[an error occurred while processing this directive] Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game) - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

NARUTO
2661th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 12:13post reply

Well for those who didn't know square will show a Sequell to FFVII, it'll be called Dirge of cerberus (really?) and Vincent will be the main character.
The story of Dirge of Cerberus takes place 1 year after Advent Children. Vincent, while in a town that was supposed to be peaceful now, is attacked by a mysterious group called "DC" (possibly Dirge of Cerberus).
And some rumors may said that the game won't be a "true" RPG but more a Vagrant Story/Parasite eve like game. (Rumors as usual..) though its genre has not been confirmed.
Dirge of Cerberus is scheduled for a 2005 release on the PS2.

Zepy already posted a scan on the Image board, or you can find it Here

A friend is someone who truly knows you..
But who loves you anyway...

Replies:

deisied
134th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 12:50post reply

i...have no opinion on this yet.

cool name or something.

OrochiChris
80th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 12:50post reply

In the name of all that is holy (and Mok-kos, too), do we really need another FFVII game? (Does Advent Children count as a game or a movie? ) Better another FFVII game than another FFVIII game, yes, but still... Too many direct sequels!

Cathy: オー! バイオレンス!アーユー ヒール?
ワッチュアネーム?

Shinobu: な、なんだぁ!? くっ...でけぇ... 一体何食ってやがんだぁ!?
えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

Iggy
4531th Post

"Re(2):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 13:01post reply

quote:
In the name of all that is holy (and Mok-kos, too), do we really need another FFVII game?

I should agree, but as someone who as already crapped 4 different pants at the single idea of the remake of RomaSaGa 1, the weakest of the series, I'm not sure I can voice my opinion.

deisied
135th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 13:06post reply

agreed. but yeah, it's not really "so many direct sequels." You're supposed to think of the whole thing as this "compilation of ff7" thing. So we'll see. I'm still not sure how I'm gonna play BC, so i dunno.

AC BC DC

war
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 15:18post reply

Between this and the news of a Saga1 remake, are you two sure your news isn't leaking from some odd, alternate reality full of leather clad maschists?

gg

Krzyzewski Man
909th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 15:52post reply

quote:
I should agree, but as someone who as already crapped 4 different pants at the single idea of the remake of RomaSaGa 1, the weakest of the series, I'm not sure I can voice my opinion.

That's a lot of pants.

Anyway, a Vagrant Story type game would be good. Actually, it probably would be a lot like Devil May Cry/VS. Regardless, Vincent's the man, dammit. So he's angsty, he turns into the devil! You'd be going nuts!

The resident lapsed Catholic progressive absurdist.
Also my smart candies smell funny.

deisied
137th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 15:58post reply

i dunno, when i made that first post my brain was kinda frozen for some reason, but now that you said it, that sounds really freaking badass. and not that i have too many problems with vagrant story, being in ff7s world means it might not be too boring to look at if say, it was just basically VS. But the undead aspect eh. Damn this is pretty nice. The best part is it probably won't do something AC has kinda dissapointed me on, which is have every damn character ever appear, just to be lame.

Gojira
1544th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(5):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 16:34post reply

Dirge? Minstrel? What's with the musical titles allasudden?

AIM: GoroDELETEjira
Remove 'DELETE' to AIM

Fugo
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 17:22post reply

A so called "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII"

well

now we have
FFVII:AC (Advent Children)
FFVII:BC (Before Crisis... will it ever be available for westerners in some form?)
[CC is taken by Christal Chronicles]
FFVII:DC (Dirge of Cerberus)

maybe they're going all the way to ZC...
let's guess the next chaprers:

FFVII:EC (Epic Celebrations)
FFVII:FC (Final Confrontation)
FFVII:GC (Game Cube)
FFVII:HC (Hentai Chains)
FFVII:IC (Invincible Cloud)
FFVII:JC (Jenova's Calling)
FFVII:KC (Kjata and Chocobos)
FFVII:LC (Lost Continent)
FFVII:MC (Materia Catching)
FFVII:NC (Nibelheim Circus)
FFVII:OC (Original Chapter)
FFVII:PC (Private Collection)
FFVII:QC (Quotes from Cloud)
FFVII:RC (Rippin'-off Customers)
FFVII:SC (Sephirot Chronicles)
FFVII:TC (Tifa and her Chest)
FFVII:UC (Ultima is Cast!)
FFVII:VC (Vincent's Chivalry)
FFVII:WC (Winds of Change)
FFVII:XC (Xenogears is Cooler)
FFVII:YC (Yuffie's Comeback)
FFVII:ZC (Zack and Cloud)

