[an error occurred while processing this directive] Sakura Taisen plans to take over the world - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Phoenix
451th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Sakura Taisen plans to take over the world" , posted Fri 4 Jun 05:08post reply

Whatever happened to that Sakura Taisen World Project by Sega...Sammy Holdings? I hope it's not canned.

Here's what I can dig up about it...and all this stuff is from freakin 2002! I wonder if there's been any recent info updates.

http82/sakurataisen5/default.asp

Sakura Taisen 5 was announced as part of the "Sakura Taisen World Project" on 1 July 2002. Its subtitle is "Saraba Itoshiki Hito Yo" ("Farewell, Young Ones"). It will take place in New York in the 1920s, and there will five heroines. There is a new captain (not Oogami). Ratchet will appear, though it is unclear whether she will be one of the heroines or perhaps in a position such as Yoneda's or Kaede's. It will be released in North America, but no release date has been set for either Japan or North America.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/sakurataisen5sarabaihy/news_2873039.html

Sakura Taisen: Atsuki Chishio Ni (dramatic adventure)
Sakura Taisen 5: Saraba Itoshiki Hito Yo (dramatic adventure)
Sakura Taisen 5 Action (working title, action)
Sakura Himenishiki Emaki (working title, psycho-trip action)
Kouma (working title, action adventure)
Sakura Taisen Monogatari (adventure)

Sakura Taisen: Atsuki Chishio Ni is essentially a remake of the first Sakura Taisen released on the Sega Saturn, with upgraded systems and graphics that are on par with those of Sakura Taisen 3. The title is scheduled for a spring 2003 release in Japan. The fifth installment in the series, Sakura Taisen 5: Saraba Itoshiki Hito Yo, will focus on a different theatrical group with new characters, and it takes place in New York during the 1920s. The title is tentatively scheduled for release sometime in 2004. The other three action titles--Sakura Taisen 5 Action, Sakura Himenishiki Emaki, and Kouma--are being developed with a worldwide release in mind. The company stated that Sakura Taisen 5 Action will be released first, followed by Sakura Taisen 5: Saraba Itoshiki Hito Yo for the North American territory.

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

Replies:

Radish
2581th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sakura Taisen plans to take over the wo" , posted Fri 4 Jun 05:17:post reply

Weird, I was actually wondering about this last night. I'm hoping that this isn't going to get scrapped in the Sammy Sega merger; not that I think that there's a reason it would, just that that we haven't heard anything in a while and that's usually not a good thing.

[this message was edited by Radish on Fri 4 Jun 05:23]

Iggy
3468th Post

"Re(1):Sakura Taisen plans to take over the wo" , posted Fri 4 Jun 05:24:post reply

The prequel of ST5 (with the god ugly new heroin) should be finished by the end of the year. We already know the real ST5 has met his share of problems, awfully late, big big money spend, you get the picture. It makes me want them to release Segagaga 2 if only to know how much ST5 really costed.
I think there was a rumor about the director of the game that couldn't work on Tengai Makyō 3 (?) because ST5 was so late he couldn't get his hands out of it.
For the rest... Eh. Sometimes games disappear for their own good.

Oh, and the remake of ST1 with the ST3 system has been out for nearly a year. And it... it... Well, you know, it's ST1.

わかった
しんでも...いきてかえる

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 4 Jun 05:31]

Ammadeau
998th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):Sakura Taisen plans to take over the wo" , posted Fri 4 Jun 10:15post reply

quote:
Oh, and the remake of ST1 with the ST3 system has been out for nearly a year. And it... it... Well, you know, it's ST1.

Oddly, I just wrote a mini-review of it alone with some other imports for a website that doesn't actually exist yet... anyway, I'd say it's not ST1 and that's the problem with the remake. While the story additions are nice, the mini-games are basically gone and the already easy combat is so simple you can beat the entire game with Sumire alone. I liked the fights in ST3, but the system just isn't working here. And the endings are the same FMV from the original game, only they've been cropped and look worse than they originally did. So personally I wished they had added to the story and spent a little money on new endings instead of making changes.

Sakura Taisen Mysterious Paris came out, but I didn't bother buying it myself even though I like the characters. I planned to buy it eventually, but haven't seen it in stock at online shops for quite a while now. Don't really mind missing it since I doubt I would understand much of it.

Updated when I can... which isn't very often. ^_^;;

Phoenix
452th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Sakura Taisen plans to take over the wo" , posted Fri 4 Jun 12:19post reply

Well as long as ST5 isn't canned I guess. And that's about as likely as DQ8 being canned so...good news. And I actually own Sakura Taisen Mysterious Paris plus ST1 remake limited edition that I got for $20 on ebay. I haven't played either...cuz as you know I'm Japanese illiterate.

Ammadeau
999th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Sakura Taisen plans to take over the wo" , posted Fri 4 Jun 13:22post reply

quote:
Well as long as ST5 isn't canned I guess. And that's about as likely as DQ8 being canned so...good news. And I actually own Sakura Taisen Mysterious Paris plus ST1 remake limited edition that I got for $20 on ebay. I haven't played either...cuz as you know I'm Japanese illiterate.

I'd say the translation faq still applies to 60-70% of the remake, depending on which choices you make. There's a faq that covers the additions, but it doesn't translate them, just a walkthrough. So you'd still get the bulk of the story, but you'd miss some of the optional events.

There's a walkthrough for Mysterious Paris as well, but there's zero translation for it

Updated when I can... which isn't very often. ^_^;;

Phoenix
456th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Sakura Taisen plans to take over the wo" , posted Fri 4 Jun 13:43post reply

Thanks a lot for the heads up. I'm gonna have to rely on faqs for a while...until I ever get around to learning Nihongo for real.

Radish
2583th Post

"Re(5):Sakura Taisen plans to take over the wo" , posted Fri 4 Jun 14:21post reply

While looking up Kayama's old site I found out that he quit doing the translations a year ago which was a pretty big downer.