Tourney.Traveling thread 2019 - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message (1546 Views )
justicekyo
740th Post

user profileedit/delete message
Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sat 1 Jun 05:31post reply

Well, It's been a while. I guess you could say I kind of -forgot- my log in. XD;;

Anyway, It seems like I'm out of retirement(again). Been traveling a lot for events, and the next one is easy, since it's a local. I'll be at Defend the North 2019 in July. Anyone else travel to events?

Replies:

PSN: zonepharaoh
XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: zonepharaoh
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sat 1 Jun 12:09post reply

Woah! It's justicekyo! Welcome back---these tourneys are out of my reach, but as per the other thread I hope you'll report on the ones you visit/narrate in this this thread. Who knows, maybe I'll finally be able to understand SNK games like everyone else at the Cafe!

人間はいつも私を驚かせてくれる。不思議なものだな、人間という存在は...
justicekyo
743th Post

"Re(2):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sat 1 Jun 12:38post reply

quote:
Woah! It's justicekyo! Welcome back---these tourneys are out of my reach, but as per the other thread I hope you'll report on the ones you visit/narrate in this this thread. Who knows, maybe I'll finally be able to understand SNK games like everyone else at the Cafe!

Thanks for the welcome back! I'll do my best on that request!

KTallguy
1543th Post

PSN: KTallguy
STM: KTallguy
CFN: n/a
Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sat 1 Jun 17:49post reply

Welcome back! I miss the days of being able to practice fighting games a lottttt and still do badly at tournaments.

Some kind of tournament journal would be awesome to read, but no pressure. Are you focusing on a specific game?

neo0r0chiaku
485th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
Gold Customer

"Re(3):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sat 1 Jun 23:47post reply

quote:

Would love to attend these type of events. Wish they are more in smaller type of events and not in bigger events like MagFest. Where is a good resource to find tourneys like these for the year?

Long Live I AM!
justicekyo
744th Post

"Re(4):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sun 2 Jun 06:52post reply

quote:

Would love to attend these type of events. Wish they are more in smaller type of events and not in bigger events like MagFest. Where is a good resource to find tourneys like these for the year?

There's the tournament calendar page on SRK, and some other resources like orochinagi(I believe they still share dates and stuff too) as well as a few others I can't recall off hand. PunchKickblock(on facebook) does local stuff for NYC. I'll have to get a larger list

justicekyo
745th Post

"Re(4):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sun 2 Jun 06:54post reply

quote:
Welcome back! I miss the days of being able to practice fighting games a lottttt and still do badly at tournaments.

Some kind of tournament journal would be awesome to read, but no pressure. Are you focusing on a specific game?

Forgot to add my reply to the other post. Ops.

well, I've cut down on stuff, I'm generally putting Focus on SNK games(KOF, SS) VF, retro tourneys; and I may play Gran Blue Versus. I generally liked the beta for it.

Professor
5650th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(5):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sat 8 Jun 17:14post reply

quote:
well, I've cut down on stuff, I'm generally putting Focus on SNK games(KOF, SS) VF, retro tourneys; and I may play Gran Blue Versus. I generally liked the beta for it.

Welcome back to the MMCafe BBS, JusticeKyo!
Great to hear you've been active in the fighting game scene.
On a side note, we have international "lagfest" getogethers via online every now and then with MMCafe members-- most recently was SFV about 2 weeks ago. I think we'll have a bit of them when GBVS comes out, especially since its netcode seems quite acceptable. So feel free to join if you're up to them!

"Re(6):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sun 9 Jun 04:34post reply

quote:

On a side note, we have international "lagfest" getogethers via online every now and then with MMCafe members-- most recently was SFV about 2 weeks ago. I think we'll have a bit of them when GBVS comes out, especially since its netcode seems quite acceptable. So feel free to join if you're up to them!

I'm looking forward to hearing about JusticeKyo's traveling adventures. Do post when you will be commenting events, too!

Now that I'm in LA, I imagine I could attend some events... but I haven't even got a joystick with me here!

justicekyo
746th Post

"Re(6):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Sun 9 Jun 08:40post reply

quote:

@professor:Sure thing! I do need more stuff to do while at home! and thanks for the welcome!

@Spoon: I would love to do that again myself, so I'll keep you posted on it!

PSN: SeizyaStarlight
STM: n/a

"Yamamaya" , posted Tue 11 Jun 19:21post reply

I'm surprised you didn't go "Hero eburiinyan! Hau aa yuu? Fain. Sankyuu."

(Everyone else: we often text to each other.)

justicekyo
747th Post

"Re(1):Tourney.Traveling thread 2019" , posted Wed 3 Jul 02:41post reply

Well, I may have missed some of the tourneys at DNT I wanted to enter. The entrance cap got hit. 64 max. =\ but there's always other events I can write about. Some retro-cons coming up, so I'll be writing about those as well!