[an error occurred while processing this directive] New Shinsengumi Game - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Phoenix
573th Post

user profileedit/delete message

New Red Carpet Member

"New Shinsengumi Game" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:06:post reply

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/09/news_6107066.html

It looks like Nobuhiro Watsuki, creator of Kenshin, will be involved with this game for character designs and such and will be teaming up with Sega's Red Entertainment.

"Shinsengumi Gunrou-den takes place in the late 19th century, when foreign influences over Japan were growing stronger and the government's power was getting weaker. The player's objective in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den is to protect the old capital city of Kyoto against a group called the Ishin Shihi, who are plotting a revolution that would bring down the feudal government, and restore the country's control to the Emperor.

The player in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den takes the role of the real-life Shinsengumi commander Okita Soushi, and fights against the Ishin Shishi with sword slashes and various special attacks. Other historical Shinsengumi members such as Saitou Hajime, Kondou Isao, and Tsujikata Toshizou are confirmed to be in the game, although it's unknown for now whether or not they will be playable.

Fans of Watsuki's art will note that the character designs of Shinsengumi members in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den are different from those in the Rurouni Kenshin manga series. For example, while Okita Soushi appeared in Kenshin looking nearly childlike, he's depicted in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den as a young man."

Shinsengumi Gunrou-den is slated for release in December at the retail price of 7,140 yen.

This reminds me of Fu-un Shinsengumi PS2 which was an awesome game. I always thought Watsuki should've done a Shinsengumi series like Peacekeeper Kurogane after RK. Anyway this sounds promising. Thanks to KDash from S-C.

http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9009

With games like this and Cowboy Bebop coming up, I might as well wish for a City Hunter game. XP

Here's hoping that we get to fight against Kenshin/Shishio as Saitou/Okita.

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Fri 10 Sep 12:21]

Replies:

Spoon
611th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):New Shinsengumi Game" , posted Fri 10 Sep 16:17post reply

quote:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/09/09/news_6107066.html

It looks like Nobuhiro Watsuki, creator of Kenshin, will be involved with this game for character designs and such and will be teaming up with Sega's Red Entertainment.

"Shinsengumi Gunrou-den takes place in the late 19th century, when foreign influences over Japan were growing stronger and the government's power was getting weaker. The player's objective in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den is to protect the old capital city of Kyoto against a group called the Ishin Shihi, who are plotting a revolution that would bring down the feudal government, and restore the country's control to the Emperor.

The player in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den takes the role of the real-life Shinsengumi commander Okita Soushi, and fights against the Ishin Shishi with sword slashes and various special attacks. Other historical Shinsengumi members such as Saitou Hajime, Kondou Isao, and Tsujikata Toshizou are confirmed to be in the game, although it's unknown for now whether or not they will be playable.

Fans of Watsuki's art will note that the character designs of Shinsengumi members in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den are different from those in the Rurouni Kenshin manga series. For example, while Okita Soushi appeared in Kenshin looking nearly childlike, he's depicted in Shinsengumi Gunrou-den as a young man."

Shinsengumi Gunrou-den is slated for release in December at the retail price of 7,140 yen.

This reminds me of Fu-un Shinsengumi PS2 which was an awesome game. I always thought Watsuki should've done a Shinsengumi series like Peacekeeper Kurogane after RK. Anyway this sounds promising. Thanks to KDash from S-C.

http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9009

With games like this and Cowboy Bebop coming up, I might as well wish for a City Hunter game. XP

Here's hoping that we get to fight against Kenshin/Shishio as Saitou/Okita.

So is this a different game from Konami's Shinsengumi for the PS2?

Phoenix
573th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(2):New Shinsengumi Game" , posted Fri 10 Sep 20:44post reply

Yeah, this one is from Sega. I enjoyed the Fu-un Shinsengumi game which is probably the Konami game.

Sano
1154th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):New Shinsengumi Game" , posted Fri 17 Sep 09:11post reply

Great! We still need Harada Sanosuke, the real life inspiration for Sagara Sanosuke. I wish it was the same Okita from the Manga so we could have our Seta Sojiro (Inspired by Okita) but oh well.