[an error occurred while processing this directive] X-Men questions - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

rid_hershel
6214th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 11:26post reply

I've been out from the X-Universe since the early Morrison days, like many old-school fans, and I've returned because of Claremont and Joss Whedon (so far Whedon is... well, astonishing). Well, I still checked X-Treme but it wasn't related to the others.

I just wanted to ask if somebody can explain me who exactly was Cassandra Nova and what happened with her, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Replies:

Sano
1122th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(1):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 11:38post reply

Cassandra Nova is Professor X's twin sister. Before she became fully formed in Prof. X's Mom's womb, Prof. X sensed she was evil, killed her by tossing out the genetic material that would become her from the womb with his mind, she later found a host body. (something like that, it's hard to explain/remember off the top of my head.) Last seen, her Mind was placed in a Psy-Realm where she will re-learn everything from the begining to be good.

A big BOOOOO goes out to Joss Whedon for bringing Colossus back to life.

ONSLAUGHT
3065th Post

"bah..." , posted Fri 10 Sep 11:41post reply

quote:

It's for crap like this that I switched to the Ultimate Universe...

Also, that Cassandra Nova plot was/is utter bullshit...

Valen
11th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 11:46post reply

quote:

WTF??? It is just dream come true!!! It's ALIVE!!! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha....

It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice...

Rid Hershel
6215th Post

"Re(3):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 11:53post reply

Well, he had to return, it's comic book logic. Do you really think that Magneto and Jean aren't returning eventually?

Thanks for the info, now I want to see how the Excalibur events unfold in Uncanny, loved how Claremont is using lots of refernces, I laughed loudly when Wolvie "ripped" Storm's dress like in that old UXM number, without the same results.

Oroch
715th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:02post reply

quote:
Cassandra Nova is Professor X's twin sister. Before she became fully formed in Prof. X's Mom's womb, Prof. X sensed she was evil, killed her by tossing out the genetic material that would become her from the womb with his mind, she later found a host body. (something like that, it's hard to explain/remember off the top of my head.) Last seen, her Mind was placed in a Psy-Realm where she will re-learn everything from the begining to be good.

dude really?

uncle colossus pwns you

真剣勝負

Sano
1124th Post

"Re(3):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:09post reply

Well, Colossus being alive has sparked a HUGE debate over at SRK that dealt with everything from current continuity to bringing dead people alive, (and this discussion is still not 100% over... I'll provide a Link later so you can see us Geeks argue...) so I'll just say I am 'dead' set against bringing people back to life in Marvel Comics. They have done it to 'death.'

DarkZero
926th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:21post reply

quote:
Well, he had to return, it's comic book logic. Do you really think that Magneto and Jean aren't returning eventually?

Thanks for the info, now I want to see how the Excalibur events unfold in Uncanny, loved how Claremont is using lots of refernces, I laughed loudly when Wolvie "ripped" Storm's dress like in that old UXM number, without the same results.

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Doesn't Magneto come back in Excalibur #1? I remember seeing a preview for that with Magneto and Professor X, and they were joking about "What, exactly, was in that coffin?" Magneto even makes a joke about Jean's ability for spontaneous resurrection being almost like a second mutation, and I think he even asks if she's "back yet" or some such, inferring that A) Magneto doesn't think she's dead at all, B) she's coming back, and C) fuck Grant Morrison.

End of Spoiler

Rid Hershel
6216th Post

"Re(5):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:27post reply

C!

Hungrywolf
2960th Post

"Re(5):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:27post reply

I know my response to your spoiler would be C. I'm so glad that Colossus is back too.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Iggy
4473th Post

"Re(6):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 12:40post reply

Just a question : how did Jean and Magneto died this time ?
Oh, and how was Colossus revived ? He was killed by Onslaught, right ? Which character killed then is still dead, by the way ?

Sano
1128th Post

"Re(7):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 13:58:post reply

Long story short, Magneto killed Jean, he used up his Power putting all of his pent up energy in Jean making him temporarily powerless, this gave Wolverine the oppurtunity to decapitate Magneto. Then it turned out that wasn't the real Magneto, but an imposter. So Magneto is still running around in secret while the world thinks he's dead. He's down with Prof. X now on the side of good.

Colossus' 'death' - There was a Legacy Virus that was killing Mutants. Later the disease spread to Humans. The disease killed Colossus' little sister Illyana. Beast invented the cure, but the only way to make it work, it had to be injected into another Mutant to create Antibodies, but it would kill whichever Mutant it was injected into, so Beast tried to think of another way. Colossus couldn't stand for someone to go through what he went through with loosing his sister while Beast spent more time looking for another cure, so he injected himself with the cure, creating antibodies and saving the entire world from the Legacy Virus.

It hasn't been revealed how Colossus survived this. His corpse was reduced to ashes. He was spotted in 'Heaven', but Marvel's rather iffy on what Heaven is nowadays anyway. It had nothing to do with Onslaught, it was much later.

Anyway, for more details and how I got all us Comic Book Geeks riled up with the Colossus being dead thingy, read my Post and beyond on the below Link -

Link Here

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 10 Sep 14:08]

Sano
1128th Post

"Re(8):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 14:03:post reply

Still dead - Psylocke, Illyana, Pyro, Joseph, Apocalypse(combined with Cyclops, but Cyke is the dominant one so Apoc is 'kinda' dead), Skin and Thunderbird 1. There are a couple more but that's about the gist of it.

[this message was edited by Sano on Fri 10 Sep 14:04]

Hungrywolf
2961th Post

"Re(9):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 16:11post reply

quote:
Still dead - Psylocke, Illyana, Pyro, Joseph, Apocalypse(combined with Cyclops, but Cyke is the dominant one so Apoc is 'kinda' dead), Skin and Thunderbird 1. There are a couple more but that's about the gist of it.

I want Illyana and Betsy back. I really don't mind if characters return from the dead, especially well established ones. I mean, it's a comic book. Besides, regular Colossus > Ultimate Colossus.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Spoon
614th Post

"Re(1):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 16:27post reply

I haven't been into X-Men... well, for a really really long time. Like elementary school long time ago.

So let me get this straight:
Magneto and Apocalypse, great villains that they are, were killed in some fashion. But Magneto's death was short-lived, while Apocalypse has somehow merged with another character.

Colossus died.
I saw a trading card where he was listed under the "supervillain" category. Could somebody explain this to me?

Psylocke and a whole mess of other people died. Was there any significance to this, or did nobody care about these characters anymore/they were getting lame to the writers/the writers were getting lame so they killed them off?

Is Cable still messed up? The last I heard about him was a trading card saying that Magneto wrecked up his cybernetics and so Cable can't fight anymore. Speaking of Cable, whatever happened to Strife? Not that I ever read any Cable comics, but damn if Strife wasn't in every set back then.

