[an error occurred while processing this directive] The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream game - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ammadeau
1141th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream game" , posted Tue 7 Sep 20:36post reply

It's the story of a girl in a bikini and a cowboy hat fighting a horde of zombies and getting splattered with blood. Part of the Simple 2000 series. For the vid, skip the first two minutes to see someone really bad at the game trying to play.

http://www.d3p.co.jp/s_20/s20_061.html
http://www.playstation.jp/ch/pv/asx/pv_oneichan.asx

Got it and it's actually good. It plays like a mix of Ninja Gaiden and Hunter: The Reckoning. You fight hordes of various zombies in locked and unlocked areas. If an area is locked, you have to either kill them all or kill a certain one with the key item. Unlocked areas you can kill as many or as few as you want. You might want to kill them though because most will release yellow orbs when they die. Collecting these will increase your experience and when you level up you can spend points impoving your various stats. You also gain experience at the end of a level depending on how well you did. Maps also have optional areas where you can find some of the items you can use. One heal, another makes you invulnerable for a time, another takes you out of 'blood riot' mode, and I haven't gotten the others yet. At the end of the level there's a boss fight. I've only seen two bosses so far, both are pretty cool, but here's where the camera becomes kind of a pain. I think it'll be easier once I've gotten used to the manual lock-on though.

Fighting is rather fluid (and not just the blood that sprays all over the place), and feels like a slower and somewhat simpler ninja gaiden. You have five different sword strikes with various effects (crowd clearing, launcher, etc) and three kick moves (these do no damage, but come out quickly and add to your combo counter), and desperation attack that uses up some of your life. You also have what I call 'blood riot' which kicks in when you collect enough red orbs. In this mode you're uber powerful while the screen turns bloody, but your life slowly drains away. You can also double jump, roll away, and tapping R1 locks on nearest zombie in case you can't find that one straggler. Sometimes your sword can get stuck in the crotch of a zombie so you've got to watch out for that since you're bound to get swarmed then.

Visuals vary. The main character looks great, especially when she gets splattered with more and more blood. You actually see the blood on her and it looks pretty realistic. The zombies look kind of blah, but since they can get chopped and there can be a ton on the screen at once (think Dynasty Warriors without the fog... though they simply vanish when they're a certain distance away from you) I guess that's forgivable. Honestly, I wouldn't care if they looked like PSX Res Evil zombies. The enviroments also vary. The first stage actually looks pretty good if a bit low on detail, but the second is blah (haven't gotten further yet).

Besides the story mode, there's survival mode which obviously is killing as many zombies (and bosses) as you can before you run out of life. The cool thing is you can earn experience in this mode as well which will carry over to your character in story mode. You can also earn additional costumes (have no idea how yet) and a second playable character, as well as increased difficulty modes.

Only problems besides minor camera issues as some clipping and collision issues with walls (no issues with enemies though). I even got stuck on top of a chain once and couldn't move so had to quit (though only lost about ten minutes of progress). An overall map would be helpful since the levels are large. There's a small map in the corner, but it doesn't show the whole thing.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

Replies:

Undead Fred
1881th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 7 Sep 22:03:post reply

quote:
It's the story of a girl in a bikini and a cowboy hat fighting a horde of zombies and getting splattered with blood. Part of the Simple 2000 series. For the vid, skip the first two minutes to see someone really bad at the game trying to play.

Sounds awesome.... if she takes off the cowboy hat, does she have kitty ears?

EDIT: Watched the video- looks like a fun game! So, there are a decent amount of combos to switch around to?

[this message was edited by Undead Fred on Tue 7 Sep 22:17]

Maou
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 7 Sep 22:12post reply

quote:

Then there wouldn't be a need for a sequel! Your character always has to wear less in 2, after all, and this makes it hard...

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!

Dr Baghead
3225th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"BEST GAME EVER!" , posted Tue 7 Sep 22:14post reply

so wait... it's got a bikini cowgirl who fights zombies and it plays like Ninja Gaiden meets Hunter?!

Sweet Zombie Christ, I must have died and this is all my brain freaking out as it flickers out of being because there's no way a game that awesome can actually exisit in this world! (it's gonna get canceled before I play it isn't -__- that always happens!!! or it turns out it's actually a HORRIBLE game, that always happens too)

yeah it's not funny

Ammadeau
1145th Post

"Re(2):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 7 Sep 23:38:post reply

quote:

EDIT: Watched the video- looks like a fun game! So, there are a decent amount of combos to switch around to?

