[an error occurred while processing this directive] After Dante in Megaten3... - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Iggy
4524th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Wed 15 Sep 00:01post reply

It seems the other side of the deal between Atlus and Capcom was that Kaneko is to design the majin in DMC3.

Now if they could just change the eyes of the models....

Replies:

Iggy
4546th Post

"Majin Dante" , posted Thu 16 Sep 23:22post reply

Link Here
Link There

OK, now, all they have to do is give Dante a japanese voice actor, and this game will be perfect.

Dragon-warrior
1170th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 00:41post reply

quote:
Link Here
Link There

OK, now, all they have to do is give Dante a japanese voice actor, and this game will be perfect.

feels werid?

NARUTO
2669th Post

"Re(2):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 01:51post reply

So this is wierd!! I'm not saying bad but really wierd, like thi Dante looks like the old Sentai series bad guys.

since dante have many transformation,(at least in DMC1) I'm curious to se ther other, if there is.

A friend is someone who truly knows you..
But who loves you anyway...

DarkZero
935th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 02:47post reply

quote:
So this is wierd!! I'm not saying bad but really wierd, like thi Dante looks like the old Sentai series bad guys.

since dante have many transformation,(at least in DMC1) I'm curious to se ther other, if there is.

I get the feeling that I'm the only person whose impression of this design is

FREAKIN' SWEET!

NARUTO
2674th Post

"Re(4):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 03:04post reply

quote:

FREAKIN' SWEET!

I never said it's bad I say strange... I like it too somehow.

Iggy
4549th Post

"Re(4):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 03:59post reply

quote:

FREAKIN' SWEET!

While the average GameFAQs poster may not like it, you're here in a holy place with a strong Kaneko fanclub (we're at least 3).
You're free to join us and rejoyce with us.

DarkZero
936th Post

"Re(5):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 05:29post reply

quote:

FREAKIN' SWEET!

While the average GameFAQs poster may not like it, you're here in a holy place with a strong Kaneko fanclub (we're at least 3).

REJOYCE!

Oh, and by the way, where was I when DMC3's release date was pushed back (upper right corner)? This is the same thing that happened with DMC2. First it starts with the perfect Devil May Cry release date, October, the month in which all things horror must be released, and then becomes the Christmas season, the time when all great games must apparently be released in the US (dumbasses), and finally January/February, the time when I wait two or three months to try a game out because the Christmas stack will last me at least until March, provided I don't get a lot of RPGs.

But hey, I'm sure it's being pushed back to just to enhance the quality of the game. Just like DMC2!

Iggy
4553th Post

"Re(6):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 06:06post reply

quote:
But hey, I'm sure it's being pushed back to just to enhance the quality of the game. Just like DMC2!

You're mean. At least they dared make a playable version of DMC3, not like DMC 2 that was carefully hidden until the very day of the release.
If that counts for anything.

Rid Hershel
6226th Post

"Re(1):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 06:39post reply

quote:
Link Here
Link There

Wow, already loved Dante's new design, and this is even coler. Now this game created the interest on me that the prequels couldn't.

Ishmael
1640th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 07:48post reply

quote:

Now that you mention it Dante does look like he should be jumping around on the back lot of a Japanese television studio. That, or he looks like a salamander. I don't mind the look, mind you, but it is a change of pace from the previous look the series has had. I also like the new monster designs; they are very distinctive and don't look like the sort that will get lost in the background like those blasted lizards did in DMC1.

I wonder what sort of abilities Dante will have in that form. Will he somehow utilize that inexplicable thing sticking out of his left arm? With that thick neck will he be able to move his head? Will he have other forms he can turn into?

Mosquiton
1365th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Look carefully..." , posted Fri 17 Sep 09:07:post reply

quote:

You're mean. At least they dared make a playable version of DMC3, not like DMC 2 that was carefully hidden until the very day of the release.
If that counts for anything.

In this thread one can note several differences between MMCafe's favorite asshole and least favorite asshole.

