Jump Superstars - Thread 2 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (3806 Views )

Santoryuu
10th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Customer

"Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Wed 15 Dec 05:23post reply

A little recap on what's been revealed for it so far (for those who missed anything):

Characters:

Dragonball Z: Goku, Gohan, Vegeta
Naruto: Naruto, Sasuke, Rock Lee
One Piece: Luffy, Zoro, Chopper
Ichigo 100%: Aya
Boobobo: Boobobo
Death Note: Raito
Eyshield 21: Sena

System:

Not much's been found out, but so far the bottom screen seems to store your items during battle, as well as showing some manga-style discussions between the characters.

More details will be revealed up in the upcoming Jump Festa next Saturday and Sunday.

Replies:

Just a Person
678th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Wed 15 Dec 08:40post reply

quote:
A little recap on what's been revealed for it so far (for those who missed anything):

Characters:

Dragonball Z: Goku, Gohan, Vegeta
Naruto: Naruto, Sasuke, Rock Lee
One Piece: Luffy, Zoro, Chopper
Ichigo 100%: Aya
Boobobo: Boobobo
Death Note: Raito
Eyshield 21: Sena

System:

Not much's been found out, but so far the bottom screen seems to store your items during battle, as well as showing some manga-style discussions between the characters.

More details will be revealed up in the upcoming Jump Festa next Saturday and Sunday.

First of all, thanks for bringing this info back!! I didn't remember the names of the most recently confirmed characters.
Now you guys may find this weird, but the only character from these 13 that I know is Goku! Sure, I've heard of Naruto and One Piece, but I never had enough interest (and cash) to buy these mangas.
I'm glad we already have a girl in the roster (even though I have no idea of who is Aya Toujou and if she really fights in her manga). But who are Boobobo and Raito? I have no idea of who they are...
Anyway, I'm already expecting for more characters to be confirmed. They could add more characters from series that are known in Brazil (Saint Seiya, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Shaman King, Yu-Gi-Oh!...)... but if Kurama is added to the roster, I'm already glad!

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Pollyanna
643th Post

"Re(2):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Wed 15 Dec 08:49post reply

quote:
I'm glad we already have a girl in the roster (even though I have no idea of who is Aya Toujou and if she really fights in her manga). But who are Boobobo and Raito? I have no idea of who they are...

Aya doesn't fight. She's the generic heroine in a boy's romance manga, so she does the typical things like get her feelings hurt and accidentally show off her butt and breasts in embarrassing situations.

If you want to know about Raito, I say "look up Death Note". It's a sort of "adult" oddball title in Jump. It's a suspense story about reapers and people who have the power to kill others by writing their name in a book. Raito is the main character. He...has thrown a few punches (but he's just a normal guy, so he can't really fight), but in the game, it looks like he fights with Luke/Ryuk, his reaper.

Bobobo is from...erm...Bobobo Bo Bobobo (or something of that sort) which is a mind-numbing, nonsensical gag manga. Erm...it has a lot of fighting in it, though...if you want to call it that.

tenguman
48th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(3):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Thu 16 Dec 03:30:post reply

Bobobo is about a guy who fights using his nose hair against evil monks who wants to make everybody bald.

...how cool is that?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

[this message was edited by tenguman on Thu 16 Dec 03:31]

Just a Person
679th Post

"Re(3):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Thu 16 Dec 09:24post reply

quote:
Aya doesn't fight. She's the generic heroine in a boy's romance manga, so she does the typical things like get her feelings hurt and accidentally show off her butt and breasts in embarrassing situations.

If you want to know about Raito, I say "look up Death Note". It's a sort of "adult" oddball title in Jump. It's a suspense story about reapers and people who have the power to kill others by writing their name in a book. Raito is the main character. He...has thrown a few punches (but he's just a normal guy, so he can't really fight), but in the game, it looks like he fights with Luke/Ryuk, his reaper.

Bobobo is from...erm...Bobobo Bo Bobobo (or something of that sort) which is a mind-numbing, nonsensical gag manga. Erm...it has a lot of fighting in it, though...if you want to call it that.

quote:
Bobobo is about a guy who fights using his nose hair against evil monks who wants to make everybody bald.

...how cool is that?

Thanks for the info! But... if Aya doesn't fight, what kindo of attacks could she have in the game?
I would also ask about Sena, but someone already gave us some info about him (he's from a sports series, right?).

