 13:15post reply

quote:
I'm curious to what your opinion is on Wake the Dead.

I missed it -__- and I was REALLY looking forward to it too since Grundy's one of my favorite characters.

Tomorrow (sunday) at 5 it reruns.

"Come with it then!"

Krzyzewski Man
1004th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):DC Animation thread" , posted Sun 26 Dec 13:23post reply

Can I get the spoilers for Haunted? And what's the Dr. Fate/Hawkman/etc team been doing?

Krzyzewski Man:
Lowering the tone since 1985.

Sano
1346th Post

"Re(2):DC Animation thread" , posted Thu 30 Dec 05:37:post reply

My 2 cents.

Teen Titans - I love everything about the show. Top Tier.

The New Batman - It's for kids, but I'd rather it start out being for kids then just be a show that becomes for kids later on like Batman The Animated Series did. It's a cool show, I loved the Scarface edisode where he became a robot and put the ventriliquist on his lap! My only complaint is they need to get just a bit smarter with this show. All someone needs to do is look out the window and see Bruce Wayne get in the Batmobile (which he does in almost every episode) to figure out his secret identity. DUMB. Anyway, I've always been a big Matsuda fan. A good show, not the best.

Justice League Unlimited - BOOOO! The show was fine the way it was with seven JLAers and one hour episodes. Now they've got, what, 40 members or so, half of them we'll never get to know and for christs sake they don't even tell you the names of half of them. They had an episode where The Question was a main character and they didn't even tell us his name! YO, WB! NOT ALL OF US ARE DC HEADS GOSH DARN IT!!!! In the first episode, Bats and Supes made it seem like if you weren't with the JLA, you were a nobody. Well, WHERE THE HELL IS NIGHTWING! EVEN THE CREEPER IS THERE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!! And that Batman singing episode was the worst episode of all time. STILL, when Justice League first started I hated it, but in season 2 the show got a lot better. If it was still the same as Justice League I'd rank this show higher then Teen Titans. And JLU gets props for Grundy killing a little boy, even if it was off camera. So, JLU is a good show, I'm just hating 'cuz I wish they would of just kept it the same.

Static Shock - Yet another season this will be a mid season replacement? Curse you WB. Stop treating my man Static like an unwanted stepchild! And while your at it, bring back The Zeta Project!

Anyway, according to Wizard, here's what's gonna happen on these shows.

Teen Titans - They're going to be dealing with Raven and her dad a lot, so there will be some super natural stuff going on. As for Slade's return, they hint that, well, there's going to be some super natural stuff going on. Not that they need it since in the comics Slade is darn near immortal and all.

Batman - They say there's going to be a big betrayal shocker in the show.

JLU - Is going to continue the whole conspiracy deal going on. They also hint Shazzam might stop by.

[this message was edited by Sano on Thu 30 Dec 05:43]

Hungrywolf
2974th Post

"Re(3):DC Animation thread" , posted Thu 30 Dec 06:04post reply

quote:

JLU - Is going to continue the whole conspiracy deal going on. They also hint Shazzam might stop by.

Do you mean Shazam? And by Shazam do you mean Captain Marvel?

Hungry Like the Wolf

Sano
1347th Post

"Re(4):DC Animation thread" , posted Thu 30 Dec 06:08post reply

quote:

Yeah, that guy. Like I said, I'm not a DC head, oooh... Identity Crisis was great though. Pretty shocked how it ended.

ZamIAm
1482th Post

"Static Problems" , posted Thu 30 Dec 13:21post reply

quote:
Static Shock - Yet another season this will be a mid season replacement? Curse you WB. Stop treating my man Static like an unwanted stepchild!

Static has no merchandise so they can't afford to make more episodes. Unless a miracle donation happens, the series has officially ended. They WANT to make more but since everyone refuses to accept the license (neither Mattel or DC Direct will make action figures for it) so its astounding ratings have been little more than a moot point. I got this straight from Dwayne McDuffie, Static's creator.

"Come with it then!"

Burning Ranger
998th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):DC Animation thread" , posted Thu 30 Dec 13:50post reply

quote:

Yeah... the *original* Captain Marvel-- though with the trademark issues Marvel Comic's Capt. Marvel, who knows what to call him now?

Did anyone see in Alex Ross's Mythology book the sketches for Capt. Marvel's appearence in Superman TAS? Looked neat IMO.

Sano
1350th Post

"Re(1):Static Problems" , posted Thu 30 Dec 23:48post reply

No more Static Shock episodes? That sucks. It was a good series, gosh darnit!

ZamIAm
1486th Post

"stuff" , posted Thu 6 Jan 12:05post reply

-The Once And Future Thing will air later this month (and thus the other episodes stay in season 4).

-I discovered that The Question had an opening that got edited out so perhaps this is when they spoke his name.

"Come with it then!"

threesixtee
827th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Static Problems" , posted Fri 7 Jan 01:15post reply

quote:
Static Shock - Yet another season this will be a mid season replacement? Curse you WB. Stop treating my man Static like an unwanted stepchild!

its an ok show, but honestly, I only watched it for the crossover episodes (which there seemed to be a whole bunch of). like a bunch of you, I'm not a DC-head either, so is static a big part of the DCU? it seemed to me like he was a re-tooled and hipper "black vulcan" from the old superfriends.

I thought the hubbub about "once and future thing" being the season 4 opener, instead of closer for 3 was only in canada or something? I forget, I read it at tvtome. I'll admit JLU hasn't reached the awesomeness of season 1 or 2 (a better world and legends still own everything), it has been FUN. granted, fun isn't where I'd like the show to go but, batman singing, the booster gold episode, and the superfriends nod made me laugh - same with batman in dark heart: "I'll need some arial support... because I can't fly... at all."

before season 2 ended, you know what I was really looking forward to? a tower of babel scenario. after the episode where the league was taken over by the snake-people, that totally setup the premise of knowing everyone's weakness and having protocols set and whatnot. using hawkgirl in this scenario was still good, but if they made it like tower, they could have brought back talia and r'azz.

ZamIAm
1487th Post

"mr 360" , posted Fri 7 Jan 09:32post reply

www.dwaynemcduffie.com

"Come with it then!"

Krzyzewski Man
1017th Post

"Re(2):Static Problems" , posted Sat 8 Jan 05:01post reply

quote:
its an ok show, but honestly, I only watched it for the crossover episodes (which there seemed to be a whole bunch of). like a bunch of you, I'm not a DC-head either, so is static a big part of the DCU? it seemed to me like he was a re-tooled and hipper "black vulcan" from the old superfriends.

I think Static was a hero from the now-defunct comic line of Milestone comics, which was pretty much the first African American comic line, and it was independent of the DCU. (Although since DC was the publisher, they eventually had a big 'ol crossover. Hell, I'm white as Bob Barker, but I'd still like to see Milestone make a comeback. The comics, from what I've read, were yards ahead of the series (if only because they didn't have to be PC as often).

