[an error occurred while processing this directive] Capcom fighting our sense of humor - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Iggy
3459th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 08:15post reply

Hamapika, the most unreliable japanese gaming news site, reports that our beloved CFA☆ is actually still in progress, and it hasn't been eaten by the jam !
I know, there's no reason to believe Hamapika once again, but I have grown addicted to this shit.

わかった
しんでも...いきてかえる

Replies:

NARUTO
2373th Post

"Re(1):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 08:51post reply

quote:
Hamapika, the most unreliable japanese gaming news site, reports that our beloved CFA☆ is actually still in progress, and it hasn't been eaten by the jam !
I know, there's no reason to believe Hamapika once again, but I have grown addicted to this shit.

So Fighting Jam was just a Decoy.....
Still if you says that the source isn't reliable, there no need to worry about.

A friend is someone who truly knows you But who loves you anyway...

Sano
639th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 09:56post reply

May I quote the immortal Rapper Little John? Dave Chapelle shown fans will get an extra laugh out of this -

OKAY!
ALRIGHT!
SKI! SKI! SKI! SKI!

EddyT
295th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(3):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 10:02post reply

quote:
May I quote the immortal Rapper Little John? Dave Chapelle shown fans will get an extra laugh out of this -

OKAY!
ALRIGHT!
SKI! SKI! SKI! SKI!

Uh... I think you mean "skeet skeet skeet".

RugalBernstein
5061th Post

"Re(1):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 10:10post reply

And the rumor LIVES AGAIN.

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

Best site EVER: Link Here

DarkZero
809th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 10:34post reply

Apparently abandoning their US government trademark for the game was just a ruse. Very crafty, Capcom. Very crafty.

Toxico
3667th Post

"Re(2):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 10:45:post reply

quote:

Still if you says that the source isn't reliable, there no need to worry about.

Something deep inside me wish that this little piece of unreliable info was true.... But that little something also wish that roger rabbit exist for real and it also wants those bothersome laws that prevent you from hooking up with underage girls where gone.

edit: Spelling.... & Herpes.

Obscene Voodoo Dance Teleport

Tekkenshu -> Los movimientos que nunca existieron y siempre quisistes tener!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Wed 2 Jun 13:41]

Luisinan
913th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 11:14post reply

quote:

OKAY!
ALRIGHT!
SKI! SKI! SKI! SKI!

You forget the quintesential... WHAT!?

Capcom is finally gettings its revenge for all the rabid fanboy mail it gets. Next thing you know, they're gonna announce a DMC-Onimusha-RE crossover game which they never intend to make.

Bored? "160"

Spoon
400th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 11:55post reply

quote:

MvC3 fo life.

Mosquiton
1207th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 12:05:post reply

quote:

I find this unsubstantiated rumour very heartening, because, for me, no information would ever lead me to believe that this game has been cancelled*. If the game continues to not be released, check back with me in 2010 and I may finally be ready to concede. But I doubt it.

And the more this kind of thing happens, the harder I get to laugh at the end at fate, myself, and everyone who thought that the game was cancelled for sure.

*- don't get techincal on me here, you know what I mean

/ / /

[this message was edited by Mosquiton on Wed 2 Jun 12:08]

Sano
640th Post

"Re(4):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 12:19post reply

quote:

He actually says "skeet?" that just makes Chapelle's sketch funnier!

EddyT
298th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(5):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 13:20post reply

quote:

Well, it's because L'il Jon says that in one of his raps (forgot which song, I'm not really a fan of his). Like Dave Chappelle said... white folks would freak out if they found out what it really means, especially if they have been chanting that in public.

Shin_ATproof
1065th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(2):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 14:02post reply

quote:

Or maybe AllStars is the real decoy!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Sí con la langosta y camarón

Krzyzewski Man
745th Post

"Re(6):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 20:46post reply

quote:
Well, it's because L'il Jon says that in one of his raps (forgot which song, I'm not really a fan of his).

