[an error occurred while processing this directive] Why all the interest in KOF 2004? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

crazymike
1007th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Fri 17 Sep 11:13:post reply

Funny how people seem to take interest in seeing more of the same. Neo Geo Battle colosseum is something NEW, and KOF 94 rebout, while technically old, might still be interesting. Personally, I am glad they are taking a break and waiting a year, then we might FINALLY get an entire facelift for KOF that hasn't been seen since the transition of 95 to 96.

[this message was edited by crazymike on Fri 17 Sep 11:17]

Replies:

deisied
148th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Fri 17 Sep 11:21post reply

uh, a new kof has come out every year about this time since 1994, you start asking/wondering/thinking about it around this time because you know it's coming anyway, about now it looks like it might not be actually, so there's something else to talk about.

also, NGBC is hardly new anyway,

Burning Kyo
2190th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Fri 17 Sep 11:21post reply

KOF = Beaujolais !
1 per year !

[Live fast // Die young]

Phoenix
582th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Fri 17 Sep 11:28post reply

Just wait for TGS.
That is all.

NARUTO
2677th Post

"Re(2):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Fri 17 Sep 11:33post reply

quote:
KOF = Beaujolais !
1 per year !

that's it!! with some good and bad year.

A friend is someone who truly knows you..
But who loves you anyway...

crazymike
1007th Post

"Re(3):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Fri 17 Sep 11:57post reply

Of course KOF is expected, but what I am saying is, ever since KOF 2000, generally people have been upset every year. Are they waiting in anticipation to see old Iori sprites and be upset again?

Ishmael
1642th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Fri 17 Sep 12:01post reply

quote:
Of course KOF is expected, but what I am saying is, ever since KOF 2000, generally people have been upset every year. Are they waiting in anticipation to see old Iori sprites and be upset again?

But of course!

Juan
4081th Post

"oh deaur" , posted Fri 17 Sep 12:06post reply

No, no. She didnt hit me. I fell.
But she brought me flowers, so everything's ok now!

quote:

But of course!

stfu

Phoenix
584th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 12:53:post reply

The interest behind 2k4 has 4 sources...possibly more:

1. It's that time of the year.
2. It's the 10th kof.
3. It's gonna be on Atomiswave.
4. It's not Neowave but the sequel to 2k3.

Please feel free to add on.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Fri 17 Sep 13:03]

deisied
149th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 13:05post reply

5. 2k3 did start a new arc and plenty of new characters and a new system.
6. if it is coming out, how are they going to pull off 3 more or less kof's standing there at the same time?
7. i know what kof is, i don't have anything to get upset about

Iggy
4573th Post

"Re(2):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 13:19post reply

8. It may feature Ash killing Iori.

Hagen de Merak
831th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 13:30post reply

quote:

Toxico
3921th Post

"Re(3):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 14:50post reply

quote:

... As far as I have seen everyone has wild dreams about high res graphics and decent fps and neat gameplay...

They should know better ;P

See??? He is a God...

tenguman
24th Post

New Customer

"Re(4):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 16:21post reply

Well, I think NGBC it's fine enough and '94 Remake is interesting enough.

Even if '04 doesn't come out, we can live with that, right?

...RIGHT?

「この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ。」

Cain Highwind
444th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 17:11post reply

9. (seriously) There were many exciting cliffhangers that I think a lot of people want to see answered in 2k4 (AoF Team's ending, K' team's ending, Sacred Treasure team's ending, etc) And plus the always there possibility of new characters both familar and original (plus the "shadows" in all the endings.

10. A chance to improve the tag system further (though they're doing this with NBC so it's not a big deal)

beto
659th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(5):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 17:17:post reply

quote:
though they're doing this with NBC so it's not a big deal

NGBC is supposed to play very differently from 2003 (or at least that´s what the rep said). The ammount of hits in Tung´s and his DM also make it seem more over-the-top...

