[an error occurred while processing this directive] Viz to publish Kenshin monthly - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

GekigangerV
984th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Viz to publish Kenshin monthly" , posted Wed 15 Sep 18:34post reply

Link Here

It seems this has been a good seller for Viz. At this rate they will finish up Kenshin in the US in a little under two years.

Just in time to, I have given up collecting regular comics on a monthly basis(except fro probably Street Fighter) and I am going to just get TPBs. So this will give me something to look forward to everymonth.

Replies:

Maou
335th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Viz to publish Kenshin monthly" , posted Wed 15 Sep 18:43post reply

quote:
It seems this has been a good seller for Viz. At this rate they will finish up Kenshin in the US in a little under two years.

That's got to be better than the situation for the poor English readers who had to wait YEARS for their Video Girl Ai to go on. It was hilarious, everytime I'd look at their magazine maybe a few times a year, and they'd always be in virtually the same volume of the comic! Torturous.

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!

Sano
1148th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(2):Viz to publish Kenshin monthly" , posted Thu 16 Sep 06:55post reply

Heard that news last week, but of course I did, my Net Name is 'Sano.'

Hooray! That means we'll get to the "Back of the Man," Sano's own seven chapter story that much quicker! I wish Watsuki would stop Busou Renkin and give us Sagara Sanosuke's own spin off Manga. He travels around the world after RK, there's lots of stories to tell. I'm sure the research will be a pain though. Ah well, currently in Busou Renkin there's a 'fake' Sano (Looks like him, chews on something that's not a fishbone, I forget) so that will have to do for now. Waaaa! I want more Sanosuke... Kenshin finished up way to early IMHO.

bemanisuperstar
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Viz to publish Kenshin monthly" , posted Thu 16 Sep 09:14post reply

This is good news that it is

Maou
337th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Viz to publish Kenshin monthly" , posted Thu 16 Sep 13:12post reply

quote:

I wonder if Viz does the same bumbling mistranslation of "de gozaru" that Media Blasters did...there are more intelligent ways of translating arcane grammar. Strange cartoon font on the US translation, too, but at least English speakers won't have to put up with "Manslayer" Battousai!

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!

bemanisuperstar
67th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):Viz to publish Kenshin monthly" , posted Thu 16 Sep 15:12post reply

quote:

I wonder if Viz does the same bumbling mistranslation of "de gozaru" that Media Blasters did...there are more intelligent ways of translating arcane grammar. Strange cartoon font on the US translation, too, but at least English speakers won't have to put up with "Manslayer" Battousai!

I only watch Kenshin subbed.

However I met Sano's VA Lex Lang REALLY REALLY cool guy.

I might watch kenshin while I wait for the moron I got GGX#R from to ship it

Sano
1153th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):Viz to publish Kenshin monthly" , posted Fri 17 Sep 08:44post reply

quote:

I only watch Kenshin subbed.

However I met Sano's VA Lex Lang REALLY REALLY cool guy.

I might watch kenshin while I wait for the moron I got GGX#R from to ship it

I prefer Yuji Ueda (Japanese VA)to Lex Lang, but I thought it was really cool how Lex Lang sang the English Lyrics for the first Kenshin Ending Song. Even in the Japanese version, I always felt it was a song that fit Sagara Sanosuke/Megumi better than Kenshin/Kaoru.