XBL: n/a
Wii: n/a
STM: n/a
CFN: n/a
Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Sun 2 Aug 05:18:post reply

Some mysterious city

Winners

2017 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai (“GD”/“KoF”), Yuri (“RnK”/“KoF”) and Fuu (“Magic Knights Rayearth”) - I, 1, 2, B/F

2018 - Just a Person - Evil Teddies Team: Monokuma ("Danganronpa"), Shadow Teddie ("Persona") and WaruMonzaemon ("Digimon") - I, 1, 2, B/F

2019 - neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team: Alucard X 3 ("Gunbird", "Dracula"/"Castlevania" and "Hellsing") - I, 1, 2, B/F

Welcome to "King of Fighters 2020 Cafe Special"! The tournament will start in a week plus. The Alucard trio's back to defend the title! Will they be able to or will there be a new trio?!

For those new to the revived tradition, like in years past, teams will be of 3 characters, and bonds are important. Unlike in years past, teams must consist of 2 game characters and 1 anime/manga/light novel/commercial character or vice versa. You can't have the usual "Ikari"/Brazil team of Heidern, Ralf and Clark, but you can have Ralf, Clark and "Read or's" Drake as your military team. No god characters are allowed. So, no Goku, Mahoro and the like.

After deciding your team, pick a slot number that's still left. That number will be your tournament position. If you want to stay away from the champs in round 1, pick any number other than 8. Otherwise, pick 8 if you want to take them on.

Only one rule change this year. Now, because last year's runner-ups were randomly selected, all 3 go back into the villain pool. Unfortunately, like last year, they can't be helped by the tie breaker. So, they must have a +1 on votes to force a tie.

Have questions? Ask away. Oh, if the slots are full, and you want in, you can have my slot. Just remember that you can't have Mai, Yuri or Fuu on your team.

1 - neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team: Alucard X 3 ("Gunbird", "Dracula"/"Castlevania" and "Hellsing". (^_^)

2 - Konami, SNK and Sunrise - 2020 Random Select Boss Team: Big Boss ("Metal Gear"), Rugal (“KoF”) and Vicious ("Cowboy Bebop"). (^_^)

3 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai (“GD”/“KoF”), Yuri (“RnK”/“KoF”) and Fuu (“Magic Knights Rayearth”). (^_^)

4 - Justice Kyo - Bamco Heroines Team:
Faye ("Cowboy Bebop"), Ritsuko and Makoto ("The Idolmaster"). (^_^)

5 - -

6 - Neo Ryu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("Dead or Alive") and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"). (^_^)

7 - -

8 - -

[this message was edited by Seizya on Mon 3 Aug 05:31]

Replies:

user profileedit/delete message
PSN: SeizyaStarlight

"Re(1):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 02:32:post reply

1 - neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team: Alucard X 3 ("Gunbird", "Dracula"/"Castlevania" and "Hellsing"). (^_^)

2 - Konami, SNK and Sunrise - 2020 Random Select Boss Team: Big Boss ("Metal Gear"), Rugal (“KoF”) and Vicious ("Cowboy Bebop"). (^_^)

3 - Seizya - Japanese Heroines Team: Mai (“GD”/“KoF”), Yuri (“RnK”/“KoF”) and Fuu (“Magic Knights Rayearth”). (^_^)

5 - -

6 - Neo Ryu - Kawasumi Ayako-san Team: Hinako ("KoF"), Kokoro ("Dead or Alive") and Fuu ("Samurai Champloo"). (^_^)

7 - -

8 - -

Standby

- Private Fighting Academy Team - Sakura ("SF"/various), Hinata ("JG") and Maron/Jeanne ("Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne") (^_^)

- Fan submission, Cyriades - Fatal Step Team: Ippo ("Hajime no Ippo"), Terry and Andy ("GD"/"KoF"). (^_^)

- A random select female boss team

For the first time ever, there's a fan submission! ("1997" had polls back then.) All is right again, as the Bogards are finally in! Yay!

If you don't want a standby team in, make your team while there's still time! Oh. My youngest brother has retired from making teams by the way.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Mon 3 Aug 06:51]

Lord SNK
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 04:21post reply

Probably you should review how this tournament works to engage more cafe members somehow. There are already 6 out of 8 slots filled, mostly old/returning teams and a fan submission (from who? when? where?).
It could be nice to link also to the previous editions threads if someone is able to find the correct links.