Cat-girl could be one of the alternate outfits. I'm only an hour in and had to retry on the first level 3 times (btw, retry only restarts you on the beginning of the area you entered instead of the whole level so you'll loose 15 mins of progress tops), which counted against my end score. I should do better next time and hopefully score an outfit or two soon.

The combo system is nice. You can mix kicks and the various sword strikes into combos, especially when you're facing a group, which will be most of the time. My highest count is fifty something, though I haven't mastered it yet and the combo window is pretty short (which is good makes it more challenging). If you do a launcher, you can hit a zombie like six times before it hits the ground (and can launch at least 3 zombies at once if they're close to each other), where you can launch it again, if there's anything left of it. Or you can wade into a crowd and start lashing out in all directions, and mix in kicks to extend your combos. I enjoy the combos here much more than I did in the Dynasty Warriors series, to be honest.

Some budget company should pick this up for US release since most of the game menus and such are in english already. Only the story and the item names would need to be translated.

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Tue 7 Sep 23:45]

Iggy
4445th Post

"Re(3):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Wed 8 Sep 00:10post reply

Plus it has zombie schoolgirls.
And it's 2000 yens.

Gojira
1538th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"The Looking" , posted Wed 8 Sep 02:06post reply

For some reason the Simple 2000/3000/Ultimate Series always gets overlooked for translation. Outside of one game on PS1 I don't think I've ever seen any of them brought over. Granted, some of them are crap, but not ALL of them. And there are some crazy ideas too...

http://www.d3p.co.jp

AIM: GoroDELETEjira
Remove 'DELETE' to AIM

Undead Fred
1883th Post

"Re(3):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Wed 8 Sep 08:57post reply

quote:
Some budget company should pick this up for US release since most of the game menus and such are in english already. Only the story and the item names would need to be translated.

Yeah, that would be nice.... it's the only way I'll be able to play for the time being, anyway.

Dash no Chris
313th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream " , posted Wed 8 Sep 09:03post reply

Thanks for posting your opinions of this game, Ammadeau (I've been considering picking it up ever since I saw it in NCS' update the other week), and thanks for romanizing the title properly (I've been considering picking up a shotgun and driving to New York ever since I saw "O-Ane-Chan Bara" in NCS' update the other week). : P

--Chris

Ammadeau
1146th Post

"Re(2):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Wed 8 Sep 10:09:post reply

Thank Jiji, since he's the one who mentioned the game first and provided the proper romanization. :p

Looks like the game is only six stages, not counting the survival mode, which is pretty short, but the unlockable difficulties should add to the replay value. Stages also have extra areas I have no idea how to access.

Though I just replayed the first stage again and had fun. Scored a 121 hit combo, which was only ended because the sword got stuck. R1 targets the nearest zombie in front, tapping R2 will switch to the next nearest, letting you slash through a huge crowd without ever losing sight of them, though you might have to quickly turn around if they're only behind you.

Nurse zombies throw scapels, but you can deflect them with the sword. There doesn't seem to be any way to block, though it'd only be useful against bosses, which would be my only complaint about the combat system now.

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Wed 8 Sep 10:11]

Ishmael
1625th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(3):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Wed 8 Sep 10:51post reply

Truly, we are living in a golden age of videogames. Now if someone would get on the ball and localize this all would be right in the world.

Undead Fred
1884th Post

"Re(4):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Wed 8 Sep 13:39post reply

quote:
Truly, we are living in a golden age of videogames. Now if someone would get on the ball and localize this all would be right in the world.

I agree!

OrochiChris
72th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Wed 8 Sep 15:18post reply

That does look pretty cool....

Are there any other good Simple2000/3000 games? I remember The Daibijin and The Catfight (I think that was the name of it) were released...

Hehe, 2x2=Kumikoden.

Cathy: オー! バイオレンス!アーユー ヒール?
ワッチュアネーム?

Shinobu: な、なんだぁ!? くっ...でけぇ... 一体何食ってやがんだぁ!?
えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

jiji
111th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Wed 8 Sep 18:00post reply

I finally ordered this over the weekend. I'll post my impressions after airmail takes its sweet time. -_- It'll be my first Simple 2000 game, because it's the first original Simple title that seems like it could actually be good. Glad to hear I (most likely) made the right choice!

