it's chritmas! discuss - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3803 Views )

lunatic
128th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 02:00post reply

yes... and i ain't going anywhere or gettin' shyt despite the sales and all... coz i'm broke...
so tell me all about your plans to make me jealous..., new toys u getting, new mooks new anime new computers new pr0n new underwear new look new hair style

go

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

Replies:

ONSLAUGHT
3138th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 02:01post reply

Christmas suck, that's all I have to say.

Nate
345th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 02:05post reply

quote:

Thank you, ONSY.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Time Mage
2011th Post

"Re(1):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 02:28post reply

quote:

No, Christmas is great if you receive more presents than you give. And, since I don't buy any present and receive 2-3, Christmas is great for me.

HA!

tenguman
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 02:53post reply

The only thing Christmas is good for is the good food of the family reuniouns (which suck).

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Rid Hershel
6355th Post

"Re(1):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 03:55post reply

I won't receive any gift, probably will make a couple but nothing too expensive because I'm broke as well, and since my family is always at war there wont be annoying family meetings luckily.

random news

Joe Randel
337th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 04:04post reply

I'll be spending Christmas at home with my wife and baby girl. It's her second Christmas and should prove to be fun, especially since she fell asleep during gift opening last year.

The only thing that could cause problems is my Mother is visiting us for the holidays and doesn't exactly get along with my wife.

Thankfully I have 4 cartons of my favorite egg nog (made at the dairy in my home town) to help make the season bright. I don't drink alcoholic drinks but I just might start if my Mom causes problems. My Dad say's Rum or Brandy goes good with egg nog.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Mog
344th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 04:14post reply

I'm getting paid time and a half for working Christmas Eve and I'm not going to spend Christmas with my extened family. No complaints.

catalyst
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 04:50post reply

Christmas is about getting drunk beyond belief after horrible college finals.

Oh, and getting presents.

NARUTO
2821th Post

"Re(3):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 05:16post reply

Well A nice little familly reunion with my mum and sister, So good food too!! ^^
And maybe, some present here and there...

The biggest Talent is to make peoples belive that you're talented...

Juke Joint Jezebel
3231th Post

"Re(3):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 05:47post reply

haha what an admirable angst-filled thread! and throughout all this game-and-anime-induced pessimism, no one's even bothered to poke fun at the blatant misspelling of Christmas! kinda makes you think. well, it makes me think. i dunno what it does for you

this Christmas, i'll probably do what i do every Christmas -- spend the first part of it with my family, probably eat a meal and exchange gifts, then collapse on the couch while they mingle amonst themselves around me

rid_hershel
6356th Post

"Re(4):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 06:40post reply

quote:
haha what an admirable angst-filled thread!
Wanna make me angst-less? send Majoria fanarts to my site :D

Other than that, yeah, seems like I'm not the only one who dislikes xmas.

random news

HAYATO
116th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 06:57post reply

quote:

Better say YOUR Christmas suck, dude. I have lots of fun these days. In fact this is one of my favorite events of the year.

Toxico
3977th Post

"Christmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 07:02post reply

quote:
I won't receive any gift, probably will make a couple but nothing too expensive because I'm broke as well, and since my family is always at war there wont be annoying family meetings luckily.

Boy you are lucky, my family whole is at complete an ruthless war but even then we do 'family sessons' where we meet.... It's such a complete drag trying to eat surrounded by people that hate you... I'm use to that kind of thing, but my sister really suffers... I wonder if this year I could actually meet someone I want to be with.

See??? He is a God...

HAYATO
117th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):NOG" , posted Fri 17 Dec 07:05post reply

quote:
My Dad say's Rum or Brandy goes good with egg nog.

Your father is a wise man. Although you may try mixing it with Vodka, especially for your Mom...

Mokona
177th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):NOG" , posted Fri 17 Dec 07:20post reply

quote:
My Dad say's Rum or Brandy goes good with egg nog.

Your father is a wise man. Although you may try mixing it with Vodka, especially for your Mom...