Meanwhile, here is my submission: Kirby (Hoshi no Kirby), Chobin (Hoshi no ko Chobin), Barbapapa (Barbapapa).
The blob from "A boy and his blob" said it was available as a striker if needed.

I don't have a funny name for the team, I accept suggestions.

"Re(3):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 05:11post reply

quote:
Probably you should review how this tournament works to engage more cafe members somehow. There are already 6 out of 8 slots filled, mostly old/returning teams and a fan submission (from who? when? where?).
It could be nice to link also to the previous editions threads if someone is able to find the correct links.

Meanwhile, here is my submission: Kirby (Hoshi no Kirby), Chobin (Hoshi no ko Chobin), Barbapapa (Barbapapa).
The blob from "A boy and his blob" said it was available as a striker if needed.

I don't have a funny name for the team, I accept suggestions.

True, the submission is a panic move. That'll be fixed if I can get enough people to jump in. I can live with the same teams though. I mean, you can't imagine "KoF" without Kyou, Benimaru and Daimon for example, can you? So, the teams from Justice Kyo, Neo Ryu and myself are the Hero/staple teams. Of course, the winners and runner-ups stay.

I don't know if I can find all of the old tournament links, but I'll try. If I do, I'll place the links up. Still surprising that only the original tournament has an actual "KoF" character as a winner. Figured that more than 1 would be the case, but no.

Lord SNK
459th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 05:32:post reply

quote:

True, the submission is a panic move. That'll be fixed if I can get enough people to jump in. I can live with the same teams though. I mean, you can't imagine "KoF" without Kyou, Benimaru and Daimon for example, can you? So, the teams from Justice Kyo, Neo Ryu and myself are the Hero/staple teams. Of course, the winners and runner-ups stay.

You are right, more than 8 slots could be a solution?

quote:

I don't know if I can find all of the old tournament links, but I'll try. If I do, I'll place the links up. Still surprising that only the original tournament has an actual "KoF" character as a winner. Figured that more than 1 would be the case, but no.

Sometimes I think some thread is not indexed / searchable for strange reasons, I'm sure of a keyword I wrote in one of the previous threads but according to google it doesn't exists.

About KOF characters, I'm not surprised, we all like strange things.

[this message was edited by Lord SNK on Mon 3 Aug 05:33]

"Re(5):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 06:31:post reply

Do you care about your slot, as this determines The Mascot Team's first round opponent?

quote:
You are right, more than 8 slots could be a solution?

As much as I want to do this, the two reasons why I only get 8 teams in? One, the original "KoF" started with 8, and two, it's a struggle for people to get the 8 in, as I'm forced to input a second team, which I try not to do. If I go more than 8, multiple teams will have a bye unless I flat out get 16 or 32 teams exactly, and that will not be fair for every team that doesn't get one.

quote:
Sometimes I think some thread is not indexed / searchable for strange reasons, I'm sure of a keyword I wrote in one of the previous threads but according to google it doesn't exists.

About KOF characters, I'm not surprised, we all like strange things.

The search bar's acting wonky. I figured that 2 of the 3 teams would get a "KoF" character, as all of us want our favorite characters to win a "KoF" tournament. I really want to see Athena win one of these tournaments, but until Mai, Yuri and Fuu stop medaling on a consistent basis, I'm riding with them.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Mon 3 Aug 06:52]

Just a Person
2226th Post

"Re(6):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 10:50:post reply

I tried to think of a team for this year, but didn't have any ideas...

Also, the Evil Teddies won't participate this year, as they're still sewing themselves after they tore each other apart last year (but they're fine... which is actually bad for the entire humanity, I guess). This should allow more newcomer teams to join this year's tournament.

Maybe I'm this person right in front of you... nah probably not though.

[this message was edited by Just a Person on Mon 3 Aug 10:54]

"Re(7):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 11:57post reply

quote:

Also, the Evil Teddies won't participate this year, as they're still sewing themselves after they tore each other apart last year (but they're fine... which is actually bad for the entire humanity, I guess). This should allow more newcomer teams to join this year's tournament.

What about your "MvC" team?

Lord SNK
459th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 16:51post reply

quote:
Do you care about your slot, as this determines The Mascot Team's first round opponent?

I hit the random select button

Just a Person
2226th Post

"Re(8):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 20:25post reply

quote:

What about your "MvC" team?

