[an error occurred while processing this directive] KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

beto
217th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Frequent Customer

"KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Sun 7 Mar 15:53post reply

http://allgames.gamesh.com/kof/update/picmov/2004/03/ps2_kof.wmv

Some of you may have seen this before (i know i did), but now it´s a direct capture instead of the crappy video we had before.

They look stiff as hell. But more fighting games = good.

Replies:

Fygee
973th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(4):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Sun 7 Mar 17:14post reply

Stiff is right. They look like wax statues. Perhaps Mukai was in the area? :p

Anyways, I highly doubt that the final intro or game will look/play anything like this, as its clearly alpha footage.

Siegfried
341th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(5):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Sun 7 Mar 18:23post reply

Animation looked okay when they actually moved. So, four new characters. None of which are really interesting.

Oh well, it's still another fighter, which is a lot more than Capcom are giving us...

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Burning Ranger
658th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Sun 7 Mar 18:26post reply

quote:

Some of you may have seen this before (i know i did), but now it´s a direct capture instead of the crappy video we had before.

Hmm.. the guy in red could be Ash, while the other guy could be Sheng (did I get the name right?). But then again, its way too early to tell. And I hope SNK shows us something new during the upcoming TGS.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Evenor
6th Post

New Customer

"Re(6):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Sun 7 Mar 18:30post reply

The game looks alright, imo. I dont like the design for that red head guy, and the assasin lady is ugly( but for some reason I like her hair).

I predict that the waiteress-looking girl is going to be the next "athena" type character ( psychic powers stuff)

Club sandwiches not seals

Olivier Hagué
216th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(7):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Sun 7 Mar 20:52:post reply

quote:
the assasin lady is ugly

Even worse: she's dressed like a Xbox.

[this message was edited by Olivier Hagué on Sun 7 Mar 20:53]

Amakusa
446th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(4):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Sun 7 Mar 22:51post reply

Wow, that teaser SUCKED. Nothing beats watching 3D models stand still, does it?

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Gen
2550th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(5):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 00:36:post reply

quote:

Hmm.. the guy in red could be Ash, while the other guy could be Sheng (did I get the name right?). But then again, its way too early to tell. And I hope SNK shows us something new during the upcoming TGS.

On the first version of the video they seemed like Ash and Sheng a bit to me too.

quote:
Wow, that teaser SUCKED. Nothing beats watching 3D models stand still, does it?
hm... it is sort of like watching Japanese hand drawn animation, where they show us characters who most of the time don't move, except with computer models.

Think happy thoughts.

"Everybody loves baklava! Crispier flakier crust!"
German for Sacrificial virgin: Opferjungfrau

[this message was edited by Gen on Mon 8 Mar 00:37]

Fuchikoma
940th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(6):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 00:39:post reply

quote:
it is sort of like watching Japanese hand drawn animation, where they show us characters who most of the time don't move, except with computer models.

Lol... someone should replace the music in this video with the theme from Chromartie High.

[this message was edited by Fuchikoma on Mon 8 Mar 00:40]

Time Mage
1821th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(4):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 03:56post reply

AGH! My eyes!! What a crappy intro, goddamit!
They could have filmed some resin models and it would have had more movement... ¬_¬

And the guy in red reminds me of Billy Hatcher.

Toxico
3485th Post

"Re(6):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 07:19post reply

quote:
On the first version of the video they seemed like Ash and Sheng a bit to me too.

I can't believe you all guys fail to realize these guys are rejected square soft characters.

Ishmael
1229th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 07:46post reply

So the battle system in the new KOF is going to be a staring contest? I'm curious to see how this game is going to play but it looks like I'm going to have to wait awhile longer to find out.

Sesq
56th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(4):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 08:42post reply

It may or may not be worth mentioning, but the night vision goggle lady seems to wear almost exactly the same costume as Saya, from that PS1-only Samurai Shodown game.

No one has a hope against my dazzling bullwhippery! - Whip

Phoenix
288th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(7):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 10:03:post reply

quote:
it is sort of like watching Japanese hand drawn animation, where they show us characters who most of the time don't move, except with computer models.

Lol... someone should replace the music in this video with the theme from Chromartie High.

You mean Samurai Deeper Kyo right?

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Mon 8 Mar 10:09]

Mosquiton
1115th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(4):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 12:22post reply

quote:

I'll actually give them a couple of points for the dialogue... I think they are getting better.

That, or they're just yanking my dangly.

/ / /

talbaineric
5884th Post

"Re(6):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 16:30post reply

quote:
Animation looked okay when they actually moved. So, four new characters. None of which are really interesting.

Oh well, it's still another fighter, which is a lot more than Capcom are giving us...

This is true. But don't bash Capcom just yet. Hopefully they'll have some surprises in store for us.

TALBAINANDCAMMY.COM! Celebrating 3 years of T&C Fanship.

Adon
1328th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(7):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 16:42post reply

quote:

This is true. But don't bash Capcom just yet. Hopefully they'll have some surprises in store for us.

That's not bashing it just stating factual evidence and yes let's indeed hope Capcom will do something

Gen
2552th Post

"Re(7):KOF Maximum Impact (3D PS2) Intro Video" , posted Mon 8 Mar 22:34post reply

quote:

I can't believe you all guys fail to realize these guys are rejected square soft characters.

OMG! I didn't see it.
Toxico is right.

In order to get into a square soft game their hair and clothing choices would have to make even less sense.)