Krzyzewski Man:
Lowering the tone since 1985.

ZamIAm
1488th Post

"Re(3):Static Problems" , posted Sat 8 Jan 07:39post reply

quote:
I think Static was a hero from the now-defunct comic line of Milestone comics, which was pretty much the first African American comic line, and it was independent of the DCU. (Although since DC was the publisher, they eventually had a big 'ol crossover. Hell, I'm white as Bob Barker, but I'd still like to see Milestone make a comeback. The comics, from what I've read, were yards ahead of the series (if only because they didn't have to be PC as often).

Yeah, Static's from Milestone (which was big on being "multi ethnic" since though it had a number of black characters, it had a number of other races) though the show seemed to make a point of integrating him into DCAU. In fact, his older self from the future will be in the second half of the JLU episode, "The Once And Future Thing" later this month. CN will be showing a Static Shock marathon on MLK day.

"Come with it then!"

threesixtee
830th Post

"Re(4):Static Problems" , posted Sat 8 Jan 08:04post reply

quote:
In fact, his older self from the future will be in the second half of the JLU episode, "The Once And Future Thing" later this month. CN will be showing a Static Shock marathon on MLK day.

the batman beyond/static crossover was one of my favorite SS eps. seeing how badass virgil grew up to be was pretty cool. and all the fans who complained about BB getting canned (myself included) are totally hyped for another mcguiness crossover. is GL gonna be in "once and future thing"? phil lamarr is an awesome voice actor and all, but his john stewart and grown-up static sound exactly alike.

OT: why hasn't flash been in JLU? he's appeared, but never spoken. too busy being smallville lex luthor?

ZamIAm
1489th Post

"Re(5):Static Problems" , posted Sat 8 Jan 10:45post reply

quote:

the batman beyond/static crossover was one of my favorite SS eps. seeing how badass virgil grew up to be was pretty cool. and all the fans who complained about BB getting canned (myself included) are totally hyped for another mcguiness crossover. is GL gonna be in "once and future thing"? phil lamarr is an awesome voice actor and all, but his john stewart and grown-up static sound exactly alike.

Yep, it'll be GL, Bats, and WW time traveling.

quote:

OT: why hasn't flash been in JLU? he's appeared, but never spoken. too busy being smallville lex luthor?

To my understanding. He's supposed to be in the second episode of next season if I'm correct.

"Come with it then!"

Cain Highwind
491th Post

Gold Customer

"Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sat 8 Jan 11:17post reply

In one of the SS/Batman crossover episodes when Static asked "Where's Robin?" and Batman replied "With the Titans" and "You'll meet them someday", I always thought this was hint of a possible crossover episode. Anyoen know if that's happening anytime soon?

Dr Baghead
3324th Post

"Re(1):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sat 8 Jan 11:57post reply

quote:
In one of the SS/Batman crossover episodes when Static asked "Where's Robin?" and Batman replied "With the Titans" and "You'll meet them someday", I always thought this was hint of a possible crossover episode. Anyoen know if that's happening anytime soon?

Maybe they hoped everyone would forget it since the line makes no logical sense... since it's perfectly clear Robin in Titans is Grayson but it's even clearer Robin in The New Batman Adventures/JLU's time is Tim Drake.

Having Static cross over with the JLU and making it appear he does infact live in there world, but also crossover with the Titans as they are on TV, WOULD DESTORY THE UNIVERSE WITH A PARADOX SO GREAT I CAN'T STOP TALKING IN ALL CAPS WHILE MENTIONING IT!!!!

yeah it's not funny

ZamIAm
1490th Post

"Re(2):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sat 8 Jan 12:58post reply

quote:

Maybe they hoped everyone would forget it since the line makes no logical sense... since it's perfectly clear Robin in Titans is Grayson but it's even clearer Robin in The New Batman Adventures/JLU's time is Tim Drake.

Having Static cross over with the JLU and making it appear he does infact live in there world, but also crossover with the Titans as they are on TV, WOULD DESTORY THE UNIVERSE WITH A PARADOX SO GREAT I CAN'T STOP TALKING IN ALL CAPS WHILE MENTIONING IT!!!!

I found out that they wanted to do it but it was dropped because at that stage in planning, TT hadn't even started airing yet. By the time things would have been in better position, Static was getting the axe. The easy way to handle the continuity problems would be to drop Robin in favor of Speedy and/or have it as a dream and thus not truly happen.

"Come with it then!"

Sano
1366th Post

"Re(3):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sat 8 Jan 13:54:post reply

Tim Drake Robin being in the Titans still could happen. He was a Teen Titan in the comic, and the five members of the Teen Titans in the cartoon played supervisor roles or whatever. And in the Static episode, you'll note Batman said 'Titans' not Teen Titans. He could just as easily be a member of a team called Titans that has teens and older heroes like Nightwing, grown up Starfire, and such.

Of course, all this would have to take place before Joker mind rapes him in the Batman Beyond Movie, and everything so far reinforces that Batman Beyond's future will happen. From a Static future episode, to the Batwoman Movie confirming Bats screwed Barbara to Bats being a reserve JLA member as was stated in Batman Beyond.

But yeah, I don't think they'll go out of there way to make Static continuity work.

Thus far Dick Grayson has had 2 appearances in Justice League. Once in Superman's funeral, another one in the "If we lost World War II" episode alternate reality where he was making out with Barbara Gordon. Apparently, this is what it takes to get these two back together...

Ah well. Since Batman Beyond never showed an older Dick Grayson, in 'Sano reality' he marries Starfire. They threw a hint at them possibly getting married in the future at the end of the Starfire marriage episode. ~_^

But yeah, I DEFINITLY want ot see Nightwing in JLU. If not a member than a guest star.

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 8 Jan 13:57]

Dr Baghead
3325th Post

"Re(4):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sat 8 Jan 14:47post reply

quote:
Tim Drake Robin being in the Titans still could happen. He was a Teen Titan in the comic, and the five members of the Teen Titans in the cartoon played supervisor roles or whatever. And in the Static episode, you'll note Batman said 'Titans' not Teen Titans. He could just as easily be a member of a team called Titans that has teens and older heroes like Nightwing, grown up Starfire, and such.

