[an error occurred while processing this directive] Random Events in SNK Games - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

beto
641th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 13:51:post reply

I was wondering why i haven´t ever seen anyone discuss the random events in SNK fighting games, so i figured i would list the ones i know of.

The games where it´s probably easier to see would be Fatal Fury 3 and Real Bout. Others i´ve only seen once (or twice, in the case of SS2).

The ones i´ve seen:

Fatal Fury 3

1. Jubei swimming (Mai´s background)
2. Jubei jumping in the water (Joe´s background)
3. Geese doll falling in the water (Joe´s background)
4. Not random, but the crocodiles also jump in the water sometimes (Joe´s background)

There were more in FF3, but i can´t remember what.

Art of Fighting 3

Kasumi sneezing during her victory.

Samurai Shodown 2

Kim Kaphwan dashing in the temple.

(This one may have been SS3... It was the background with the steps)

King of Fighters ´94

Not really random - Rugal´s panther jumping in to assist him.

King of Fighters 2003

Shingo´s flames.

Real Bout

Sometimes Mary will not stay underwater in Terry´s stage, instead getting up and realizing she´s topless (no, there are no nipples... i´ve checked, ok?).

The background in Real Bout have lots of neat things like that, but Mary´s is the only one that changes.

I´ve also heard Robert sometimes drops the coin (in his victory pose) in one of the games he´s in - AOF2, IIRC.

What am i missing?

[this message was edited by beto on Thu 9 Sep 13:59]

Replies:

hikarutilmitt
240th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 15:15post reply

quote:
Art of Fighting 3

Kasumi sneezing during her victory.

Wow, I've never seen that one. Now I have to play it just to see it. Maybe it's for a perfect victory or something special?
quote:
Real Bout

Sometimes Mary will not stay underwater in Terry´s stage, instead getting up and realizing she´s topless (no, there are no nipples... i´ve checked, ok?).

This happenes every time if you win the round but still fall into the water with her. Like, use her or something similar to knock them in near the edge. You'll fall in as well and that'll be the result. I got an exceptionally "naughty" screenshot when doing this to Terry one time.

Artano
3th Post

New Customer

"Re(2):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 15:20post reply

In Garou, Rock throwing his jacket as win pose
I've seen it only once, but I don't know if it's really random

deisied
123th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 15:35post reply

the majority of guilty gear characters have a randomized action in their poses, a few sf3 characters do too. some of the sf3 stuff is cooler to me too because like remy for example, carries over to his crouching stance, his hair thing.

also in gg, the alien in millia's stage i think, in isuka i forget her name, that cook for the jellyfish pirates, she wears a bikini sometimes.

i just remembered this is snk specific but shut up i'm posting it anyway.

Professor
2056th Post

MMCafe Owner

"Re(2):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 16:12post reply

Fatal Fury Special- Mai popping out all her fans when she loses. (same with Jubei and his rice crackers)

Fatal Fury 3- Small chicks falling off the ceiling when you KO your opponent in Blue Mary's stage upwards to the chandelier.

Fatal Fury special had a bunch of those small events, but most of them are actually something that happen under very strict conditions rather than totally randomly.

beto
641th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Choi in 98" , posted Thu 9 Sep 17:15post reply

Was downloading videos on KOF Cyberfanatics, and saw this one:

Choi in KOF98:

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/facts/secret98.htm

Megane
368th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 17:58post reply

quote:
In Garou, Rock throwing his jacket as win pose
I've seen it only once, but I don't know if it's really random

I think that's when you finish the opponent with a Shine Knuckle, not sure. The Raging Storm also gives him a different win pose. =/

JJWE
437th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 18:04post reply

quote:
I think that's when you finish the opponent with a Shine Knuckle, not sure. The Raging Storm also gives him a different win pose. =/

Yes and yes.

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

TheBeast
1768th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Not exactly random events...but..." , posted Thu 9 Sep 19:47post reply

...Leona's DM/DSM takes a lot more damage on Benimaru in KOF 99.

Kasumi seems to take more damage from Kyokugen characters too in KOF 99 too.

DarkZero
925th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(5):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 20:31post reply

quote:

Yes and yes.

I forget, does the Raging Storm give him a unique win pose, or is it just the one where his power burns him and he whimpers, just like finishing the match with any of Geese's moves?

