[an error occurred while processing this directive] Is Udon's SF #7 available? - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Adon
1370th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sat 15 May 21:38post reply

I thought they were done at six or at least for a while. Has the comic started up again?

Link Here

Replies:

GekigangerV
912th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sat 15 May 21:47:post reply

quote:
I thought they were done at six or at least for a while. Has the comic started up again?

Link Here

Yea, it was out a couple of weeks ago. A double size issue. Not much happening though though. If I remember correctly a bulk of the issue is about Cammy and her team then a little bit about Fei Long. The back up story is about Ryu's red headband(it seemed really corny to me).

*edit*

damn I wish I got the cover with the colored Cammy and the sketched characters.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sat 15 May 21:49]

threesixtee
804th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sat 15 May 23:58:post reply

quote:

Link Here

Yea, it was out a couple of weeks ago. A double size issue. Not much happening though though. If I remember correctly a bulk of the issue is about Cammy and her team then a little bit about Fei Long. The back up story is about Ryu's red headband(it seemed really corny to me).

*edit*

$10 on ebay? I got mine for $4 from my local comic shop.

EDIT: that's the cover I got. what's yours look like?

[this message was edited by threesixtee on Sun 16 May 01:25]

Adon
1372th Post

"Re(3):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sun 16 May 19:23post reply

quote:

Link Here

*edit*

$10 on ebay? I got mine for $4 from my local comic shop.

I'm off to the shop tomorrow to get in on this

shinsei19
143th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sun 16 May 19:47post reply

A little aside, they were switching publishers, hence the delay from 6 to 7. They're now publishing under Devil's Due, more or less for political reasons heh...I'm glad it's out, but I'm disliking the non-Alvin-Lee pages (Long Vo is a poor, poor substitute IMO)...

GekigangerV
913th Post

"Re(3):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sun 16 May 19:49:post reply

quote:

I got the cover with only a handful of characters on it. I didn't see the other one

Is Blanka REALLY popular? He has been on like four different covers and he hasn't even appeared in the comic yet.

[this message was edited by GekigangerV on Sun 16 May 19:50]

Gojira
1415th Post

"Re(5):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sun 16 May 21:16post reply

quote:
A little aside, they were switching publishers, hence the delay from 6 to 7. They're now publishing under Devil's Due, more or less for political reasons heh...I'm glad it's out, but I'm disliking the non-Alvin-Lee pages (Long Vo is a poor, poor substitute IMO)...

There wasn't much of a delay, really. Just a couple of weeks. No more than any earlier delays experienced. The title's still on track as far as anyone knows.

beto
453th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(6):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sun 16 May 21:34post reply

quote:

There wasn't much of a delay, really. Just a couple of weeks. No more than any earlier delays experienced. The title's still on track as far as anyone knows.

There was no comic in the month the TPB was released.

And seriously, the comic so far hasnīt gone anywhere, but they have those moody epic-like flashbacks in issue 7... Makes it seem like the first arc was actually good or something.

Gojira
1417th Post

"Re(7):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Sun 16 May 23:42post reply

quote:
There was no comic in the month the TPB was released.

#7 came out late April.

beto
454th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(8):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Mon 17 May 07:24post reply

quote:

#7 came out late April.

According to Erik Ko from Udon, in the space of one month where they released the tradepaperback, there was no regular issue.

Ikari Loona
97th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Mon 17 May 09:00post reply

quote:
Is Blanka REALLY popular? He has been on like four different covers and he hasn't even appeared in the comic yet.

At least more so than Honda, considering how similarly they used to play - his SF2 series incarnation was certainly more appealing than his stupid ape SFA3 one though...

His appearance in SFEX2 probably also should be a sign of at least some popularity...

Puchu?

"Beat the machine that works in your head!" - Guano Apes "Open Your Eyes"

Gojira
1420th Post

"Re(9):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Mon 17 May 13:37post reply

quote:

According to Erik Ko from Udon, in the space of one month where they released the tradepaperback, there was no regular issue.

That was early speculation. Issue #7 was actually pushed up from an early May release. Why I have no idea, but the period between issue #6 and #7 was only one month and 2 weeks. That's only 2 weeks late, by a monthly schedule.

Luisinan
879th Post

"Re(1):Is Udon's SF #7 available?" , posted Mon 17 May 14:27post reply

The scary/crappy thing is that in this month's Previews catalog, there was no listing for a SF comic book for July. Udon is only going to publish a giant SF character poster that was originally used for the cover of issue #1. I don't like this one bit. Does anyone know why Udon is not publishing an SF book in July?

Bored? "160"

GekigangerV
913th Post

"SOTA Street Fighter series 2 preview(E. Ryu)" , posted Tue 18 May 00:06post reply

Link Here

I thought that since there was already a SF related topic it would be best to put this here. It looks good, although I would have prefered a more Alpha looking Ryu since that is when he became "Evil Ryu."

Although I might be mistaken, wasn't "Evil Ryu's" kanji something else? I am sure it was not "ten."

Adon
1373th Post

"Re(1):SOTA Street Fighter series 2 preview(E." , posted Tue 18 May 00:09post reply

quote:
Link Here

I thought that since there was already a SF related topic it would be best to put this here. It looks good, although I would have prefered a more Alpha looking Ryu since that is when he became "Evil Ryu."

Although I might be mistaken, wasn't "Evil Ryu's" kanji something else? I am sure it was not "ten."

mmm yes that one look better then the Resaurus Evil Ryu exclusive, the SOTA line should be out soon I hope

Jigsaw
163th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):SOTA Street Fighter series 2 preview(E." , posted Tue 18 May 03:56post reply

Well technically Ryu was only ever 'Evil' in SF1.. :P But you're right about the kanji though. I don't remember the name of the correct one, but 'evil' ryu is generally not associated with 'ten'.

Luisinan
881th Post

"Re(3):SOTA Street Fighter series 2 preview(E." , posted Tue 18 May 08:59post reply

quote:
Well technically Ryu was only ever 'Evil' in SF1.. :P But you're right about the kanji though. I don't remember the name of the correct one, but 'evil' ryu is generally not associated with 'ten'.

Hey, since we're on the nitpicking train, 'evil' Ryu's chi should be purple, not blue.

OH OH!

I wonder what the other half of the 2-pack is going to be? Its most surely going to be a repaint, but of what character?

Bored? "160"

Dash no Chris
281th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):SOTA Street Fighter series 2 preview(E." , posted Tue 18 May 19:02post reply

quote:

Satsui no Hadou ni mezameta Ryu's kanji was "metsu" ( 滅 ), the first kanji in "messatsu" ( 滅殺 ).

--Chris