Yes, but do you also notice in the Teen Titans cartoon, lead by the young Dick Grayson, they tend to refer to themselves as 'the Titans' not 'the TEEN Titans'? Sure occationally they're refered to as such by Slade, but one could argue that's him vaguely insulting his nemisises by referring to youth/inexperinence as rarely if ever do they ever call themselves 'Teens'

Batman probably called them 'the Titans' out of respect, if he holds them in the same reguard he does the Justice League he wouldn't feel the name to mention their age in conversation... maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to me "Teen Titans" was just the title of the comics/show to let people know it was about young heroes while the group itself was just "the Titans", much like Static himself is just called "Static" despite being on a show called "Static Shock"

Plus one SHOULD assume if Static met the Titans he would met their current cartoon selves... since wouldn't it confuse kids why "Robin" is still a kid but BeastBoy is now in his late teens and Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg are adults and on top of that "Nightwing" is there too? Just half an hour ago they were all 14, now they're in their mid-20's?! Sure to someone who follows the DCU or gives half a crap about continuity that's the only way to make it work, but believe it or not that's not the target audience of a Saturday morning cartoon.

Static would probably have just met the TV versions of the Titans as they appear now since that's what kids would except, otherwise why not cross him over with Suicide Squad or Doom Patrol or the Outsiders or other non-animated DC heroes as well OOOOH! Timezone could take him back to Victorian England and he could met the LXG, that's be a fucking excellent crossover!!! it wouldn't have made sense in the JLU/TT cannon for such a crossover to happen, but in Static's world it could have worked... and much like one assumes "the Batman", "Dini/Bruce Batman", and "Unseen Batamn in TT" are the same person as he exist in 3 "different Universe", the Static in "Once and Future Thing" would just have to be assumed to be a Static who lives in a cannon JLU universe and never met the TT as they appear on TV (so I guess, since such a crossover never did happen, he'd be the one from his show!)

quote:
Of course, all this would have to take place before Joker mind rapes him in the Batman Beyond Movie, and everything so far reinforces that Batman Beyond's future will happen. From a Static future episode, to the Batwoman Movie confirming Bats screwed Barbara to Bats being a reserve JLA member as was stated in Batman Beyond.

But yeah, I don't think they'll go out of there way to make Static continuity work.

all of those events are dependant on BATMAN's universe, relying on things only mentioned by people who write cannon Batman cartoons and direct-to-video movies... the events of Static world do not nessessarily reflect the events of Batman's world...

If Static is in "Once and Future Thing", I guess we can assume his show is "cannon" since he never met the current TV Titans. However, should new episodes of Static get made amd he does met them, all one would have to do is assume the Static on JLU was "Static-2" who had similar but not nessessarily the same life experiences and the one we've been watching on Saturdays is "Static-1" and it's all cool (until "Crisis on Infintiy Animated Earth" happens where TT/the Batman/JLU and it's extended Family/Duck Dodgers because of it's small GL cameo/ Static Shock all have to get forced into the same cannon)

quote:
Thus far Dick Grayson has had 2 appearances in Justice League. Once in Superman's funeral, another one in the "If we lost World War II" episode alternate reality where he was making out with Barbara Gordon. Apparently, this is what it takes to get these two back together...

Ah well. Since Batman Beyond never showed an older Dick Grayson, in 'Sano reality' he marries Starfire. They threw a hint at them possibly getting married in the future at the end of the Starfire marriage episode. ~_^

That's assuming TT is in JLU's cannon though (just saying that to be a geek, frankly I would find it preferable if he was living happily married on Tamarian with Starfire then to him just disappearing as JLU/BB seem to imply)

quote:
But yeah, I DEFINITLY want ot see Nightwing in JLU. If not a member than a guest star.

Belly Shirt sidekick rule prevents his entry in the league. (That must be an offical League rule!!! why else has only Supergirl and Huntress shown up)

yeah it's not funny

threesixtee
832th Post

"Re(5):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sun 9 Jan 00:21post reply

I am SO confused right now.

static has crossed over with the league, I think they fought braniac or something... static crossed over with GL (really good ep) and fought sinestro, so with THOSE two eps, everything works out, no questions asked. but when you bring in the batman/robin crossover, everything is thrown out of whack right? same goes with the batman: mystery of tbe batwoman deal with drake growing up to be robin despite the mind-rape he gets in the BB universe - ignore that and everything's peachy...

/info overload

Sano
1366th Post

"Re(6):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sun 9 Jan 02:40post reply

DR. Baghead - At one point the Teen Titans were called just Titans, which is why I say what I say. But you bring up an excellent point about the Titans themselves in the cartoon calling themselves the Titans. Still, whose to say Tim didn't join up a newer incarnation of the Titans? With Static canceled we'll never know.

Tim growing up to be a teen happens in Static, but that show also reinforces his mind rape will happen. Him being drawn to look just a bit bigger can easily be an artistic thing, much like the three versions of Joker out there they can't seem to agree upon, but it looks like they are sticking with the new Joker version who looks like the old Joker rendition only more simplified, and Gambit Joker is gone. In The Batwoman Movie, Tim in the Movie's bio is only 13 if I remember right.

Murakami once said in an old interview that "All the WB cartoons are related. Sometimes I don't understand exactly how but when others explain it to me it makes sense." There would be no point in keeping the mystery of who is Robin if it had nothing to do with the other shows. And when Robin mentioned to Slade "I have a father" they played the music from guess where? Batman TAS.

As far as Static goes I'm not sure. Dr. Baghead once said that there was an interview where suits said, "Static is a kids show, it's not connected to the other shows. People can guest star in Static but Static will never appear in other shows." This contradicts what Murakami said, but apparently from his response Murakami didn't have all the answers.

Don't worry if you're confused, I think we all are...

Heh heh. I'm suprised no one has come out to say, "IT'S JUST A CARTOON!!!!!!!"

Dr Baghead
3329th Post

"Re(7):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sun 9 Jan 06:08post reply

quote:
Murakami once said in an old interview that "All the WB cartoons are related. Sometimes I don't understand exactly how but when others explain it to me it makes sense." There would be no point in keeping the mystery of who is Robin if it had nothing to do with the other shows.

When does that quote date from though?

if it's from Justice League or before, it's possible it's just meant to say all of the Dini/Bruce shows are one universe... because I remember on other boards there being a debate as to if Batman Beyond was the 100% defacto future of animated Batman or just a "what if" storyline, it's possible if asked about that enough or if Justice League would be a continuation of Superman/TNBA they made an offical quote about it.

that statement can't 100% true anymore... Dini/Bruce worked on Duck Dodgers and Daffy (or Dodgers, whatever) met Sinestro, Kilowog, and in the backround was clearly John Stewart, Kyle Rayner, and a few others who have been on JL/JLU, but this isn't cannon despite being a WB/DC cartoon, especially since we know JS at least isn't going to live into the 24th and a half century (unless a GL ring is like 'the one ring' and grants unusually long life) and the Batman has been confirmed as not a prequel to the JLU universe.

