[an error occurred while processing this directive] Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Holiday
2267th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 17:42post reply

This makes it the 5th? 6th? death related to MMORPG marathon sessions?
The Age.com
I've never heard of this "Saga" game. Anyone played it before?

20 hours? I should take care as I've been on the computer for a longer period than that.
But exactly what are the medical reasons for dying just by sitting in front of a computer. Lack of sleep, or something else more sinister?

Replies:

Toxico
3497th Post

"Re(1):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 17:51post reply

quote:
20 hours? I should take care as I've been on the computer for a longer period than that.
But exactly what are the medical reasons for dying just by sitting in front of a computer. Lack of sleep, or something else more sinister?

For what I have heard. lack of sleep is a powerful reason; if you stay awake for 6 (or was it 5) days you'll die for sure (nice tip Dominus, where ever you are). Stress could be another reason (arterial pressure and things like those). I also heard that the monitor/TVs produce some radiation, but not enough to injure.... In teory TVs should be watch from 7 feets away and NOT in straight line.

I for just 20 hours of activities he died h was really a pansy... I'll check the article later LoL

Rid Hershel
5873th Post

"Re(2):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 18:07post reply

quote:
I for just 20 hours of activities he died h was really a pansy...
HE LACKED MAD SKILLZ

Juan
3868th Post

"Re(3):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 18:41post reply

He got data drained.

quote:
... HE LACKED MAD SKILLZ

STFU

Toxico
3499th Post

"Just maybe" , posted Tue 9 Mar 18:53:post reply

quote:
He got data drained.

... HE LACKED MAD SKILLZ

Perhaps Iggy got out of the TV and nailed him; after the SFZ4 thread I'm beggining to think he is the source of all the evils of the world (wich is a great relieff, since I thought that I was said source).

And no, it's not the first time I made fun of dead people. Regarless I still respect these folks and just to show my respet here is a minute of silence (a minute of not posting).

.... Groove is in the heart!

[this message was edited by Toxico on Tue 9 Mar 18:57]

Satoshi_Miwa
2604th Post

"Re(1):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 19:43post reply

Only 20 hours? Shesh, others have lasted 40 hours before kicking the bucket. How unl33t...

Separated at Birth?

Radish
2301th Post

"Re(2):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 20:33post reply

The Chinese just haven't learned the art of the internet cafe like the Koreans yet I guess.

CrazyMike
859th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(3):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 20:34post reply

quote:
The Chinese just haven't learned the art of the internet cafe like the Koreans yet I guess.

I don't know about you, but I would think the Chinese authorities would be suspicious of anyone being in an internet cafe for 20 hours straight @_@

Krzyzewski Man
634th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Guy dies in marathon self-fellatio session" , posted Tue 9 Mar 21:40post reply

It was real sad, man. He was a treasured member of the community.

By the power of...
(dun-dun-DUN)
THE VAGINA DOG!!!

Undead Fred
1407th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Tue 9 Mar 21:56post reply

quote:

I'm surprised the headline wasn't VIDEOGAMES KILL AGAIN or something like that. Heh heh.

Something doesn't sound right... that guy would have had to have other health issues, right? You can't starve to death in one day... and not sleeping for 20 hours wouldn't have killed you alone (I would have been dead years ago if that were true)... maybe he had heart problems... or... I don't know. I don't see how this Saga marathon would have killed him by itself.

BLARGBLARG PLACE YOUR BETS!

TiamatRoar
663th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Wed 10 Mar 00:04post reply

quote:

Yea. Didn't the Korean go 80 hours before finally dying at the computer?

http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/faqs/SFplotguide40.txt

OmegaDog
1140th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Wed 10 Mar 00:13:post reply

I'm wondering -- in the longer sessions that indirectly lead to death, how do they go for all that time without eating and drinking, without standing up and stretching, without sleeping, and without heading to the restroom?

Or, in this shorter case, I'm really wondering what kinda conditions would cause a marathon session to be these guys' final acts? It must've been that he didn't eat or sleep well in the 10-hour/day gaming sessions beforehand...

EDIT: And yeah -- it was 86 hours in Korea, with a 24-year old man.

"I must pay for my past sins... Let's fight!""I have no choice. You will lose!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 17 |

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Wed 10 Mar 00:21]

Spoon
180th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Wed 10 Mar 00:21post reply

quote:
I'm wondering -- do they go for all that time without eating and drinking, without standing up and stretching, without heading to the restroom? Or what kinda conditions would cause a marathon session to be these guys' final acts?

I'd like to know, too.
Maybe the combined stresses of hunger, dehydration, and having to hold it all in for 20 hrs. was too much, forcing his sphinctors to commend his soul.

Fygee
978th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):Guy dies while playing MMORPG Saga" , posted Wed 10 Mar 00:24post reply

Uh. Uh. Uh. Another one bites the dustAAAAAH.

One less moron in the world. If you're too stupid to stop playing for a bit and take a breather after 20 fuckin' hours, then you don't deserve the privelage of oxygen.

Iggy
2944th Post

"Re(1):Just maybe" , posted Wed 10 Mar 03:24post reply

quote:
Perhaps Iggy got out of the TV and nailed him

I will never think to Sadako the same way now I know Nakama Yukie played her in Ring 0. I can't help picturing her going out of the TV, then slipping and falling to the ground with a big "NYAH!"
Back to the topic, I'm surprised there wasn't yet a guy who forgot to breath while playing and died of suffocation.

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Ammadeau
795th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Just maybe" , posted Wed 10 Mar 03:29post reply

Good thing I have a short attention span. It's incredibly hard for me to play a game for more than two hours without a major break. I start playing really horribly because I'm just not paying attention to it anymore.

IkariDC
128th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(3):Just maybe" , posted Wed 10 Mar 03:42post reply

quote:
Good thing I have a short attention span. It's incredibly hard for me to play a game for more than two hours without a major break. I start playing really horribly because I'm just not paying attention to it anymore.

When I'm playing Beatmania, sometimes I start thinking about other things. Then suddenly I realize I'm playing and get back to it. The funny thing is that I usually keep playing well although I'm not paying attention, but maybe that only happens while playing songs I quite "mastered".

Iggy
2946th Post

"Re(4):Just maybe" , posted Wed 10 Mar 04:07post reply

quote:
When I'm playing Beatmania, sometimes I start thinking about other things. Then suddenly I realize I'm playing and get back to it.

Ah, it also happens to me a lot, on games like Pop'n Music, any schmups, or Xigo... It's like I'm on automatic pilot. The disturbing thing is that I'm usually far better in automatic pilot than when I mind what I'm doing... Except in fighting games. Automatic pilot = death.

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Toxico
3501th Post

"Re(5):Just maybe" , posted Wed 10 Mar 05:34post reply

quote:
It's like I'm on automatic pilot. The disturbing thing is that I'm usually far better in automatic pilot than when I mind what I'm doing... Except in fighting games. Automatic pilot = death.

Yes, it has been proven many times, when you feel that 'you are watching someone else' to your own game play is when natural reflexes max out and when all the 'pre-set' knowledge you have of the game kicks in and do wonders. For me the best way to get to that state is to drink, a lot; and in my case it works with fighting games, it's funny since you down realize that you are beating down another player until he leaves the machine inmerse in defeat.