Totally OT: is Darkhawk still alive? Or is he all old and married and retired now?

Shin Ramberk
33th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 17:32post reply

Ugh the X-Universe is a mess but here is my opinion on it.

I don't want Claremont to write X-Men anymore. I like it that he's old school but his plots are too silly, too stupid, and his over does it with the dialog and word boxes. Sorry CC fans.

Colossus' death was stupid, so its fine that he's back. The Legacy Virus was a stupid idea.

Most, if not all, X-Men deaths are stupid so it doesn't matter that they come back. The only good death was Magneto's death at the end of the Morrison run. And BTW, Claremont and Austin are just pissing all over what Morrison did in his X-Men run. CC brought back Magneto. Austin made Xorn a different characters. These hack writers don't have a fan following like Morrison, and they wish they could sell as many comics as he does, so they go and piss all over his work. This pisses me off to no end.

BTW, here is a spoiler about the Morrison run, so don't read it if you plan on reading it later.

If you read the entire length of Morrison's run, you will see how he carefully plotted everything. The last villain in his run was there all along from the beginning. He also put very subtle hints showing that Xorn was Magneto all along. It was very well plotted. And these fools piss all over it. Somebody shoot me.

End of Spoiler

I also want to add that I'm not some Morrison fanboy. I liked his run but I'm not in love with. I do know that I've given Austin and Claremont several tries to impress but they always fail. And it just ticks me off... okay, enough ranting.

DarkZero
928th Post

"Re(3):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 19:57post reply

quote:

Most, if not all, X-Men deaths are stupid so it doesn't matter that they come back. The only good death was Magneto's death at the end of the Morrison run. And BTW, Claremont and Austin are just pissing all over what Morrison did in his X-Men run. CC brought back Magneto. Austin made Xorn a different characters. These hack writers don't have a fan following like Morrison, and they wish they could sell as many comics as he does, so they go and piss all over his work. This pisses me off to no end.

I also want to add that I'm not some Morrison fanboy. I liked his run but I'm not in love with. I do know that I've given Austin and Claremont several tries to impress but they always fail. And it just ticks me off... okay, enough ranting.

The problem with this is that American comic books last for decades, but regularly switch writers. So no matter how carefully plotted it is, you can't just stroll in and knock off two characters that have been around for 35 years. Xavier's and Magneto's different beliefs about the role of mutants are the entire point of the core X-Men comics. If you decide to kill off Magneto, then your story better be either the last X-Men story ever, or the best X-Men story ever (making it also the last one, at least in spirit). From all the feedback I've seen, Morrison's run was nowhere near that sort of quality. I didn't get to read it myself, but I have yet to see anyone except you describe it as anything but an obtuse high-concept mess.

And it all depends on how it's executed, but so far, I think that bringing Colossus back was worth it just for the way the series will look in a trade. On one page, Beast saying, "Why can't the dead stay buried?" and Cyclops looking horrified and saying, "Jean?" right in front of the White Queen. And on the next page, the big, shiny Colossus cover that silently, but clearly proclaims, "FUCK NO."

By the way, has anyone read any of the new Excalibur? I haven't gotten to read it yet, but the idea of a team consisting of Magneto, Xavier, and Callisto wandering a crazy mutant wasteland sounds interesting.

Oh, and to continue the questions:

1) Cyclops, Apocalypse, together... dominant personality... WTF?

2) Callisto has tentacles?

ZamIAm
1369th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 21:07post reply

quote:
2) Callisto has tentacles?

She was experomented on during the X-Treme series. That Storm 4 parter in Dec. I'll look for it later.

Ignorance
Rules
Our
Nerdy
Dorks

Shin Ramberk
34th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 21:28post reply

In regards to DarkZero's comments. In some ways, Morrison was 'too high concept' for his own good. His x-men run didn't fit the regular mold. He was overly intellectual and didn't deliver on the wam-bang-action-movie sequences too often. But even if you think that Morrison was acting 'too smart' during his tenure as an x-writer, his books were still good. They might not have a been as fun as a mindless action, but they were good reads. They were damn well plotted, with damn well characterziations. You really have to read the entire run in one sitting to understand 'the big picture'. And that turns people off, it turns me off a little. X-Men is supposed to be cheezy, soap opera-ish, and mindless half the time.

But my point is, CC and Austin are hack writers. They might deliver on some of the 'big action' ideas, but overall, their stories are just too weak. With CC, its his cliche story ideas, retreads and just lame ideas. With Austin its just TERRIBLE ideas, terrible characterization. And its just terrible that they piss all over some of Morrison's contributions to the x-men.

Yes, Magneto was going to eventually gonna come back. But the way that CC resurrected him and doing it so quickly, its just a big piss on Morrrison's climactic storyline. Its really disrespectul. Whats worse is that CC isn't even developing a better story with Magneto. I thought Excalibur was going to be a neat concept, with Xavier and Magneto working together. It is a neat concept, but the book is terrible. Its stupid. Its ridiculous.

And about writers overturning other writers stories. Yes, it happens all the time. But it doesn't mean we should just be happy and deal with it. CC is a fool. Austin is a bigger fool, just cause he doesn't have the cred that CC once had.

Its a load of BS. Morrison wrote a great story, it might not have been super-fun but it was a great story and these fools come over, piss on it and deliver something that's not even better. Ugh. Sorry for my profanity but CC has been getting on my nerves for a long time. And Austin is a hack.

Puar
649th Post

"Re(5):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 22:04post reply

On the bright side, Austen is off of X-Men now, and off of Marvel to boot. He is a hack. I don't get how any guy who can go into an interview, say that fans are trolls, say screw continuity, and not expect to be flamed or hated... Asshole. I'll also never like him for screwing Nightcrawler's origin, saying that Kurt has more than one penis, and for effing up Nocturne, Nightcrawler's alternate reality daugher, and her powers every time he writes her.

"You should get to know me better no one's every what they seem..."

Puar
650th Post

"Re(6):X-Men questions" , posted Fri 10 Sep 22:09post reply

After looking over the thread, more comments...

Joe Q said that Whedon had some big über plan for Colossus that he couldn't deny him...

He also said that Psylocke's death was a "Super Villain Death", had no substance, and alluded to her return...

Jean's remains are being experimented on in Astonishing X-Men. She's getting her own LS soon, I'd look up the date if I wasn't too lazy... She's also alive again in X-Men: The End.

Chuck Austen is still a hack. He made Colossus suffocate in space, when he doesn't need to breathe, gave Gambit the ability to teleport somehow, and killed Skin off-panel for the hell of it... Hack.

Iggy
4476th Post

"Re(8):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 01:10post reply

Thanks for the resume, Sano

ZamIAm
1370th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(9):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 04:54post reply

Um, I don't know if I've asked this before but, what the heck can Husk actually DO? I've never read anything where she uses them and all the descriptions I've read have been vague.