[this message was edited by beto on Fri 17 Sep 17:26]

TheBeast
1769th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(6):The Answer" , posted Fri 17 Sep 21:42post reply

I am all in for the original KOF to take a break, and I certainly won't miss it a year or two. It gets people more excited and anticipate for the next release at an unannounced date. Not a bad marketing strategy move IMHO.

KumagaiToshiro
86th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):The Answer" , posted Sat 18 Sep 03:17post reply

quote:

I've pretty much believed Iori has been the undead since the end of '97.

= Flesh-eating Yagami madness.

"Jill Sandwich!" "Right!"

EddyT
364th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):The Answer" , posted Sat 18 Sep 16:36post reply

KOF was getting so old and rehashed... I personally stopped caring about the series after '98. I think they need to reload and rework the whole series to give it a fresher look, both graphically and gameplay-wise.

Fygee
1099th Post

"Re(5):The Answer" , posted Sat 18 Sep 19:43post reply

quote:
KOF was getting so old and rehashed... I personally stopped caring about the series after '98. I think they need to reload and rework the whole series to give it a fresher look, both graphically and gameplay-wise.

Well, actually if you compare '98 to '03, they're almost totally different games visually with only a few sprite rehashes here and there. The gameplay is also very different.

YeldellGW
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 04:36post reply

quote:
Funny how people seem to take interest in seeing more of the same. Neo Geo Battle colosseum is something NEW, and KOF 94 rebout, while technically old, might still be interesting. Personally, I am glad they are taking a break and waiting a year, then we might FINALLY get an entire facelift for KOF that hasn't been seen since the transition of 95 to 96.

And this make KOF different from most of the other fighters on the market, how?

NGBC is hardly new, even with Hanzou and Fuuma making a return after all these years.

I'll never understand people's obsession with updated graphics.

deisied
153th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 11:46post reply

not an "obsession with updated graphics", use context pal, kof is ridiculous, the very nature of the series kinda forces people to say stuff like this every year, and it's not like much else usually gets a "facelift" either anyway. kof is lame...sigh

crazymike
1009th Post

"Re(2):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 12:20post reply

quote:

And this make KOF different from most of the other fighters on the market, how?

Well for one thing, we will be seeing fighters resurrected after a decade hiatus. Sorry but some people get tired of seeing Ralf, Clark, Iori, Kyo, etc. year after year after year after year...King of Fighters used to be about bringing SNK's franchises together, but now these franchises are forgotten in their original games and people think of them more as KOF characters since they keep showing up again every year.

KOF has become it's own game now where other titles like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Ikari Warriors, etc. don't matter anymore.

deisied
155th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 12:26post reply

well yeah they got this kinda obnoxious attitude after they tossed some story in there. there's really no reason they shouldn't have just kept it crazy, tossing lb and samsho and whatever and just letting it be what ngbc is now. i mean i appreciate and follow the supposed kof narrative as much as the next guy, but it just hasn't done much for us at all as far as bringing us respectable video games.

::cough::clark is the man.....

Cain Highwind
448th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 15:10post reply

quote:

Well for one thing, we will be seeing fighters resurrected after a decade hiatus. Sorry but some people get tired of seeing Ralf, Clark, Iori, Kyo, etc. year after year after year after year...King of Fighters used to be about bringing SNK's franchises together, but now these franchises are forgotten in their original games and people think of them more as KOF characters since they keep showing up again every year.

KOF has become it's own game now where other titles like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Ikari Warriors, etc. don't matter anymore.

This is exactly why I'm looking forward to NBC. What I wonder though is, if NGBC will become the next main series, and push KoF away just like what KoF did with Fatal Fury. I mean it'snot just a crazy dreammatch (despite the roster) they're adding new characters and a story. I'm very eager to see how that plays out.

