[an error occurred while processing this directive] Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Spoon
404th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 16:27post reply

So far I've managed to do it with Shiki Nanaya and Mech-Hisui. I'm not solid on EXACTLY how or why it happens, but basically Shiki uses his B,B launcher chain on Mech-Hisui, and she gets somewhat launched... only to stand and walk upon ground that isn't there. She can do all her standing etc. moves as though there was ground. Weird.

Replies:

JJWE
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 16:31post reply

quote:
only to stand and walk upon ground that isn't there. She can do all her standing etc. moves as though there was ground. Weird.

Sounds like a badly programmed MUGEN character. :p

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

Juke Joint Jezebel
2919th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 16:32post reply

quote:
So far I've managed to do it with Shiki Nanaya and Mech-Hisui. I'm not solid on EXACTLY how or why it happens, but basically Shiki uses his B,B launcher chain on Mech-Hisui, and she gets somewhat launched... only to stand and walk upon ground that isn't there. She can do all her standing etc. moves as though there was ground. Weird.

report it. maybe they can fix it with an update later

Spoon
405th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 16:50post reply

quote:

report it. maybe they can fix it with an update later

But you know their site has always said, "Sorry, this site is Japanese only"...

Spoon
406th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 17:02post reply

quote:
I'm not solid on EXACTLY how or why it happens

I've got it figured out, and it's retardedly simple. Don't think too hard about doujinware glitches, I need to remember that.

Step 1: Send opponent into air. This is easily done with B,B launcher chain with Shiki Nanaya.

Step 2: Get them a little higher.

Step 3: As they fall into range, they need to air recover and air block the launcher hit of the B,B chain.

Voila, they are standing in the air. There are some curious properties with what does and does not hit (e.g. they can do ground throws on you, but Shiki Nanaya's teleport dash into grab probably WON'T hit. Shiki's super however, can hit if they are low enough).

I haven't thoroughly tested it yet, though, so I can't say which characters can/cannot do the launching/be launched, etc.

Replays of me goofing around with the CPU and showing some of the weirdness:
Link Here
Download and paste into your replay directory.

Juke Joint Jezebel
2920th Post

"Re(3):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 17:13post reply

quote:

Link Here

Spoon
407th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 17:19post reply

quote:
Link Here

That is so wrong.

Spoon
408th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Wed 2 Jun 17:23post reply

More details:

If you couldn't tell from the replays, when a character is put into the "skywalk" state, knockdown hits will bring them back to terra firma, while non-knockdown hits will leave them in the air. If they jump, I believe it will always bring them back to earth.

Haven't managed to put a person into skywalk mode with anyone other than Shiki Nanaya yet. Or maybe I'm just inept.

Zepy
827th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Thu 3 Jun 03:15post reply

quote:
Haven't managed to put a person into skywalk mode with anyone other than Shiki Nanaya yet. Or maybe I'm just inept.

Aoko goes into skywalk mode just by jumping and attacking! It's her magic. Really.

Spoon
413th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):Weird Melty Blood ReACT glitch" , posted Thu 3 Jun 14:03post reply

quote:

Aoko goes into skywalk mode just by jumping and attacking! It's her magic. Really.

I've never seen the CPU jump AND attack with her... did she just do that, or were you the one using her? If it's the latter case, how?

I always imagined that popular doujin fighters would've undergone deranged beta testing, considering the rabidness of the userbase...

Juan
3999th Post

"brainwasher Hisui" , posted Thu 3 Jun 14:24:post reply

Im going to hijack your thread for a second to ask about Hisui's hcf+c super. What is the purpose of it? She starts doing circles with her arms (brainwashing???), creates some sort of an energy circle, then I get hit on the face.

Also, what is up with the down,down+c chair move? can i sit down? i mean, im pretty tired and stuff.

Also, is there a sountrack to the original melty blood? if not, is there a way to rip the songs out of those crazy files?

Edit: cheap scrubby cat arc

quote:

I've never seen the CPU jump AND attack with her... did she just do that, or were you the one using her? If it's the latter case, how?

I always imagined that popular doujin fighters would've undergone deranged beta testing, considering the rabidness of the userbase...

STFU

[this message was edited by Juan on Thu 3 Jun 14:30]

VManOfMana
457th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):brainwasher Hisui" , posted Thu 3 Jun 14:38post reply

quote:
Im going to hijack your thread for a second to ask about Hisui's hcf+c super. What is the purpose of it? She starts doing circles with her arms (brainwashing???), creates some sort of an energy circle, then I get hit on the face.

The super messes up the opponent's controls. So it only really works against a human player.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

Juan
3999th Post

"Re(2):brainwasher Hisui" , posted Thu 3 Jun 14:40post reply

haha thanks, thats awesome

bonus

quote:
The super messes up the opponent's controls. So it only really works against a human player.

STFU

Spoon
414th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):brainwasher Hisui" , posted Thu 3 Jun 15:15post reply

quote:

Also, what is up with the down,down+c chair move? can i sit down? i mean, im pretty tired and stuff.

I asked about this in the other thread.
So far, the only thing I've managed to do with them is see that an opponent being attacked into a chair does not get pushed back as much with each hit. This effect seems to be cumulative with the number of chairs. But I'm sure there's more to it than just that.

quote:

Also, is there a sountrack to the original melty blood? if not, is there a way to rip the songs out of those crazy files?

Yes, there is, but I lost the utility in my HDD crash. Luna Fiesta previously detailed the method for it, and if there's any new music in ReACT, I imagine it could be extracted in the same way.

Zepy
828th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):brainwasher Hisui" , posted Thu 3 Jun 23:33post reply

The chair. It's just an obstruction and stuff. It's annoying.

I forgot how to extract melty blood data. I think there might have been a susie plug-in.