But I guess the point is moot anyway, since Static never met the Titans in any form it doesn't create a paradox or turn the TT into a 'prequel' series offical or anything. Maybe Static's cancelation was part of a vast conspiracy since anyone remotely involved with the DCAU didn't want to deal with nerds at ComicCon asking "why is it Static met TT Robin when before he had been interacting with TNAS Robin? Do you take us for morons?!" or "So did you retcon Tim Drake's origin to be like Dick Grayson's for TT?! Since Static only knows Tim Drake yet he met a Robin who's parents died in a circus accident"

...pffff Static should have done more non-cannon crossovers, I would have liked to see him on Mucha Lucha or Jackie Chan Adventures.

(also about the theme music for Robin when he says "I already have a father"... the Batman animated theme music is pretty close to, if not the same as, the Batman movie theme music, so it's possible the TT music was just an homage to that sort of theme as at the time it's the only kind of theme music Batman had... plus the Batman didn't exist so the only other music say "he's talking about Batman" is the 'nanananananananananananananananana' song which wouldn't fit the mood as well as the 'dun dun dun DUUUUN dun'song... and even if 'the Batman' had exist, it's theme ain't no good so it's better to use the animated/movie style theme.)

yeah it's not funny

Sano
1367th Post

"Re(8):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Sun 9 Jan 07:40post reply

Oh, the Murakami quote of course meant WB/DC cartoons just to stress that. No Duck Dodgers or at least it wouldn't count since it's not a DC Cartoon, but actually, Duck Dodgers GL doesn't contradict anything since they use Hal Jordan and not Jon or Reiner except that Hal Jordan's name was written on an Airplane in GL's first appearance in Superman and Sano just won the geek of the week award with this statement! LOL!

Seriously, he said the quote when Teen Titans first started, so Justice League was still on the air. If it's still true, I don't know.

Well, it makes for a fun debate anyways. And I guess some good came out of Static Cancellation to avoid a Paradox of sorts.

ZamIAm
1491th Post

"Re(6):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Tue 11 Jan 00:39post reply

quote:
I am SO confused right now.

static has crossed over with the league, I think they fought braniac or something... static crossed over with GL (really good ep) and fought sinestro, so with THOSE two eps, everything works out, no questions asked. but when you bring in the batman/robin crossover, everything is thrown out of whack right? same goes with the batman: mystery of tbe batwoman deal with drake growing up to be robin despite the mind-rape he gets in the BB universe - ignore that and everything's peachy...

/info overload

Don't worry about it too much. Though the crossovers were great (Brainiac actually managed an "All of your base..." comment) I think alot of the "message" episodes (gun control, racism, his mother's death) were far better.

"Come with it then!"

ZamIAm
1492th Post

"Re(3):DC Animation thread" , posted Tue 11 Jan 00:41post reply

quote:
Batman - They say there's going to be a big betrayal shocker in the show.

I'm wondering if it will be the cheif. He's shown up very little but if it is him then it would pave the way for commissioner Gordon.

"Come with it then!"

threesixtee
833th Post

"Re(7):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Tue 11 Jan 02:47post reply

quote:
I think alot of the "message" episodes (gun control, racism, his mother's death) were far better.

when I think about it, I guess I started watching the show for DCU crossovers, but kept watching because it was a great show (sans lil' romeo, backstreet boy, and shaquille o'neal cameos).

the timetravel/mother's death episode of SS is the best episode of SS ever. that is all.

Sano
1368th Post

"Re(4):DC Animation thread" , posted Tue 11 Jan 10:12post reply

They've already started in on the Super Natural stuff too on Teen Titans just like Wizard said. It was that Blue Magician guy using real magic. I love it when they have beyond strange episodes like that!

Cain Highwind
493th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):DC Animation thread" , posted Tue 11 Jan 10:22post reply

quote:
They've already started in on the Super Natural stuff too on Teen Titans just like Wizard said. It was that Blue Magician guy using real magic. I love it when they have beyond strange episodes like that!

That episode was great. Though I couldn't help but think about SvC Chaos when they turned into animals though, made me think about what their MB's and Demon transformations would be, but anyway, I'd have to agree, the real quirky episodesa like this one are funny to watch.

Burning Ranger
1004th Post

"Re(6):DC Animation thread" , posted Tue 11 Jan 23:49post reply

quote:
That episode was great. Though I couldn't help but think about SvC Chaos when they turned into animals though, made me think about what their MB's and Demon transformations would be, but anyway, I'd have to agree, the real quirky episodesa like this one are funny to watch.

Would Robin turn into Dark Knight Returns Robin, or Tim Drake's Girlfriend Robin?

Hungrywolf
2978th Post

"Re(7):DC Animation thread" , posted Wed 12 Jan 03:00post reply

quote:

Would Robin turn into Dark Knight Returns Robin, or Tim Drake's Girlfriend Robin?

Hopefully Stephanie Brown Robin, because she looks better than DKR Robin. But it would probably depend on the Robin. If it was Tim Drake, he'd probably turn into Stephanie (their costumes are almost the same, except Stephanie has a skirt). If it was Dick or Jason, they'd probably turn into DKR Robin (their costumes are the same). I can't believe I answered this question. What have I become...

Hungry Like the Wolf

Dr Baghead
3332th Post

"Re(8):DC Animation thread" , posted Wed 12 Jan 04:23post reply

quote:

Hopefully Stephanie Brown Robin, because she looks better than DKR Robin. But it would probably depend on the Robin. If it was Tim Drake, he'd probably turn into Stephanie (their costumes are almost the same, except Stephanie has a skirt). If it was Dick or Jason, they'd probably turn into DKR Robin (their costumes are the same). I can't believe I answered this question. What have I become...

Actually wouldn't Tim Drake turn into that girl Robin (with the 'ninja mask' and the blonde ponytail) from "A World Without Young Justice"?

yeah it's not funny

Sano
1370th Post

"Re(9):DC Animation thread" , posted Wed 12 Jan 06:17:post reply

All I know is, SVC Chaos Athena's Animal Transformations wouldn't work on Beast Boy, she better turn his Ass into a Lamp, LOL!

[this message was edited by Sano on Wed 12 Jan 06:19]

Dr Baghead
3334th Post

"Re(10):DC Animation thread" , posted Wed 12 Jan 08:00post reply

quote:
All I know is, SVC Chaos Athena's Animal Transformations wouldn't work on Beast Boy, she better turn his Ass into a Lamp, LOL!

Maybe Red Arrmer (or however you spell it) should take note and turn Dan into a sofa next time instead of a 'demon'

yeah it's not funny

Dr Baghead
3336th Post

"Re(7):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Wed 12 Jan 17:58post reply

quote:
Don't worry about it too much. Though the crossovers were great (Brainiac actually managed an "All of your base..." comment) I think alot of the "message" episodes (gun control, racism, his mother's death) were far better.

