Question about comic book trading cards - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (2212 Views )

NeoRyu
1022th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Question about comic book trading cards" , posted Sun 19 Dec 01:52post reply

Does Marvel still make trading cards or not?

Fuu is a cutie!!

Replies:

lunatic
130th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Question about comic book trading cards" , posted Sun 19 Dec 06:51post reply

quote:

that's a really good question..., but 'does anyone care' though

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

ZamIAm
1471th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Question about comic book trading cards" , posted Mon 20 Dec 08:20post reply

quote:

Actually, they do but it's not as big of a deal as it once was.

Why sling mud when you can sling explosives?

CrazyMax
395th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(1):Question about comic book trading cards" , posted Tue 21 Dec 09:54post reply

quote:

Actually I believe they do not. The whole trading card market fell out, when companies KOFFImageKOFFWildStormKOFF purposely set up their cards so it was physically impossible for the collector to get an entire set with a purchase of an entire box. After that, fans stopped buying cards seeing little point. There would be no guarantee no matter how many boxes that one could get an entire set, making it financially impossible.

What's taken it's place is collectible card game market. Which is in it's umpteenth variation, that now features the VS. series. Both Marvel & DC have sets.

The only cards done nowadays as true trading cards are merely promo items.

I'm basing this all on the fact that I have not seen a Marvel trading card solicited in the Previews order magazine in the last year, but perhaps something is coming up?

Dr Baghead
3303th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Question about comic book trading cards" , posted Tue 21 Dec 10:05post reply

quote:
What's taken it's place is collectible card game market. Which is in it's umpteenth variation, that now features the VS. series. Both Marvel & DC have sets.

Off Topic:
Can Marvel and DC versions of Heroclix/Overpower/Vs System be played againist each other or in a mixed deck?

I'd assume if the rules are the same nothing stops you... but are there like tournament rules or something that 'outlaw' such

yeah it's not funny

CrazyMax
396th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Question about comic book trading cards" , posted Wed 22 Dec 10:06post reply

quote:

Off Topic:
Can Marvel and DC versions of Heroclix/Overpower/Vs System be played againist each other or in a mixed deck?

I'd assume if the rules are the same nothing stops you... but are there like tournament rules or something that 'outlaw' such

My uneducated guess is no. The people I know that play Heroclix, never seem to mix the two. But I would have to guess an enterprising set ofplayers could mix the Heroclix together. I've only seen people playing DC vs DC or Marvel vs Marvel.

I also believe Overpower was Marvel's unsuccessful attempt at their own game system, so I double anyone would want to tie anything to their game.

The VS series I believe is similiar to the situation as Heroclix. There is Marvel & DC cards, but I imagine it might be easier to mix the two.