Ignorance
Rules
Our
Nerdy
Dorks

Just a Person
657th Post

"Re(1):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 07:12post reply

I want Psylocke back... Although I think killing someone just to bring them back later is stupid, killing Psylocke was the worst thing I could ever see.
I don't care about Jean and Magneto (even though I know they will be back later), but Betsy needs to come back to life soon...

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Shin Ramberk
35th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 10:18post reply

quote:
Um, I don't know if I've asked this before but, what the heck can Husk actually DO? I've never read anything where she uses them and all the descriptions I've read have been vague.

She has the ability to change the molecular composition of her body. So, for example, she's in a situation where she has to become invulnerable or unbreakable, so she makes her body take a diamond form or substance. Or she needs to have a sharp edge on her body, so she might turn her arm into metal or glass. She can even change into liquids.

And the way she does this is by 'husking'. That is she tears of the outer layer of her body, her skin, and the new body appears underneath it. Kind of like how you husk a piece of corn.

Rid Hershel
6217th Post

"Re(2):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 11:07post reply

quote:
I want Psylocke back... Although I think killing someone just to bring them back later is stupid, killing Psylocke was the worst thing I could ever see.
I don't care about Jean and Magneto (even though I know they will be back later), but Betsy needs to come back to life soon...

Only if she appears on Claremont's title, other writers never handled her too well in my opinion (I remember in the Lobdell days she was oe of the plainest characters ever seen).

Hungrywolf
2962th Post

"Re(5):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 14:18post reply

quote:

But my point is, CC and Austin are hack writers. They might deliver on some of the 'big action' ideas, but overall, their stories are just too weak. With CC, its his cliche story ideas, retreads and just lame ideas. With Austin its just TERRIBLE ideas, terrible characterization. And its just terrible that they piss all over some of Morrison's contributions to the x-men.

Yes, Magneto was going to eventually gonna come back. But the way that CC resurrected him and doing it so quickly, its just a big piss on Morrrison's climactic storyline. Its really disrespectul.

I am not a fan of Austin and what he did (though I did like the 'She Lies with Angels' storyline, did he write that?), so I can agree with you on that. I'd never call Claremont a hack writer though. I like his work. Sure it's not all great, but I have liked what he's done so far. And if I was responsible for a lot of the X-men's history, I'd piss all over Morrison's run too. (on an unrelated note, Joss Whedon is doing great things in Astonishing.)

quote:
Whats worse is that CC isn't even developing a better story with Magneto.

It's been about 4 or 5 issues so far. Give it a little time.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Gen
2680th Post

"Re(6):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 19:51post reply

quote:
I'll also never like him for screwing Nightcrawler's origin, saying that Kurt has more than one penis, and for effing up Nocturne, Nightcrawler's alternate reality daugher, and her powers every time he writes her.

1 What is Nightcrawler's origin originally and what is this writer's version?
What I skimmed off a few web sites was that Nighcrawler was Mystique's child.

2 Anyone want to provide some info on Nocturne?

Thanks.

I like Psylocke and I expected that she'd return of course... I liked her look, fashy powers and cool name. Maybe if I read her comics more I'd like her personality.

Jocularity?

Spoon
619th Post

"Re(7):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 20:50post reply

quote:
saying that Kurt has more than one penis,

Combined with his teleportation power, Nightcrawler's going to become an unstoppable rape machine!
Dark, demony/gobliny appeareance, check.
Long, prehensile tail, check.
Ability to appear out of nowhere and assault you, check.
Multiple phalluses, check.

Scary.
Tell me that this will not come to pass.

Actually, what is this whole thing about him having two penises? That sounds like a genuinely bizarre characteristic to introduce. Please, don't tell me that it's one of his mutant powers...

Gen
2681th Post

"Re(8):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 21:37post reply

quote:
saying that Kurt has more than one penis,

Combined with his teleportation power, Nightcrawler's going to become an unstoppable rape machine!
Dark, demony/gobliny appeareance, check.
Long, prehensile tail, check.
Ability to appear out of nowhere and assault you, check.
Multiple phalluses, check.

Scary.
Tell me that this will not come to pass.

Actually, what is this whole thing about him having two penises? That sounds like a genuinely bizarre characteristic to introduce. Please, don't tell me that it's one of his mutant powers...

Lots of lizards have 2 peniseses. Maybe the writer was thinking of him as lizardly..

Jocularity?

Spoon
620th Post

"Re(9):X-Men questions" , posted Sat 11 Sep 22:21post reply

quote:

Lots of lizards have 2 peniseses. Maybe the writer was thinking of him as lizardly..

I'm really ignorant about the comics, but is that really the reason? I'd honestly like to know, cuz it's just a pretty strange sounding trait to an old character.

Gen
2682th Post

"Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Sun 12 Sep 02:33post reply

quote:

I'm really ignorant about the comics, but is that really the reason? I'd honestly like to know, cuz it's just a pretty strange sounding trait to an old character.

I haven't read it much lately to know for sure; Maybe he was thinking lizardly / devily.

Jocularity?

DarkZero
930th Post

"Re(7):X-Men questions" , posted Sun 12 Sep 03:26:post reply

quote:
2 Anyone want to provide some info on Nocturne?

Nocturne is a mutant from another reality who became a member of The Exiles (basically the mutant equivalent of the TV show "Sliders"). In the other reality, she was the child of Nightcrawler and the Scarlet Witch, and Nightcrawler's genes gave her the usual Mystique/Nightcrawler look. Her only mutant power, that I know of, is the ability to phase into other people's bodies and possess them, which is a fun, random little power sort of like Mimic's or Gideon's. I haven't read much of The Exiles, but seeing what she could do while possessing the Invisible Woman was sort of cool.

The way The Exiles work is that an only-barely-existant (don't ask) omnipotent being drags people out of their realities and forces them to start dimension-hopping along with the rest of the team. At some point, random individuals are chosen to be added and deleted from the team, and it was decided that Nocturne could retire from the team just a couple of issues back. Because this happened during a trip to the regular Marvel universe, Nocturne ended up staying there, and the comic ends with her walking up to Xavier's school to join up with the X-Men and the regular reality's Nightcrawler, only to be convinced to come away and join some unseen individual off-screen.

How the Hell she goes from saving a few dozen alternate realities to deciding that ALL HUMANS MUST DIE is beyond me, but I'm at a loss for how that storyline could be anything short of craptacular. And from the previews I saw, she's apparently wearing an old-school Nightcrawler costume right now, which is kind of weird, considering that she didn't seem to be acrobatic at all in The Exiles. I'm hoping that that was someone else in a similar costume and that she was just off-screen.