But the bestest episode of Static Shock of all was the crossover WITH a message.

the Harley and Ivy episode was supposed to send the message: "People you met on the internet are not your friends" but to that they should have used Killer Croc or Clayface or Scarecrow or someone who poses a threat, the message it really sent was: "You know those two 'doctors' you were talking to on the internet, DUDE, they're actually totally hot lesbians with super powers!!"

(idiot commment aside, I have to agree the "message" episodes of Static Shock are better then the crossovers, the crossovers are little too forced and commerical where the message episodes showed the series had heart... too bad heart doesn't sell as many toys as Superman though)

yeah it's not funny

ZamIAm
1493th Post

"Interview" , posted Thu 13 Jan 00:47post reply

quote:
... too bad heart doesn't sell as many toys as Superman though

You got a point there.

BTW, http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/110529560721524.htm halfway down is an interview with Dwayne McDuffie on JLU. He mentions that Flash will get more air time next season and that the government plot will have greater impact. Most intriguing is the fact that some of the episodes already connect but in ways that won't be evident until later. I guess Initiation probably has the most connection.

"Come with it then!"

ZamIAm
1496th Post

"Titans East" , posted Sun 16 Jan 22:20post reply

Brother Blood if constantly improving his villain status and his "different but still cool"ness from Slade. Can't wait for next week though I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth.

"Come with it then!"

Dr Baghead
3342th Post

"Re(1):Titans East" , posted Mon 17 Jan 05:35:post reply

quote:
Brother Blood if constantly improving his villain status and his "different but still cool"ness from Slade. Can't wait for next week though I'm disappointed that we didn't get to see Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth.

Brother Blood sounds too much like Dracon for me to take him seriously... sure he acts nothing like Dracon and is a very good villian, but I couldn't watch yesterday's episode without thinking "Dude, you get beat up by a tiny little girl without robot arms, what business do you have challenging Cyborg"

Edit: Cyborg signing the personalized version of Teen Titans theme was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... I was pissed they didn't have him try and sing the whole theme over the opening graphics.

yeah it's not funny

[this message was edited by Dr Baghead on Mon 17 Jan 05:53]

Hungrywolf
2980th Post

"Re(2):Titans East" , posted Mon 17 Jan 07:26post reply

quote:

Brother Blood sounds too much like Dracon for me to take him seriously... sure he acts nothing like Dracon and is a very good villian, but I couldn't watch yesterday's episode without thinking "Dude, you get beat up by a tiny little girl without robot arms, what business do you have challenging Cyborg"

Edit: Cyborg signing the personalized version of Teen Titans theme was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time... I was pissed they didn't have him try and sing the whole theme over the opening graphics.

I liked the episode a lot. Cyborg was my least favorite titan in the cartoon when it first aired but I like him more and more (based on my reading the current run of Teen Titans). I have to say, I have been surprised that Brother Blood has been used in episodes and called "Brother Blood". I mean, they wouldn't call Slade "Deathstroke" because of the target audience but a guy has the word blood in his name and it's ok? I mean, I'm glad they call him Brother Blood in the cartoon, I just wish they'd called Slade Deathstroke. And you are right, Baghead, it would've been cool if Cyborg sang the whole theme.

Hungry Like the Wolf

GekigangerV
1043th Post

"Batman Season 2 DVD on Tuesday" , posted Sun 23 Jan 05:55post reply

Just using this thread to say that the second season of Batman the Animated Series is coming out next Tuesday and I think the second season of the Superman cartoon is also going to be coming out then as well.

Dr Baghead
3356th Post

"Re(3):Titans East" , posted Sun 23 Jan 14:57post reply

quote:
I have to say, I have been surprised that Brother Blood has been used in episodes and called "Brother Blood". I mean, they wouldn't call Slade "Deathstroke" because of the target audience but a guy has the word blood in his name and it's ok? I mean, I'm glad they call him Brother Blood in the cartoon, I just wish they'd called Slade Deathstroke.

hmmm... you know, I never thought about it, but yeah... does seem odd he's "Brother Blood" (yet doesn't look like the DCD figure of Brother Blood... has he 'transformed' or something in the comics or is the animated one just a new design?) yet "Deathstroke" isn't allowed....

I assumed they called him Slade because they weren't allowed to say "the Terminator", but yeah... why could he have just been "Deathstroke"

In other news:
Todays Justice League wasn't bad... I have no clue who ANY of the western heroes were, but it was fun.

Next weeks should be good too

interesting to see in the last minute of the show it was revealed some fans' guestimation of Warhawk's origins were correct.

yeah it's not funny

Cain Highwind
502th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Titans East" , posted Sun 23 Jan 15:32post reply

quote:

In other news:
Todays Justice League wasn't bad... I have no clue who ANY of the western heroes were, but it was fun.

The guy with the deformed face seemed REALLY familiar, yet I couldn't place him. But all-in-all it was still a good episode, Titans East as well.

YeldellGW
437th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(5):Titans East" , posted Sun 23 Jan 17:26post reply

quote:

The guy with the deformed face seemed REALLY familiar, yet I couldn't place him. But all-in-all it was still a good episode, Titans East as well.

The son of Ras Al Ghoul if I remember correctly. There was an episode about him on the BTAS show ahwile back.

Dr Baghead
3357th Post

"Re(6):Titans East" , posted Sun 23 Jan 17:41post reply

quote:
The son of Ras Al Ghoul if I remember correctly. There was an episode about him on the BTAS show ahwile back.

In BTAS, he was Ra's Son... I'm not sure if he is offically in the real DC cannon (someone will correct me)

His name is Johan Hex

yeah it's not funny

Sano
1398th Post

"Re(5):Speaking of SS/Batman" , posted Mon 24 Jan 05:54post reply

quote:
the Static in "Once and Future Thing"

Okay, finally saw this episode on Saturday. Looks like WB went back on their word and had Static appear on Justice League, since before they said this would never happen. Static Shock doesn't contradict anything storyline wise, and now if there was any doubt the Batman Beyond Future was going to happen this episode should of erased all that. As far as I see, all the WB/DC cartoons fit except for 'The Batman' which is obviously doing it's own thing.

CrazyMax
400th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(7):Titans East" , posted Mon 24 Jan 06:04post reply

quote:

In BTAS, he was Ra's Son... I'm not sure if he is offically in the real DC cannon (someone will correct me)

His name is Johan Hex

His name is actually Jonah Hex. I don't know about him in DC cartoon continuity, but in the comics he was a western hero staple. He's face was horribly deformed, I forget how, which left him the job of being a bounty hunter since no one else wanted him. I vaguely remember his also being a civil war soldier as well.

I think he was big in the '80's for awhile.

Dr Baghead
3359th Post

"Re(8):Titans East" , posted Mon 24 Jan 06:50:post reply

quote:
His name is Johan Hex

His name is actually Jonah Hex.