3rd Strike rulez ;)

TiamatRoar
732th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 18:04post reply

quote:

well

now we have
FFVII:AC (Advent Children)
FFVII:BC (Before Crisis... will it ever be available for westerners in some form?)
[CC is taken by Christal Chronicles]
FFVII:DC (Dirge of Cerberus)

maybe they're going all the way to ZC...
let's guess the next chaprers:

FFVII:EC (Epic Celebrations)
FFVII:FC (Final Confrontation)
FFVII:GC (Game Cube)
FFVII:HC (Hentai Chains)
FFVII:IC (Invincible Cloud)
FFVII:JC (Jenova's Calling)
FFVII:KC (Kjata and Chocobos)
FFVII:LC (Lost Continent)
FFVII:MC (Materia Catching)
FFVII:NC (Nibelheim Circus)
FFVII:OC (Original Chapter)
FFVII:PC (Private Collection)
FFVII:QC (Quotes from Cloud)
FFVII:RC (Rippin'-off Customers)
FFVII:SC (Sephirot Chronicles)
FFVII:TC (Tifa and her Chest)
FFVII:UC (Ultima is Cast!)
FFVII:VC (Vincent's Chivalry)
FFVII:WC (Winds of Change)
FFVII:XC (Xenogears is Cooler)
FFVII:YC (Yuffie's Comeback)
FFVII:ZC (Zack and Cloud)

*grumbles about Yuffie's name starting with a 'Y'*

http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/faqs/SFplotguide40.txt

Maou
333th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 18:15post reply

quote:

Hahaha, though I expect that while fans would settle for HC, it'll be Square giving them RC instead. Tifa's new outfit is terrible, meanwhile.

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!

Cain Highwind
441th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 18:42post reply

Well there was a rumor at one time that Square was making a Devil May Cry ripoff game. This may be it. I'm not big of FFVII either but Vincent IS a badass (the saving grace of FFVII's character design IMHO)! And he looks great in those screens.

Thanks Naruto!

CrazyMike
1002th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(4):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 20:06post reply

I can't keep track of all of this, so wait, there is TWO FF7-2 games? LOL. This new one, and a "Before" game, what? Fill me in, somebody, I beg of you!

DarkZero
932th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 20:36post reply

quote:
I can't keep track of all of this, so wait, there is TWO FF7-2 games? LOL. This new one, and a "Before" game, what? Fill me in, somebody, I beg of you!

Advent Children: Movie, takes place after FFVII

Before Crisis: Cellphone game, starring the Turks (including Vincent, I think), takes place before FFVII

Dirge of Cerberus: Game, maybe an RPG but probably more like Devil May Cry or Vagrant Story, takes place one year after Advent Children

deisied
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 21:37post reply

besides the contents of advent children, which they spoiled with the every character ever appearing thing, as i said, i would hardly call the other two games "ff7-2's". they come off to me as relatively focused pieces of the world there, not like advent children's "and then what happened?" attitude. Mind you I'm not hating AC, I'm just talking about things project/vision-wise. It sorta sucks that they're both basically Vincent games heh, but neither of those are, Let's Next Adventure! Not really...

crazymike
1003th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(7):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 22:04post reply

Well the odd thing about Final Fantasy 7 is I think the characters seemed to be more suited to other genres of games, not RPG's. I mean Cloud seems to belong in a fighting game like Ergheiz, Barret in a shooter, Vince in a platformer, etc.

Falikors
90th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Wed 15 Sep 23:44post reply

Ugh... more FF7 crap in general. There goes my good day

JK. But seriously dudes :/

メガ秘密攻撃#48:
牛インストールする!

Cain Highwind
442th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 00:18post reply

quote:
Well the odd thing about Final Fantasy 7 is I think the characters seemed to be more suited to other genres of games, not RPG's. I mean Cloud seems to belong in a fighting game like Ergheiz, Barret in a shooter, Vince in a platformer, etc.