You should be. You see, Li'l Jon is the Dirty South version of P. Diddy and Jermaine Dupri and all those other good producers who think they can also rap (well). Except... Li'l Jon and his Eastside Boyz know they can't, so, as they say in the business, they pass the mike and just yell really loud. Of course, the best possible outcome is a guy like Kanye West or Dr. Dre, who can both produce and rap well, but at least Li'l Jon knows his limits, and produces some of the best crunk in the business.

quote:
Like Dave Chappelle said... white folks would freak out if they found out what it really means, especially if they have been chanting that in public.

"My God, what've we done?!"

The resident lapsed Catholic progressive absurdist.

black_hayato
80th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(6):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 20:49post reply

quote:

Well, it's because L'il Jon says that in one of his raps (forgot which song, I'm not really a fan of his). Like Dave Chappelle said... white folks would freak out if they found out what it really means, especially if they have been chanting that in public.

Skeet is from the song Get Low (which is awsome). If you listen closely to the sexual nature of the song's lyrics it becomes apparent. It means to blow your load, bust a nut, etc. Used in a sentence in the same manner as cum.

I love the fact that Lil Jon is making millions off of 4 words and a chalice.

Krzyzewski Man
747th Post

"Re(7):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Wed 2 Jun 21:12post reply

quote:
a chalice.

Pimp cup. It is a pimp cup. By the way, this is referenced in the Andre 3000 lyric I'm in the Southern state/You know/Where all the pimps be/Dressin' all boogie and carryin' ugly cups/And yes you're getting booed if your shit do not get down/And yes you're getting sued by women who wouldn't get up out they seat on the bus from the Sleepy Brown/Outkast collaboration I Can't Wait.

Luisinan
916th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"THREAD HIJACK- Cafe Rap Roundtable" , posted Wed 2 Jun 21:22post reply

quote:
Well, it's because L'il Jon says that in one of his raps (forgot which song, I'm not really a fan of his).

You should be. You see, Li'l Jon is the Dirty South version of P. Diddy and Jermaine Dupri and all those other good producers who think they can also rap (well). Except... Li'l Jon and his Eastside Boyz know they can't, so, as they say in the business, they pass the mike and just yell really loud. Of course, the best possible outcome is a guy like Kanye West or Dr. Dre, who can both produce and rap well, but at least Li'l Jon knows his limits, and produces some of the best crunk in the business.

Like Dave Chappelle said... white folks would freak out if they found out what it really means, especially if they have been chanting that in public.

"My God, what've we done?!"

ha ha. I like your explanation K-man (your 2 for 2 tonight, your shungokustatsu mini essay was good too). I hate P Diddy's tactics, even though I can't help liking some of his work. But why bash Jermaine Dupree? I never thought of him as annoyingly boastful as Diddy. Plus he sounds pretty good. Diddy sounds like... I don't now. He sounds like a black man that can't rap, so he just makes himself sound angry but even that comes off lame. Ha ha ha.

The only rapper that I'm really liking right now from the current crop of new rappers is Ludacris. But he actually doesn't have a lot of good tracks on his albums. Just one or two hits and thats it. He needs a better producer or something.

As for everthing else. Dr. Dre as best producer for life. And Methodman as best rapper for life. Tupac was great, but he kinda kept redoing the same flavor over and over (he did it great though.) Biggie was great, but he also redid the same s--t over a lot. Jay-Z has more variety. But Meth has a grittier voice, and I like that.

Bored? "160"

Ishmael
1435th Post

"Re(3):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Thu 3 Jun 08:06post reply

I'm hoping both CFAS and CFJ get scrapped so that a third game -Capcom Fighting Whoop Dee Doo or something like that- can be made that will be an amalgamation of both games. It would be the best of both worlds.

