TGS MMCafe Meetup? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1506 Views )
nobinobita
1900th Post

user profileedit/delete message
Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"TGS 2019 - MMCafe Meetup?" , posted Tue 3 Sep 14:16:post reply

I'll be going to the Tokyo Game Show this year! Doing business matching stuff on Thursday and Friday. I will probably go for the public show on Saturday/Sunday too. Any other cafe members in town? Let's meet up!

2019 Tokyo Game Show will begin on:
Thursday, September 12

and ends on:
Sunday, September 15

I'll be representing my company, Bit Egg. We are an indie game dev studio based out of Thailand. We also do a ton of outsourcing (mostly 2d/Spine and 3d animation for games) to keep our runway long. We've worked on some really cool projects like Indivisible! We created over 340 characters for that beautiful game! If you're interested in learning about the Indie Dev scene in South East Asia I'd be happy to talk your ear off!

Outside of business, of course I have a huge vested personal interest in attending TGS too! I've been reading about the event my whole life, but this'll be my first time actually attending.

Even if you don't plan on attending, lemme know which companies/games you're most excited for. Maybe I can go check up on them for ya!

Professor! You'll be around right? :D
We don't necessarily have to meet up at TGS, I'd be super happy just grabbing a meal or a drink somewhere with you fine folks and just having a nice conversation.

Let's hang out soon!

PS I have a bunch of extra passes on hand. I'd be happy to share them with anyone that wants to go. You could even bring a friend or two! Let me know ASAP.

www.art-eater.com

[this message was edited by nobinobita on Tue 3 Sep 14:25]

Replies:

Professor
5698th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(1):TGS 2019 - MMCafe Meetup?" , posted Tue 3 Sep 18:08post reply

quote:
We don't necessarily have to meet up at TGS, I'd be super happy just grabbing a meal or a drink somewhere with you fine folks and just having a nice conversation.

Yes! Let's grab some tea or coffee in Shinjuku. Actually it might be best if you clarify for others the period you'll be in the city!

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):TGS 2019 - MMCafe Meetup?" , posted Tue 3 Sep 19:10post reply

quote:

Yes! Let's grab some tea or coffee in Shinjuku. Actually it might be best if you clarify for others the period you'll be in the city!

I'll be at TGS on the 12th with a lot of free time on my hands, so I'll make sure to drop by Bit Egg's booth and say hello! It would be awesome if we could hang around the city too after the event is over. Lots of good food and booze to be had in Tokyo, I tell you.

A Talking about Japanese History sword in hand
nobinobita
1900th Post

"Re(3):TGS 2019 - MMCafe Meetup?" , posted Mon 9 Sep 04:25post reply

quote:

I'll be at TGS on the 12th with a lot of free time on my hands, so I'll make sure to drop by Bit Egg's booth and say hello! It would be awesome if we could hang around the city too after the event is over. Lots of good food and booze to be had in Tokyo, I tell you.

Look forward to seeing ya! My company wont have a booth, just there for business matching on Thursday and Friday. I'll be going to the public event on Sunday with some friends. I might go Saturday too if folks are up for it.

Here's my tentative schedule:

Weds, September 11, 2019 - Arrive in Japan. Free for dinner.
Thurs, business matching at TGS. Free in the evening.
Friday, same as above
Saturday, Free day.
Sunday, attend TGS morning to afternoon. Free in evening.
Monday, free day
Tuesday, fly back to Thailand

Cafe folks, let me know if you'd like to meet up! If you know anyone that needs tickets to TGS id be happy to share.

Also please let me know what you're looking forward to at TGS!

www.art-eater.com

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 10:33post reply

quote:

Yes! Let's grab some tea or coffee in Shinjuku.

This is the first thing that came to mind when thinking about the latest meeting in Tokyo among cafers.

KTallguy
1562th Post

PSN: KTallguy
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: KTallguy
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 14:25post reply

I'd love to join if that's OK.
Please LINE me! Professor has my contact info. :)

I can do Thursday or Friday, whatever works for you guys. Just let me know when you decide.

nobinobita
1903th Post

"Re(4):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 15:05post reply

quote:

I can do Thursday or Friday, whatever works for you guys. Just let me know when you decide.

Sweeeeet! Will do! See you soon! (I'm guessing Friday will be easier for everyone to meetup, since hopefully no one will have to wake up early on Saturday)

www.art-eater.com
Professor
5701th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 16:16:post reply

quote:

Sweeeeet! Will do! See you soon! (I'm guessing Friday will be easier for everyone to meetup, since hopefully no one will have to wake up early on Saturday)

Gotcha, I'll pass on your contact info!
My schedule around that period is a bit wonky so I'll probby be meeting nobi on Wed evening for some tea. If I can make it out some other time too I'll try but not solid on it given evenings are very hard for me !

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 9 Sep 16:17]

"Re(6):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 17:58post reply

I'll only be at TGS on Thursday, but should be available Friday night or any other time during the weekend around Tokyo! Since Professor has our LINE addresses, perhaps we could create a LINE group to talk the details?

Professor
5701th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(7):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 19:08post reply

quote:
Since Professor has our LINE addresses, perhaps we could create a LINE group to talk the details?

Done and done! Btw my touchpad is a bit wonky so sorry if I type some weird stuff at times.

sibarraz
746th Post

PSN: DefensorVirtuoso
XBL: Sibarraz4Life
Wii: SW-0240-1091-7555(SWITCH)
STM: Sibarraz
CFN: VirtuaDefender
Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(8):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 23:06post reply

I'm planning to go to Japan after the Olympic games, I hope to be able to meet some people from here

PSN: zonepharaoh
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(8):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 23:18post reply

quote:
Btw my touchpad is a bit wonky so sorry if I type some weird stuff at times.
Ah, you’ve found my favorite excuse for “accidental” ransom notes, announcements of Lupin-style heists to the owners of fabulous treasures, and invitations to share pension and credit card details with me!