I tend to agree, Vincent would seem vbery much like a Dante-ish character, so I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the rumored DMC clone.

kilvear
44th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 00:18post reply

quote:
Well for those who didn't know square will show a Sequell to FFVII, it'll be called Dirge of cerberus (really?) and Vincent will be the main character.
The story of Dirge of Cerberus takes place 1 year after Advent Children. Vincent, while in a town that was supposed to be peaceful now, is attacked by a mysterious group called "DC" (possibly Dirge of Cerberus).
And some rumors may said that the game won't be a "true" RPG but more a Vagrant Story/Parasite eve like game. (Rumors as usual..) though its genre has not been confirmed.
Dirge of Cerberus is scheduled for a 2005 release on the PS2.

Zepy already posted a scan on the Image board, or you can find it Here

I realise after Sakaguchi left. It has been "lets milk the franchise" thing going on. First it was a sequel to FFX-2. Now trying to milk FF7 series dry. I did like Advent Children when it first came out but now with the vincent game, the whole thing just crap out.

Square enix is really running out of ideas for their Final Fantasy series. Probably it's time to do the "final" Final Fantasy and let the whole series die after that least with dignity.

Hmm i might give the vincent game a try =D I'm such a sucker.

I am here I'm there I'm everywhere then again I am just in front of the computer.

NARUTO
2665th Post

"Re(9):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:02post reply

Cain Highwind: your wellcome!!
quote:

I tend to agree, Vincent would seem vbery much like a Dante-ish character, so I really wouldn't be surprised if this was the rumored DMC clone.

the problem is that square isn't good with Action game, The bouncer was there only true Action oriented thing and it have small RPG systems in it.
IMO Vagrant story like thingy would rock the house.

and for those who cares storyline is:
BC-->FFVII-->2years= FFVII AC-->1year= DC.

Iggy
4534th Post

"Re(2):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:07:post reply

quote:
I realise after Sakaguchi left. It has been "lets milk the franchise" thing going on.

It's still better than Sakaguchi's "I know what I'm doing, I'm a fucking genius, so piss off if you don't like my ideas" attitude which brought us oh so marvelous ideas as "FF Valentine day" and "FF without any promotion", and let's not forget "FF - I'm writting the scenario of the game while you're playing it so be nice if it doesn't make any sense at all OK kiss kiss".

What Square is doing is basically what Enix should have done in the PS1 days. The roles are reversed : DQ8 has taken the place of FF7, and FF12 is in the place of DQ7. While the DQ franchise has been too quiet for his own good during the loooong years between 6 and 7 (except some Torneko games), which may have played a certain role in the fact the game didn't sold as well as it could have (and the graphic part also, yeah), there, Square, between FF10 and 12, has created many, many little FF thingies so that starved fans don't forget them and while making big bucks out of it. Call them what you want, FFX-2, FF XI and expantions, this FFVII rush, and to an extend even RomaSaga 1 who seems to have been decided when they saw FF12 wouldn't be ready for spring, are here to occupy the field until the new big (but oh so ugly) FF arrives.

I'll stick in the minority that will wait anxiously for RS1, then the remakes of 2 and 3 that will never be done afterwards, and remember with my fellows all the bugs and random stupidity that made RS1 so much more enjoyable than the current FF. Even though we all know the game will be watered down, and lose the freezing bugs, the spawning Grey-s, or the sensible scenes, like the beggar children that asked you for money and commited suicide if you didn't give them. We also want an even worse balance, impossible bosses, and since they take system from various SaGa games, we also want an instruction booklet that give as few instructions as possible so you don't have the slightest idea of what's going on.

The next guy to write beside me wouldn't have taken Galahad's sword.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 16 Sep 01:14]

NARUTO
2667th Post

"Re(3):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:28post reply

quote:
I'll stick in the minority that will wait anxiously for RS1, then the remakes of 2 and 3 that will never be done afterwards, and remember with my fellows all the bugs and random stupidity that made RS1 . Even though we all know the game will be watered down, and lose the freezing bugs, the spawning Grey-s, or the sensible scenes, like the beggar children that asked you for money and commited suicide if you didn't give them. We also want an even worse balance, impossible bosses, and since they take system from various SaGa games, we also want an instruction booklet that give as few instructions as possible so you don't have the slightest idea of what's going on.