EDIT: Nope, that's definitely Nocturne. Smack dab in the middle. Blue skin, blue hair, Nightcrawler costume, and moving just like Nightcrawler (for reasons I do not comprehend!).

[this message was edited by DarkZero on Sun 12 Sep 03:31]

Krzyzewski Man
886th Post

"Re(6):X-Men questions" , posted Sun 12 Sep 17:29post reply

quote:
On the bright side, Austen is off of X-Men now, and off of Marvel to boot. He is a hack. I don't get how any guy who can go into an interview, say that fans are trolls, say screw continuity, and not expect to be flamed or hated... Asshole.

PREACH!!!

quote:
saying that Kurt has more than one penis

Well, that is kinda funny. Oh, and Iggy, how'd you of all people miss this?

Also, my take on Morrison and the aftermath of his run: Morrison made a great, incredibly deep, out-there storyline (which should have been the obvious result from the start) which constantly showed just how repetitive and stupid X-Men continuity was, and set about trying to fix things as best he could. And of course, the little parasites of CC and Austen weren't able to write under such conditions, so they set everything back to normal. Austen is truly an embarrassment as a writer and human being - I still can't believe Quesada was stupid enough to let him screw around with one of the top Marvel franchises. CC is a pathetic case - he's kinda like Prince is today, in a weird sense. He did some great stuff with the X-Men (and, it must be said, with John Byrne around to fix his flaws), but he is completely out of ideas now and he has no one around to check him and bring him back to reality.

The resident lapsed Catholic progressive absurdist.

Rid Hershel
6219th Post

"Warren Ellis" , posted Sun 12 Sep 17:47:post reply

"ASTONISHING X-MEN is by my good friends John Cassaday and Laura Martin and Joss Whedon whom I met once and is a really nice bloke. It has the X-Men in the pervert suits because the pervert suits will make people like them. Joss is adapting well to comics.

NEW X-MEN: PAEDO ACADEMY has minors in pervert suits, and soon Evil Professor X will turn up to give them psychic orgasms and make them sit in his lap.

OLD X-MEN is by Chris Claremont and Alan Davis who have come to show the young people that all their music is crap and what you really need is a bit of Mantovani or perhaps some skiffle because it's got a good beat.

OTHER X-MEN is by poor old Chuck Austen who never hurt nobody and who used to do a comic called STRIP which was a funny porno comic for teenagers. And it's got all the shitey X-Men characters that no-one else wanted."

from: http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/tommy83i.html

[this message was edited by Rid Hershel on Sun 12 Sep 17:49]

Baines
5th Post

New Customer

"Status of various characters" , posted Sun 12 Sep 19:37post reply

Some of these haven't been addressed:

Callisto: Masque changed her arms to tentacles in the Arena storyline of X-Treme X-Men. Afterwards, she decided she liked them and didn't want to be changed back.

Magneto: More complicated than it appears. Xavier claimed the Morrison Magneto was an imposter when he talked to the "real" Magneto in Excalibur. But there are fishy things about the Excalibur Magneto. He had no clue what the imposter was doing. He has headaches when he uses his powers, but it is suspiciously sporadic. People seem to not respond the way they should upon seeing him (with Callisto's attack being the exception). Claremont has claimed it is more complicated than it might appear. Popular speculation is that the Morrison Magneto was real but didn't die, and Xavier is trying to "reform" him, clouding memories and limiting powers. Other speculation is that Excalibur Magneto isn't really Magneto. (Claremont has also implied that the next year of stories for Uncanny, Excalibur, and X-Men:The End will tie together. And Uncanny has had the presence of a reality altering character already.)

Psylocke: Killed by Vargas during the "Deaths are Permanent" mandate of Quesada and Jemas. Claremont teased her return, but Bogan's slave turned out to be Rachel instead. Despite there being no reason for it to be Rachel, and there being reason for it to be Psylocke.

Vargas: Rogue claimed she didn't kill Vargas, but I don't think he has been seen alive since their "battle to the death."

Gambit: Apparently he is currently blind in some books and not blind in others.

Nightcrawler: Austen, in a very poorly written arc, revealed that Nightcrawler's father is a powerful (but apparently rather stupid, but that is the fault of Austen's lack of plotting skill) demon. Standard Austen quality.

Genosha: Leveled under Morrison, with the population wiped out. Now Claremont has it populated with plenty of survivors who seem to be doing a pretty good job surviving an area that was wiped out and isn't getting relief.

Cassandra Nova: Complicated. She is captured with her mind placed into the otherwise empty body of a polymorph that was named Stuff, where she was being mentally re-educated. (And in Morrison's temporary future, she is a good guy.) However, Morrison also implies (or even states) that Ernst (who first appears after the Cassandra story) is actually Cassandra in Stuff's body. After Morrison's run, Austen, in standard badly done form, has an extremely worried Scott and Beast think to check Cassandra's cell only to find it empty and then promptly forget about it.

Xorn: Due to editorial decree, Austen was told to make the "real" Xorn. Which is why a character who never actually existed now actually exists. (Supposedly the current Marvel Management were not happy with the latter part of Morrison's run, and are out to reverse, erase, or transform it.)

Morrison's run in general: It all pretty much ties together and does logically flow, despite appearing not to. His Cyclops is realistic for the circumstances. Readers and writers both tend to miss various aspects, like how Phoenix actually stops Sublime or why Magneto acts like he does. (His Magneto does not "destroy" decades of work, was at best under the influence of a mind altering drug, and at worst under the control of a malevolent entity).

Satoshi_Miwa
2709th Post

"Re(7):X-Men questions" , posted Sun 12 Sep 19:43:post reply

Pretty much Marvel had 2 choices after Morrison left. Try to get someone to follow him and copy his style (which is hard to do) or blow it up and start over again (piss of Morrison fans, but hopefully get in some of the older fans...Then again, with the way Xtreme sold there isn't much left). They probably went with the better way given few writers can do Morrison in US comics, so a classic feel was probably a good thing, with Whedon providing the more progresive take on it...

But I care little for Chris' writing these days. It just feels so off, and reading the last issue which was sans Alan Davis art was just wrong (as wrong as the final few Xtreme issues). So far sales are stable though (not up to Astonshing levels, though), so the old fans are into it. I just hate this retro push back into older story ideas. The return of Hal Jordon (bleah), multiple covers, and big events are not what I want to see in US comics...

[this message was edited by Satoshi_Miwa on Sun 12 Sep 23:09]

Iggy
4495th Post

"Re(7):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 00:42post reply

quote:

Well, since he isn't in MvC2, I don't even have an idea of what he looks like.
My knowledge of anything comic related is extremely limited, with me not being used to the graphical style, the realization, the way each image leads to the other (or rather not leads), and the problems that are being discussed in this thread, which is why I read it with attention. It's like when you don't want to waste 2 hours at a so-so movie and you go look for the spoilers on internet so it's like you have seen it, only shorter and free.
The only comic I read was Watchmen, with the reputation it had and all, and while I loved it, it didn't made me read anything else. It was "OK, I read the best superhero comic, I don't have to read anything else superhero-related now".