Btw Dark, are you going for a Napoleon Dynamite there?

On topic... I find the design interesting. Also, people are starting to give impressions of the J-demo which seem quite positive so far. I should have more to contribute on DMC3 in general in the near future.

edit: btw ishmael, those are swordish wings and there's one for each arm (check second link to screenshot)

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Fri 17 Sep 09:28]

NARUTO
2678th Post

"Re(4):Majin Dante" , posted Fri 17 Sep 11:40post reply

quote:
Will he have other forms he can turn into?

that's what I'm curious to know/see.

Ishmael
1641th Post

"Re(1):Look carefully..." , posted Fri 17 Sep 12:00post reply

quote:
edit: btw ishmael, those are swordish wings and there's one for each arm (check second link to screenshot)

Actually I was referring to that silver knob/tube thing coming out of the top of his wrist. A good shot of it can be seen in the first link; there's Dante's wing, in front of that is the tip of his sword and in front of that is his arm and the doo-dad in question. It's probably just cosmetic but since Dante doesn't have one on his other arm that thing caught my attention.

legalstep
12th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Fri 17 Sep 12:36:post reply

But that's not Dante right, that's his rival. I saw that on quiter but I didn't have time to bablefish it.

And I played the Demo of this game at Hypergame and let me tell you it is a lot better than DMC2. In some ways it seems better than the first one.

[this message was edited by legalstep on Fri 17 Sep 12:46]

DarkZero
937th Post

"Re(2):After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Sat 18 Sep 01:51post reply

quote:
But that's not Dante right, that's his rival. I saw that on quiter but I didn't have time to bablefish it.

And I played the Demo of this game at Hypergame and let me tell you it is a lot better than DMC2. In some ways it seems better than the first one.

As far as I can tell, that's Dante. For one thing, it has Dante's color scheme (red & black), not Vergil's (blue). And second, if you take a look at the E3 trailer, the silhouette of Dante's devil transformation looks a lot like Kaneko's design.

Iggy
4581th Post

"Re(3):After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Sat 18 Sep 02:05post reply

quote:
As far as I can tell, that's Dante. For one thing, it has Dante's color scheme (red & black), not Vergil's (blue). And second, if you take a look at the E3 trailer, the silhouette of Dante's devil transformation looks a lot like Kaneko's design.

Plus, it's what is written.*
But then, what do you know. It's not some trusty solid source like a GameFAQs forum, it's only the official site.

DarkZero
938th Post

"Re(4):After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Sat 18 Sep 03:13post reply

quote:
Plus, it's what is written.*
But then, what do you know. It's not some trusty solid source like a GameFAQs forum, it's only the official site.

I usually merely chuckle at Iggy's GameFAQs jokes, but this time, he mentioned GameFAQs so many times that I actually decided to check their Devil May Cry 3 forum. Some of this is truly classic.

According to GameFAQs Master Scholar and Negotiator "Dwarfkicker", Dante's DT is not only a serious topic, but puts forward the idea their board "has been divided" on it.

No sense has been knocked into this board. With the unveiling of Dante's DT (I would have put CT but this is a more serious topic) this board has been divided on how this should be viewed, something cool/something bad.

DragonHybrid, taking on the persona of his alter ego Captain Ellipsis, believes that the design may... cause... the game... to suck. His grammar would've been of a higher quality, but apparently his sidekick Apostrophe Boy is taking the week off. Rumor has it that Comma Girl is filling, in, for, the time, being.

Good post, but for the first time, I disagree with you LHK. The design, in game, still feels too much like SMT, and not DMC 3. I hope they add to it before release...because if they dont..it will suck..

Did you know that Dahbomb is skilled in Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 4, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2, Onimusha 3, Dynasty Warriors 4 and Tekken Tag Tournament? I didn't. Do you care that Dahbomb is skilled in Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 4, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2, Onimusha 3, Dynasty Warriors 4 and Tekken Tag Tournament? I don't.