YeldellGW
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 15:12post reply

quote:
not an "obsession with updated graphics", use context pal, kof is ridiculous, the very nature of the series kinda forces people to say stuff like this every year, and it's not like much else usually gets a "facelift" either anyway. kof is lame...sigh

Sorry, you're talking to a guy who played six Mega Man games on the NES and graphic upgrades and adding something new never once was a complaint.

Some of us like the "same old" in certain games.

quote:

Well for one thing, we will be seeing fighters resurrected after a decade hiatus. Sorry but some people get tired of seeing Ralf, Clark, Iori, Kyo, etc. year after year after year after year...

And what makes these characters different from the Ryu, Ken, Misurugi, Paul, Yoshimitsu, Mishimas, etc. of other games?

EddyT
366th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(4):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 16:13post reply

quote:

Sorry, you're talking to a guy who played six Mega Man games on the NES and graphic upgrades and adding something new never once was a complaint.

Some of us like the "same old" in certain games.

If it's still fun to play, then I'm in agreement. If it isn't, then it really draws attention to other possible flaws (like dated graphics).

I still play CvS2 because of that reason. The game is flawed with a lot of rehashed sprites, but it's still a thrill to play.

deisied
157th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 16:28post reply

mmhm, i'm a huge megaman fan, and a kof fan as well. none of that really makes it okay though, i don't enjoy the games because they're the same old. that's a pretty horrible thing to say really.

Phoenix
586th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(5):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 18:35post reply

quote:
mmhm, i'm a huge megaman fan, and a kof fan as well. none of that really makes it okay though, i don't enjoy the games because they're the same old. that's a pretty horrible thing to say really.

You don't want to see the staple KOF characters to return? In what videogame series do the staple characters not return? KOF is one of those games where the roster actually tends to change more than the other fighting games. Just look at 2k3 as an example.

You want to see LB2 and Samsho etc. characters in KOF...NGBC comes to mind. As for saying KOF is lame or KOF has become its own game. No and yes. If you want old series like Ikari, AOF etc. to return then maybe SNKP can finally afford to do so financially. They said numerous times that they'll create new franchises as well as bring back old ones. Do you have a point?

CrazyMike
1011th Post

"Re(6):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 19:01:post reply

quote:

And what makes these characters different from the Ryu, Ken, Misurugi, Paul, Yoshimitsu, Mishimas, etc. of other games?

It doesn't. That is why I think Capcom Fighting Jam looks pretty boring in my book. Where is the Unknown Soldiers, the Arthurs, the Slammasters, etc. It could have been great if they had ressurected these old characters for a fighter, but no, they just have to Mugenize their existing sprites, ooh finally, Demitri v.s Ryu! Never thought I would see that one!

quote:

You want to see LB2 and Samsho etc. characters in KOF...NGBC comes to mind.

No, it is not about popping in 19th century samurai warriors into KOF, rather it is mixing the roster up more by bringing in more fighters that would still make sense. I mean how many years have people been bitching for Eiji to come back now? What about all the other characters from the AOF and Fatal Fury universe? I wouldn't mind seeing Hon Fu make an appearance. Instead SNK "suprises" us by having King return in 2k3, well it is not like she hasn't been in 8 out of the other 10 KOF games...

[this message was edited by CrazyMike on Sun 19 Sep 19:05]

Rugalbernstein
5188th Post

"Re(7):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 19:05post reply

No matter what they do or don't do, somebody will bitch.

Best site EVER: Link Here

crazymike
1011th Post

"Re(8):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 19:16post reply

quote:

Same with Star Wars, but you got to admit, if it wasn't for the fans eating out of Lucas's hands no matter what crap he gives them, the franchise might not have been so bad after the Phantom Menace.

deisied
161th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 19:32:post reply

You don't want to see the staple KOF characters to return?

sorta...i'd prefer a game to have balls and have staple characters come back with new movelists and such more often, at least when a series is this long, but hey.

In what videogame series do the staple characters not return?

not too many.

KOF is one of those games where the roster actually tends to change more than the other fighting games. Just look at 2k3 as an example.