I knew that... I just made on hell of a typo (but seriously, can you blame me? "h", "n" they all look the same)

EDIT: If his name was Johan though, they could have called the episode "SPOOOOOOOKY Tales of Western Taco DOOOOOOMY DOOM DOOM DOOOOOOM MOOOSE I FEAR THE STRAWBERRY SNAPPLE!" or whatever it is Zim fans scream to embarass themselves on the internet

yeah it's not funny

[this message was edited by Dr Baghead on Mon 24 Jan 06:52]

Hungrywolf
2989th Post

"Re(4):Titans East" , posted Mon 24 Jan 09:48post reply

quote:
I have to say, I have been surprised that Brother Blood has been used in episodes and called "Brother Blood". I mean, they wouldn't call Slade "Deathstroke" because of the target audience but a guy has the word blood in his name and it's ok? I mean, I'm glad they call him Brother Blood in the cartoon, I just wish they'd called Slade Deathstroke.

hmmm... you know, I never thought about it, but yeah... does seem odd he's "Brother Blood" (yet doesn't look like the DCD figure of Brother Blood... has he 'transformed' or something in the comics or is the animated one just a new design?) yet "Deathstroke" isn't allowed....

I assumed they called him Slade because they weren't allowed to say "the Terminator", but yeah... why could he have just been "Deathstroke"

In other news:

Next weeks should be good too

interesting to see in the last minute of the show it was revealed some fans' guestimation of Warhawk's origins were correct.

I'm pretty sure you're refering to the new Brother Blood from DC Direct, right? That new Brother Blood has only appeared in the current run of the Teen Titans comic. Since the cartoon is based on the Wolfman/Perez group of Teen Titans, that is the original Brother Blood in the cartoon.

Hungry Like the Wolf

ZamIAm
1497th Post

"Re(5):Titans East" , posted Thu 27 Jan 22:47post reply

Awesome episode for TT and JLU but that ghost GL made was straight up Scooby Doo.

"Come with it then!"

Sano
1414th Post

"Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 11:23:post reply

OT Smallville stuff. This week's episode, Chloe revealed -

That she lost her virginity to Jimmy Olsen! That was priceless! Way to go Jimbo!!!

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 29 Jan 11:24]

Hungrywolf
2993th Post

"Re(1):Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 12:06post reply

quote:

Did she say Jimmy Olsen or did she just say Jimmy though?

Hungry Like the Wolf

Sano
1417th Post

"Re(2):Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 12:30post reply

She said Jimmy, a guy temping at the Daily Planet while she was temping. Kind of obvious it was Olsen. Hopefully he'll appear soon. Well since Perry White and Lois have already been on the show, looks like it will happen sooner or later.

DarkZero
1066th Post

"Re(2):Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 13:10post reply

quote:

Did she say Jimmy Olsen or did she just say Jimmy though?

She said his name was Jimmy, that he was roughly her age, and that he wore bow ties. Also, in a future episode coming up in a couple weeks...

Krypto the Wonder Dog!

End of Spoiler

No, I'm not kidding.

threesixtee
842th Post

"Re(3):Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 15:04post reply

speaking of smallville, know what would have been cool?

if young up and coming billionaire stopped by to do business with lex luthor. I don't know what would have happened, or if batman would even be involved. but it would have been cool.

Digitalboy
96th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 15:31post reply

Chloe lost her virginity to Jimmy?!

GOLLY!

DarkZero
1067th Post

"Re(4):Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 16:18post reply

quote:
speaking of smallville, know what would have been cool?

if young up and coming billionaire stopped by to do business with lex luthor. I don't know what would have happened, or if batman would even be involved. but it would have been cool.

They always planned to have Bruce Wayne show up as, I believe they said, "Lex's slightly older, perpetually brooding friend from boarding school", but apparently there was a legal issue, so we ended up with that "He's Bruce Wayne but, through a lame plot twist, he's not" kid from last season.

Sano
1418th Post

"Re(5):Smallville" , posted Sat 29 Jan 20:14post reply

quote:

They always planned to have Bruce Wayne show up as, I believe they said, "Lex's slightly older, perpetually brooding friend from boarding school", but apparently there was a legal issue, so we ended up with that "He's Bruce Wayne but, through a lame plot twist, he's not" kid from last season.

Krypto? Well, could be funny I guess.

I know before they wanted to have a young Bruce Wayne on the show but the suits at the WB wouldn't allow it because it would steal thunder from the upcoming Superman/Batman Movie. Now that that Movie idea is canceled, it seems like it could happen. Then again, WB may be holding off on the idea and waiting to see how Batman Begins and the new Superman flick do to see if they can approach the Sup/Bats Movie again. A TV show stealing thunder from a Movie? Then again, as good as Smallville is and as bad as Catwoman was, they could be right. But Birds of Prey TV Show was utter garbage. It's all about the creative teams.

They said if/when Bruce would appear in the show, it would end in Bruce and Clark not being friends with Clark telling Bruce "You need help", the psychological kind.

Sano
1424th Post

"Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Sun 30 Jan 22:29post reply

Teen Titans yesterday -

Cool Martial Arts episode. I loved how Robin said before he trained with the best. Heh, heh. Batman, even though they didn't mention his name.

End of Spoiler

Justice League Unlimited -

It was a lot like the Avengers/JLA crossover, when the time lines got screwed up in the crossover, peolple became different versions of themselves. Same thing happened here when Jon Stuart became, Hal Jordan! Kind of odd since the cartoon started with Rainer, but later implied Stuart came first in JL. On the episode with Rainer in Superman, it said Hal Jordan on the plane as a shout out since he was a test pilot. So I wonder, was Hal Jordan before these two in the cartoon world or from the far far future as um... gasp... Duck Dodgers implies??? Well, hope we get answers at some point. All and all, it was good to see Hal Jordan on Justice League even for a little bit.

End of Spoiler

Sano
1425th Post

"Re(1):Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Sun 30 Jan 22:31post reply

Oh yeah, and Starfire looked really hot in the Robin outfit!

End of Spoiler

Dr Baghead
3363th Post

"Re(1):Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Mon 31 Jan 06:02post reply

Teen Titans:
The Questing part was rather fun... I wonder if Batman ever made that journey... The animal warriors blocking the path where really cool too.

Especially the Blind Snake, but ESPECIALLY the Monkey that reminded me of Mojo Jojo

End of Spoiler

The B story was funny too. I wonder how many little kids will get the reference to BeastBoy jumping through the paper circle while saying "call me Beastboy Wonder"

I was surprised Raven in Robin's costume didn't have a longer cape... after all, Starfire turned his costume into a mid-drift shirt and Cyborg destoryed one... Did they get a new Silky?