Ammadeau
1147th Post

"Re(7):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Thu 9 Sep 05:18post reply

Some helpful fellow on gamefaqs told me how to do the evasion moves in this game and they rock! You can roll away from an enemy only to spring towards them again with an attack, cartwheel to either side of them, or jump right over them to stab them right in the back. I was practically dancing around the first boss... though I actually died since I was practicing the evasion without actually attacking. Also found a new kick move, a sweep kick, bringing the total of kicks up to four.

Radish
2778th Post

"Re(1):The Looking" , posted Thu 9 Sep 06:09post reply

quote:
For some reason the Simple 2000/3000/Ultimate Series always gets overlooked for translation. Outside of one game on PS1 I don't think I've ever seen any of them brought over. Granted, some of them are crap, but not ALL of them. And there are some crazy ideas too...

http://www.d3p.co.jp

I'm still waiting for some clever person to bring over that one where you have to stop the 200 foot tall woman in a bikini from destroying a city.

Mosquiton
1351th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(8):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Thu 9 Sep 08:31post reply

quote:
Some helpful fellow on gamefaqs told me how to do the evasion moves in this game and they rock! You can roll away from an enemy only to spring towards them again with an attack, cartwheel to either side of them, or jump right over them to stab them right in the back. I was practically dancing around the first boss... though I actually died since I was practicing the evasion without actually attacking. Also found a new kick move, a sweep kick, bringing the total of kicks up to four.

Does this game have 'bounce'? Seems that it would add to the total spectacle of the thing... game sounds fairly interesting. I can definitely appreciate games that run with an interesting concept, nearly all of my favorite games aren't what I'd call the absolute best games.

I'ma try this one.

/ / /

Radish
2780th Post

"Re(9):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Thu 9 Sep 08:40post reply

This games a lot better than the Sakura Taisen action game. I am surprised that some of the games in this series haven't been brought over by someone like Mastiff.

Burning Ranger
933th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Thu 9 Sep 08:49post reply

quote:

http://www.d3p.co.jp/s_20/s20_061.html
http://www.playstation.jp/ch/pv/asx/pv_oneichan.asx

I love the character design... about time someone made a character like that. I think cowboy hats are lacking in games.

Can't see the vid though.

Worth keeping an eye on.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Ammadeau
1149th Post

"Re(9):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Thu 9 Sep 08:55:post reply

quote:
Does this game have 'bounce'? Seems that it would add to the total spectacle of the thing... game sounds fairly interesting. I can definitely appreciate games that run with an interesting concept, nearly all of my favorite games aren't what I'd call the absolute best games.

Yep, the jiggle is very much present, even more amusing amidst the blood flying all over the place. Animation in general of the main character is very good. The zombies are stiff... but then they're zombies. :p

Some games in this series were released in the UK, but none of them in the US for some reason. Maybe it's Sony's fault or something. When in doubt, blame Sony.

Edit: Minor disappointment. I've seen four levels now, but 3 and 4 are just repeats of the enviroments from 2 and 1 respectively. It throws in a new zombie type each time to keep things fresh though.

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Thu 9 Sep 13:37]

Dash no Chris
314th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):The Looking" , posted Thu 9 Sep 09:17post reply

quote:
I'm still waiting for some clever person to bring over that one where you have to stop the 200 foot tall woman in a bikini from destroying a city.

Ah, "The Daibijin" -- imo, one of the most entertaining new releases in quite some time. Can't give you my impressions of "The Catfight," tho' -- haven't had a chance to pop it into the PS2 yet (altho' at least one opinion on this board was that the game was pretty bad).

--Chris

Maou
317th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):The Looking" , posted Thu 9 Sep 15:19post reply

quote:
you have to stop the 200 foot tall woman in a bikini from destroying a city.

But would you want to?

邪神モッコスよ、力を我に!!

Ammadeau
1149th Post

"Re(3):The Looking" , posted Fri 10 Sep 04:16post reply

Beat it... on easy. Stage 3 was really kicking my ass before, though I think I can beat it on normal now. Now sure about the final boss though. Not much of a spoiler since it's the whole game's premise, but the final boss is the main character's younger school girl sister with her own sword and all of your moves, but she does twice as much damage... though maybe I'd do just as much if my stats were maxed they're still pretty low.