Sano
1129th Post

"Re(8):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 06:35post reply

People have constantly told Quesada to fire Austen, but his books sell well, he makes Marvel Money, people out there really loves his stuff, so he's not going anywhere unless he himself decides to leave.

Claremont never wanted to kill Psylocke. He also hated the fact that Colossus got killed off. He said it was stupid to kill off characters that had great potential. (I.E. he was told by people over his head to kill Psylocke.) Psylocke is actually the easiest person you can bring back to life. She is missed up with the Crimson Dawn, she even paid Bishop a visit while he was dimension hopping with Gatecrasher.

Both Lobdell and Maduriera both hate Psylocke. That's why she was missing in the Age of Apocalypse storyline.

Vargas has appeared recently in the "X-Men The End" book. It's Claremont's alternate reality future of how the X-Men will end. The books are on the stands now.

Baines
8th Post

New Customer

"Austen and Claremont" , posted Mon 13 Sep 13:03post reply

quote:
People have constantly told Quesada to fire Austen, but his books sell well, he makes Marvel Money, people out there really loves his stuff, so he's not going anywhere unless he himself decides to leave.

Austen has been on books that would sell nearly regardless of who the author was.

quote:
Vargas has appeared recently in the "X-Men The End" book. It's Claremont's alternate reality future of how the X-Men will end. The books are on the stands now.

Ah, I've avoided the prospect of an 18-issue Claremont maxi-series (even if it is disguised as 3 six-issue series), so I've not read it. He had enough trouble writing one book, which only got worse when he wrote it and a graphic novel together, and now is trying to write three?

Iron D
2474th Post

"Even more questions..." , posted Mon 13 Sep 15:44post reply

1. I'm really out of the loop on the "The End" books. What happened in Wolverine: The End, and what has happened so far in X-men: The End?

2. How did Skin die?

3. Whatever happened to: Penance, Banshee, M, Wildchild, Beak, Angel II, and Sabretooth?

4. Anyone following the new X-force mini?

5. And kinda off-topic, what's the deal with the "Avengers Disassembled" storyline? What's causing the team to break apart?

Zelkin. Pimped.

Krzyzewski Man
888th Post

"Re(8):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 15:49post reply

quote:
Well, since he isn't in MvC2, I don't even have an idea of what he looks like.

Go to the pics section. Look at the pics. Imagine that there are two willies there. Then consider that Nightcrawler is a priest. Then, become an alcoholic.

quote:
My knowledge of anything comic related is extremely limited, with me not being used to the graphical style, the realization, the way each image leads to the other (or rather not leads), and the problems that are being discussed in this thread, which is why I read it with attention.

Sooooo... Berserk has none of these flaws, in other words.

quote:
The only comic I read was Watchmen, with the reputation it had and all, and while I loved it, it didn't made me read anything else. It was "OK, I read the best superhero comic, I don't have to read anything else superhero-related now".

Link Here

Sano
1139th Post

"Re(1):Even more questions..." , posted Mon 13 Sep 17:20:post reply

quote:
1. I'm really out of the loop on the "The End" books. What happened in Wolverine: The End, and what has happened so far in X-men: The End?

2. How did Skin die?

3. Whatever happened to: Penance, Banshee, M, Wildchild, Beak, Angel II, and Sabretooth?

5. And kinda off-topic, what's the deal with the "Avengers Disassembled" storyline? What's causing the team to break apart?

1. The End for X-Men is still going on. It hasn't really ended yet, and it's kind of tricky to describe at this point. I'll reread the books to give you a better answer, it's one of those complex intergalactic type of books. What I can tell you off the top of my head, Cyclops and White Queen are still together and have a kid, they just found Jean who has been dead since our time, Bishop got Deathbird pregnant and their daughter is the main character in the story. Wolverine's The End is a lot easier to get into. It's a continuation of Origin, although since it's set in the far future, you still have to regard it as Alti-Universe of Sorts. Long story short, Wolverine's older brother from Origin was never killed and he went through the Weapon X Project before Wolverine and has been keeping tabs on Woverine for years now. In the Last Issue when Wolverine found him, he gutted him. The next Issue comes out this week I think.

2. The Church of Humanity, the same Church that fooled Nightcrawler into thinking he was a Priest attacked the School. They crucified many of the students on the front lawn while the Teachers were away. Xorn was able to heal most of them but was too late for Skin.

3. The ones I know.

Banshee - Mystique slit his throat. Chances are his powers and voice will be gone, at least for now.
Beak and Angel II - Still students I believe, not getting a lot of Air time.
M - A member of X-Corporation. Prof. X's Global X-Men Chapter.
Sabretooth - A member of Weapon X. He's supposed to still have Adamantium but Greg Rucka didn't know that because in the last issue of Wolverine, Logan popped his claws through Victor Creed's skull...

4. I picked up X-Force 1 because I missed Shatterstar, but damn, can't deal with Liefeld's Art. He's one of the best at co-creating characters (Cable, Deadpool, Shatterstar,) but I just can't deal with his terrible Artwork. Much like the original X-Force, as soon as Liefeld leaves and I hope Nicieza remains as a writer, I'll pick up the book. I wish Liefeld just did the covers like he did for Cable and Deadpool. Then I'd pick up every issue.

5. We don't know who exaclty is screwing with the Avengers in Dissasemble. Vision spat out Ultrons and died, She-Hulk went Hulk like and nuts, Iron Man acted like he was drunk and cursed out the Latverian Representative (Doom in disguise? He didn't speak) at the UN, but he actually wasn't drunk, but no one believes him! Ultimatly, the plan is to get Spider-Man and Wolverine to join the Avengers. Quesada wants to make Avengers more like Justice League. Yeah, it sounds stupid, but Bendis' writing on Assembeled is so good, I think they can actually pull this one of without making it stupid.

[this message was edited by Sano on Mon 13 Sep 17:22]

Iron D
2476th Post

"Re(2):Even more questions..." , posted Mon 13 Sep 18:08post reply

Thanks, Sano.

Zelkin. Pimped.

Just a Person
661th Post

"Re(3):Even more questions..." , posted Mon 13 Sep 18:16post reply

What about Marrow? I read that she fought Sabretooth in the Weapon X stories, but what happened to her? Did she win? If not, did she at least survived?

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Radish
2783th Post

"Re(2):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 18:26:post reply

quote:

Let me make sure I have this straight. Fetus Prof. X knew from the future that his undeveloped sister who technically didn't exist yet is evil so he used his undeveloped brain to shoot her consciousness into space where she takes over other people's bodies?