Yeah, I realized it wasn't very interesting...

I am considering to enter a Toriyama-based team, but I'm still deciding who will be the team members. If the bracket is completed before they are defined, it's okay, I'll keep them for next year.

"Re(9):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 22:43:post reply

1 - neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team: Alucard X 3 ("Gunbird", "Dracula"/"Castlevania" and "Hellsing". (^_^)

5 - Lord SNK - Mascots Team: Kirby ("Hoshi no Kirby"), Chobin ("Hoshi no Ko Chobin") and Barbapapa ("Barbapapa"). (^_^)

7 - -

8 - -

quote:
I hit the random select button

I don't think you're able to actually do this in a reality "KoF" or any other fighting game for that matter, but here, I make things happen. The Mascots Team faces the 2017 runner-ups in the first round.

quote:
Yeah, I realized it wasn't very interesting...

I am considering to enter a Toriyama-based team, but I'm still deciding who will be the team members. If the bracket is completed before they are defined, it's okay, I'll keep them for next year.

At the top of my head, I have Videl, Mary--I mean 18 and Jessica, but that's if I want to go the cute/sexy route. I just woke up. So, hopefully, at the end of the day, I get a better idea. If Rid were to do this, he'd have a team of Natsumi, Miyuki and Sumire or something like that for a Fujishima-sensei team. If you want to claim the idea as your own, go ahead, but pick one of the two slots left unless you want to go random select also.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Mon 3 Aug 22:45]

Just a Person
2228th Post

"Re(10):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Mon 3 Aug 23:03post reply

quote:
At the top of my head, I have Videl, Mary--I mean 18 and Jessica, but that's if I want to go the cute/sexy route. I just woke up. So, hopefully, at the end of the day, I get a better idea. If Rid were to do this, he'd have a team of Natsumi, Miyuki and Sumire or something like that for a Fujishima-sensei team. If you want to claim the idea as your own, go ahead, but pick one of the two slots left unless you want to go random select also.

Well, if there's no problem, the team would be:

Toriyama's Traveler Trio - Chrono (Chrono Trigger), Epon (Tobal), Pilaf Machine (Dragon Ball; that's the mecha piloted by Pilaf, Shu and Mai)

And yes, I kinda cheated to fit five characters in the team... but the referee may decide that only one character should pilot the mecha; in that case, Pilaf takes the job, while Shu and Mai act as his cheerleaders on the sidelines.

neo0r0chiaku
582th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):Re(10):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Tue 4 Aug 03:11post reply

quote:

Toriyama's Traveler Trio - Chrono (Chrono Trigger), Epon (Tobal), Pilaf Machine (Dragon Ball; that's the mecha piloted by Pilaf, Shu and Mai)

And yes, I kinda cheated to fit five characters in the team... but the referee may decide that only one character should pilot the mecha; in that case, Pilaf takes the job, while Shu and Mai act as his cheerleaders on the sidelines.

I will change my team to a new team.
Do I feel Lucky Team
Lucky Glauber - KOF
Lucky Luke - Lucky Luke Video games
Lucky Roulette - Gun x Sword

Long Live I AM!

"Re(3):Re(10):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Tue 4 Aug 12:49post reply

quote:

I was about to type "Absolutely illegal!" until I learned that you can actually play as the machine in "Dokkan Battle". (It's true.) So, I'm okay with it. If Goku can beat the machine, so can the challengers. Pick your slot fast.

quote:
Do I feel Lucky Team
Lucky Glauber - KOF

Like I told Just a Person, pick your slot fast.

Just a Person
2229th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Tue 4 Aug 20:41post reply

quote:

I was about to type "Absolutely illegal!" until I learned that you can actually play as the machine in "Dokkan Battle". (It's true.) So, I'm okay with it. If Goku can beat the machine, so can the challengers. Pick your slot fast.

Slot 8, then!

neo0r0chiaku
583th Post

PSN: ShikyohMukuro
XBL: IAMDC1
STM: N/A
New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):Re(10):'KoF 2020 Cafe Special'" , posted Wed 5 Aug 00:02post reply

quote:

Do I feel Lucky Team
Lucky Glauber - KOF

I am replacing the champions characters with this new team.

Long Live I AM!