Anyway, stage 4 has enough new places that makes it almost feel like a new stage.. unfortunately it also has spots of really bad slowdow since they made the strange choice of having it happen in the rain. 5 and 6 are both the same more or less, so in total the game has 3 1/2 unique stages.

Now I have to work on 'quest' mode, which is doing certain things on all six levels (like killing every single enemy, getting high combo, etc) to unlock extra costumes and such. Also beat the game on normal to unlock hard, then on hard to unlock the final difficulty. I don't think I'll do all of that, but I definitely want at least one new outfit before I switch to another game. I'd like to unlock the sister as playable, though it would take me a long while for that.

Undead Fred
1890th Post

"Re(4):The Looking" , posted Fri 10 Sep 09:04post reply

quote:
Beat it... on easy. Stage 3 was really kicking my ass before, though I think I can beat it on normal now. Now sure about the final boss though. Not much of a spoiler since it's the whole game's premise, but the final boss is the main character's younger school girl sister with her own sword and all of your moves, but she does twice as much damage... though maybe I'd do just as much if my stats were maxed they're still pretty low.

Anyway, stage 4 has enough new places that makes it almost feel like a new stage.. unfortunately it also has spots of really bad slowdow since they made the strange choice of having it happen in the rain. 5 and 6 are both the same more or less, so in total the game has 3 1/2 unique stages.

Now I have to work on 'quest' mode, which is doing certain things on all six levels (like killing every single enemy, getting high combo, etc) to unlock extra costumes and such. Also beat the game on normal to unlock hard, then on hard to unlock the final difficulty. I don't think I'll do all of that, but I definitely want at least one new outfit before I switch to another game. I'd like to unlock the sister as playable, though it would take me a long while for that.

ARRRGH.... Man, I wish this game was released in the US! It's cheap, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

Slayerz
45th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(5):The Looking" , posted Fri 10 Sep 09:27:post reply

quote:
ARRRGH.... Man, I wish this game was released in the US! It's cheap, and it sounds like a lot of fun.

"finished watching video" OMG....Must....Get...Game.... Ahhhhhh sigh we'll never get something like this in the US.

Advertising had us buying cars and clothes working the jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. -Tyler Durden

[this message was edited by Slayerz on Fri 10 Sep 09:28]

legalstep
8th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Fri 10 Sep 10:57post reply

Ammadeau thank you for the information. I'm now more intrigued by this game. I like Onimusha, I like Dynasty Warriors, I love ninja gaiden. Variations therof are welcome too.

Slayerz
46th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(4):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Fri 10 Sep 13:18:post reply

quote:
Plus it has zombie schoolgirls.
And it's 2000 yens.

Okay thats it I'm gonna import the game. lol

Advertising had us buying cars and clothes working the jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. -Tyler Durden

[this message was edited by Slayerz on Fri 10 Sep 13:20]

OrochiChris
78th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(5):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 14 Sep 16:28post reply

Got the game today; it's pretty fun... but I keep getting killed when I go into Blood Riot mode. I suck at this game so much, poor Aya. LOL.....

ワッチュアネーム?

えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

war
124th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(6):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 14 Sep 19:31post reply

quote:
Got the game today; it's pretty fun... but I keep getting killed when I go into Blood Riot mode. I suck at this game so much, poor Aya. LOL.....

Jesus, I bought the game yesterday myself. This forum teaches you wonderful things about yourself and what you will do with hard-earned money. I figure it's a just reward after suffering the (relatively) sexism free plot of the Shijima path in SMT3. BUT The music is so hypnotically bad and the combat system is better then Silent Hill 4 so it's probably the new action/adventure best game of the year since I have forgotten about Kurenai.

gg

Ammadeau
1150th Post

"Re(6):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 14 Sep 20:27post reply

quote:

You should avoid it whenever possible until you build up your vitality at least one block. That'll make it a lot easier. In the meantime, use green crystals to heal, get out of it as quick as possible with the statue, and whatever you do, don't use the life-draining desperation attack in that mode. It eats up you health like crazy.

Red crystals increase your attack power, so try to use that instead, except against those stupid bark guys on level 3 and up. They can only be killed in blood riot.

I'm still playing the game, mostly survival mode. My stats are to the point where I can destroy everyone but the final boss in the first loop, and sadly I usually don't have the time to complete the second loop.