I just want to make sure I understand it right before I call something the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard.

[this message was edited by Radish on Mon 13 Sep 18:28]

Rid Hershel
6221th Post

"Re(1):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 18:47:post reply

1) Is Longshot's status confirmed or we'll have to wait for Claremont to dive into the Mojoverse?

2) How many of the Weapon ## characters have appeared? I know of Captain America, Wolverine, Fantomex and Ultimaton.

3) What is Spiral's Lady Deathstrike's and Mystique's current status?

Thanks

[this message was edited by Rid Hershel on Mon 13 Sep 19:03]

Spoon
623th Post

"Re(2):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 19:32post reply

quote:
1) Is Longshot's status confirmed or we'll have to wait for Claremont to dive into the Mojoverse?

Whoa, Longshot is still alive?
To be more accurate, they still make comics of Longshot?

Wasn't he the high luck guy with four fingers or something like that?

Krzyzewski Man
890th Post

"Re(3):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 21:03post reply

quote:

And Dazzler is his HO ASS BITCH.

Shin Ramberk
39th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 22:04post reply

quote:

And Dazzler is his HO ASS BITCH.

Ah, and here I thought it was Bitch Ass Ho.

Krzyzewski Man
892th Post

"Re(5):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 22:08post reply

quote:
Ah, and here I thought it was Bitch Ass Ho.

Then thou must get thee to a HerVery and be enlightened.

DarkZero
930th Post

"Re(6):X-Men questions" , posted Mon 13 Sep 23:15post reply

quote:

Beak and Angel have four half-bird-half-fly children and were living pretty happily next to the Xavier Institute until the Exiles showed up, were caught by Beak, and then dragged him off to Four Freedoms Plaza with them so he couldn't tell anyone about their presence. At the end of that arc, Beak was "unstuck in time" by the omnipotent being (which does not really exist!) that controls the Exiles. Now he's their newest member (one of them, anyway) and Angel is still crying her eyes out because he disappeared without a trace and she thinks he just took off and left them.

Along with Namora, Namor's blue-skinned even-more-goddamned-annoying female mutant counterpart, he is my least favorite part of the Exiles. I picked a fantastic jumping on point for this series. God, I hope they kill her off.

Iggy
4507th Post

"Re(9):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 01:12post reply

quote:
Go to the pics section. Look at the pics. Imagine that there are two willies there. Then consider that Nightcrawler is a priest. Then, become an alcoholic.
That's a lot for a single individual.

quote:
Sooooo... Berserk has none of these flaws, in other words.

HEY ! I try to be diplomatic and nice and not say how I despise this world of neverending self contradicting plots that lead nowhere full of bland characters struck motionless in the middle of a page for the sake of it !
Notice how I said "I'm not used to...", which implies I reckon you have to understand the general graphical language of the comic book industry, which is completely different from the japanese graphical language I'm used to. This is how I manage to be nice and all and not say how comic books suck in a comic book thread. I'm so smart.

quote:
Link Here

Looks... interesting.

Krzyzewski Man
899th Post

"Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 01:20post reply

quote:
That's a lot for a single individual.

But with the spirit of Ayn Rand behind you, there is nothing you cannot accomplish!

quote:
HEY ! I try to be diplomatic and nice and not say how I despise this world of neverending self contradicting plots that lead nowhere full of bland characters struck motionless in the middle of a page for the sake of it !

A bunch of nuts and aliens in spandex is bland? And since when has Berserk been brief? Didn't it start back in the 80's?

quote:
Notice how I said "I'm not used to...", which implies I reckon you have to understand the general graphical language of the comic book industry, which is completely different from the japanese graphical language I'm used to. This is how I manage to be nice and all and not say how comic books suck in a comic book thread. I'm so smart.

YES YOU ARE! *gives Iggy delicious candy for being so smart*

Iggy
4509th Post

"Re(2):Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 01:47post reply

quote:
A bunch of nuts and aliens in spandex is bland?

Fashion sense doesn't do everything !
(Oh my god... Krzyzewski ! Look what you made me say ! I resent you for that!)

quote:
And since when has Berserk been brief? Didn't it start back in the 80's?

It's not a matter of being brief, it's a matter of having one storyline that has a clear goal and doesn't wander everywhere. For example, Dragon Ball or SailorMoon have the same thing as the comics : the story could have stopped at the end of each story arc, but they introduced a new baddie to make the series go on every time.
Berserk couldn't have stopped, say, after the Lost Children, or after the Danzaihen. The motion that animates the main character is the same from the one of the beginning, and at the same time the character changed a lot, evolved psychologically, and... well, the rest is a matter of story telling. It's all about making the story longer and longer but at the same time not make it feel like the character is stuck in the same state.
But then, like what happened to Clamp with X, the problem of having such an apparently solid storyline is that if at some point, it becomes clear that you don't have an idea of where you lead your story and you've spend the last 4 years by just bring in random elements that by chance seemed coherent, you're super screwed and so is the rest of the series which appeared good before it. With separated storylines, you can say "I like the 4th part of Jojo" or "I like the Freezer arc" [I don't, it's for the sake of the argument] ; if suddenly in Berserk dead people came back to life with no reason or other shitty things like this, I would find it really hard to mourn and read the past volumes, thinking "it was good then" while I remembered that in the recent episodes, Guts forgave Griffith and they joined their cosmos to beat Ganishka who was the main bad guy all along.
The problem is that Berserk has such a complicated world and storyline that it would be a real miracle if by the end (in 10 ? 15 years?) everything had a solid shape and meaning.
A problem Bastard!!, for example, doesn't have AT ALL.I want another smart candy !

Krzyzewski Man
901th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 01:53post reply

quote:
A bunch of nuts and aliens in spandex is bland?
Fashion sense doesn't do everything !
(Oh my god... Krzyzewski ! Look what you made me say ! I resent you for that!)

What? You mangle the English language all the time, what's so special about this?

quote:
I want another smart candy !

Sure!

It's in my pants. Buh-zing!

End of Spoiler

Iggy
4511th Post

"Re(4):Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 01:55post reply

quote:
What? You mangle the English language all the time, what's so special about this?

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT !

quote:
Sure!

Your smart candies smell funny.

Krzyzewski Man
902th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 02:02post reply

quote:

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT !

Hey, man no need to pull a Bo Laramie on me! I'm just a confused soul in the world...

quote:
Sure!
Your smart candies smell funny.

That'd be the herpes I got from Shermie oh snap

End of Spoiler

Sano
1140th Post

"Re(6):Re(10):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 06:44:post reply

Forgot about Wildchild. He's with Weapon X too.

