[an error occurred while processing this directive] KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Iggy
4417th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 13:23post reply

Link Here
Notice the new backgrounds and Chizuru/Maki/Kusanagi on the select screen.
The game will also feature the usual gallery mode and survival, plus a 3 on 3 mode to play like in normal KOFs, without the multi shift system. Ugh.

Replies:

Cain Highwind
438th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 14:28post reply

quote:
plus a 3 on 3 mode to play like in normal KOFs, without the multi shift system. Ugh.

How is that a bad thing? I'm looking forward to it, thanks for the link.

Toxico
3907th Post

"Re(1):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 14:34post reply

quote:
Link Here

I wonder if they would do something to improve the FPS of the game, or are they happy that the game runs like a master system game??

Toxico -> Worship.... Him....
Audience -> The holiest person alive...

beto
631th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 14:44:post reply

Those pics are a couple weeks old... They┤ve been posted already.

But it┤s good to know there┤ll be a no-tag mode. Thanks.

Iggy, do you know if they touched-up all the art in 2002 and SVC? I know the SVC intro and the portraits in both games are cleaned-up, but what about endings and cut-scenes?

[this message was edited by beto on Sun 5 Sep 14:53]

emeraldazn
318th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 15:53post reply

a link to the past

Burning Ranger
930th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 16:48post reply

quote:
Link Here
Notice the new backgrounds and Chizuru/Maki/Kusanagi on the select screen.
The game will also feature the usual gallery mode and survival, plus a 3 on 3 mode to play like in normal KOFs, without the multi shift system. Ugh.

The game looks a little bit nice. Are the stages fully 3D? The perspective on the Kim vs Griffon looks a little off.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

beto
632th Post

"Two Other Pics" , posted Sun 5 Sep 17:04:post reply

quote:
The game looks a little bit nice. Are the stages fully 3D? The perspective on the Kim vs Griffon looks a little off.

There was a 50+ meg E3 video at the old snkneogeousa site, where you could see this game running. It looked fully 3D (the video didn┤t have any BG with people, but judging from the pics, the crowd is 2D).

Back at E3, all BGs were new, but in the pics you see that the game will have 3D versions of old backgrounds now. The water in the beach stage (a very loose adaptation of the "Seaside" stage from the arcade?) looks nice. Want to see that in movement.

Anyway, you can see a couple screencaps i took from the video back then:

http://www.snk-capcom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8713&page=3&pp=15

"The first one is a boat in a river (Nile?), passing through some tents and pyramids. The second one is a platform (?) in some small european city, where you can see those nice, white, brick houses."

[this message was edited by beto on Sun 5 Sep 17:07]

hikarutilmitt
235th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 18:40post reply

I know it's likely because the pics are small, but for some reason the sprites look, I dunno, smoother in their shading. Though it's obvious from any pic regardless of size that the artwork and backgrounds are a higher res.

Here's to hoping the controls are on par with the port of 2k. 2k1 had some pretty nasty controls.

Undead Fred
1870th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(2):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 19:27post reply

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is this going to come out in the US? Or will Sony US resort to their standard policy of OMG 2D IS FOR N00BS OMG FUK IT

Nate
209th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 19:48post reply

quote:
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but is this going to come out in the US? Or will Sony US resort to their standard policy of OMG 2D IS FOR N00BS OMG FUK IT

They're going to do a double-pack with KOF 2002, I believe.

THIS IS DWARF INVASION!

beto
632th Post

"Re(3):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 19:50post reply

quote:

2002 + 2003 together.

Juke Joint Jezebel
3150th Post

"Re(3):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Sun 5 Sep 19:53post reply

quote:

F4G

2001's controls are gross. like psx's '99, i have trouble doing the simplest combos. fireballs don't come out, Kyle screams, etc

Go back to Babylon.

beto
634th Post

"2002... "Impressions" - yeah, right" , posted Mon 6 Sep 06:49post reply

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/kingoffighters20022003/preview_6106626.html

Hopefully, some UK-based site will have a better preview. Or better yet, just find a review from the japanese version.