Who cares??? IGGY!! We got a new Saga game!!
And who knows...maybe it'll be good....
quote:

The next guy to write beside me wouldn't have taken Galahad's sword.

I think that's me.... sad I like swords...

Ammadeau
1155th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(10):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:31post reply

quote:
the problem is that square isn't good with Action game, The bouncer was there only true Action oriented thing and it have small RPG systems in it.
IMO Vagrant story like thingy would rock the house.

Square has never made an action game internally, Bouncer was Dream Factory, so it's a little hard to judge their abilities in making one.

I could care less about Vincent though, so I'll just get DMC3 instead (unless that ends up like 2 did for some reason).

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

Iggy
4534th Post

"Re(4):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:43post reply

quote:
We also want an even worse balance, impossible bosses, and since they take system from various SaGa games, we also want an instruction booklet that give as few instructions as possible so you don't have the slightest idea of what's going on.

Who cares??? IGGY!! We got a new Saga game!!

You misunderstand me. If the game doesn't have what would be considered flaws to any other game, then it won't be a good and enjoyable remake.

quote:
And who knows...maybe it'll be good....

I don't see why it would. RS1 was hardly a good game to begin with, and by actual standards, it's actually pretty bad if you take away the "old thing" factor. RS2 and 3, while still having a lot of flaws, have better aged than RS1. Plus RS3 was absolutely gorgeous.
I really, really don't like the idea of going all 3D. While I don't think much of the monsters of RS1, if they plan to remake/include characters from RS2 or 3, on the other hand, I fear for the monsters. Sexy, bare breasted, elegant and gory monsters. Beautiful naked women everywhere. I can't imagine Lockbucke and Wagnas, or Byunei and the sexy real body of Forneus in 3D.
The best thing that could happen is that this game is actually a good remake, it sells well, so they decide to continue with the series, put more money in them, and RS2 and 3 are remade with the 2D mindbogling awesomeness that blessed U:Saga.
Yeah. Yeah, that's the scenario I'll stick to for my wet dreams until march.

NARUTO
2668th Post

"Re(5):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 01:56post reply

quote:

You misunderstand me. If the game doesn't have what would be considered flaws to any other game, then it won't be a good and enjoyable remake.

Indeed. now I see what you mean.
quote:
RS1 was hardly a good game to begin with, and by actual standards, it's actually pretty bad if you take away the "old thing" factor. The best thing that could happen is that this game is actually a good remake, it sells well, so they decide to continue with the series, put more money in them, and RS2 and 3 are remade with the 2D mindbogling awesomeness that blessed U:Saga.
Yeah. Yeah, that's the scenario I'll stick to for my wet dreams until march.

Wet dreams huh..... Well time will tell.
and as I said the game can be good in some way...

Cain Highwind
443th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 11:12post reply

quote:
I realise after Sakaguchi left. It has been "lets milk the franchise" thing going on.
It's still better than Sakaguchi's "I know what I'm doing, I'm a fucking genius, so piss off if you don't like my ideas" attitude which brought us oh so marvelous ideas as "FF Valentine day" and "FF without any promotion", and let's not forget "FF - I'm writting the scenario of the game while you're playing it so be nice if it doesn't make any sense at all OK kiss kiss".

Don't forget the whole "lets forget ALL about the SNES games since we hate Nintendo and the fans only want stuff on the newer games" I swear THAT pisses me off more than anything else. Why the hell can't we see FFVI sequels or FFIV cameos in other games like KH or Ehrgeiz. Those could use some remakes or sequels IMHO. Concentrating it all on FFVII just pisses me off. SNES FF characters > Playstation FF characters.

quote:
...until the new big (but oh so ugly) FF arrives.