2k3 is a bad example. 10 games and 1(or so) major system change. they've all had incrimental changes of course, so i'm not saying nothing occured so don't worry about replying with that

You want to see LB2 and Samsho etc. characters in KOF...NGBC comes to mind.

Isn't that what i said? But no not necessarily, it's just that they forgot what the hell kof was in the first place like 3 seconds after they released it.

As for saying KOF is lame or KOF has become its own game. No and yes.

becoming it's own game isn't a criticism, and yeah kof is lame, but i already said i'm a fan, and i follow kof, so you needn't defend it. point is, 90% of game developers lack any kind of vision really.

If you want old series like Ikari, AOF etc. to return then maybe SNKP can finally afford to do so financially.

hell no, i do not want that at all.

They said numerous times that they'll create new franchises as well as bring back old ones. Do you have a point?

Neither has really occured. Nifty.

Anyway, doesn't matter if people are going to complain or not, because they'll definitely keep buying it, they need an excuse to complain after all. snk, kof especially, has been robbing people like 300 times harder than capcom, and capcom gets such a worse rep for it, just because snk is the "underdog". Like Capcom is actually in position to be some kind of monopoly all wacky. Again, everyones gonna buy the stuff anyway, so obviously criticism is all anyone has left.

[this message was edited by deisied on Sun 19 Sep 19:41]

beto
665th Post

"Re(7):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 20:09post reply

quote:
sorta...i'd prefer a game to have balls and have staple characters come back with new movelists and such more often, at least when a series is this long, but hey.

Robert changed. Fans whined like little bitches, he got changed back.

quote:
2k3 is a bad example. 10 games and 1(or so) major system change. they've all had incrimental changes of course, so i'm not saying nothing occured so don't worry about replying with that

So 94 plays just like 96 which plays just like 99 which plays just like 2003? Sorry but hell no. KOF changed enough in 10 years. Not everything was good, but it certainly changed.

If KOF changed completelly every chapter like you want, why the fuck would they call it KOF?

Constant, radical changes would not only alienate the fans gameplay-wise, but character-wise too. We would have flops bigger than SF3, AOF3 and Garou.

deisied
162th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(8):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 21:03:post reply

Robert changed. Fans whined like little bitches, he got changed back.
-------------------------------------
Yep, not my problem. Catering = boring. Having games devloped by people who give a crap what they're doing = worth anyones time.

So 94 plays just like 96 which plays just like 99 which plays just like 2003? Sorry but hell no. KOF changed enough in 10 years. Not everything was good, but it certainly changed.
------------------------------------
I thought I just made a point of saying there were incrimental changes? Shut up.

If KOF changed completelly every chapter like you want, why the fuck would they call it KOF?
---------------------------------
Sorta agree with you actually.

Constant, radical changes would not only alienate the fans gameplay-wise, but character-wise too. We would have flops bigger than SF3, AOF3 and Garou.
--------------------------------------
Sorry, i'm not a fan of taking the bitch way out, risk flops, keep integrity. garou and sf3 are god damn badass games, doesn't matter. Also, not exactly true with street fighter, street fighter did incrimental changes to street fighter, ALL WITHIN 2, they didn't pretend every version of SF2 was a sequel, that's the difference between the kof situation and that. Even alpha was relatively cool about it.

Anyway, yeah, i'd prefer projects that look like they actual have passion behind them as supposed to, Group of Characters 2002-85.

[this message was edited by deisied on Sun 19 Sep 21:05]

Phoenix
587th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(9):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 23:05post reply

99 was a huge change and it alienated a lot of fans but SNK ran with the whole K' and NESTS and strykers idea anyways and risked a lot.

"I thought I just made a point of saying there were incrimental changes? Shut up."

