[an error occurred while processing this directive] the Blue Ray Disk is already obsolete - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Iggy
4614th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"the Blue Ray Disk is already obsolete" , posted Tue 21 Sep 05:47post reply

Link Here
Its successor will be able to contain 8 BRD, something like 200 Go, or 20 hours of HD video.

All this is nice and all, but I would really like someone to explain me what's the use of all this.
And while we're at here, what's the use of having the PS3 using BRD when most PS2 games don't fill a single DVD?
But maybe I'm old and cranky.

Replies:

Oroch
728th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):the Blue Ray Disk is already obsolete" , posted Tue 21 Sep 05:56post reply

quote:
Link Here
Its successor will be able to contain 8 BRD, something like 200 Go, or 20 hours of HD video.

All this is nice and all, but I would really like someone to explain me what's the use of all this.
And while we're at here, what's the use of having the PS3 using BRD when most PS2 games don't fill a single DVD?

old man youre suffering from future shock

trust me, before you know it, even 8 brd wont be enough

真剣勝負

DarkZero
941th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):the Blue Ray Disk is already obsolete" , posted Tue 21 Sep 06:26post reply

quote:

The point is that the hardware will be ready for anything, so that someone doesn't come up with some new super-ultra-HD video format and Sony ends up saying, "Oh, shit! Well, I guess the PS4 will be ready for it in 2011." One of the main advantages of console systems is that they can be ready for new technology ahead of time, rather than trying to cram new techniques onto old technology the way the PC and its endless supply of CD-ROM games has to. The game developers can always scale back to the older disc technology if they want, but the newer format will be available for them.

It seems unlikely that any game will ever need four BRDs, but then again, I doubt Nintendo was expecting the Nintendo 64 to be totally crippled by their choice of media. In the beginning, it was no problem at all, but once they were competing with games the size of Final Fantasy VII, they were screwed. And I doubt Sony saw that sort of thing coming when they created the PlayStation, either. 650MB was an extreme amount of space at that time, as well.