Noh Agents
27th Post

Rare Customer

"can't wait" , posted Mon 6 Sep 12:58post reply

i can finally play 2k3 for the first time when it comes out on either Xbox or PS2. is it any good? i have the mook with the DVD that shows some strategy to it but is it up to snuff for a KOF? i hear mix reviews. i didn't enjoy KOF 1999 for the arcade but i enjoyed 2000, 2001, and 2002 more than 1999. so is it coming out in the last quarter or next year?

Korigama
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):can't wait" , posted Mon 6 Sep 15:12post reply

quote:
i can finally play 2k3 for the first time when it comes out on either Xbox or PS2. is it any good? i have the mook with the DVD that shows some strategy to it but is it up to snuff for a KOF? i hear mix reviews. i didn't enjoy KOF 1999 for the arcade but i enjoyed 2000, 2001, and 2002 more than 1999. so is it coming out in the last quarter or next year?

IMO, 2003 sucks. I rank it higher than 2001, but only due to presentation. The double pack will be released in the US in December.

beto
636th Post

"Re(1):can't wait" , posted Mon 6 Sep 17:00:post reply

quote:

I like it a lot. I play 2-player for a few hours every weekend.

The grapplers have some "unfair" advantages (wake-ups are vulnerable to command throws, same for jumping in from tagging), and DuoLon is broken... but frankly, it┤s a lot of fun.

The engine feels very different from previous KOFs (which makes some people whine oh my god it┤s not 2002 ).

The tag system is not annoying like in games like MVC, and is also much better than strikers. The juggling feels more natural than in the couple previous games. Control response is very different, so first hour or so will be mostly addapting.

It all adds up to the combo system, which i feel is very natural, unlike the last few KOFs and most "VS" games.

I like most KOFs. I only really dislike ┤99. 2000 would be nice without strikers. 2001 is average. 2002 is nice, but damn it┤s pointless - lifeless.

2003 is the first KOF in years that i can support it. It┤s not like 99, where as much as they tried it wouldn┤t get anywhere... It┤s not like SVC where only building from the ground-up would fix it. All they have to do in 2004 is fix the grappling issue and DuoLon.

[this message was edited by beto on Mon 6 Sep 17:06]

Juke Joint Jezebel
3156th Post

"Re(2):can't wait" , posted Mon 6 Sep 17:28post reply

quote:
master post

i agree. 2003 rocks hard. i'm probably a little biased since i absolutely love most of the cast. but the characters and game all flow very well imo

Duo Lon is a monster, but don't worry about it. it takes a lot of timing and skill to use him properly. a lot of people have tried and i've only had real problems with 3 or 4 of them

when it comes to single player, some of the bosses are pretty lame (the Gouki/Grant stereotype is back! in stone form! and Kusanagi shakes his groove thing one more time), but it's nice to see Chizuru come back, even if her sister is such a slut. Rugal's brother is ok. it's fun killing him and seeing his horny sister get angry

kof's a great family game

Go back to Babylon.

deisied
89th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):can't wait" , posted Mon 6 Sep 19:02post reply

my heart pounded for kof2003 for a little while there, but no one was around to play it, so unfortunately it had to get dropped quick.

as for 99, i think it's interesting for crazy reasons i'd really have to go on about, in a Tim Rogers kind of way, but i agree with most of the things people didnt like about it. still i don't look back and cringe, i just...don't really play it.

and i probably like 2001 more than anyone really, it's not even that it's amazing, but everyone hates it so hard it's easy for me to be the biggest fan all awesome.

(i even like some of the music)

O__M__G

Ammadeau
1134th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):can't wait" , posted Mon 6 Sep 20:35post reply

I doubt you'll like KOF2k1 more than I do. It's my favorite, though I haven't played 2k3 yet... and probably never will since the idea of buying 2k2 again makes me physically ill.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

Korigama
7th Post

New Customer

"Re(5):can't wait" , posted Tue 7 Sep 01:37post reply

quote:
I doubt you'll like KOF2k1 more than I do. It's my favorite, though I haven't played 2k3 yet... and probably never will since the idea of buying 2k2 again makes me physically ill.