End of Spoiler

JLU:

So does the fact Chronos so horrible messed up the timestream and the fact Old Bruce does not remember metting himself when he was younger mean Batman Beyond isn't the set in stone future?

The Jokerz with super powers were really cool, if Batman Beyond had actually featured villians like that maybe the show wouldn't have sucked so bad.

Speaking of the Jokerz... it was nice to know the two groups from BB, and the one from RotJ are all just 3 of 200 subsections of a larger group of Jokerz... it always confused me why there were 3 different sets never thinking they were all subdivisions.

How did Ghoul know Bruce Batman was 'the first Batman' does this mean 'Return of the Joker' has happened already in the timeline? Most people seem to assume Terry Batman is 'the Batman' (well not 'the Batman' Batman, but the original Batman) so how does he know Terry is Batman 2?

So now that Hal Jordon has shown up in JLU, if you're not picky and consider "Green Guardsmen" Alan Scott, all the GL from the comics have shown up in JL at some point!

I wished they would have addressed a question I had about the DeeDees though: Are they the Joker's Grandaughters or did Harley hook up with someone else after falling to her 'death'?

End of Spoiler

yeah it's not funny

Sano
1429th Post

"Re(2):Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Mon 31 Jan 06:36post reply

JLU -

It was cool that Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina) reprised her role as the voice of the Deedees just like the ROTJ Movie.

Myself, I always thought Harley Quin finally hooked up with the Creeper after Joker was gone. But I'm a hopeless romantic...

digitalboy
98th Post

Occasional Customer

"Quick Smallville Question" , posted Tue 1 Feb 05:20post reply

Can anyone tell me who knows of Clark's powers? Mainly the supporting characters than the one time characters. Thank you in advance.

threesixtee
844th Post

"Re(1):Quick Smallville Question" , posted Tue 1 Feb 07:23post reply

quote:
Can anyone tell me who knows of Clark's powers? Mainly the supporting characters than the one time characters. Thank you in advance.

- his parents (duh)

- pete, clark's best friend - but he's not on the show anymore.

- the girl from last week's ep (with the teleportation, she was in season 3 as well)

those are the only recurring/semi-recurring characters I know of that know of clark's superpowers. there's been a bunch of one-timers as you say that knew. most died (the native american girl, bobby drake who stole his powers, etc.). hopefully the flash comes back though.

I guess someone else finds out about his powers in this week's ep? sounds good.

Burning Ranger
1033th Post

"Re(3):Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Tue 1 Feb 13:16post reply

quote:
JLU -

It was cool that Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina) reprised her role as the voice of the Deedees just like the ROTJ Movie.

Myself, I always thought Harley Quin finally hooked up with the Creeper after Joker was gone. But I'm a hopeless romantic...

Saw the eps... I was just glad that

Hal Jordan showed up

End of Spoiler

It was a good ep, IMHO.

Dr Baghead
3366th Post

"Re(4):Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Tue 1 Feb 13:35:post reply

quote:
Saw the eps... I was just glad that

[Burning Ranger's Spoiler]

It was a good ep, IMHO.

Uh... you do realize your tag gives away the spoiler right?
His appearence in JLU though kind of upset me. On the one hand, it made sense and made a lot of people happy I'm sure... however, it just shows the series has degraded to "WITH SPECIAL GUEST...." level since c'mon pretending JLU is still a kids show, how many of them are going to know Hal Jordon? At least aside from being "that's not Green Lantern!" from Daffy Duck.

yeah it's not funny

[this message was edited by Dr Baghead on Tue 1 Feb 15:27]

Amakusa
574th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Tue 1 Feb 15:25:post reply

quote:
The B story was funny too. I wonder how many little kids will get the reference to BeastBoy jumping through the paper circle while saying "call me Beastboy Wonder"

I was laughing so hard when I saw that I had no idea what Beastboy was saying.

As for JLU:

The future you saw was a future where loser time-traveler guy messed it up. So basically the events of Batman Beyond won't happen the way it 'should'. As in everyone except for three superheroes being dead. And Bonk being alive... and the Jokerz having April Moon-style cybernetics on them.

I especially loved the part where Batman was holding the scarecrow guy over the side of the building, then old Bruce grabs him and canes the guy.

All things considering, I suppose it was just as well that Static and Batman were among the surviving heroes, since the both of them don't have their show anymore. Part of me was pulling for future Mr. Freeze, but that's probably asking a bit too much.

End of Spoiler

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

[this message was edited by Amakusa on Tue 1 Feb 15:27]

Burning Ranger
1034th Post

"Re(5):Yesterday's Episodes Spoilers" , posted Tue 1 Feb 22:41post reply

quote:

Uh... you do realize your tag gives away the spoiler right?

Aww, peas!

But seriously...

So in DC Animated Continuity, did Hal ever become Green Lantern? Hardcore purists would say that it can't be so (going back to Superman TAS). I guess in "Present & Future Thing", Chronos when back to the past and prevented Hal or Kyle from being GL, thus going to Hal.

Besides, I don't really like Hal's portrayal in JLU. It reminded me of Captain Atom for some reason, with too stiff of a military attitude. ("I've been briefed with the situation, carry on.") I don't think Hal was ever like that.

End of Spoiler

Digitalboy
99th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Quick Smallville Question" , posted Tue 1 Feb 23:37post reply

quote:

- his parents (duh)

- pete, clark's best friend - but he's not on the show anymore.

- the girl from last week's ep (with the teleportation, she was in season 3 as well)

those are the only recurring/semi-recurring characters I know of that know of clark's superpowers. there's been a bunch of one-timers as you say that knew. most died (the native american girl, bobby drake who stole his powers, etc.). hopefully the flash comes back though.

I guess someone else finds out about his powers in this week's ep? sounds good.

I thought

Chloe

End of Spoiler

knew that he had powers too? I could be wrong. Either that or I have been out of it when I was watching one of the episodes.

threesixtee
846th Post

"Re(3):Quick Smallville Question" , posted Wed 2 Feb 00:17post reply

quote:

I thought

knew that he had powers too? I could be wrong. Either that or I have been out of it when I was watching one of the episodes.

nope. clark on many occasions has almost told this person, but stuff always happens.

Sano
1431th Post

"Re(3):Quick Smallville Question" , posted Wed 2 Feb 00:20post reply

Chloe found out when she and Clark were possesed by Red Kryptonite (Red Kryptonite affects humans too on the show) but everything was forgotten by the end of the episode.

Freeter
4272th Post

"Quick TT Question" , posted Sun 6 Feb 13:30post reply

Gah, everyone and their dog is praising "Birthmark"....does anyone know any torrent sites for recent TT eps?

NeoRyu
1027th Post

"Re(1):DC Animation thread" , posted Mon 7 Feb 02:18post reply

Could somebody please explain Raven's powers and back story?