I think the point is that those changes were more than "incremental." Anyway, I also disagree with your Zelda and Metroid being same thing. But hey to each his own. Please let me into your pretigious university. (^_^)' I love Guilty Gear too and bought GGXXR the first day but we all know what Isuka is. Neowave and what not are along the same lines you know? Anyway we've drifted way off the original topic's question- which was already answered.

deisied
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Sun 19 Sep 23:33:post reply

do you mean the nests story/theme was risky and alienating or 99's gameplay? which you're right, i totally forgot about strikers, that was fairly different.

and i dont mean zelda and metroid are actually the same thing.

but heh, i'm still relatively for isuka. i appreciate that it's a focused thing, there's no reason not to play it with like 4 guys, that to me makes it different than a rehash, like neowave or whatever. but honestly, as much as it hurts people, and as much as i think guilty gear characters are gotdamn amazing, i kinda wish they'd kill some or change movelists or go nuts somehow in the next title.

And i'd give you that the changes were more than incrimental, but there are just too many kof games really, it's too hard to accept all of them at this point. It really was (besides per arc) just tightening up the same game pretty much. Not like Kof94Turbo level of incrimental, but still.

[this message was edited by deisied on Sun 19 Sep 23:35]

Iggy
4592th Post

"Re(10):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Mon 20 Sep 00:26post reply

quote:
Please let me into your pretigious university. (^_^)'

NeoPenny
4th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):Why all the interest in KOF 2004" , posted Mon 20 Sep 02:31post reply

I noticed some of you guys said things about which characters they'd like to see in some series or why it's better for some characters not to be in some series....

KoF (the way I see it) was just an excuse to make a tag team game, and with already established franchises why not add them to the game to add sales? That's why we don't see Terry as a main character in KoF I think KoF has always been there to be it's own franchise and throw in a couple of old characters into the game. I mean if the case was to make it the SNK crossover game why was Geese never the Boss (not counting NeoWave of the 1st Fatal Fury)....

I just wanted to say this.... Remember how Neo And Geo made it to KoF 2000. I always wonder if the White guy and black guy from the intro to SF will ever make it to the game. I don't know I always felt these guys should make it into a game, and if they are they should either make it into Fighting Jam.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3181th Post

"Re(8):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Mon 20 Sep 15:29post reply

quote:

jesus. fucking Rugal

beto
666th Post

"Re(9):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Mon 20 Sep 15:48post reply

quote:

I thought I just made a point of saying there were incrimental changes?

They´re not.

quote:
Also, not exactly true with street fighter, street fighter did incrimental changes to street fighter, ALL WITHIN 2, they didn't pretend every version of SF2 was a sequel, that's the difference between the kof situation and that.

KOF had a sequel every year. Each arc had a different style. Hell, the first arc had two, actually. I guess that´s not enough for you.

Would you prefer if they called them "KOF: First Arc, Part One" or "KOF 1.1" Instead of the year the game is released?

deisied
175th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(10):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Mon 20 Sep 16:01:post reply

try to read everything i said. don't particularly feel like saying stuff 50 times until that's occured.

666th post. nice.

append-
KOF had a sequel every year.

Bad idea.

Each arc had a different style.

Yeah, I said that.

Would you prefer if they called them "KOF: First Arc, Part One" or "KOF 1.1" Instead of the year the game is released?

Nope, I didn't imply that. I didn't say how street fighter did it was ideal either. If you don't mean that, I don't get your point, year title is about as appropriate as it gets. Doesn't change the fact that everyone is pretty much settling because no one is stepping up on this.

[this message was edited by deisied on Mon 20 Sep 16:08]

RugalBernstein
5190th Post

"Re(9):Why all the interest in KOF 2004?" , posted Mon 20 Sep 19:30post reply

quote:
jesus. fucking Rugal

Jesus, camel-buggering JJJ.

Best site EVER: Link Here

deisied
179th Post

Regular Customer

"KING OF PERFECTION 200X" , posted Mon 20 Sep 21:27:post reply

Well I thought about it some more, and it's not that a yearly title is entirely a bad idea, it's just that it was a bad idea for it's time kinda. There was no way for it to not more or less rip everyone off, and so i don't know if i should consider it lame, or ahead of it's time. Probably kinda both.

