[an error occurred while processing this directive] Bad news for Shantae fans - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rid Hershel
6235th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 10:35:post reply

The first Shantae is easily one of the best games available on GB/GBC/GBA, and I really expected the sequel, Shantae Advance, to be released soon. Since news on it had stopped I e-mailed Wayforward asking for an answer, and got this:

"Thanks for your kind words about Shantae GBC!

Sadly, we still haven't found a publisher for Shantae GBA yet. We haven't given up, but it?s not looking promising. We may end up redesigning it to be a DS game instead.

-- Voldi"

I wish them good luck finding a publisher, and you all give the first game a try, it's worth it.

http://www.shantae.com/
http://www.wayforward.com/shantae/

[this message was edited by Rid Hershel on Sun 19 Sep 10:35]

Replies:

Joe Randel
225th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 11:03post reply

Aaaarrrggg!!!! It's things like this that make me angry about the game industry!

This sucks ass!

Never underestimate the power of a crowd of stupid people...

Mosquiton
1370th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 11:50post reply

It might actually attract more attention as a DS title if they throw in a few unique features.

Definitely a cool game. Best of luck to the devs.

/ / /

Dragon-warrior
1175th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 13:46post reply

quote:
It might actually attract more attention as a DS title if they throw in a few unique features.

Definitely a cool game. Best of luck to the devs.

yeah a DS shantae will be very promissing!
best of luck and hopefuly it will get a puplisher.

Dr Baghead
3241th Post

"Re(1):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 13:52:post reply

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why has God forsaken me once again!

It's refreshing to know we live in a world were old Nintendo games, 90% of which have already been released in a much better form, and poor resolution cartoons, 90% of which are in constant reruns on Nickelodon anyway, and shitty poorly made rushed out the door games based on the latest movie, 90% of which are made so cheaply that just GBA versions exist ignoring console versions can always find a home on the GBA shelves but the sequel to one of the best games ever may never see the light of day.

I have faith though >_< after all Shante for the GBC almost never saw the light of day either and then it came out and was great... and I read on their web-site they were looking into having Shante Advance avalible in a "TV games" controller, that would be pretty nice

EDIT:
This is the final nail in the coffin for me to start a Capcom boycott offically... which I guess doesn't really hurt them since the last game I bought from them was Onimusha Tatics and it was heavily discounted when I did buy it, and none of their future games interested me anyway...

but the point remains if they did make games I liked I wouldn't buy one until they published Shatae Advance, I mean Shantae didn't do that badly for them did it? (if it didn't, why did they 'announce' Shantae GCN when it wasn't even in production, just and idea WayForward was kicking around at the time?)

yeah it's not funny

[this message was edited by Dr Baghead on Sun 19 Sep 22:41]

Joe Randel
227th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 14:02post reply

quote:
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's refreshing to know we live in a world were old Nintendo games, 90% of which have already been released in a much better form, and poor resolution cartoons, 90% of which are in constant reruns on Nickelodon anyway, and shitty poorly made rushed out the door games based on the latest movie, 90% of which are made so cheaply that just GBA versions exist ignoring console versions can always find a home on the GBA shelves but the sequel to one of the best games ever may never see the light of day.

I have faith though >_< after all Shante for the GBC almost never saw the light of day either and then it came out and was great... and I read on their web-site they were looking into having Shante Advance avalible in a "TV games" controller, that would be pretty nice

Yeah, it's a big catch 22. Publishers don't want to fork out cash to something that's not an established icon. A small start up studio I was with had this problem when we were trying to get a publisher for our in house GBC game. Publishers told us "If it was a cartoon we could put money behind the game" and when we looked in to seeing what it would take to get it made in to a cartoon, we were told "If this was a game we could make it in to a cartoon." It was so frustrating and we eventually went belly up.

Grrrr....!

hikarutilmitt
244th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 14:27post reply

Well crap. I was really looking forward to Shantae Advance. The first game made me wonder "WTF is this crap?" when I saw it at Wal-mart on release. I then played it and found it wasn't anything that I expected it to be. It was really good stuff.

I'm wondering if it really will end up being a DS game, since the original was apparently going to be a SNES game late in the SNES' life. It'd be odd having the series put out a new game for a system, but then have to push it back to another later on.

Radish
2793th Post

"Re(2):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Sun 19 Sep 20:17post reply

quote:

I feel your pain brother.

Joe Randel
228th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Mon 20 Sep 05:53post reply

We should all e-mail Capcom and let them know how much Shantae Advance is wanted. Who's with me!

ZamIAm
1378th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Bad news for Shantae fans" , posted Mon 20 Sep 09:19post reply

quote:
We should all e-mail Capcom and let them know how much Shantae Advance is wanted. Who's with me!

You mean like SF4? We know how much Capcom looooves their fans.

There is no "I" in Team
But there is an "I" in survive...