Fuu is a cutie!!

black_hayato
108th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):DC Animation thread" , posted Mon 7 Feb 04:39post reply

quote:
Could somebody please explain Raven's powers and back story?

Raven's bio

threesixtee
847th Post

"Re(3):DC Animation thread" , posted Mon 14 Feb 09:55post reply

last night's eps:

flash came back. I forgot how funny he was - and he actually managed to kick a lot of badguy tail and not trip on anything. see the preview for the doomsday ep (also aired with once and future thing 2)? I wonder if supes will actually die this season (unlike that fake death in season 2).

titans was ok ><

Sano
1491th Post

"Re(4):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 02:59:post reply

Finally got the DC Encyclopedia 2004 book at half price, twenty bucks. It has about 1,000 DC characters. NOW I CAN FINALLY UNDERSTAND WHO THE F*** ALL OF THESE UNEXPLAINED UNINTRODUCED CAMEO PEOPLE IN JLU ARE YOU WB BASTAGES!!!! And of course remain the big continuity nerd that I am, LOL!

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 19 Feb 02:59]

Gojira
1634th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 05:04post reply

Great, so who the hell is that guy that looks almost exactly like Dirk the Daring in yellow? He had a small cameo in the Atom episode, but from the previews it looks like he's going to be showing up more in the next episode.

Off with your nose

Burning Ranger
1068th Post

"Where the hoek is...." , posted Sat 19 Feb 05:22post reply

...Captain Marvel (AKA SHAZAM)? I'm a Shazam! fan and was wondering when he's going to appear in JLU.

Sano
1491th Post

"Re(6):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 05:26post reply

quote:
Great, so who the hell is that guy that looks almost exactly like Dirk the Daring in yellow? He had a small cameo in the Atom episode, but from the previews it looks like he's going to be showing up more in the next episode.

Man, I'm useless without pics... Vigilante was the Cowboy with the Red Mask in that Atom episode, I figured out that much out. That was hella bizarre having a Cowboy shoot robots...

Gojira
1635th Post

"Re(7):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 09:47post reply

quote:

Man, I'm useless without pics... Vigilante was the Cowboy with the Red Mask in that Atom episode, I figured out that much out. That was hella bizarre having a Cowboy shoot robots...

Cowboy? No no... think Dragon's Lair. That guy riding the horse. Who the hell is he?

Off with your nose

Sano
1494th Post

"Re(8):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 12:01post reply

quote:

Cowboy? No no... think Dragon's Lair. That guy riding the horse. Who the hell is he?

There was another guy riding a horse in that Atom episode? Can't remember. I haven't seem Dragon's Lair in like twenty years.

Gojira
1636th Post

"Re(9):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 14:44post reply

quote:

There was another guy riding a horse in that Atom episode? Can't remember. I haven't seem Dragon's Lair in like twenty years.

He looks like the guy that keeps appearing in the images on this page, except instead of any red his tunic is all yellow with some insignia on the front.

Off with your nose

Sano
1495th Post

"Re(10):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 15:37post reply

OH! I was thinking of Dragon Slayer, the live action Movie! Still, I haven't seen Dragon's Lair (a friend had it on tape) in about five years... ok let me look.

Sano
1499th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 16:50:post reply

Found him. His name is Shining Knight. I scanned this from the DC Comics Encyclopedia book. WB YOU WILL NO LONGER GET AWAY WITH UNINTRODUCING JLU MEMBERS OVER AT MMCAFE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Shining Knight

[this message was edited by Sano on Sat 19 Feb 16:52]

Gojira
1638th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):DC Animation thread" , posted Sat 19 Feb 19:53post reply

quote:
Found him. His name is Shining Knight. I scanned this from the DC Comics Encyclopedia book. WB YOU WILL NO LONGER GET AWAY WITH UNINTRODUCING JLU MEMBERS OVER AT MMCAFE! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Shining Knight

Wow!

Um... just wow. Seems like he really has very little to do with current DC continuity.

But thanks for finding it, now I'm ready to watch the new episode!... I can say "HEY THAT'S SHINING KNIGHT!" and then have a piano fall on me

Off with your nose

Sano
1508th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Good cartoons, good Constantine" , posted Tue 22 Feb 13:43post reply

Minor Teen Titans and JLU spoilers.

So, anyone peep FLCL Teen Titans, LOL!

And JLU was hot! Doomsday was the man!
Wasn't that scientist that Doomsday killed also from Static Shock? He seemed familiar. I noticed Hugo Strange was down with the conspiracy too. In the words of Evil Dead's Ash, "GROOVY!"

End of Spoiler

Big up to the DC/Vertigo Movie Constantine. To my surprise, I really liked this movie! Also saw the new Batman trailer and while I still don't have high hopes for that movie the trailer was hott.

Cain Highwind
515th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Good cartoons, good Constantine" , posted Tue 22 Feb 14:34post reply

Heh, I noticed the FLCL bits in TT as well. It was nice.

As for JL, Dr. Milo was from the early Batman series, he did all those weird Genetic Experiments like the time he turned Catwman into a feline, and made all the local cats and dogs in Gotham, including Catwoman's pet, Isis. I was really surprised to see him.

Dr Baghead
3383th Post

"Re(1):Good cartoons, good Constantine" , posted Tue 22 Feb 16:08post reply

Teen Titans spoile inresponce to Sano's

I'm really impressed TT has referenced FLCL not once but TWICE (and Larry popping out of Robin's head was waaaaay less subtle then Haruko themed Beastboy with the sticker on his Vespa [which techincally isn't a Moped is it? it's motor scooter, but it has no pedals!... but 'moped' is a funnier word then 'Vespa' so I'm cool with it])

End of Spoiler

quote:
Big up to the DC/Vertigo Movie Constantine. To my surprise, I really liked this movie! Also saw the new Batman trailer and while I still don't have high hopes for that movie the trailer was hott.

After seeing Watanabe in costume (seriously, would it be so much trouble to dress him like the comic Ra's?! Japanese people don't all dress like Shaolin Monks, they CAN wear green suits) and realizing that, although watchable, none of the Blade movies have been 'good' in the classical sense... I'm joining you in 'not having high hopes for Batman Begins' camp, Sano, and don't worry! I brought mashmallows!

yeah it's not funny

YeldellGW
443th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Good cartoons, good Constantine" , posted Wed 23 Feb 00:35post reply

quote:
Heh, I noticed the FLCL bits in TT as well. It was nice.

As for JL, Dr. Milo was from the early Batman series, he did all those weird Genetic Experiments like the time he turned Catwman into a feline, and made all the local cats and dogs in Gotham, including Catwoman's pet, Isis. I was really surprised to see him.

Actually it was a different scientist that turned Catwomen into a feline/cat hybrid. Milo was responsible for the were-wolf of Gotham though...