The thing is, the changes in gameplay, outside of arcs, is relatively incrimental, and no that doesn't mean they should call it arc1 part2. I can't figure out the word for what it is that changes so much from game to game, because it isn't the damn gameplay. I don't think it can be summed up in one word maybe, I'm not sure. One thing that pisses me off is that no one would care if i was just like HAHA KOF2001suxorz y waz da musik so badz? But the idea that somehow these guys didn't construct the perfect fighting game experience is blasphemy, or at least because i'm saying it. You guys don't seem to realize I'm sorta the most reasonable human of all time, but I think about things, so I think I'm allowed to make criticisms. I also think I could do better, and have much to say because of that.

I guess I'll break it down loosely the way I see it.

Kof94=Kof1

Kof95=Kof1Plus

Kof96=Kof2 (and badass as hell by the way, completely new hero style, boss team, relatively exciting music, DMs don't feel so damn akward.

Kof97=Kof2Plus (honestly this is fairly true even though this games story and presentation basically make it one of the coolest ever.)

Kof98=Kof1+2 Reload

Kof99=Kof3 (i didn't give this game enough credit earlier, they toss away the main characters, make a new hero team, new story, new atmosphere, new music/style, new bosses. STRIKERS, and a really shitty backstep system.)

Kof00=Kof3Plus (yep, shut up)

kof01=Kof3.5 (Almost a new game, but it's really just a loosely fitting title in the middle of nests hell kinda. mind you, i probably like 01 more than anyone, but i find this game hard to categorize. It's actually almost enough new characters to consider a major new thing, but no one actually likes anyone from 00 or 01 so it doesn't matter.)

Kof02=Kof1+2ReloadReload+a (i'm sure you get the point.)

Kof03=Kof4 (even though this game feels like it has the lowest humanly possible production values, it's definitely new. Tag, Hero, story, blah blah, it's the core for the rest of this arc, or maybe just the start of a nonannual kof, and thus a standalone, and thusly kinda less acceptable feeling game, if it isn't gonna get touched up.)

KofNW=Kof1+2ReloadReload+aReload (sigh)

KofMI=KofEX

hey, 4 games over 10 years really isn't bad.

edit: this'll be the post i make that more than 2 people react to i bet.

[this message was edited by deisied on Mon 20 Sep 21:36]

Baines
11th Post

New Customer

"More than two people?" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:00post reply

quote:
edit: this'll be the post i make that more than 2 people react to i bet.

No, no one will react to it. Wait, I reacted. So no, only one person will react to it. Unless I'm asleep at this late hour and only dreaming that I'm reacting.

And besides, I pretty much agree, and I mostly like KOF. After ten years, it does feel like a bunch of Hyper KOF and Super KOF II and KOF3 Second Impacts.

Blending the various SNK fighters was lost long ago, when SNK dropped their other fighters for KOF. The yearly release schedule prevents them from doing too much, as does too much fan catering about the roster.

The roster... Even with the incremental engine upgrades, SNK could have managed variety with the roster. Upgrades to the engine combined with different character styles is more of a new game than just upgrading the engine or upgrading the roster. But SNK was too afraid to really shake up the roster, mainly momentarily shedding a minor character, and then bringing them back immediately.

I'm not saying that they should ditch half the roster for new guys each game, but with yearly releases they could manage to have guys like Kyo and Terry and such flat out not be around every single game. No Kyo and no Kyo clones in the first part of Nest. Have Andy lead the Garou team one year when Terry vanishes, and without Joe either. Have Eiji show up with two new (and different) ninja characters for revenge on Iori. Don't put Rugal in 2002, but bring him back for the third KOF dreammatch. And after 10 years, guys like Krauser, Geese, and Mr. Big should have had more than one appearance, though not necessarily on the same teams or even the same games.

