Kishidan (from evacuation board) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1745 Views )

IkariDC
207th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"Kishidan (from evacuation board)" , posted Wed 15 Dec 04:44post reply

Hey Pollianna, if you wish to continue with our conversation from the evacuation board, this is what I posted:

Shiosai no Komori Uta!! I just love that one! So powerfull and beatiful, half vocal and half instrumental! Do you know if when they say ララバイ they mean lullaby 子守唄?

My favourites on Boy's Color are the first two, 330 and 朝がくる度, but I love the album overall, more than 'Too Fast to Live too Young to Die'. Swinging Nippon and Kira Kira are pure gold (my favourite PVs too), as well as Peter Pan Express and Abayo Kurejyu Takuto, Baby (I don't have the title in japanese in hand). I just don't like some of the other tracks as much as the ones in Boy's Color.

About 1/6 Lonely Night, it sure feels kind of old, but there are some nice songs, among them, Kuroi Taiyô is my favourite. I also listened to their indie album 房総与太郎路薫狼琉. If you didn't like 1/6 Lonely Night, don't bother with this one.

You MUST see Kisarazu Global Comunnication. You thought they couln't dance? They just DON'T stop doing crazy jumps and dances while singing! The DVD is 3 hours long, when you think it's going to finish, they come with more and more! It's just too awesome!

Replies:

HAYATO
92th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Kishidan (from evacuation board)" , posted Wed 15 Dec 06:56post reply

quote:
Hey Pollianna, if you wish to continue with our conversation from the evacuation board, this is what I posted:

Shiosai no Komori Uta!! I just love that one! So powerfull and beatiful, half vocal and half instrumental! Do you know if when they say ララバイ they mean lullaby 子守唄?

My favourites on Boy's Color are the first two, 330 and 朝がくる度, but I love the album overall, more than 'Too Fast to Live too Young to Die'. Swinging Nippon and Kira Kira are pure gold (my favourite PVs too), as well as Peter Pan Express and Abayo Kurejyu Takuto, Baby (I don't have the title in japanese in hand). I just don't like some of the other tracks as much as the ones in Boy's Color.

About 1/6 Lonely Night, it sure feels kind of old, but there are some nice songs, among them, Kuroi Taiyô is my favourite. I also listened to their indie album 房総与太郎路薫狼琉. If you didn't like 1/6 Lonely Night, don't bother with this one.

You MUST see Kisarazu Global Comunnication. You thought they couln't dance? They just DON'T stop doing crazy jumps and dances while singing! The DVD is 3 hours long, when you think it's going to finish, they come with more and more! It's just too awesome!

I don't know what are you talking about, but I had to tell you I love those Munching Josukes from your avatar. And that sig...it slightly reminds me of another one's...

Pollyanna
641th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Kishidan (from evacuation board)" , posted Wed 15 Dec 08:39post reply

quote:

I don't know what are you talking about, but I had to tell you I love those Munching Josukes from your avatar. And that sig...it slightly reminds me of another one's...

Hahaha! Josukes! Riiiiight. Look up Kishidan. You'll be pleasantly surprised, I think.

Anyway, I have a roomate that's crazy about Kishidan and he likes their older stuff, so I guess it's just me. Kuroi Taiyou isn't a bad song, it's just that it, along with all their older stuff, just doesn't seem as...erm..."refined?" or "Skilled" or something. Well, what I mean is that I feel like they're getting better and perfecting their sound. I can say that about a lot of bands though and I can still listen to their indies stuff, so in this case, I think I'm just biased.

I liked "Too Fast to Live Too Young to Die" best because it rocked a little harder, had a bit more energy (in my opinion) and sounded more refined. Ironically, though...I think their latest(?) single is sort of irritating.

I'll check out the DVD when I have the chance. I've seen bits of their lives before, but never anything long. It amazes me how they keep going for so long. I think I'd die from heat stroke dancing like that in those costumes. I almost die from heat stroke dancing and singing in shorts and a T-shirt.

Ah, it's amazing that they can keep their hair intact, too. I remember seeing some guys in Yoyogi park that were like...yankee greasers and they brought a portable energy source to power their blowdryers to fix their hair after every few dances.

IkariDC
210th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Kishidan (from evacuation board)" , posted Thu 16 Dec 06:33post reply

quote:

Oh, let me tell you that you've seen them in action. And you also said the same thing "Look! He's like Josuke!". Yes, it was last friday or saturday, on that Salon del Comic de Getxo. I was in the stand of Motsukora, and I was putting some Kishidan videos on the computer.

It was funny to watch the face of the people attending the event as they were passing by the monitor. They walked slowlier, trying to figure wtf was going on, leaving the place puzzled and clueless.

And yeah, I made the signature with that purpose.

quote:

Ah, it's amazing that they can keep their hair intact, too. I remember seeing some guys in Yoyogi park that were like...yankee greasers and they brought a portable energy source to power their blowdryers to fix their hair after every few dances.

That seems to be really funny!

I don't like too much the song Zoku (baseball PV) but the PV is just awesome. I hate both the song and the PV of the other "new" track. Yes, that wedding PV. Usually the songs that become PV and are released as singles are the best from the forthcoming album. I hope it's the other way around.

HAYATO
109th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Kishidan (from evacuation board)" , posted Thu 16 Dec 06:49post reply

But...all this hair is theirs!!!?? I thought they were some kind of wigs or such...really amazing (and enviable )