[an error occurred while processing this directive] Outsourced Anime - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ishmael
1438th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 11:03post reply

Pulled from the English edition of Asahi Shimbun.

An article about changes in the way anime is made.

Replies:

Maou
239th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 11:59post reply

Outsourced animation? This reminds me of an old GameFan review of this hilarious show that US anime translator ADV released called Tokyo Armageddon or something insane that was actually Korean-made...pure Koreanime MANIA from the penninsula...its number review score was "!!"

Phoenix
447th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 12:51post reply

To this day I'm awed at the number of Korean names I see in the credits for Macross Plus, El Hazard, Naruto and so on.

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

Radish
2571th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 13:29post reply

quote:
Pulled from the English edition of Asahi Shimbun.

An article about changes in the way anime is made.

I'm sure an economist somewhere is ejaculating over this.

war
83th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 16:28post reply

Well, at least it's keeping animators thin...
btw,I would like a large rice, please....

gg

Undead Fred
1615th Post

Red Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Member

"Re(2):Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 17:54post reply

quote:

I'm just glad the US was there to say, "Oh, you're making an anime, huh? We'll pay eleventy billion dollars to already have action figures and lunchboxes and soda tie-ins to the show a year and a half before it's out... Oh! Let's go ahead and make a movie of it and then plan on five sequels!"

Hooray for marketing. Hooray for 10,000x profits, and hooray for paying your employees just enough for them to sort of pay their rent and survive on a steady diet of ramen. Heh heh. It reminds me of the Excel Saga episode where Excel and Hyatt went to America and they ran into Sandora, who wanted to be an JAPANIMATION animator. He was talking about how he had heard they were all really rich and famous, and Excel and Hyatt just gave him a nervous, "Heh heh..."

BLAGGO

Radish
2577th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(3):Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 18:46post reply

quote:
I'm just glad the US was there to say, "Oh, you're making an anime, huh? We'll pay eleventy billion dollars to already have action figures and lunchboxes and soda tie-ins to the show a year and a half before it's out... Oh! Let's go ahead and make a movie of it and then plan on five sequels!"

Hooray for marketing. Hooray for 10,000x profits, and hooray for paying your employees just enough for them to sort of pay their rent and survive on a steady diet of ramen. Heh heh. It reminds me of the Excel Saga episode where Excel and Hyatt went to America and they ran into Sandora, who wanted to be an JAPANIMATION animator. He was talking about how he had heard they were all really rich and famous, and Excel and Hyatt just gave him a nervous, "Heh heh..."

Haha that reminds me of how Atari gave Stephen Speilburg $25 million for the E.T license, then told the one programmer to make a game in 6 weeks so they could cash in on the craze.

Ammadeau
995th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):Outsourced Anime" , posted Thu 3 Jun 20:05post reply

quote:
Haha that reminds me of how Atari gave Stephen Speilburg $25 million for the E.T license, then told the one programmer to make a game in 6 weeks so they could cash in on the craze.

Boy did this sent the trend for liscensed games.

Updated when I can... which isn't very often. ^_^;;