Hungrywolf
2812th Post

"Re(4):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Thu 3 Jun 08:40:post reply

quote:
I'm hoping both CFAS and CFJ get scrapped so that a third game -Capcom Fighting Whoop Dee Doo or something like that- can be made that will be an amalgamation of both games. It would be the best of both worlds.

I'm glad someone made that picture into a tag. Their exressions are just great.

EDIT: Corrected my grammar. Don't I feel like a fool.

"no again my apoligizes for anyone i offend!!!!!"
Hungry Like the Wolf

[this message was edited by Hungrywolf on Thu 3 Jun 09:50]

Ishmael
1437th Post

"Re(5):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Thu 3 Jun 09:07post reply

quote:
I'm glad someone made that picture into a tag. There exressions are just great.

Cute girls wearing gigantic, silly hats and holding Marios encased in spheres is one thing, but having them freak out for no real reason is what finally sold me on that new ad campaign.

Sano
643th Post

"Re(6):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Thu 3 Jun 10:58post reply

As far as Hip Hop goes I buy every Cypress Hills Album and Old Dirty Bastard Album. Cypress Hill's last Album owns and I'm waiting for the return of Old Dirty!

Outside of Hip Hop, I get my Annual Spanish Mix Tapes of Merengue and Bachata, for some reason I love Avril Lavigne's 2 Albums and the rest of my music listening goes to Anime and Video Game Soundtracks. I own every single Kenshin song ever made and I listen to the SF Tribute Album once a week, and this is more about Sano than you actually want to know, LOL!

cafeh2
43th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(7):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Thu 3 Jun 15:04post reply

I wish Capcom would bring out All Stars. When they first canned it I thought "So what I don't care" but now that they've starved me of a good fighting game for the past few years I'm willing to try anything they release. CFAS, CFJ, Capcom whoop dee doo, I'll take anything at this point.

Spoon
415th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Capcom fighting our sense of humor" , posted Thu 3 Jun 15:15post reply

quote:
I wish Capcom would bring out All Stars. When they first canned it I thought "So what I don't care" but now that they've starved me of a good fighting game for the past few years I'm willing to try anything they release. CFAS, CFJ, Capcom whoop dee doo, I'll take anything at this point.

Don't you see?! That's their whole f'n plan!

Krzyzewski Man
749th Post

"To Hijack is to Live." , posted Thu 3 Jun 20:47post reply

quote:
ha ha. I like your explanation K-man (your 2 for 2 tonight, your shungokustatsu mini essay was good too). I hate P Diddy's tactics, even though I can't help liking some of his work. But why bash Jermaine Dupree? I never thought of him as annoyingly boastful as Diddy. Plus he sounds pretty good. Diddy sounds like... I don't now. He sounds like a black man that can't rap, so he just makes himself sound angry but even that comes off lame. Ha ha ha.

I don't know why I don't like Dupri... I guess he doesn't seem original or polished enough, and I need my artists to be one of the two. I do like his constant declarations that he's about to let it go (barf, that is). That's the way to party.

quote:
The only rapper that I'm really liking right now from the current crop of new rappers is Ludacris. But he actually doesn't have a lot of good tracks on his albums. Just one or two hits and thats it. He needs a better producer or something.

Yeah, some rappers get inconsistent production by luck of the draw or some other reason. I believe on Ludacris's most recent album, he mostly let unknown producers have a go at it except for Kanye West and a few others - noble, but it didn't work, as most of the unknowns weren't that great. As for other good new rappers, I would recommend getting K-OS and Cee-lo's solo albums. If you're trying to find some good old-school, look up the Wu-Tang and Goodie Mob. Goodie Mob especially. Those guys need to reunite.

quote:
Tupac was great, but he kinda kept redoing the same flavor over and over (he did it great though.) Biggie was great, but he also redid the same s--t over a lot.

Biggie and Tupac were all about polish. And while they did rap about the same stuff, they never turned in a dead track.

quote:
Jay-Z has more variety. But Meth has a grittier voice, and I like that.

Umm... I'm pretty sure that's just the weed talking.