And hey, if the new design has you feeling down, you can always cheer yourself up by making retarded fanart.

lol daante new dt

deisied
154th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Sun 19 Sep 11:53post reply

yep, i took note of what's occuring at gfaqs, the attitude here in comparison says...something indeed.

anyway, to keep it simple, i do approve of the design. in game, most people probably won't even notice so whatever, still thought process there is pretty clazy.

Ammadeau
1160th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(6):After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Sun 19 Sep 21:11post reply

I approve of the design for the simple fact that it makes many DMC fanboys angry and upset. Even being a huge fan of the artist seems like a lesser importance in comparison.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

legalstep
13th Post

New Customer

"Re(7):After Dante in Megaten3..." , posted Mon 20 Sep 10:09post reply

Hmmm I will adapt to this new Dante devil trigger.

Radish
2794th Post

"Re(5):Majin Dante" , posted Mon 20 Sep 10:38post reply

quote:

FREAKIN' SWEET!

I want a membership card

Nate
221th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(5):Majin Dante" , posted Mon 20 Sep 11:01post reply

quote:

Can I get in on this manlove?

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

Iggy
4599th Post

"Re(6):Majin Dante" , posted Mon 20 Sep 15:06post reply

quote:
I want a membership card

You're already in.
quote:

You're already in.

Evenor
65th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):Majin Dante's backside" , posted Mon 20 Sep 15:24post reply

I like his ass wings

Dante's new DT is the only reason why ill probably get this game

毎日毎晩今でも欠かさず絶頂に上りイッテおります!

Zepy
945th Post

"Re(7):Majin Dante" , posted Tue 21 Sep 04:15post reply

quote:
I want a membership card
You're already in.
You're already in.

I want you.

Iggy
4613th Post

"I won't fall for this" , posted Tue 21 Sep 04:46post reply

___
          , -'     ̄`⌒ ‐- 、         O
         /             \     / \ ─ ` /
        /    /  / /          \
      /     /  //| /   /  /ヽ  ヽ
      /   _ /  // |_|__厶/    ヽ   ',   |  | |
      /   /f./   /リ レ{_/ ノ  {i   ',  |    |  | |
    i    { l/   /   (_9'       `ー l   !    !  ! ! -──‐- .、
     !   V   /             (9' | /' ̄/ / /'       `ヽ、
    l     /  /         __     ! /  ノ ノ ノ / ,r/  ,、   \
   .!     !  ∧         /   /     // /  ! __ /// ,∠厶 / } ∧  \
   |    |  l/゙l「lヽ、   /`ヽ/    //'    |{/!   レ'=ミl/   /、/ .| | i !
    |    | .!  | !l i` ‐、二ニ_, -‐'/!  __/  ゝ__ """O    レ'゙ゝ、| | | | `ヽ、 >>Zepy
   .!    ,イ ! / \㍉|/  〃/`ヽ /     `ヽ     /     〉_  ㍉、リ! j| |    ',
   l  /|i| l/ /ノーi ( ̄}} ̄   !./     / _ l       /   /  ""O |.lノリ\   !
   |   ̄ | l /'   | !`イ、___ノ!      ノ'|, -/ヽ、__  /`ヽ/      /      ヽ |
   |     レ'       /ノ        |      /  |!l /{__,ヽ\ /    /        ! j
   |    /ー- 、          |     / ∠二j7≦! ̄ `ヽi── '         ノ′
   |    / / / ̄`┬‐┬‐┬─l     /     l l ヽ    |

Ishmael
1647th Post

"Re(8):Majin Dante's backside" , posted Tue 21 Sep 07:47post reply

quote:
I like his ass wings

Dante's new DT is the only reason why ill probably get this game

Those must be some hordcore glutes Dante has if they allow him to get airborne. I do like how the in-game shot on that page shows how the wings will fold up under that little short jacket thing DT Dante has so when he's standing idle it looks like he's wearing a trenchcoat.