Xmas is fun! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend it with my parents and family for 5 years since I now live abroad... For the past 4 years, we went to bed with my girlfriend at 10pm on new year's eve out of boredom (and since I could wish happy new year to my family 6 years earlier 'cause of the time difference, I didn't need to be awake to wish it to everyone!)

I like the good food that comes with it though! Plus my girlfriend always makes me great gifts! (this year, she'll choke on her egg nog since my gift to her is (finally) an engagement ring, eheh!)

Blah!

HAYATO
119th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):NOG" , posted Fri 17 Dec 07:38post reply

quote:

I like the good food that comes with it though! Plus my girlfriend always makes me great gifts! (this year, she'll choke on her egg nog since my gift to her is (finally) an engagement ring, eheh!)

Hey!! Don't say that here, someone could tell her and ruin the surprise!!

ONSLAUGHT
3139th Post

"Re(2):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 10:05post reply

quote:

Better say YOUR Christmas suck, dude.

There's no such thing as MY Christmas or YOUR Christmas, there's only THE Cristmas, and yeah it sucks harder than a well paid whore.

Pollyanna
651th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 10:10post reply

Wow, I'm surprised to see all this anti-Christmas spirit. I don't care for Christmas much, but for different reasons.
I think next year...everyone should shoot to have a Dracula Christmas.

OmegaDog
1397th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 11:26:post reply

Despite the fact that there's normally a lot of tension in waiting for how well I did academically in the preceding semester, I actually like the season overall. I like it more, though, when I actually have an opportunity to go outside and enjoy the festivities. Much as I like the warm indoors, staying inside can be a drag for me when I'm missing all the outdoors festivities.

(It's even better during those years that I have the time to volunteer to participate in those festivities, instead of simply watching 'em.)

quote:

Hrm... for those that don't like the season -- this line has provided an idea, for those that might be inclined to do so.

Grab Halloween decorations and put 'em up! You might even choose to add Christmas-style decorations to them (like paper santa hats & such).

On Christmas Eve, sit down and watch Nightmare Before Christmas. Or, the socially-inclined might even throw a themed party that night, of a mash between Halloween & Christmas. How one would do that exactly -- I'm dry on ideas.

CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 19

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Fri 17 Dec 11:29]

Red Falcon
5278th Post

"Re(4):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 11:32post reply

quote:
Dracula Christmas.

We have a winner! I hate Christmas, but if Dracula came down the chimney and we had to fight him off with a whip and holy water, I'd be all for it.

Best site EVER: Link Here

Phoenix
654th Post

"life is beautiful hahar" , posted Fri 17 Dec 11:36post reply

It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Gonna go to church then give out maybe 1 or 2 gifts.
Maybe buy myself a game gift or something.
*yup I'm broke too*
But this Christmas will be one to remember. (I have a girl situation)
Oh, and I just graduated from college so I have plenty of reasons to celebrate.
Best wishes to cafe friends.

Nate
346th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):it's chritmas! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 13:44post reply

quote:
Christmas is about getting drunk beyond belief after horrible college finals.

Oh, and getting presents.

Amen. Freaking finals. At least they're over. And then next semester starts in a month. Boo. Maybe I should get drunk at some point over this break...hmm...

quote:
Dracula Christmas

Yes please.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Lupin
2750th Post

"Re(1):it's Christmas ! discuss" , posted Fri 17 Dec 14:08post reply

quote:
yes... and i ain't going anywhere or gettin' shyt despite the sales and all... coz i'm broke...
so tell me all about your plans to make me jealous..., new toys u getting, new mooks new anime new computers new pr0n new underwear new look new hair style

go

It's Christmas !
If you're unlucky enough to not like someone in your family, deal with that, don't take it out on a holliday!
What about the new toys/mooks/games question? That's more fun than using the internet as a window into others misery!

I'm going to get 2 Darkstalkers art/guide books! I'll probably go see Blade 3 durring the break. And maybe I'll get a Vampire Princess DVD, or a Vampire Princess Yui or Sword of Dracula TPB. Dracula Christmas? puh!

Joe Randel
339th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):NO" , posted Fri 17 Dec 23:36post reply

Okay, so we all know how much of the Cafe seems to hate Christmas. My only question is why? You have to hate it for a reason. You can't just hate for the sake of hateing. What is it about this time that bothers you so much?