And with Cassandra Nova, that's about the gist of it. Charles didn't sense she would be their villain in the future, he sensed that she would be an all around bad person, which is why he killed her. And he was right. She wanted to kill everybody. Ugh, well, it's Morrison. You either love him or hate him. I'm kind of 50/50 on Morrison's entire run.

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 14 Sep 06:47]

Sano
1140th Post

"Re(2):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 07:18post reply

quote:

2) How many of the Weapon ## characters have appeared? I know of Captain America, Wolverine, Fantomex and Ultimaton.

3) What is Spiral's Lady Deathstrike's and Mystique's current status?

Thanks

1. The last I heard of Longshot, remember the X-Babies? Mojo decided to make X-Baby Versions of villains from "The Age of Apocalypse." Dazzler said they were cute but the worst savages Mojo World ever faced. Dazzler escaped to our World and is back at being a singer, she doesn't know what happened to Longshot in Mojoworld, if he is alive or dead. But hey, he's Longshot. I'm sure he'll be lucky enough to survive.

2. That's all the Weapon #s that have appeared as far as I know.

3. Haven't seen Spiral in a long time. I suppose she is still in the Hell that is Mojoworld right now. Lady Deathstrike was last seen paling around with Striker in "God Loves Man Kills 2." Once again, X-Men Comics imitate Movies. She's not with him anymore, so she's on the loose.

Sano
1142th Post

"Re(4):Even more questions..." , posted Tue 14 Sep 07:28:post reply

quote:
What about Marrow? I read that she fought Sabretooth in the Weapon X stories, but what happened to her? Did she win? If not, did she at least survived?

I don't read Weapon X, can't help you out there. Marrow would get seriously f*****d up if she ever tried to step to Sabretooth. The man beat Psylocke to near death and ripped out Archangel's Metallic Wings. And this was before he got Adamantium. All Marrow ever did was stab Wolverine in the neck when he wasn't looking. I don't know exactly what the writers over at Weapon X are doing, but Sabretooth owns the entire Weapon X Team for free.

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 14 Sep 07:28]

Sano
1144th Post

"Shameless Fan Fiction Plug! Be warned!" , posted Tue 14 Sep 09:24:post reply

X-Men - The End - Claremont's Alternate Reality Future of how the X-men will end. Here's what's going on there.

Aliyah Bishop, bastard daughter of Bishop and Deathbird visits her home planet Shi'ar where she discovers Jean Grey is alive, held captive by The Slavers Guild, an Alien Race that enslaves Mutants. Jean joins up with Aliyah Bishop in her house, the Starjammer Spaceship. Also along for the hide Jean Grey ride are Warbird, Nocturne - Nightcrawler's daughter he had with another blue freak - and Nightcrawler.

On Earth, the X-Men realize Jean is alive. Cyclops wants to go get her. No one, not his wifey White Queen (they have a baby), Rachel or Cable want to help Scott. He gets the Stepford Cuckoos to help him out. Rogue and Gambit get captured by the greatest X-Men Villain ever (that's right, I said it. Read Inferno!) Mr. Sinister. He's working with the Slaver's Guild. He finds out Cerise is a Shi'ar spy trying to get the low down on Sinister, he has her killed. When she died, Nightcrawler far away in space cried out her name for no reason in the middle of the night. Well, it's too bad. Nightcrawler/Cerise was my favorite Nightcrawler relationship.

Beast hooked up with Cecilia Reyes. He looks like an older Blue Beast (Think Jim Lee Beast, not the Cat Furball Beast).

Storm is paralyzed from the neck down. Wolverine wet nurses her.

It's a fun book. LOADED with Cameos, way to many to get into here. So far, it looks like it's for straight up hardcore X-Men Fans who know who all of these people are, so if you don't love X-Men, - it's not like Kingdom Come which you can pick up without missing a beat - you may be a bit confused although less confused than reading some of he stuff Morrison was doing... can't rate it seriously until the story ends.

Ah, can't do all this stuff without a shameless plug! If you want to pay me back for my hard work, read what I have written so far in my terrible X-Men vs Street Fighter Fan Fic! You can see how both X-Men and Street Fighter have utterly destroyed my brain, LOL!

Link Here

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 14 Sep 09:32]

Hungrywolf
2963th Post

"Re(3):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 10:00post reply

quote:

Let me make sure I have this straight. Fetus Prof. X knew from the future that his undeveloped sister who technically didn't exist yet is evil so he used his undeveloped brain to shoot her consciousness into space where she takes over other people's bodies?

I just want to make sure I understand it right before I call something the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Yes, that's how most of the rest of Morrison's run was to me as well.

Hungry Like the Wolf

Hungrywolf
2964th Post

"Re(4):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 10:06post reply

quote:

Yes, that's how most of the rest of Morrison's run was to me as well. The stupidest thing I ever heard.

On another note, where did this multiple penises for Nightcrawler come from? I read all of the Uncanny run and don't recall it (though maybe I wanted to forget it).

Hungry Like the Wolf

Sano
1144th Post

"Re(5):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 10:50post reply

quote:
On another note, where did this multiple penises for Nightcrawler come from? I read all of the Uncanny run and don't recall it (though maybe I wanted to forget it).

Sacrilege! Repent! Repent!

In the Alternate Future Earth X Books, they said Nightcrawler and Belasco were one in the same due to Kurt Time Traveling/having his appearance altered a bit/manipulated and gasp, the explanation made sense at the time! Alex Ross is a powerful man...

Shin Ramberk
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(6):X-Men questions" , posted Tue 14 Sep 12:33post reply

quote:

Sacrilege! Repent! Repent!

In the Alternate Future Earth X Books, they said Nightcrawler and Belasco were one in the same due to Kurt Time Traveling/having his appearance altered a bit/manipulated and gasp, the explanation made sense at the time! Alex Ross is a powerful man...

Alex Ross hates the X-men but because Earth X was so good, I'm willing to forgive him for that. At first he seemed to have a lot of hokey ideas but in the end, they turned out to be good ones. The Belasco/Kurt thing was one of his more cooler ideas.

Baines
10th Post

New Customer

"Cassandra Nova" , posted Wed 15 Sep 11:59post reply

quote:
And with Cassandra Nova, that's about the gist of it. Charles didn't sense she would be their villain in the future, he sensed that she would be an all around bad person, which is why he killed her. And he was right. She wanted to kill everybody.

She wanted to kill everybody because she had a distorted worldview that came from being killed in the womb by her twin brother. And potentially also from being manipulated by Sublime.

She didn't even really want to kill everybody. She wanted to hurt Charles, because Charles tried to kill her when she was vulnerable. At one point it is even suggested that she doesn't think anything is real except herself and Charles. She kills people because it upsets Charles. Which is ultimately the big problem of her existance (And even the Shi'ar get that part right), it isn't that she is evil (she isn't), it is that she is ammoral and almost a force of nature.