Give the individual games more reason to exist than just the story advancement (or more likely, just to make more money). Make the rosters a distinction as well, and use that for prepping for the next dream match. And get some variety in the dream matchs too.

Or kill the yearly release schedule, spending ever how long it takes each time to make a "new" game that looks and feels like a new game. But that won't happen, as SNK-Playmore isn't going to give up yearly income from the next KOF release. Heck, instead of actually making new franchises, they've planned to dump three extra KOF on the market this time. (Along with their double milking of SamSho, releasing the half-planned hodge-podge of SS0, and then quickly releasing for more cash a less than half hearted upgrade. At least old SNK tried a real fix to SS3 with SS4...)

deisied
182th Post

Regular Customer

"More than two people!" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:10post reply

eh yeah, sometimes i say things just to get people to say some disagree-related thing just so i can have an excuse to say what i want. i kinda forgot this isn't gfaqs anyway i guess, so you're probably right. I find that no one challenges things i say here besides the last couple things i said yesterday since i've been posting here kinda though...so ::shrug:: Yanyway, Yeah I think I meant to call Kof01 kof3 3rd strike or something, but i forgot. You more or less said stuff that i forgot though. I really only mean things harshly in the sense that i don't understand the kind of people in charge of video game development today, otherwise, i'm just saying some things i think about, kof has been pretty fun.

Iggy
4602th Post

"Re(1):KING OF PERFECTION 200X" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:28post reply

quote:
You guys don't seem to realize I'm sorta the most reasonable human of all time

Wow.
quote:
but I think about things

Wower.

deisied
185th Post

Regular Customer

"IGG OF PERFECTION 200X" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:34post reply

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY

Iggy
4604th Post

"Who farted ?" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:37post reply

(no text)

deisied
187th Post

Regular Customer

"i remember this game (your sig did)" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:39post reply

(no te

Iggy
4605th Post

"I don't" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:41post reply

(ry

deisied
190th Post

Regular Customer

"gar)" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:43:post reply

i have a feeling you're getting away with something in that sig but it's just under our radar. like they're having musclesex or something. that's not cool, man. One of them is even doing the one-eye anime wince thing. I guess he's the girl in the relationship?

[this message was edited by deisied on Tue 21 Sep 01:44]

Iggy
4608th Post

"(no text)" , posted Tue 21 Sep 01:48:post reply

quote:
like they're having musclesex or something.

Actually, they do, but separately. They are from two different games, but I hope there will be crossover sometime, once their maker finishes wasting his time doing gothico-furry nonsense.
Oh, and musclesex is cool, man. By the way. FYI.
quote:
I guess he's the girl in the relationship?

This is gross and offensive, therefore I won't discuss it.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 21 Sep 01:53]

deisied
192th Post

Regular Customer

"nizzo tizzext" , posted Tue 21 Sep 02:03:post reply

BTW,FYI,IMO. Musclesex is all greasy and gross, but, do you have to cuddle afterwards?

and what if the gothicofurries were cows?

(i'll consider this as i get some sleep)

[this message was edited by deisied on Tue 21 Sep 02:06]

Iggy
4610th Post

"Dude, your house" , posted Tue 21 Sep 02:11:post reply

quote:
BTW,FYI,IMO. Musclesex is all greasy and gross, but, do you have to cuddle afterwards?

Yeah, it's greasy. that's why it's fun.
And you can cuddle if one or the other have enough chest hair.
quote:
and what if the gothicofurries were cows?

Unfortunately, cow-bikinis and cowbell earings don't do it on muscular men.
OR DO THEY ?

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 21 Sep 02:17]

beto
669th Post

"NGBC site updated" , posted Tue 21 Sep 11:15post reply

The art for the other announced characters is up.

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/nbc/index.html

deisied
192th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):NGBC site updated" , posted Tue 21 Sep 11:18post reply

eh on the new characters in general, but still, i'm not close to convinced on the female.