And I agree with Lupin. If just plain ol' hate your family then you can't really blame the holiday as you're bound to see them at Easter, Thanksgiving or any other holiday.

"I can't take any more illicit drugs... I can't afford any artificial joy" - Pursuit of Happiness

Gojira
1599th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"*^_^*!" , posted Sat 18 Dec 00:13post reply

Come on everybody! Let's give Onsy a nice big warm loving group hug so he may share in our joy and happiness!

*HUGS ONSY!*

AIM: GoroDELETEjira
Remove 'DELETE' to AIM

Iron D
2576th Post

"Re(1):*^_^*!" , posted Sat 18 Dec 03:46post reply

When you work in retail, Christmas is all the more worse. I get to see some of my family that I don't get to see too often, and the presents are nice, but it's funny that most people I know are actually more bitter than they usually are due to holiday related stress than they usually are, which is the opposite of what most people say you're supposed to feel like during the season.

I hate Christmas for three reasons:
1. The stress. At work, in traffic, in stores when you yourself are shopping.

2. The music. I'm sorry, but Christmas music sucks. It's even worse when pop music folks suddenly release christmas albums. Ick.

3. The fact that Christmas is really just a bunch of corporations whoring out what is supposed to be Jesus' birthday to sell even more of their crap. And how the heck did anybody find out that Jesus' birthday was Dec. 25th anyway? That reeks of bullcrap.

Note that I'm not particularly religious...

Zelkin. Pimped.

lunatic
129th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):NO" , posted Sat 18 Dec 03:49post reply

quote:
Okay, so we all know how much of the Cafe seems to hate Christmas. My only question is why?

repressed anger and frustration from childhood anxieties that we never got that particular toy we've been nagging at our parents for years.

You've been very bad~ Now off to the gas chamber!

ONSLAUGHT
3142th Post

"Re(2):*^_^*!" , posted Sat 18 Dec 03:57post reply

quote:

3. The fact that Christmas is really just a bunch of corporations whoring out what is supposed to be Jesus' birthday to sell even more of their crap. And how the heck did anybody find out that Jesus' birthday was Dec. 25th anyway? That reeks of bullcrap...

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Thanks D.

Joe Randel
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re:the truth..." , posted Sat 18 Dec 04:10post reply

quote:
Okay, so we all know how much of the Cafe seems to hate Christmas. My only question is why?

repressed anger and frustration from childhood anxieties that we never got that particular toy we've been nagging at our parents for years.

So if people just got their Battle Damage He-Man years ago they wouldn't be so bitter? Go figure...

Also, the birthday of Jesus isn't known. "Christmas" was a pagan winter festival before the Church got a hold of it in order to convert the Pagans in to good Christians. Pagans said they wouldn't give up their celebrations to be Christian so the Church said fine and Christmas was born in order to convert the heathens. I think anyway. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Mokona
181th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Re:the truth..." , posted Sat 18 Dec 04:55post reply

quote:
Also, the birthday of Jesus isn't known. "Christmas" was a pagan winter festival before the Church got a hold of it in order to convert the Pagans in to good Christians. Pagans said they wouldn't give up their celebrations to be Christian so the Church said fine and Christmas was born in order to convert the heathens. I think anyway. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure it's something of the sort.
Christianity is just a series of rip-offs anyway! (eh, it works, who's gonna complain!?)

Blah!

Juke Joint Jezebel
3233th Post

"Re(4):YES" , posted Sat 18 Dec 06:15post reply

quote:
Okay, so we all know how much of the Cafe seems to hate Christmas. My only question is why? You have to hate it for a reason. You can't just hate for the sake of hateing. What is it about this time that bothers you so much?

And I agree with Lupin. If just plain ol' hate your family then you can't really blame the holiday as you're bound to see them at Easter, Thanksgiving or any other holiday.

by the way, just because i'm having fun at everyone else's expense, it doesn't mean that i like the holiday. this time of year always makes me depressed

this fucking season, like everything else, just completely sucks for most of us. but make the best of it and quit your whining. we've already got onsy for that. the reason behind this Christmas hate, i think, is pretty simple. if you can't figure it out for yourself, i'm not gonna waste my time to explain it to you, and i doubt anyone here's going to admit to it

OmegaDog
1402th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"And now... a Dr. Wily Christmas Special." , posted Sat 18 Dec 06:51post reply

Link Here. (6 minutes, 4 MB.)

CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 20

HAYATO
122th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Re:the truth..." , posted Sat 18 Dec 06:52post reply

quote:

So if people just got their Battle Damage He-Man years ago they wouldn't be so bitter? Go figure...

Jesus' birthday was supposed to be around August 2 or 3 AD, according to the date when King Herod (Herodias?) enacted the edict about taking a census in his Kingdom, and compensating the all-known Gregorian calendar errors. Randel, you are right about the goal which believers wanted to achieve migrating the celebrations to winter, but if I'm not much mistaken, the one who made it effective was the Emperor Constantine (although he also acted in the name of the Vatican).

I don't have it totally clear, so if anyone wants to correct me or explain it better, feel free to post...

Black_Hayato
100th Post

Regular Customer

"Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 07:02post reply

I think ppl dislike Christmas because, like any other time of the year it has its ups and downs. Only during Christmas its much more intensified. It brings the best and worst out of ppl. I usually see more of the worst, as the rate of assholes per sq. inch increases ten fold.

And its natural to get depressed during the holidays. I forget why though aside from the obvious.

Lupin
2758th Post

"Re(1):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 08:51:post reply

quote:
I think ppl dislike Christmas because, like any other time of the year it has its ups and downs. Only during Christmas its much more intensified. It brings the best and worst out of ppl. I usually see more of the worst, as the rate of assholes per sq. inch increases ten fold.

And its natural to get depressed during the holidays. I forget why though aside from the obvious.

P.S. I just wanted to be clear I think "Dracula Christmas" is pretty funny =)
by the way just like everyone else. And Chritmas might be a cute affectionate way of saying Christmas, or a not way.

edit:I just saw South Park, maybe he was referencing that.

What video game stuff do y'all want for this month?

[this message was edited by Lupin on Sun 19 Dec 22:57]

Phoenix
656th Post

"Re(2):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 09:53post reply

Sounds to me what cafe hates is commercialism and capitalism. Just like every other freakin holiday such as Valentine's day. Don't let it get to ya I guess.

"Christianity is just a series of rip-offs anyway! (eh, it works, who's gonna complain!?)"

Yeah, cuz Christianity is such an easy target for some reason. I bet you're not gonna even define "a series of rip-offs." Unless you mean church history. I just heard somebody opened fire at the Christmas play at Crystal cathedral church then shot himself. Good times.

Undead Fred
1974th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):NO" , posted Sat 18 Dec 10:54post reply

quote:

I just pictured all the little kids trying to bleed out a whole glass of blood for Dracula Claus on Christmas Eve. Heh heh.

Anyway, aside from the traffic, I enjoy Christmas. It's been a good break time from school, and I usually get to see a lot of friends I never get to see and play a bunch of video games...

Red Falcon
5283th Post

"Re(3):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 11:15:post reply

Religion should NOT BE A TOPIC ON A GAME BBS.

Edit: And I hate my family and have ALWAYS hated Christmas, and I'll be damned if anybody tells me I should feel otherwise.

Edit edit: At least I don't have to see them, though. One thing to be happy about!

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sat 18 Dec 11:17]

Pollyanna
654th Post

"Re(4):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 11:36post reply

quote:
Religion should NOT BE A TOPIC ON A GAME BBS.

Ame....I mean....r...right.

I love how Dracula Christmas means something different to everyone. That shows how magical it truly is.

Phoenix
657th Post

"Re(4):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 11:47post reply

Bashing religion should NOT BE A TOPIC ON A GAME BBS. That's all.

Red Falcon
5284th Post

"Re(5):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 11:52post reply

quote:

It shouldn't come up at all.

Phoenix
659th Post

"Re(6):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 16:15:post reply

quote:
It shouldn't come up at all.