But but but Iggy FFXII is so pretty and it's the closest thing to Vagrant Story. *cries*

Seriously the series needs a guy like Matsuno on the helm, and that's why I'm looking forward to it more than aything. If XIII is just the typical Nomura/Kitase FF I'm done with the series, and XII will be the last great swansong as far as I'm concerned.

deisied
144th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 11:20post reply

The "every character looked like it belonged in some other genre!" thing was one of the silliest things i've ever seen. Hm...Barret has a gun....shooter! I'll give you that the character designs were mostly weak, detatched from their actual personalities for the most part, and didn't have much consistancy, but try not to say something like that again.

Let's see. FFXI expansions has nothing to do with OMGFFLOL, that's a PC game thing, I havent been keeping up too much since it came out in the US, and so far i'm not sure how bad it's been price wise, either way, it's not a square distraction plan, it's just the universal MMORPG plan for whoring.

Now I'm a fairly cynical guy, but I don't see how you guys could all not have an inch of the idea that to some degree they actually just had respect for the project, or the game's world. Er...let me rephrase that, I wouldn't call the contents of FFX-2 respectful, and I can't entirely rationalize either way whether reused locations was fair or not, but that's sorta different than a 7 based game, that's a LET'S STILL ADVENTURE, like I was talking about up there.

If you ask me, the space until FF12 would only create more hype for it, as opposed to clogging us up like they're doing now, so I don't really think that's it. Besides when there was a FF7-2 rumor right next to 10-2, i never really connected the two projects anyway, especially since it keeps slowly branching out and revealing itself like this. Neither of those actual video games are going to not be pretty damn detatched from the "core" product.

To be the one guy being fair, there's just a lot more to say about FF7's world, they already said that themselves, and on the business side obviously so many people already love it to death. I'd almost prefer to love it in my memory, but really none of these projects sounds cheap yet, besides the fact that bc is a wacky cellphone game anyway.

Maou
336th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 13:09post reply

quote:

Why the hell can't we see FFVI sequels or FFIV cameos in other games like KH or Ehrgeiz.

I also expect that those games are well-enshrined enough as canon that it would be more obvious a blow to artistic integrity to make sequels to them...fans would go rabid if Square fouled up IV-VI, which had more conclusive endings than VII, anyway. Plus they're old.

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!

deisied
147th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Dirge of Cerberus. (new FFVII game)" , posted Thu 16 Sep 13:13post reply

yep, that's why they aren't making a ff7-2, not what these are. which may in a sense be more wimpy, but at least it won't tear things down too much.

a revisioning of ff6 could be potentially 1,000 times more amazing than any of this though, my friend had some crazy ideas...but anyway

Mosquiton
1360th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"sexy bare breasted elegant monsters" , posted Thu 16 Sep 14:46post reply

quote:
While I don't think much of the monsters of RS1, if they plan to remake/include characters from RS2 or 3, on the other hand, I fear for the monsters. Sexy, bare breasted, elegant and gory monsters. Beautiful naked women everywhere. I can't imagine Lockbucke and Wagnas, or Byunei and the sexy real body of Forneus in 3D.

Maybe I need to get into these Saga games.

/ / /

NARUTO
2674th Post

"Squenix vs Nintendo????????" , posted Fri 17 Sep 02:24:post reply

quote:
yep, that's why they aren't making a ff7-2, not what these are. which may in a sense be more wimpy, but at least it won't tear things down too much.

Isn't FF7 DC a sequel for you??? even if the game system is different it's still a sequel storyline wise.

Well After wasting my time I've landed on other rumors if most of them are usless 1 really catch my interest.
I bring it here as a subject to discuss on.

the game is (once again) supposed to be a Action-RPG a la Zelda. For those who aren't japanese fluent, in Squenix Regional speech you prononce Zelda: "Kindom hearts", with a little bit of training you'll make it.

So the game is supposed to be a Action-RPG , here I would said a bit more RPG oriented than Zelda, (I mean zelda game never have status, level, high magic and skill system) with a Vincent that will fight in real time like link. (here maybe some vagrant story bit of system) that will need to push some block to solve riddle and such. IMO if it's goodly Action-RPG oriented like, Zelda or the Seiken Desetsu serie, I'm sold.

And IMO to make a A-RPG with FF7 frachise to fight against Nintendo new serious Zelda, that would make Iggy's theory more and more true.

[this message was edited by NARUTO on Fri 17 Sep 03:01]