[an error occurred while processing this directive] Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Kikkoken
753th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 09:46post reply

Thanks to NEOryu from neo-geo.com:

Link Here

Looks awesome, just like Iggy's face in the morning following a night of amour.

Replies:

Grahf
259th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 10:07post reply

Looks very nice. I like how the Metal Slug itself is getting a lot of use. It seemed to be used more in that short clip than in some of the other full games.

Also notice that you have a life bar even when you aren't in a vehicle. To me, that indicates that the game is more geared for a home game as opposed to an arcade. Hopefully that means that SNK-Playmore put a good bit of thought into this game, as well.

Joe Randel
229th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 13:50post reply

Hmmm... I'm disapointed with the look of the game. It looks like they half assed the whole project. You can't tell me this couldn't look better on the GBA.

Never underestimate the power of a crowd of stupid people...

Dragon-warrior
1183th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 14:00post reply

quote:
Hmmm... I'm disapointed with the look of the game. It looks like they half assed the whole project. You can't tell me this couldn't look better on the GBA.

it does look amazing.
hopefully it will be as Hard as the arcade!

Kikkoken
755th Post

"Re(3):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 14:04post reply

quote:

it does look amazing.
hopefully it will be as Hard as the arcade!

There's no excuse not to implement an option to let you play without the lifebar on.

deisied
172th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 14:49post reply

lifebar is retarded.

anyway, this just looks like metal slug?
does anyone know if the slide is in?

Mosquiton
1372th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 16:13post reply

quote:

Blood please?

/ / /

Jason
105th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Mon 20 Sep 23:09post reply

quote:

Blood please?

And weapon disgaurd animation! Nothin' says metal slug like shooting up at a helicopter and having to wait that extra second after running out of heavy machine gun bullets for fio to pull out her pistol.

I knew I would do it and I know this I know what I am doing now that I am doing something both beautiful but gruesome because I am destroying its beauty by knowing that it might be beautiful know that if I know that I am dong something beautiful that it's no longer beautiful. - Dave Eggers A.H.W.O.S.G.

Fatality
147th Post

Regular Customer

"not really...." , posted Tue 21 Sep 03:43post reply

wat a waste of download, i coulda seen that playing MS3.

Rid Hershel
6238th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Tue 21 Sep 06:48:post reply

quote:
True, it's somewhat lifeless, and the new character sprites aren't that great... About the lifebar, I don't like the idea, but I can live with it.

[this message was edited by Rid Hershel on Tue 21 Sep 10:17]

Joe Randel
231th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Tue 21 Sep 09:59post reply

There was a life bar in the NGPC of Slug and it didn't really bother me that much. I still think the BG's aren't nearly as nice looking as they could should be.

Never underestimate the power of a crowd of stupid people...

Kikkoken
757th Post

"Re(4):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Tue 21 Sep 10:13post reply

quote:
There was a life bar in the NGPC of Slug and it didn't really bother me that much. I still think the BG's aren't nearly as nice looking as they could should be.

Anyway, there'll probably be a cheat to deactivate it that bar. Or an official arcade mode.

Grahf
261th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Awesome Metal Slug Advance trailer!" , posted Wed 22 Sep 00:21post reply

I don't really understand what the problem with a lifebar is. In the arcade Metal Slugs, you essentially had infinite continues, so having a life bar doesn't necessarily make the game any easier. The only advantage is you won't lose your ammo after getting hit once, but you also won't get a fresh set of ten grenades.