"Set complete" , posted Wed 5 Aug 02:26post reply

1 - neo0r0chiaku - Dormanted Destructiveness Dominance Team: Alucard X 3 ("Gunbird", "Dracula"/"Castlevania" and "Hellsing"). (^_^)

2 - Konami, SNK and Sunrise - 2020 Random Select Boss Team: Big Boss ("Metal Gear"), Rugal (“KoF”) and Vicious ("Cowboy Bebop"). (-_-)

5 - Lord SNK - Mascots Team: Kirby ("Hoshi no Kirby"), Chobin ("Hoshi no Ko Chobin") and Barbapapa ("Barbapapa"). (^_^)

7 - neo0r0chiaku - Do I feel Lucky Team: Lucky X 3 ("KoF", "Lucky Luke" and "Gun X Sword"). (`_´) X 2

8 - Just a Person - Toriyama's Traveler Trio - Chrono (Chrono Trigger), Epon (Tobal), Pilaf Machine ("Dragon Ball"). (`_´)

Wow. This is the first fantasy "KoF" I've seen w/ a negative bond, and adding on, this is the first one I've seen w/ a double negative bond. I so don't see either team getting past round 1. (Remember. You're not playing the new school "KoF" games or any other crossover fighter for that matter. You're playing the old school ones, meaning that to be blunt, bonds flat out matter. No team that has a neutral or negative state bond has moved on to the finals. I've only seen one neutral team move to Round 2, but the battle prior was an all-neutral battle.) Unless you're set, use this grace period to make changes, as I need to eat and clean before I start the tournament.

quote:

Do I feel Lucky Team
Lucky Glauber - KOF

I am replacing the champions characters with this new team.

No can do. Champs must return the following year w/ the #1 slot, remember? So, the Lucky Team must occupy slot 7 because the Toriyama-sensei Team got slot 8.

Lord SNK
460th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Set complete" , posted Wed 5 Aug 05:09post reply

quote:
Set complete

As we filled fast 8 teams, why not try to go for 16 teams?
More people could join.

"Time extension + team ideas" , posted Wed 5 Aug 09:22:post reply

2 - Konami, SNK and Sunrise - 2020 Random Select Boss Team: Big Boss ("Metal Gear"), Rugal (“KoF”) and Hisoka ("Hunter X Hunter"). (-_-) (See below for possible change.)

7 - neo0r0chiaku - Do I feel Lucky Team: Lucky X 3 ("KoF", "Lucky Luke" and "Gun X Sword"). (`_´) X 2

8 - Just a Person - Toriyama's Traveler Trio - Chrono (Chrono Trigger), Epon (Tobal), Pilaf Machine ("Dragon Ball"). (`_´)

9 - -

10 - -

11 - -

12 - -

13 - -

14 - -

15 - -

16 - -

Standbys

- Youngest brother - Philippines Heroines Team: Talim ("Soul"), Josie ("Tekken") and Sucie ("Little Witch Academia"). (^_^)

- Unknown - Wakamoto Norio-san Team: Kagato ("Tenchi"), Vicious ("Cowboy Bebop") and Igniz ("KoF").

- Unknown - Ootsuka Akio-san Team: Kurou ("Blackjack"), Solid Snake ("Metal Gear") and Hyou ("GnK").

- Unknown - Yamadera Kouichi-san Team: Kain ("Final Fantasy"), Daigo ("JG") and Spike ("Cowboy Bebop").

- Unknown - Seki Tomokazu-san Team: Stan ("Tales"), Kanji ("Persona"/"Megami Tensei") and Ichirou ("Hajime no Ippo").

- Unknown - Fujishima Kousuke-sensei Team: Mint ("Tales"), Sakura ("Sakura Taisen"), and Urd ("Ah, Megami-sama").

- Unknown - Fire Users Team: Kyou ("KoF"/various SNK games), Rekka ("Rekka no Honou") and Natsu ("Fairy Tale").

- To Be Announced Companies - Random Select Female Boss Team.

Hey all. I know I typed that if your team won, you must keep the same team, but would you like this rule and the 2nd place rule scrapped instead? neo0r0chiaku must like the Lucky team well enough to change.

quote:
Set complete

As we filled fast 8 teams, why not try to go for 16 teams?
More people could join.

Oh, okay, but no other teams join in by Saturday evening, we begin. I'll whip up fill in teams if there are holes to fill so that we don't see teams with first round byes. If a person wants to claim a set team, that's fine by me.

[this message was edited by Seizya on Wed 5 Aug 09:46]