"That's all" meant "that's all I'm saying and no disrespect to anyone" NOT "religion is ok."

Religion and bashing religion should both be avoided on a game BBS. I'm just saying it's stupid to tolerate the latter but not the former. Also, I never discussed religion in this thread. I just defended one. "That's all."

edit: Sorry all for unintentionally contributing to the hijacking of this thread.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Sat 18 Dec 16:24]

Red Falcon
5287th Post

"Re(7):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 16:19:post reply

quote:
Religion and bashing religion should both be avoided on a game BBS. I'm just saying it's stupid to tolerate the latter but not the former. Also, I never discussed religion in this thread. I just defended it. "That's all."

You seem to think I'm riding you or something, but my comments were directed to the whole little religious tiff you two were having in general. Best to let it die now.
Edit:It seems to me you think I was "tolerating" Mokona's comments, but I meant religion should not be brought up period (same with politics).

[this message was edited by Red Falcon on Sat 18 Dec 16:33]

Phoenix
659th Post

"Re(8):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 18 Dec 16:24post reply

quote:
Best to let it die now.

Done. Thanks.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3240th Post

"let's religion!" , posted Wed 22 Dec 12:11post reply

that reminds me, i saw this PBS special about the Magi. i was pretty fucked up from lack of sleep/heavy medication, but i got a little bit out of it. they were using historical references to try to figure out exactly what happened. it was pretty interesting what they came up with

according to them, the Magi were ancient Persians that were into Zoroastrianism. i think they were priests. everyone regarded them highly, etc. the program went into that whole thing about where the name magician comes from and shit. it was cool

then there was some prophecy about the King of the Jews being born, so the Magi went on their way to give him gifts: gold (an earthly king), frankincense (a something king), myrrh (something else i forgot). depending on what gift he accepted, it'd decide what kind of king he was. greedy kid took them all. anyways, that whole thing about gifts on Christmas comes from the gifts that the Three Wise Men gave to Jesus

they don't know exactly when Jesus was born, but that star the Magi were following was most likely the eclipse of Saturn (or was it Jupiter?) by the moon. i forgot what they said about it exactly

there was some other stuff, like Jesus actually being a small infant (two years old) when the Magi arrived, but i was kinda drooling on myself by the end of the program, so i didn't really absorb that much out of the latter half. look for the program if you're even remotely interested. it was pretty awesome. there was also some stuff about King Herod and all the horrible shit he did. i wish i had this thing on tape

HAYATO
150th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):let's religion!" , posted Wed 22 Dec 19:01post reply

quote:
there was also some stuff about King Herod and all the horrible shit he did. i wish i had this thing on tape

At least he had the death he deserved...he slowly rotted alive. He stinked so much that, according to some scripts, in the latter phase of his strange disease, he had to be permanently followed by a group of "incensarians" to make his audiences bearable...

Iggy
5234th Post

"Re(4):NO" , posted Wed 22 Dec 20:34post reply

quote:
Sounds to me what cafe hates is commercialism and capitalism.

No, I just hate unfashionable decoration and ugly visuals.

My christmas will be spent at home studying more than I ever did in the rest of the year, because december is the month of dead things and things that should be dead already, like the year.
On the other hand, January is the month for orgies, having sex with the best looking guys ever, and extensive clothe bargains.

Lupin
2772th Post

"Re(8):Christmas is alright." , posted Fri 24 Dec 22:24:post reply

quote:
but I meant religion should not be brought up period (same with politics).

Videogame board:

Here's 4 reasons why this Judaism sucks:
Here's why you should come to my Bible study class:
Here's something interesting about this religion:(careful not to cause the above two)
What do you want for Christmas:
Here is a sexy character in a skimpy Santa outfit:

or something like that
edit: the 2nd & 3rd ones aren't that bad just the possible flame war would be annoying, thought 2 might be odd for a game board..

[this message was edited by Lupin on Sat 25 Dec 21:21]

EddyT
380th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(9):Christmas is alright." , posted Sat 25 Dec 19:54post reply

I have worked retail a majority of my life, so it is always stressful this time of year for me. But I got MGS3 for Christmas, so I guess it isn't such a bad holiday after all.