I actually have a faq for the game half-finished now. Maybe I should get it done, even though I don't know any of the real names for anything in the game. I doubt the first boss's real name is Fatty. :p

OrochiChris
79th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(7):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 14 Sep 20:33post reply

After puzzling through the game for a few hours... I'm going to stick it out on Easy mode Lv.1 so I can level my stats some. And fill that ??? meter (I guess it's a costume?).

Blood riot mode is pretty fun, now that I know it drains life. So I just run through Lv. 1 killing everything in Blood Riot mode and refilling my life with the Cure Gem Item (since you get a few in the first level anyway...). Maybe I'll be able to break my 143 hit combo eventually.....

ワッチュアネーム?

えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

Ammadeau
1152th Post

"Re(8):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 14 Sep 20:56:post reply

quote:
After puzzling through the game for a few hours... I'm going to stick it out on Easy mode Lv.1 so I can level my stats some. And fill that ??? meter (I guess it's a costume?).

Yep. The other costumes are gotten by filling out the quest requirements, but I wouldn't worry about those until you've at least beaten the game on easy. Some of them almost require decent stats, though one of them is going into blood riot five times during a level and another is beating the boss while in riot (you can't cure yourself after he's dead or it won't count) so if you can get that, go for it. Another is getting a high combo count, but you sound like you're trying for that anyway. :)

quote:
Blood riot mode is pretty fun, now that I know it drains life. So I just run through Lv. 1 killing everything in Blood Riot mode and refilling my life with the Cure Gem Item (since you get a few in the first level anyway...). Maybe I'll be able to break my 143 hit combo eventually.....

I've gotten over 150, but still haven't broken 200, which might be possible. I think my power stat might be too high for that now anyway. But if you mix up kicks into your combo, then the sword gauge won't fill as fast and you can get more hits in. If you want to be cheap, you can beat him the bark guys on level 1 for infinity as long as you're not in blood riot. They don't stagger from normal hits though, which makes that a little challenging.

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Tue 14 Sep 20:57]

Spoon
630th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(9):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 14 Sep 21:00post reply

Her standing idle animation plus the sideways cartwheeling gave me flashbacks of PJ#5 or whatever that thing was called on the GC.

Slayerz
49th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Tue 14 Sep 21:17:post reply

quote:
Her standing idle animation plus the sideways cartwheeling gave me flashbacks of PJ#5 or whatever that thing was called on the GC.

You mean P.N.03?

[this message was edited by Slayerz on Tue 14 Sep 21:17]

OrochiChris
81th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's" , posted Wed 15 Sep 14:59post reply

Since the point of the game is unlocking costumes (Plot? What's that?), are they decent? (I really hope they're not just palette swaps. ^^;)

ワッチュアネーム?

えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

Ammadeau
1154th Post

"Re(3):Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's" , posted Wed 15 Sep 21:16post reply

quote:
Since the point of the game is unlocking costumes (Plot? What's that?), are they decent? (I really hope they're not just palette swaps. ^^;)

I haven't actually unlocked any yet, but the one they show on the back cover is just a pallete swap, so I don't have high expectations. They give me an excuse to keep playing the game though. However, if you beat the game on hardest difficulty, you unlock the evil little sister, which I think is a very nice costume to earn. Though my stats aren't quite high enough for that yet.

Just found that the quest block for combo is the kill combo and not the hit one. So far, my highest kill combo is 94, but if I hadn't messed up I think I could have gotten 150.

My character has three blocks of power now, so she can kill zombies with a single kick attack on easy. And when she goes into blood riot, everything just dies. :p

OrochiChris
82th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's" , posted Thu 16 Sep 18:53post reply

Finally filled that damned ??? gauge. My stats suck though, so I guess I'll be going through Lv. 1 for a while longer. ^^;

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
The ???-gauge costume is a white bikini with a blue miniskirt, and the pink lacy-neck-thingie is short and hangs over Aya's shoulders.

End of Spoiler

ワッチュアネーム?

えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

Ammadeau
1158th Post

"Re(5):Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's" , posted Thu 16 Sep 22:15:post reply

That outfit sounds cool. :)

I've finally completed five of the ten quest blocks, but all I got were two background images. I just need one more task to get my first outfit, but I think the qualifications for it are different for this particular level because I can't seem to get it.