Grahf
249th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(6):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 9 Sep 22:37post reply

quote:
I forget, does the Raging Storm give him a unique win pose, or is it just the one where his power burns him and he whimpers, just like finishing the match with any of Geese's moves?

Yeah, that's the finish he has after the Raging Storm. But he only has that win pose after Raging Storm and Deadly Rave - Neo. I just tried winning with his 360 throw, his counter, and a double Reppu Ken, and he just has his standard win pose(s).

snkneoshingo2k3
192th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 00:00post reply

quote:
Yeah, that's the finish he has after the Raging Storm. But he only has that win pose after Raging Storm and Deadly Rave - Neo. I just tried winning with his 360 throw, his counter, and a double Reppu Ken, and he just has his standard win pose(s).

Correct me if I'm wrong Grahf, but didn't Rock Howard have this special power burn win pose when you defeat someone using the entire Deadly Rave Neo all the way till the final point-blank Kamehameha blow?That's all for now.Later.

THE MOST POWERFUL FIGHTERS DON'T HOLD GRUDGES THEY ELIMINATE THEM

Shin Ramberk
32th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 00:18post reply

quote:
the majority of guilty gear characters have a randomized action in their poses, a few sf3 characters do too. some of the sf3 stuff is cooler to me too because like remy for example, carries over to his crouching stance, his hair thing.

I dont think anyone in SF3 has randomized actions, unless its a taunt. For example, Remy will always brush his hair if you crouch on the ground for too long without making a move. But its not random.

I think Chun Li is the only one with a randomized taunt. Everyone has a predetermined taunt, even Hugo who has multiple taunts. To get Poison to come out during Hugo's taunt, hold up and taunt I think.

I personally love it how Rock and K' always move their hand back into their fighting stance after completing an action. Is there anyone else that has a special 'returning to fighting stance' animation like them? Its a great thing to watch.

I would like it if Capcom and SNK added even more personalized taunts and victory poses. In SFA3 there was a ton of cool intro poses between certain characters. Does anyone remember that if you beat Ken with Ryu using a Lv3 super, Ryu will go over and help Ken back on his feet? Its rarely seen I think, but very cool.

In SFA3 Ryu and Evil Ryu even have a special intro!

lastly, what was the special Sodom stage in SFA2? You very rarely saw it. How was it different.

Oh yeah, and I know how to pick stages on SFA2 when in a versus match at the arcade. Woo hoo!

Grahf
250th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(8):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 00:20post reply

quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong Grahf, but didn't Rock Howard have this special power burn win pose when you defeat someone using the entire Deadly Rave Neo all the way till the final point-blank Kamehameha blow?That's all for now.Later.

He has the special win pose no matter what part of the Rave kills your opponent. So you don't have to make it all the way through.

Iggy
4465th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Choi in 98" , posted Fri 10 Sep 00:34post reply

quote:
http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/cyberfan/facts/secret98.htm

Mika and Takeshi aren't random, are they ? (an,d I think you can use any super move of Choi to finish your opponent).
For Kasumi, the loser must hold A before she takes her win pose. And if the winner holds A as well, her voice changes. I think.

hikarutilmitt
243th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Choi in 98" , posted Fri 10 Sep 01:17post reply

quote:
For Kasumi, the loser must hold A before she takes her win pose. And if the winner holds A as well, her voice changes. I think.

Ah, coolness. I'll have to check that out then.

NARUTO
2648th Post

"Re(3):Choi in 98" , posted Fri 10 Sep 01:52post reply

Well IIRC, Gen-an glove miss sometime during he's win pose.
Kim fly in FF special back ground, the little duck from duck King are in Italia stage.

A friend is someone who truly knows you..
But who loves you anyway...

Gojira
1539th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 02:34post reply

On Mary's stage in FF3, given the right finisher in the right spot the opponent will fly up offscreen and a chandelier will come crashing down.

In FF1, if you lose to Geese, he knocks YOU out of the building. LOL

AIM: GoroDELETEjira
Remove 'DELETE' to AIM

Ishmael
1631th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 08:00post reply

I'm drawing a blank for any more for SNK games but to veer off-topic a bit I'll mention that my favorite game for this sort of thing is Vampire Savior. Not only is it full of character and action specific intros and endings but there are a few things in there that I can only figure are random. For instance, the old woman in Bishamon's stage will occasionally sprout tentacles and start freaking out. Is there something that triggers this?

