[an error occurred while processing this directive] New FMA Fighting game - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Fuchikoma
1016th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member

"New FMA Fighting game" , posted Sun 13 Jun 11:58:post reply

Just catching up on news over the weekend and I noticed that there's been a new Full Metal Alchemist game announced- Full Metal Alchemist: Dream Carnival. It's a tag team 3d fighter developed Eighting, the guys behind the Bloody Roar series. Bloody Roar 4 is a pretty decent fighter... if you ignore the boring career mode and the fact you can't unlock all the extra beast drive moves with only 6 career slots. This should be a really fun game... I wonder if Mustang will have a bunch of Kyo Kusanagi rip off moves. I'd also bet money they include their infamous debug mode and we'll be seeing some shots of Ed and Winry doing some nasty things

edit- between this and Narutimate Hero 2... looks like a good year for anime based fighters (if you ignore DBZ Budokai 3 and Yuuku Hakushou).

[this message was edited by Fuchikoma on Sun 13 Jun 12:16]

Replies:

Grahf
102th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):New FMA Fighting game" , posted Sun 13 Jun 13:42post reply

Always good to see anime-based games liscenced by someone who won't just slap together some crap to squeeze money from the die-hard fans (*cough* Bandai *cough*). Hopefully this and the other FMA game shown at E3 will be good enough to inspire some more companies to do so.

P.S. Fuchikoma's avatar looks like it's dancing to whatever music I happen to be listening to.

Fuchikoma
1016th Post

"Re(2):New FMA Fighting game" , posted Sun 13 Jun 14:17post reply

Since it's a tag based fighter I'm guessing it will probably use a similar to engine to Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2. I also forgot to mention Square Enix is doing a sequel to their FMA action RPG, it picks up where the first one left off but it's now cell shaded.

BTW- Bandai is the publisher of the FMA fighting game.

Shin_ATproof
1079th Post

"Re(3):New FMA Fighting game" , posted Sun 13 Jun 14:24post reply

YAY! YAY! YAY!!

Two new FMA games!? That is so freak'n sweet!! Awesome...freak'n awesome!

I wonder though...since FMA is coming out to the US does that mean that we will see US versions? I wonder if the US games will allow for sub and dubbed.

Sí con la langosta y camarón

Fuchikoma
1017th Post

"Re(4):New FMA Fighting game" , posted Sun 13 Jun 15:07post reply

Both of the Square Enix FMA games have US ports coming... but it's unknown about Bandai's game. With the show airing on Cartoon Network in October I'd say it's a good chance for a US version.

Shin_ATproof
1081th Post

"Re(5):New FMA Fighting game" , posted Sun 13 Jun 17:48post reply

quote:
Both of the Square Enix FMA games have US ports coming... but it's unknown about Bandai's game. With the show airing on Cartoon Network in October I'd say it's a good chance for a US version.

Oh oh...I meant the fighter. I already knew about the SquareEnix game. And Funimation getting the series and putting it on Adult Swim in October.

Sí con la langosta y camarón

Spoon
459th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(3):New FMA Fighting game" , posted Sun 13 Jun 20:23post reply

quote:

BTW- Bandai is the publisher of the FMA fighting game.

I hope it doesn't suck.