[an error occurred while processing this directive] tsukiyoni saraba - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Iggy
4551th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 04:15post reply

humpf

Replies:

Pollyanna
525th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(1):tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 13:17post reply

I'll just be pumped about OZ instead and pretend that this game never came about.

Perhaps I'll be making a mistake, perhaps I WILL play it...but I've already finished Suikoden 4, so I know now that a bad game can't kill me.

Iggy
4574th Post

"Re(2):tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 13:21post reply

quote:
but I've already finished Suikoden 4, so I know now that a bad game can't kill me.

No overwhelming Pollyana love for GS4 ?
Come to daddy, tell me all the mean things GS4 did to you.

exodus
2222th Post

"Re(3):tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 13:30post reply

who among you has played gensosuikogaiden? I played a bit of it...it was pretty decent, but very linear. the music was nice though, and great art.

Pollyanna
527th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 14:03post reply

I just looked at the Suikogaiden artbook and decided that was enough. Not that it was bad, just that it was enough.

I want to write an ESSAY on how bad Suikoden 4 sucks. I don't like complaining about games so much, but this one pushed me over the edge. The makers had NO regard for the player at all, and when you lose that, then you shouldn't be making video games.

There's...like only one dungeon in the game and very VERY little gameplay, so they have to artificually increase the length of the game by making you spend HOURS AND HOURS on the overhead map in your boat. You don't know where you're going and the islands are a LONG distance from each other. In addition to that, the encounter rate is crippling. There are even enemies in the towns...at RESORTS! So you have people lounging around sipping their drinks SURROUNDED BY MONSTERS!

The music also sucks. Totally sucks. The quality sounds half as good as GS1, which is almost 10 years old now. Hmmm...what else? The plot isn't bad, but it's also limited and doesn't amount to anything.

Oh...and since there are no dungeons or anything to do really...and you have only 4 people on your team, you don't get to use any of the interesting characters you get. You get like...12 fighting characters at the end when there's NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Ah, but I have to say some nice things. The animation is amazing...and I have to speak of the greatest thing ever in Suikoden...but I guess I'll give it a spoiler tag.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -

In every Suikoden you have the chance to tell someone that you name is Schlotenheim Reinbach III...and I have NO IDEA why. (but I love it) In this game, you actually meet Reinbach II andh ave the chance to tell him that you're Reinbach III...which was just short of achieving Nirvana for me.

Also, the narcissists are delightful as usual...but they have a double move this time where they just...uhm...randomly prance about. The catch is, it's motion captured...so they put some people in a suit and had them prance about like idiots. The move takes WAY too long and makes me laugh so hard I almost die every time I do it.

End of Spoiler

Iggy
4578th Post

"Re(5):tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 14:06post reply

Damn you. If it hadn't been for your spoiler, I would have joyfully passed the game.

Pollyanna
528th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(6):tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 14:08post reply

quote:
Damn you. If it hadn't been for your spoiler, I would have joyfully passed the game.

If it hadn't been for that, I would have killed myself when I finished the game...which would have been stupid, since I could have died happily if I killed myself BEFORE finishing a terrible game.

exodus
2224th Post

"Re(7):tsukiyoni saraba" , posted Fri 17 Sep 14:52post reply

well pollyanna - sounds like this is your chance to write something. if you can convincingly make a case for why things went wrong, rather than complaining (not saying you would, just warning), then you might have something.

in other news: the intro for gensosuikogaiden is coooool. that's why I got it. I think I downloaded the intro off of ruliweb a while ago...maybe you can find it.