[an error occurred while processing this directive] Square new game official site Open. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

NARUTO
2666th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:22post reply

Well with all Squenix new game official site starts to pops out, and it's Fantasy earth their new PC online game who open the dances.
Characters look quite original for a Square production.
Link Here

A friend is someone who truly knows you..
But who loves you anyway...

Replies:

deisied
145th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 11:23post reply

music: balls

art: holy crap

Black_hayato
94th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 20:54:post reply

The music sounds like an epic Frosty the Snowman theme.

[this message was edited by Black_hayato on Thu 16 Sep 20:54]

Radish
2788th Post

"Re(1):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 21:08post reply

-Graphics remind me of everquest (and I mean that as an insult).

-Characters look like they've been ripped out of a generic Korean MMORPG.

-Square's track record on MMORPG fun: FFXI = very not fun.

-Why are they releasing this when they've already saturated the Japan styled MMORPG on console market with FFXI? What can this possibly add? (unless it is actually interesting to play)

Verdict! I'm guessing this will not be that great.

Mosquiton
1361th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 21:17post reply

quote:

-Why are they releasing this when they've already saturated the Japan styled MMORPG on console market with FFXI? What can this possibly add? (unless it is actually interesting to play)

First, a lot of people liked FFXI you know... I myself enjoyed it for several months before dropping it.

Secondly this is supposedly a MMO -ACTION- RPG. Not many of those now are there?

I have to admit that I kind of like the character designs, although I am kind of a sucker for busty fantasy chicks.

/ / /

Maou
340th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 21:17post reply

quote:
Characters look quite original for a Square production.

Gorgeous gorgeous art, enough that I wish I actually played MMOOMOMRORPG's. Fanservice promo pic made me laugh, and the faces are great. Nomura's unjustified dominance aside, I'd say Square has some very original artists...the Vagrant Hearts fellow, and of course, Amano, are among the most distinctive in the business, if only they could steal back the spotlight. Same goes for FFXII's upbeat image boards. which I really like (dodging Iggy here).

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!

Radish
2792th Post

"Re(3):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 21:24:post reply

quote:

First, a lot of people liked FFXI you know... I myself enjoyed it for several months before dropping it.

Secondly this is supposedly a MMO -ACTION- RPG. Not many of those now are there?

I have to admit that I kind of like the character designs, although I am kind of a sucker for busty fantasy chicks.

FFXI is great until you figure out you've wasted a month killing the same crabs and all you have to show for it is a slightly different colored vest. Killing the same bugs and crabs over and over isn't that thrilling of an experience.

How is this really that different actionwise (not being a smartass I really am curious)? FFXI is pretty actiony, with the exception of having your character auto attack. World of Warcraft has you doing stuff in real time. Does this use fighting game styles controls or something? If it pulls off something cool and innovative I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

I do admit I was harsh on the designs but they do seem a bit too similar to other stuff already out there. I think my FFXI hate is just spilling over onto other Square MMORPG projects by association.

[this message was edited by Radish on Thu 16 Sep 21:30]

Mosquiton
1362th Post

"Re(4):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 21:44post reply

quote:

How is this really that different actionwise (not being a smartass I really am curious)? FFXI is pretty actiony, with the exception of having your character auto attack. World of Warcraft has you doing stuff in real time. Does this use fighting game styles controls or something? If it pulls off something cool and innovative I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

One of the screenshots seems to show a lock-on, and since they use the word 'action' I'm thinking you'll have direct control over the combat... probably PSO style.

FFXI actiony? Direct vs. indirect control is the key distinction here... i.e. whether or not you can move out of the way of an attack, or make your own attack land with skill and not stats.

Again I'm assuming this is the case, I'm sure it'll be clarified eventually.

/ / /

Shin Ramberk
41th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 21:51post reply

quote:

One of the screenshots seems to show a lock-on, and since they use the word 'action' I'm thinking you'll have direct control over the combat... probably PSO style.

FFXI actiony? Direct vs. indirect control is the key distinction here... i.e. whether or not you can move out of the way of an attack, or make your own attack land with skill and not stats.

Again I'm assuming this is the case, I'm sure it'll be clarified eventually.

Check the bolded text. Maybe future MMORPGS should have both options. Some of us have good timing and finger movement plus hand-eye-coordination. And then there are those slower, dimwitted people that need auto-functions in order to make it through life. So, if you can manually control attacks and dodges and stuff, then, well, hey, thats fun and you might get more in-game bonuses that way and the fun factor rises. But in order not to leave out the slower kids, have the auto attacks.

I really liked the combo system in Valiant Hearts. That stuff was easy but hard and overall, very satisfying. But then again, there's the problem of how to deal with experience and character growth. Does anyone know how WoW is doing that? I would really like a casual MMORPG. I really look forward to WoW. If it can allow me to be a casual player, then WOW.

Iggy
4544th Post

"Re(2):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 23:15post reply

quote:
(dodging Iggy here)

[Iggy's attack for liking FFXII art dodged]
[unfortunately, Iggy's hyper combo for not talking about Kobayashi Tomomi is an unblockable leading to an infinite while both MOK-KOS and Suija appear and cheer in the background]

YOU LOSE

Mosquiton
1363th Post

"Re(6):Square new game official site Open." , posted Thu 16 Sep 23:21post reply

quote:
Does anyone know how WoW is doing that? I would really like a casual MMORPG. I really look forward to WoW. If it can allow me to be a casual player, then WOW.

From what I hear it doesn't sound different enough to be appealing... I think there's still that level grind to deal with.

It will take something really different and cool to get me into another MMORPG.

/ / /

Maou
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Square new game official site Open." , posted Fri 17 Sep 10:21post reply

quote:
(dodging Iggy here)
[Iggy's attack for liking FFXII art dodged]
[unfortunately, Iggy's hyper combo for not talking about Kobayashi Tomomi is an unblockable leading to an infinite while both MOK-KOS and Suija appear and cheer in the background]

YOU LOSE

It was bound to be. Luckily I have extra quarters to continue.

PS--your tag is still too masculine for me.

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!