My stats are pretty good, so I beat the game on normal (inviciblity item + blood riot = dead final boss) and hard is pretty brutal since enemies have more life, but you take twice as much damage on each hit. I think I'll work on quest some more to build up stats, then barrel though hard and violent difficulties to unlock the sister.

It's a good thing it's a great game, since I just bought a modded PS2 and so have no money for new games. :p

Edit: Unlocked first costume...

Spoiler (Highlight to view) -
Just a palette swap. Darn. Though tanned skin and pink hair looks kind of cute.

End of Spoiler

[this message was edited by Ammadeau on Fri 17 Sep 00:46]

OrochiChris
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's" , posted Sun 19 Sep 19:13:post reply

For the hell of it (and because Hard still kicks my ass, damn frog-things), I attempted to translate the titles in Quest mode.

01. 猟奇的な女 [ryouki teki na onna] = Woman seeking bizarre targets
02. ジェノサイダー [GENOCIDER]
03. 紅化柱 [koukechuu] = Crimson-Dyed Pillar
04. 狂気のリビドー [kyouki no LIBIDO] = Libido of Insanity
05. 瀕死の昂揚 [hinshi no kouyou] = Promotion on the verge of death
06. ブラッディソード [BLOODY SWORD]
07. 女帝の舞い [jotei no mai] = Dance of the Empress
08. 連絶の女王 [renzetsu no jo'ou] = Queen of Consecutive Deaths (?)
09. 無傷の女王 [mukizu no jo'ou] = Queen of avoiding injury
10. 瞬殺の美女 [shunsatsu no bijo] = Beautiful Woman's moment of death (?)

And the 'Blood Riot' gauge would be: 穢れゲージ = Impurity Gauge

The only ones I'm close to completing right now are shunsatsu no bijo and kyouki no libido. ^^;

ワッチュアネーム?

えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

[this message was edited by OrochiChris on Sun 19 Sep 19:14]

Ammadeau
1159th Post

"Re(7):Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's" , posted Sun 19 Sep 20:58post reply

Heh. Even the titles in quest mode have a nice if somewhat perverted style to them. Here's my record so far:

1. Have no idea what it is, but I got it once.
2. Must be kill all enemies, but damn there are too many enemies in this game. Haven't gotten one yet.
3. Flip out with impurity at least five times... though stage 3 you need to do it 8-10 times (7 was no good). Completed it.
4. Beat boss while 'impure' Completed.
5. Beat boss near death. Completed.
6. Beat boss with full sword gauge. Completed.
7. Have no idea. Think it's a special combo since occasionally I get this special effect while doing the canned combo and she moves faster during it, but I guess I'm not doing it enough. Zero.
8. Kill a bunch of zombies together. I've gotten 40+ on each stage, though not sure of the needed number. If you use desperation attack while impure, you can kill every single zombie in one hit in some room, which is instant 40+. Completed.
9. Obviously don't get hit. Done just the first stage of this so far, on hard no less. Presents a nice added challenge.
10. Defeat boss quickly. Completed. Very easy if you fight boss on easy with raised power and impurity.

Haven't cleared hard either because of those frog... dog... things on the final level. They are too damn fast and do crazy damage. Need to improve my stats more. That ??? costume will still have to wait.

OrochiChris
84th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(8):Re(10):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's" , posted Sun 19 Sep 22:58post reply

Let's see...

1) I thought it had something to do with killing zombies with the circle attack, I guess not though... (I killed 49 with one attack in Blood Riot, 33 with another attack in a different room, and didn't get anything here. :/)
2) Got 1&6
3) 1&2
4) Finished
5) 1,5,6
6) 1,2,5,6
7) None, I don't get it either. I've had that special white flash happen in different parts of the normal combo. It's probably a timing thing, but with the slowdown in this game it's hard to tell. ^^;
8) Finished
9) 1
10) Finished

The first wallpaper's kinda nice, too bad D3 didn't put it in a PC-readable omake folder. :/

ワッチュアネーム?

えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

legalstep
20th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):The Oneechanbara - Undead Fred's dream" , posted Mon 27 Sep 15:03post reply

Thanks to the cheapness of it and my love of the dynasty warriors and onimusha stuff I picked this up. I'm seriously stuck on the first level though. I had no idea where to go to get the boss.