[an error occurred while processing this directive] Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Gojira
1442th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 19:45post reply

Gamespot article

In short, most of Sega's board members will be standing down, with as-yet unnamed replacements.

Sega will go back to their old style, combining ALL of their subdivisions back to form Sega Voltron. Everyone involved agreed that this was the best thing to do.

As suspected, Sammy is essentially taking over Sega. And if you don't believe that...
Behold the new logo, with all traces of Sega's old logo forever washed away by Sam-Sam

Replies:

sabo10
862th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 19:50:post reply

I think there may be more companies involved in this than you may think:

Link Here

Ruh roh!

Link Here

Welcone
Needless to say
Please give me the Jesus advent

[this message was edited by sabo10 on Tue 1 Jun 19:52]

Juan
3995th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 19:59post reply

Link Here

quote:

As suspected, Sammy is essentially taking over Sega. And if you don't believe that...
Behold the new logo, with all traces of Sega's old logo forever washed away by Sam-Sam

STFU

sabo10
862th Post

"Re(2):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 20:10post reply

How many points is it if the left dog punches with his right paw?

Welcone
Needless to say
Please give me the Jesus advent

Burning Ranger
793th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 21:20post reply

quote:
Gamespot article

In short, most of Sega's board members will be standing down, with as-yet unnamed replacements.

Sega will go back to their old style, combining ALL of their subdivisions back to form Sega Voltron. Everyone involved agreed that this was the best thing to do.

*Sniff*

Segata Sanshiro... you have died in vain...

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Omar
349th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 21:54post reply

íNO!

First Konami, now this.

I'mean, I hope that's just a logo for the corporation or something, but that game products still use the Sega logo.

OmegaDog
1301th Post

"Romantic, passionate Holdings" , posted Tue 1 Jun 22:12post reply

quote:

... the blue S holds the green S in a passionate embrace.

Then the blue S will run away as soon as it finds out the green S is pregnant and will have babies.

"I must pay for my past sins... Let's fight!""I have no choice. You will lose!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 19 |

RugalBernstein
5057th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 23:03post reply

New logo sucks. The old Sega logo was... I dunno, how to put it to words, it's been there for a long, long time. It's just "wrong" to dispose of it like that! >_<

Best site EVER: Link Here

Phoenix
439th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Tue 1 Jun 23:46:post reply

quote:
New logo sucks. The old Sega logo was... I dunno, how to put it to words, it's been there for a long, long time. It's just "wrong" to dispose of it like that! >_<

It should be called Sammy Sega Holdings...seeing as how it's a take over. What's up with the Holdings thing anyway- Square Enix Holdings would sound just as retarded.

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Tue 1 Jun 23:47]

Luisinan
912th Post

"Re(3):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Wed 2 Jun 01:13post reply

quote:

It should be called Sammy Sega Holdings...seeing as how it's a take over. What's up with the Holdings thing anyway- Square Enix Holdings would sound just as retarded.

Squinix. So now we have, "Segammy" or "Sammega". Didn't Enix buy Square, it would be more appropriate for the new nickname to be Enquare. whatever.

And yes, the old Sega logo was a classic. It should not be tossed away. It is one of the few remaining icons from the early days of modern video games.

DAMN this industry is getting old.

DAMN we're getting old.

The other day my nephews were asking me what game I was playing. I told them it was a game from before their time. Before the SNES. I was playing River City Ransom on their GC GBA Player.

Bored? "160"

EddyT
294th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(4):Sega-Sammy new corporate plans, logo" , posted Wed 2 Jun 02:40post reply

quote:

I'm guessing that the Sega-Sammy logo will be limited to the business side of things... I'm sure the old Sega logo will still be there. It wouldn't be smart to just up and discard a logo that is so recognizable to gamers. Then again, you guys are right about the Konami logo change.

quote:

DAMN we're getting old.

The other day my nephews were asking me what game I was playing. I told them it was a game from before their time. Before the SNES. I was playing River City Ransom on their GC GBA Player.

I see it as an honor to be born around the time when video games started. There's been gigantic leaps in technology ever since, but I'll always be proud to say that I was there in the golden age of gaming. Back when arcades were plentiful and packed and the games were a lot more innovative. And I was there when the Street Fighter revolution took off, and I remember when convienence stores everywhere doubled as late-night fixes for multi-player goodness (like SF, MK, NBA Jam, etc.)

I'm just happy that I was there from the beginning.

Ishmael
1433th Post

"Segammy!" , posted Wed 2 Jun 07:47post reply

quote:
Squinix. So now we have, "Segammy" or "Sammega". Didn't Enix buy Square, it would be more appropriate for the new nickname to be Enquare. whatever.

And yes, the old Sega logo was a classic. It should not be tossed away. It is one of the few remaining icons from the early days of modern video games.

DAMN we're getting old.

Nonsense, you're only as old as the person you're dating... or something like that.

Nostalgia is a funny thing. People can have fond memories of even something like a multinational corporation. As long as the game creators are still making games I like and the body of intellectual property survives I'm happy. As for the companies, as long as they manage to put out fun games that don't get twisted beyond recognition when they get localized I don't care what company name is stamped on the box.

Henaki
144th Post

Regular Customer

"!!!" , posted Wed 2 Jun 07:56post reply

This has convinced me to finally hack my windows startup to the Sega splash screen with the all knowing, all loving "SEEEEEEEEGAA" as my startup sound :)

So...how about those...things....

Grahf
89th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):!!!" , posted Wed 2 Jun 08:19post reply

Someone may have mentioned this in another thread, but does this mean that Sega characters are fair game in Sammy vs. Capcom? Wouldn't the game now technically be Sega-Sammy vs. Capcom? Just to even the odds, shouldn't they make it Sega-Sammy vs. Capcom-Konami?

<wanders away consumed by wishful thinking that will never be fulfilled>