[an error occurred while processing this directive] Lousinan - I was wrong about Ryu Final, oops! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Sano
465th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Gold Customer

"Lousinan - I was wrong about Ryu Final, oops!" , posted Sun 7 Mar 17:00:post reply

A while ago we where talking about Ryu Final, and I said what was repeated to me many times since I don't read Japanese, that Ryu dies in that Manga. Well, some good friends at SRK (TAS, vasili10, Donkus) have pointed out that I was in fact wrong and he doesn't die. Sorry about that. Here's a link that says what happened in Ryu Final. It's at the bottom of the page and it's a short description. Once again, my apologies.

Link Here

[this message was edited by Sano on Sun 7 Mar 17:09]

Replies:

Sano
465th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(1):Lousinan - I was wrong about Ryu Final," , posted Sun 7 Mar 18:07post reply

Oh, and here's a longer/more in depth description of Ryu Final.

Link Here

Luisinan
793th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(1):Lousinan - I was wrong about Ryu Final," , posted Sun 7 Mar 19:34post reply

Hey, no problem. Its beyond cool that you got me those links. I'm gonna read them right now. Thanks for remembering and going to the trouble of posting about it!

Bored? "160"

Sano
473th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):Lousinan - I was wrong about Ryu Final," , posted Mon 8 Mar 14:49:post reply

Sure thing! Vasili10 also told me that the stick coming out of the ground wasn't Ryu's grave, but a spot to mark where Ryu and Gouki fought, so as that 'marker' appeared in the beginning of the Manga, it was to mislead the reader into thinking Ryu did die. How did Ryu survive? Most likely his training with Oro advanced him enough to be able to regenerate himself a bit.

Also, Gouki doesn't die either according to Vasili10. While he was burning up, he remarked to Ryu how they were both still alive like plants because of their clumsiness. ^_^

Vasili10 also translated the end of the Manga and this is what Ken said to Alex after their fight when Mel hands Alex Ryu 's Headband.

Ken: It seems you have a misunderstanding about him. (Ryu)

Alex: Me you say...?

Ken: He got wounded and he got tired. He thought he wants to rest... this possession of his (the headband)... go and return it. You persist in saying he is the wind. Wherever he appears, he comes and goes like the wind. Wait for him...and just once you will see the full force of the wind. Answer to him what he desires.

Masahiko Nakahira rules!!!

[this message was edited by Sano on Tue 9 Mar 09:30]

Luisinan
794th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Lousinan - I was wrong about Ryu Final," , posted Mon 8 Mar 22:08post reply

That's such a poetic ending there from Ken. I get fuzzy all over reading it. Thanks again!

Bored? "160"

Dash no Chris
230th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(1):Lousinan - I was wrong about Ryu Final," , posted Mon 8 Mar 22:31:post reply

quote:
Here's a link that says what happened in Ryu Final. It's at the bottom of the page and it's a short description.

Link Here

Hadn't seen this website before -- nice of them to actually credit my old website for the info they got from it. I've seen several websites over the years that just copied & pasted stuff I wrote, without so much as a mention of where it came from.

BTW, Sano -- I think you meant to say "Gouki" instead of "Gouken" in your last post in this thread, right?

I'd previously (about a year or more ago) written a fairly lengthy synopsis of my interpretation of the Gouki/Gouken and Gouki/Ryu fights in RYU FINAL, but unfortunately I haven't been able to locate them. I posted it in a thread at gamefaqs, but of course those posts are long gone. I'm thinking that I might have it on one of the floppies I've got floating around here (since I remember working on the write-up both here and during my lunchbreaks at work). Hopefully I can track it down this week.

--Chris

[this message was edited by Dash no Chris on Mon 8 Mar 22:35]

Sano
473th Post

Gold Customer

"Dash No Chris - Help!" , posted Tue 9 Mar 09:35post reply

Oops! I called Gouki Gouken twice in my last Post by mistake! In my defense I typed that Post up real fast as I was running out the door. Thanks for the correction and edited my post accordingly!

Dash No Chris - By the way, Vasili10 has been extremely adamant in asking everyone for information about the "Official Street Fighter Zero 3 Fan Book." He claims it's not the one put out by Gamest with the Nakahira cover, but it was released by Shogakyuken. Since you probably have one of the most extensive libraries of Capcom books (I have a lot, but I don't have that book) is it possible you can tell me the ISBN number of the book so I can pass it along to Vasili10 so he can order it? Thanks in advance.