Consider it buying 2003 and getting 2002 free (though for me, it's the other way around).

Undead Fred
1878th Post

Gold Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):KOF 2003 PS2 Screenshots" , posted Tue 7 Sep 02:14post reply

quote:
They're going to do a double-pack with KOF 2002, I believe.

Awesome, awesome. Any idea when that release date is, or possible price, or anything?

MY PS2 WILL BRACE ITSELF FOR YAMAZAKI MADNESS ONCE MORE

Ammadeau
1140th Post

"Re(6):can't wait" , posted Tue 7 Sep 03:22post reply

quote:
Consider it buying 2003 and getting 2002 free (though for me, it's the other way around).

I dislike KOF2k2 so much I would not accept for free. It would not be worth the trouble of trying to sell off, and I won't give to my friends because I'd like to keep them. Why I'm not entirely sure.

Got Next - it's a gaming site I write stupid things for

emeraldazn
319th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(7):can't wait" , posted Tue 7 Sep 09:29post reply

I wished ya watch the ongamenet kof2001 vids, I really do. Ppl who bash kof2k1 and has not watched them..sigh.

That aside, I like kof2003.

beto
637th Post

"Re(8):can't wait" , posted Tue 7 Sep 09:49post reply

quote:
I wished ya watch the ongamenet kof2001 vids, I really do. Ppl who bash kof2k1 and has not watched them..sigh.

Your point? There are "awesome" videos for MVC2, MK3, Eternal Champions... Doesn┤t change anything.

Iggy
4437th Post

"Re(9):can't wait" , posted Tue 7 Sep 10:04post reply

quote:
Eternal Champions...

What was this game again ? I think I know this name, but...

deisied
93th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(10):can't wait" , posted Tue 7 Sep 10:58post reply

man i had eternal champions on sega cd, that was the man

beto
649th Post

"More KOF 2003 3D PS2 Pics" , posted Mon 13 Sep 19:43:post reply

A couple more 3D backgrounds:

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0409/game091304a.shtml

quote:
Eternal Champions...
What was this game again ? I think I know this name, but...

The crazy Sega one with the thief, caveman, and so on...

[this message was edited by beto on Mon 13 Sep 19:55]

OrochiChris
76th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):can't wait" , posted Mon 13 Sep 20:21post reply

2001 was alright; K999999999999999 was the only thing I liked about it. 2002 was pretty lifeless, yeah... they needed to put in some new character intros and stuff. :/

2003, though, was great if only because every character got new animation frames and/or new voices (or both). I still don't like Ash too much...

Cathy: オー! バイオレンス!アーユー ヒール?
ワッチュアネーム?

Shinobu: な、なんだぁ!? くっ...でけぇ... 一体何食ってやがんだぁ!?
えぇい! 日本に来たら、日本語喋れってんだっ!

Phoenix
575th Post

New Red Carpet Member

"Re(4):can't wait" , posted Mon 13 Sep 20:40post reply

quote:
2001 was alright; K999999999999999 was the only thing I liked about it. 2002 was pretty lifeless, yeah... they needed to put in some new character intros and stuff. :/

2003, though, was great if only because every character got new animation frames and/or new voices (or both). I still don't like Ash too much...

Haha, I wonder why I ignored this thread?

"There are "awesome" videos for MVC2, MK3, Eternal Champions... Doesn┤t change anything."

While I love Xavier from Eternal Champions as much as the next guy. You don't know this one beto. It's just one of those things that has to be experienced first hand. To this day I stand amazed at those match vids. The Korean champion's May Lee was quite possibly the most offensive beast I have ever seen in any fighter. Anyhow, the vids featured Korea VS Japan tourney matches. I respect 2k1's gameplay quite a bit actually. There are enough broken characters (about 12?) that the game actually becomes quite interesting. I'm looking forward to some XBox live goodness from the doublepack.