The Shi'ar believed her to be a manifestation of a Shi'ar myth, and agreed Charles needed to have killed her lest she act like the creatures of their myths. In the same period, the Shi'ar are flat out wrong about the Phoenix, which I don't believe is a coincidence. They were wrong about the Phoenix, and they were likely wrong about Cassandra. (The Shi'ar are generally wrong. They just think that they are right in everything, and act as if they are.)

What we know is that Cassandra goes genocidal in revenge for Xavier killing her, and potentially as part of Sublime's master plan. And we know that Cassandra is redeemable and ultimately is redeemed after getting reprogramming on the nature of reality and people. What we don't know is what she would have been if Charles hadn't killed her.

Sano
1146th Post

"Re(1):Cassandra Nova" , posted Wed 15 Sep 12:45post reply

Baines - Good points. I'll go along with that.

Rid Hershel
6222th Post

"The End" , posted Wed 15 Sep 15:07:post reply

Well, after reading the first three numbers of The End, I think it showed some interesting things. Fist of all, this future for the X-Men isn't as negative as Bishop's, Rachel's or Cable's, and the mutants are accepted between humans. Maybe the changes made by the X-Men during the time travel sagas actually are working for good?

Wolverine and Storm as a couple? He hardly seems like her usual type, but they've shared a lot of story together (still not as much as, for example, Gambit) so I guess it *could* happen. Vargas with the X-Men was a big surprise. He has been portrayed as notably evil, so I wonder if Claremont is going to make him join the X-Men soon. Emma still being with Cyke implies that she wasn't a traitor after all. And the last thing, it's good to see Sinister still around, classic villain.

[this message was edited by Rid Hershel on Wed 15 Sep 15:09]

Iron D
2477th Post

"Re(1):The End" , posted Thu 16 Sep 13:09post reply

quote:
Wolverine and Storm as a couple? He hardly seems like her usual type, but they've shared a lot of story together (still not as much as, for example, Gambit) so I guess it *could* happen.

I know this is really vague, but I remember there being an alternate reality future where Wolvie and Storm had a child together. I can't for the life of me remember where it was that I saw this, but I can say that whatever it is, it's around half a decade to seven years old.

Zelkin. Pimped.

shindekudasai
79th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):The End" , posted Thu 16 Sep 13:47post reply

That would be Marvel Secret Wars: 25 Years After (incidentally, the final issue of "What If?"). Some other crazy combos included the daughter of Rogue and Captain America, the son of She-Hulk and Hawkeye, the son of Thor and the Enchantress, and the son of Dr. Doom and the Enchantress (she gets around, I guess). Great read, btw. Pick it up if you haven't.

Wither Blister Burn + Peel

Sano
1150th Post

"Re(3):The End" , posted Thu 16 Sep 14:22post reply

quote:
That would be Marvel Secret Wars: 25 Years After (incidentally, the final issue of "What If?"). Some other crazy combos included the daughter of Rogue and Captain America, the son of She-Hulk and Hawkeye, the son of Thor and the Enchantress, and the son of Dr. Doom and the Enchantress (she gets around, I guess). Great read, btw. Pick it up if you haven't.

Yeah, I got that Issue. Really good, Spider-Man's still wearing the Symbiote suit, has turned into like a black slime that can squeeze through stuff. Freaky!

Rid Hershel
6222th Post

"Children of Tomorrow" , posted Thu 16 Sep 15:09post reply

I wonder if Claremont is going to pull a Rachel, or a Valeria, and bring Aliyah to the present?

DarkZero
933th Post

"Re(2):The End" , posted Thu 16 Sep 15:25post reply

quote:
Wolverine and Storm as a couple? He hardly seems like her usual type, but they've shared a lot of story together (still not as much as, for example, Gambit) so I guess it *could* happen.

I know this is really vague, but I remember there being an alternate reality future where Wolvie and Storm had a child together. I can't for the life of me remember where it was that I saw this, but I can say that whatever it is, it's around half a decade to seven years old.

Wolverine and Storm were a couple in an alternate reality in the animated series, which I'm 90% positive was based off of an '80s-'90s X-Men arc. It's also very heavily hinted that they will be a couple some day in the Ultimate line whenever I stop to check in on that. So this would make the third alternate reality where they're a couple, even though, to my knowledge, they've never hooked up in the regular continuity.

Rid Hershel
6224th Post

"Re(3):The End" , posted Thu 16 Sep 16:57post reply

quote:
Wolverine and Storm were a couple in an alternate reality in the animated series, which I'm 90% positive was based off of an '80s-'90s X-Men arc. It's also very heavily hinted that they will be a couple some day in the Ultimate line whenever I stop to check in on that. So this would make the third alternate reality where they're a couple, even though, to my knowledge, they've never hooked up in the regular continuity.

With people like Khan, Dr Doom or Loki wanting her, I wonder why she has dated Forge (ugh) and Slipstream (double ugh). C'mon girl you deserve more!

Krzyzewski Man
912th Post

"Re(4):The End" , posted Thu 16 Sep 17:12post reply

quote:
Yeah, I got that Issue. Really good, Spider-Man's still wearing the Symbiote suit, has turned into like a black slime that can squeeze through stuff. Freaky!

At one point, he got hit by a sonic attack, and the suit kinda peeled back revealing a skeleton. Weird shit.

quote:
With people like Khan wanting her,

Hmm...

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

Heh.

Also my smart candies smell funny.

Sano
1151th Post

"Re(3):The End" , posted Fri 17 Sep 06:36post reply

quote:

Yeah. The story was very loosly based on the Age of Apocalypse storyline. Same premise, what the world would be like without Xavier, and Bishop had to fix everything back to the way it was with Time Traveling.

Puar
651th Post

"Belated Responses" , posted Fri 12 Nov 14:54post reply

quote:
saying that Kurt has more than one penis

No, this is all just due to Austen being, as someone else put it, a hack writer who has to focus everything on sex. I mean, shit, he had Stacy X in Uncanny whose mutant power was essentially to whore herself off to everything that had a penis attached to it.

quote:
2. How did Skin die?

2) Off-Panel because Austen is a Hack

4) If you liked the old X-Force, you might like the new X-Force. It's just kind of all over the place and is near pointless action at this point.

5) Avengers were Disassembled by the Scarlet Witch going apeshit on the team after discovering that the children she willed into existence to have the semblance of a normal life were taken away from her and her memories of them wiped as well.

As for people wanting to know about Nocturne, where Beak is now, and for DarkZero if you're into Exiles, I encourage you to visit Reality Check! *toots horn* Here you will learn more about them, the Exiles, and see why Nocturne is being written out of character as a stupid bimbo because, all together now... Austen is a hack!