Grahf
251th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 08:09post reply

quote:
I'm drawing a blank for any more for SNK games but to veer off-topic a bit I'll mention that my favorite game for this sort of thing is Vampire Savior. Not only is it full of character and action specific intros and endings but there are a few things in there that I can only figure are random. For instance, the old woman in Bishamon's stage will occasionally sprout tentacles and start freaking out. Is there something that triggers this?

I like Bulleta's rap win pose. I don't know of anything specific that triggers that, though, unless you count the fact that you can choose your win pose by holding down different buttons (in Vampior Chronicle, at least; not sure about Savior).

Ishmael
1633th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(4):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 08:19post reply

quote:
I like Bulleta's rap win pose. I don't know of anything specific that triggers that, though, unless you count the fact that you can choose your win pose by holding down different buttons (in Vampior Chronicle, at least; not sure about Savior).

I was always partial to Bishamon's win pose when he wins the match by chopping his opponent in half while they are on the ground. Always had a deuce of a time successfully landing that move tho'.

snkneoshingo2k3
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(9):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 10 Sep 22:01post reply

quote:
He has the special win pose no matter what part of the Rave kills your opponent. So you don't have to make it all the way through.

I see, so it happens even without the finisher.Thanks for the correction man.See you later.

THE MOST POWERFUL FIGHTERS DON'T HOLD GRUDGES THEY ELIMINATE THEM

Toxico
3914th Post

"Re(1):Not exactly random events...but..." , posted Fri 10 Sep 22:31post reply

quote:
...Leona's DM/DSM takes a lot more damage on Benimaru in KOF 99.

Kasumi seems to take more damage from Kyokugen characters too in KOF 99 too.

The Leona thing was a Bug, it wasn't random and it worked 100% of the time.... I remember it was against Benimaru, Yuri and others characters (Ryo and Andy perhaps?? I don't quite recall...)... I don't remember any special case with Kasumi

Yes, FF Special had it's share of events, but almost all of them where triggered by going to fourth round, all of them except the birds comming out of the barrel in Andy's stage...

And in all my years playing AoF 3 I saw that sneezing thing with Kasumi only once, and I remember that I also saw something special and random with Rody Birds, but I don't recall... [braging] I pointed that out in my FAQ [/braging], and For the record, Kasumi & Karman Cole had a special taunt against Ryo & Robert, [braging] I also pointed that out in my FAQ [/braging], that's getting boring ;P

Toxico -> Worship.... Him....
Audience -> The holiest person alive...

ArrowedGuy
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Wed 15 Sep 22:57post reply

I've seen Kasumi's sneeze, Choi's bicycle secret, and KoF'98 support attacks from teammates (if that counts, since it's kinda rare, at least for me). Never seen Shingo's flames. Does it count that in Garou I've seen Kim come out during Dong Hwan's win pose?

NARUTO
2664th Post

"Re(2):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 16 Sep 00:53post reply

quote:
I've seen Kasumi's sneeze, Choi's bicycle secret, and KoF'98 support attacks from teammates (if that counts, since it's kinda rare, at least for me). Never seen Shingo's flames. Does it count that in Garou I've seen Kim come out during Dong Hwan's win pose?

Choi bicyle thingy is somthing I never saw, as for KOF 98 stryker it's easy you can do it yourself, IIRC push all buttons when you are dizzy in front of your team mate.
As for kim it's a "hidden" win pose, she comes when dong kill his opponent with a DM.

BTW wellcome to the board dude!

A friend is someone who truly knows you..
But who loves you anyway...

bemanisuperstar
64th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 16 Sep 07:01post reply

Nobody mentioned Mai's Nipple SLip in KOF 2000

It's there for a split second when she throws her fans

e5150
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(˝):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Thu 16 Sep 07:18post reply

In LB2 when you play as Hibiki and 'kill' your opponent as you progress she gets different winquotes. That was pretty cool.
Maybe thats was the case with all chars?
Dont really remember

Toxico
3920th Post

"Re(1):Random Events in SNK Games" , posted Fri 17 Sep 14:41post reply

quote:
In LB2 when you play as Hibiki and 'kill' your opponent as you progress she gets different winquotes. That was pretty cool.

Now I remember, that changed her poses, her portraits and even her ending if you made her 'evil enough' (she wacked amano during the game, so he doesn't show up and thanks her father for all this 'new knowledge')

See??? He is a God...