Shin_ATproof
1122th Post

"Re(4):can't wait" , posted Mon 13 Sep 20:43post reply

I'll definitely pick up the 2K2/2K3 combo when it comes stateside. Those are actually 2/4 my favorite KoFs. I hope they toss in an arranged track like they did with Samsho0.

I wonder if the regular team mode will bring back CD attacks then.....that would be great.

And for the record: KoF2K1 sucks. Because it has some of the stupidest broken crap that makes ZOMGDUOLON!1! and 2K striker combos look balanced.

SÝ mon con langosta y camarˇn

beto
649th Post

"Re(5):can't wait" , posted Mon 13 Sep 21:15post reply

2001┤s gameplay looks better than it actually is, IMO. I get more enjoyment fighting Original Zero and Ignitz than playing versus mode.

quote:
I wonder if the regular team mode will bring back CD attacks then.....that would be great.

Max Mode would be neat too. But i doubt they┤ll bring that back.

I also wonder how the next KOF (The KOF Previously known as 2004) will use the 5th button from Atomiswave. They should use it to make BC and CD exclusive to tagging.

emeraldazn
320th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(6):can't wait" , posted Mon 13 Sep 22:49post reply

I thought 2k1, with pulling out a bunch of strikers at once, would be retarded. But after seeing how its pretty much MEANT to be played from the ongamenet tourney vids,..just wow. You have no idea beto.

That is all, I'm out.

Iggy
4505th Post

"Re(6):can't wait" , posted Tue 14 Sep 00:49post reply

quote:
2001┤s gameplay looks better than it actually is, IMO. I get more enjoyment fighting Original Zero and Ignitz than playing versus mode.

I still consider 01 to be an excellent 1 player game.
But nothing more.

Ultima
387th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):can't wait" , posted Tue 14 Sep 09:19post reply

quote:
Rugal's brother is ok. it's fun killing him and seeing his horny sister get angry

I've been out of the loop for a while, but last I checked, Adel was believed to be Rugal's son, not his brother. Is it official that Adel is his brother now or are you just assuming?

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

beto
650th Post

"Re(4):can't wait" , posted Tue 14 Sep 12:53post reply

quote:

I've been out of the loop for a while, but last I checked, Adel was believed to be Rugal's son, not his brother. Is it official that Adel is his brother now or are you just assuming?

We only know that they are related somehow. Adel uses the "R" symbol, besides the Noah and Rugal┤s image appearing before the fight...

Maybe someone reading the chinese comics can say for sure? There┤s been a few scenes with Rose talking about Rugal...

Iggy
4517th Post

"Re(5):can't wait" , posted Tue 14 Sep 16:10post reply

quote:
Maybe someone reading the chinese comics can say for sure? There┤s been a few scenes with Rose talking about Rugal...

I'm surprised you seem to ignore the HK comics have absolutely nothing to do with SNK. I don't remember in which bio of the KOF 10th anniversary website they made fun of that (at least in Maxima's).

beto
652th Post

"Re(6):can't wait" , posted Tue 14 Sep 17:18:post reply

quote:
I'm surprised you seem to ignore the HK comics have absolutely nothing to do with SNK. I don't remember in which bio of the KOF 10th anniversary website they made fun of that (at least in Maxima's).

They have crazy stuff. But the character-related stuff in the KOF comic seemed to use info taken directly from SNK. They sometimes would have info and scenes exactly like in the bios from games not yet released by SNK.

That┤s why i think something as basic as the relation between Adel and Rugal wouldn┤t be made up.

[this message was edited by beto on Tue 14 Sep 17:46]

Iggy
4523th Post

"Re(7):can't wait" , posted Tue 14 Sep 22:44:post reply

quote:
They have crazy stuff. But the character-related stuff in the KOF comic seemed to use info taken directly from SNK. They sometimes would have info and scenes exactly like in the bios from games not yet released by SNK.

Do you have a precise example ? At least the sex change of professor Makishima is funny.

(speaking of which, every character have been updated minus Zero).