Uh, anyway, have fun! It’s sure to be more of a Shinjuku Event than a Shinjuku Incident.

...if Krispie Kreme Shinjuku Southern Terrace used to serve as the real-life Cafe, does that make TGS the equivalent of the real-life Cafe home goods store?!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
Professor
5703th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(9):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Mon 9 Sep 23:41:post reply

quote:
...if Krispie Kreme Shinjuku Southern Terrace used to serve as the real-life Cafe, does that make TGS the equivalent of the real-life Cafe home goods store?!

Interesting that you say that, as I was just discussing with Maese the other day about how the shop right across our beloved but begone hangout is going to become a lobster/egg cuisine/bakery eat-in. Ergo it might just end up becoming our new hangout, too... hopefully their air conditioning works this time around, though.

Sibarraz-- Good idea, as the Olympics period itself will be crazy and worth avoiding. Please feel free to post up a heads-up when the time comes.

[this message was edited by Professor on Mon 9 Sep 23:44]

nobinobita
1904th Post

"Re(9):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Wed 11 Sep 04:50post reply

quote:
Btw my touchpad is a bit wonky so sorry if I type some weird stuff at times. Ah, you’ve found my favorite excuse for “accidental” ransom notes, announcements of Lupin-style heists to the owners of fabulous treasures, and invitations to share pension and credit card details with me!

Uh, anyway, have fun! It’s sure to be more of a Shinjuku Event than a Shinjuku Incident.

Maaaaaaaoooouuuuu are you perchance in Japan? Ive been holding on to a little something that I've been meaning to pass on to you. If you're elsewhere could you please email me your location so I can send said really really cool thing to you?

www.art-eater.com

PSN: zonepharaoh
CFN: zonepharaoh

"Re(10):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Wed 11 Sep 04:56post reply

quote:
Maaaaaaaoooouuuuu are you perchance in Japan? Ive been holding on to a little something that I've been meaning to pass on to you. If you're elsewhere could you please email me your location so I can send said really really cool thing to you?

I might be soon, but not in time for TGS. I'll send you a note...is your old e-mail still right? If so, I still need an answer for how to prepare dragon fruit!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
nobinobita
1905th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Wed 11 Sep 05:57post reply

quote:
I might be soon, but not in time for TGS. I'll send you a note...is your old e-mail still right? If so, I still need an answer for how to prepare dragon fruit!

(^___^ !!)

I uh ... I have been really bad about checking my personal email these last few years. Really sorry about that! I'll get back to ya soon!

www.art-eater.com

PSN: robotchris
XBL: robotchris
Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):TGS 2019 - MMCafe Meetup?" , posted Sat 14 Sep 08:58post reply

quote:
I'll be going to the Tokyo Game Show this year! Doing business matching stuff on Thursday and Friday. I will probably go for the public show on Saturday/Sunday too. Any other cafe members in town? Let's meet up!

This sounds like quite an epic meetup! Earlier in the year I had very seriously planned to attend TGS, but instead the year went very differently and I moved to a new city instead!

Just imagine I’ll be there in spirit! And someone manage to drink too much at Muteki Mario for me or something!

You have to carefully reproduce the world of "Castlevania" in the solemn atmosphere.
Red Falcon
6244th Post

PSN: beatolover
XBL: Dead
Wii: Dead
STM: bugrom1067
CFN: rugalbgood

"Re(3):Re(10):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Sat 14 Sep 12:52post reply

Oh wow, people are here. I'm busy until the 20th and won't be able to make it down to Tokyo, otherwise I'd be down for popping out too... next time, I guess, unless people are around on the 20th still.

Professor
5705th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(4):Re(10):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Sat 14 Sep 16:35post reply

quote:
Oh wow, people are here. I'm busy until the 20th and won't be able to make it down to Tokyo, otherwise I'd be down for popping out too... next time, I guess, unless people are around on the 20th still.

I met up with Nobi but not the rest of the gang unfortunately due to my schedule. We'll probably be having another locals' meetup somewhere soon-ish after you're good. Will keep you updated!

KTallguy
1564th Post

PSN: KTallguy
STM: KTallguy
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Re(10):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Tue 17 Sep 12:17post reply

Nobi, just wanted to say it was nice meeting you and your brother. Maese, was also very nice meeting you, finally! Was the gentleman from Bandai Namco also a cafe regular?

My coworker seemed to have a lot of fun arguing about what Gundam was the strongest :) And the beer was on point.

Glad that I was able to make the timing work. Hope you all travel safely.

Professor, happy to do another meetup sometime!

"Re(4):Re(10):TGS 2019 - MMCafe incident" , posted Tue 17 Sep 13:44:post reply

quote:
Nobi, just wanted to say it was nice meeting you and your brother. Maese, was also very nice meeting you, finally! Was the gentleman from Bandai Namco also a cafe regular?

My coworker seemed to have a lot of fun arguing about what Gundam was the strongest :) And the beer was on point.

Glad that I was able to make the timing work. Hope you all travel safely.

Professor, happy to do another meetup sometime!

It was such a bliss to get to share a drink with you, gentlemen! Well, it was more than just one drink, specially at the after party with the Nobi bros, ha ha ha. It's been a really hectic weekend for me, but I'd loved to be able to spend some more time with you two, Gallant Brothers, while you were in Tokyo. Oh well, there will be more chances, be it here or in Thailand, I'm sure. Bon voyage and see you again, since the Net is vast and infinite.

As for the rest of the Tokyo gang (Professor, KTall, etc.), let's arrange another meeting around Shinjuku anytime soon!

[this message was edited by Maese on Tue 17 Sep 15:37]