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Pollyanna
647th Post

"Re(4):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Thu 16 Dec 09:44post reply

Maybe Aya will just do girly things and incidentally hit you. (or slap or nonsense like that) As I said before, she should probably show off her panties in one way or another.

Sena is from a football manga. He's a short, sort of timid kid, but he's really good at running. The football team at his school recruits him because of this, but his identity is hidden when he plays. Since he has a "shield" on his facemask, he's known as Eyeshield 21.

Eyeshield is a really excellent manga. The art is both detailed and expressive, moving from super cartoony to nearly photorealistic at times. The story isn't especially original (typical shounen stuff), but it's really fun and touching all the same.

HAYATO
114th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Thu 16 Dec 18:31post reply

quote:

...how cool is that?

None, if you are sane (well, I guess...).

Sano
1337th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(5):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Fri 17 Dec 02:41post reply

Man, I knew Sagara Sanosuke didn't have a chance... So it's only Mangas that are currently running in Shonen Jump 'Japan' except for Dragon Ball Z?

tenguman
50th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Fri 17 Dec 03:06post reply

quote:
Man, I knew Sagara Sanosuke didn't have a chance... So it's only Mangas that are currently running in Shonen Jump 'Japan' except for Dragon Ball Z?

That's pretty much the idea.
If only they put Oozora Tsubasa or Hyuga Kojirou in the game...*sigh*

BTW, Bobobo is a lot of fun, really. The only thing funnier than it is Fusikai Ryu's Sakuratetsu Taiwahen.

Hum, Taikoubou would be nice too...

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

HAYATO
118th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Fri 17 Dec 07:33post reply

quote:

BTW, Bobobo is a lot of fun, really. The only thing funnier than it is Fusikai Ryu's Sakuratetsu Taiwahen.

Hum, Taikoubou would be nice too...

There's nothing better than a paralytic jockey riding a horse. He and Zeppelie have to be in the game!!

GO-GO, Johnny Joestar!!!

GrandC
8th Post

New Customer

"official site" , posted Fri 17 Dec 13:25post reply

Yup, any official site about this?

tenguman
52th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):official site" , posted Fri 17 Dec 23:48post reply

quote:
Yup, any official site about this?

Not yet.
We'll see something like that only after Jump Festa, I guess.

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Santoryuu
14th Post

New Customer

"IGN First Impressions" , posted Mon 20 Dec 21:08post reply

Link Here

That 'Battle Card' system sounds bizzare, but innovative. Let's see how this works in the final version. Sounds good so far.

GekigangerV
1017th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):IGN First Impressions" , posted Tue 21 Dec 00:59post reply

quote:
Link Here

That 'Battle Card' system sounds bizzare, but innovative. Let's see how this works in the final version. Sounds good so far.

Sounds . . . different, but cool. Does anyone know if it is easy to play import games on the DS?

Magus Darkstar
236th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):IGN First Impressions" , posted Tue 21 Dec 03:05post reply

quote:
Does anyone know if it is easy to play import games on the DS?

It depends.

Is simply sticking the game in and pressing power too hard?

Because that's all you have to do.

| Darkstar Okonomiyaki | Mitsuketa! Japanese Lyrics |

Pollyanna
667th Post

"Re(3):IGN First Impressions" , posted Tue 21 Dec 06:57post reply

I was hoping for some...more interesting news after the Jump Festa, but at leastthey didn't announce that the rest of the cast is all from Survibee and Prince of Tennis.

Baines
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(3):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Tue 21 Dec 09:56post reply

quote:
Raito is the main character. He...has thrown a few punches (but he's just a normal guy, so he can't really fight), but in the game, it looks like he fights with Luke/Ryuk, his reaper.

The mangaka has supposedly said the English spelling is Light, not Raito. And though Ryuuku is a reaper, he doesn't actually do anything physical in the manga except eat apples. Writing in the notebook is what kills people.

Pollyanna
669th Post

"Re(4):Jump Superstars - Thread 2" , posted Tue 21 Dec 15:56post reply

quote:

The mangaka has supposedly said the English spelling is Light, not Raito. And though Ryuuku is a reaper, he doesn't actually do anything physical in the manga except eat apples. Writing in the notebook is what kills people.

Yeah, in the character description page, it's "Light" and "Ryuk", which makes about as much sense as Homer from Eyeshield being listed as "Hormer".