Edit : Interesting bits : they are happy with Ash's design, and with the concept of intersting hero-vilain (why not?)
Duolon will return, and so will Shen Wu. As for Shen Wu, his concept looked like too much Yashiro and Ralf, and the fact the game was developed in such a short time prevented them to really make him as they wanted ; he should appear as a more violent character in the sequel.

Griffon : Actually, it should have been Raiden, but it was changed at the last minute. Someone also had the idea to make a GM+Grant team. And the "Tizoc" name make them laugh.

Gat˘ is here to appeal the chinese market, and no, they never thought seriously about using Hotaru in 03 (they don't say anything about the sequel, though). He was used as a test character for 03 and got hit by every single move in the game, poor Gat˘.

Malin's entry was decided after Choi was erased, and her moves are his on purpose.

Maki seems to have a little different haircut ? never noticed.

Adelhaid's father is Rugal, and they gave him a feminine name on purpose (?). He is here to "enlarge the world of KOF" (???)
Rose is here to be the oj˘sama of the game, since Hinako is... well, Hinako.

Saishű's page is about a 10th anniversary mook. (something like AASNK, but with KOF only ?)
And Eiji interviews Tonko.

[this message was edited by Iggy on Tue 14 Sep 23:09]

Fygee
1098th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(8):can't wait" , posted Wed 15 Sep 02:19post reply

quote:
Adelhaid's father is Rugal, and they gave him a feminine name on purpose (?). He is here to "enlarge the world of KOF" (???)

Translation: Adelheid = Flaming gay

beto
653th Post

"Bouncy Animation" , posted Wed 15 Sep 06:18:post reply

Oh man, they put some nice (and bouncy!) animation on the Pachislot... They have to put some in 2004 too, damn it:

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/satoken777/slot3/mai.MPG

quote:
Do you have a precise example ? At least the sex change of professor Makishima is funny.

Rugal┤s "return" in 2002 was brought up before the game. IIRC, Kyo┤s punch DM too (no idea what it is called).

Anyway, thanks for confirming the info from the site.

[this message was edited by beto on Wed 15 Sep 07:19]

Ishmael
1637th Post

Tailored Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(1):Bouncy Animation" , posted Wed 15 Sep 10:40post reply

quote:
Oh man, they put some nice (and bouncy!) animation on the Pachislot... They have to put some in 2004 too, damn it:

http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/satoken777/slot3/mai.MPG

Wow, a Falcoon style version of Mai that's animated. The way things were jumping around in that clip I'm surprised she didn't knock herself out.

snkneoshingo2k3
200th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(8):can't wait" , posted Wed 15 Sep 12:50post reply

quote:

(speaking of which, every character have been updated minus Zero).

Edit : Interesting bits : they are happy with Ash's design, and with the concept of intersting hero-vilain (why not?)
Duolon will return, and so will Shen Wu. As for Shen Wu, his concept looked like too much Yashiro and Ralf, and the fact the game was developed in such a short time prevented them to really make him as they wanted ; he should appear as a more violent character in the sequel.

Griffon : Actually, it should have been Raiden, but it was changed at the last minute. Someone also had the idea to make a GM+Grant team. And the "Tizoc" name make them laugh.

Gat˘ is here to appeal the chinese market, and no, they never thought seriously about using Hotaru in 03 (they don't say anything about the sequel, though). He was used as a test character for 03 and got hit by every single move in the game, poor Gat˘.

Malin's entry was decided after Choi was erased, and her moves are his on purpose.

Maki seems to have a little different haircut ? never noticed.

Rose is here to be the oj˘sama of the game, since Hinako is... well, Hinako.

Saishű's page is about a 10th anniversary mook. (something like AASNK, but with KOF only ?)
And Eiji interviews Tonko.

Well well well, this is my 200th post, and as always, I have to thank Iggy for the big news, but this time, I truly thank him very much for giving me the first true big news on The King Of Fighters 2004(at least on the roster, but of course better than nothing).And I surely dig the possibility of the All About The King of Fighters 10th anniversary celebrative mook.
That's all for now.See y'all later.

THE MOST POWERFUL FIGHTERS DON'T HOLD GRUDGES THEY ELIMINATE THEM