[an error occurred while processing this directive] help me be sexy (a learning experience) tekke - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Juke Joint Jezebel
2928th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"help me be sexy (a learning experience) tekke" , posted Sat 5 Jun 04:37post reply

hey, i'm having problems with "chain throws" in Tekken. if anyone can help me out, that'd be great. i tried going to a couple of different faqs, but these things aren't that in-depth. lemme start off by saying i'm using Anna. i should probably use a grappler that everyone's familiar with (like King), but Anna's really sexy, and i like moaning every time she dislocates a joint

the particular chain i'm trying to do is

(palm grab)
[1][2]
(standing reverse arm lock)
[1] , [3] , [2] , [1]
(rear gatelatch falconwing squeeze)
[3] , [1] , [4] , [1][2] , [1][2]

the 1,3,2,1 part is real easy. i just input the combo after executing the qcf. it's the 3,1,4,1+2,1+2 i'm having trouble with

i ran Tekken Tag in training mode to see how the computer does it and i kinda got the timing down. start inputting the combo while she's getting into position to do more snapping. but it doesn't always come out for me. there's times where i can finish the chain three or four times in a row without missing a beat. and there's other times where i attempt the chain for half an hour, just to fuck up every try

are there any tricks that anyone uses for this chain throw? or any other particular ones? i can try those out to get more practice. how about tips for all chain throws in general? any help with input or timing is greatly appreciated

by the way, Juan, stay out of this thread. your face smells like peanuts. seriously

Replies:

Toxico
3670th Post

"HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 10:49post reply

Well, as far as I know I follow a few tips with multi-throws in Tekken:

1.- on practice there is an option that it's labeled as "hit analisys", set this in 'on'; now when your character is green it means that you can input moves, if the character is red it means you can't input moves. Now perform a multi part and see how many time you have to input the secuence.

2.- If you are fast input the secuences 2 or three times instead of only one, this method mades many multipart dead easy.

3.- In most cases the secuence of the next part of the throw must be finished "just before" the characters snaps the enemy's articulations.

These are in the whole the easiest tips. After this it all comes down on how well you can memorize the secuences.

I'm up tod Dodge ball.... & Tekken ball
And Juna is a great Tekken player... And sexy.

Tekkenshu -> Los movimientos que nunca existieron y siempre quisistes tener!

Holiday
2350th Post

"Re(1):HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 11:21post reply

What Toxico said :)

I don't play Tekken on the PS2, just the arcade, so I don't know if the following applies for it?

For commands such as [1],[1+2],[1+2+3], you can input them as:
1) hold down button [1]
2) while still holding down button [1], hold button [2]
3) while holding down [1+2], tap button [3]

A lot of times I think I mess up the multi-throw inputs because I don't press buttons the same time, so doing this solves this problem. This is especially useful for King's Rolling Death Cradle [1+3],[3+4],[4+2],[2+1],[1+2+3], but rarely do this throw chain unless I want to show off :p

Toxico
3672th Post

"Re(2):HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 11:34post reply

quote:
For commands such as [1],[1+2],[1+2+3], you can input them as:
1) hold down button [1]
2) while still holding down button [1], hold button [2]
3) while holding down [1+2], tap button [3]

Yes, this applies to the home version as well.... I forgot that tip, I use it al the time because my deformed fingers have problems when pressing two buttons sumultaneously....

Very good Holiday, I send you a cookie XD

Tekkenshu -> Los movimientos que nunca existieron y siempre quisistes tener!

Juke Joint Jezebel
2929th Post

"Re(3):HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 12:54post reply

yes! many thanks, Toxico! i turned hit analysis on yesterday but i didn't know what it stood for (and the red-green shifting was distracting me) so i turned it back off. but that, alone, has really helped me out a lot. i can dislocate both shoulders without a hitch now! it's so great (and so sexy)! i've got the timing down so i can even do it without the hit analysis. time to memorize other throws!

i don't think i'm fast enough to input the commands two or three times (also, my fingers and wrist hurts like hell right now), but i'll keep it in mind for the future

thanks, too, Holiday! i'll try out one of Nina's chains soon (i think it's 1+4,2,1,1+2,1+2+3). i was having trouble with it before. but i think that tip will help out a lot

by the way, i changed to a joystick (from controller). trying to pull those off with a controller might've been my biggest problem

Juan
4003th Post

"Re(1):help me be sexy (a learning experience)" , posted Sat 5 Jun 13:27post reply

my face smells like almonds

quote:
by the way, Juan, stay out of this thread. your face smells like peanuts. seriously

STFU

Phoenix
462th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):help me be sexy (a learning experience)" , posted Sat 5 Jun 13:31:post reply

quote:
my face smells like almonds

Oh yeah a bit of OT trivia.
Back of Hwaorang's shirt as shown on Juan's link reads Maek. Namco spelled it wrong obviously and was aiming for Baek instead. I can't believe they didn't fix it for TTT either. Since T5 is supposed to have his gi uniform again I wonder...

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Sat 5 Jun 14:13]

Gojira
1450th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 15:26post reply

Bah. Anna's chains are sexier. Can't wait to use em again in T5

BTW, more proof of T4's asswackerdness, if you have trouble with ANY chain throws in T4, you can get them by just jamming all four buttons. Proof? Try this: Assign R1 to 1+3 and R2 ro 2+4. Then initiate one of King's long multithrows, say d,n 2+4. Now, jam on R1+R2 repeatedly and watch the effortless fun! Oh Tekken 4, you're so kind to the bad bad players

Luckily this doesn't work in TTT. Hopefully not in T5 either...

Juke Joint Jezebel
2931th Post

"Re(5):HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 16:18post reply

quote:
Bah. Anna's chains are sexier. Can't wait to use em again in T5

oh man it took a good couple of hours, but i memorized and can (almost always) pull off all of Anna's Chin Bash chains on command. after you learn a few chains, learning new ones are easy. it's just a matter of button memory

i never used King before so i'll try him out to see if i can execute his near-100% chain .... well, later tonight .. or whenever my right hand stops throbbing

Spoon
428th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 16:36post reply

quote:
or whenever my right hand stops throbbing

Someone's spending WAY too much time on Anna.

Gojira
1452th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(6):HA HA HA..... I will not perish!!!" , posted Sat 5 Jun 20:28post reply

quote:

oh man it took a good couple of hours, but i memorized and can (almost always) pull off all of Anna's Chin Bash chains on command. after you learn a few chains, learning new ones are easy. it's just a matter of button memory

i never used King before so i'll try him out to see if i can execute his near-100% chain .... well, later tonight .. or whenever my right hand stops throbbing

If you want some tougher ones, try Bruce's full knee chain throw or Paul's Ultimate Punishment from the tackle. Those are probably the toughest chain throw timings in the game. Come to think of it, Nina's legscissor chain throws were pretty hard in TTT too... gotta be fast

Damn, now I feel like going back and playing Tag again, and I don't have all the characters unlocked any more :(