[an error occurred while processing this directive] Huge Fighter Mania update - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Siegfried
340th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Bronze Customer

"Huge Fighter Mania update" , posted Sun 7 Mar 13:38post reply

http://kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test /

I'm tired of waiting for the new server space, so I just uploaded a huge chunk of stuff to the good ol' "test" server. The total is now 1032 characters. Recent additions include:

Great games:
SNK vs Capcom Chaos
KoF EX2 and 2003
Samurai Shodown 5

and not so Great games:
Double Dragon
Bloodstorm
Time Killers
Destrega
War Gods
Cardinal Syn

Also made a few additions here and there, so if something looks funny or missing, send me a mail.

----------------
Webmaster of Fighter Mania
kattuggla.oru.se/dmd01/dm0103/test/

Replies:

Ishmael
1226th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Huge Fighter Mania update" , posted Sun 7 Mar 14:31post reply

Double Dragon and the Timekillers series? I'm glad to see you're listing both the good and bad but, man, you had to slog through some rough character rosters for this update.

Phoenix
285th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):Huge Fighter Mania update" , posted Sun 7 Mar 14:33post reply

Your website kicks even more ass now. Sweet.

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

Henaki
130th Post

Regular Customer

"Hummmm" , posted Sun 7 Mar 18:06post reply

I might as well throw out some missing GG stuff.

Signature moves (mostly just the most 'primary' move each character has).

Anji - Fuujin
Axl - Axl Bomber
Baiken - Tatami
Buri - Rodger Rush
Chipp - Gamma Blade
Dizzy - whatever her fish move is
Faust - What's next?
I-No - Chemical Love/Oujo (someone correct me on this one, it's the horizontal full sceen kick move)
Johnny - Mist Finer
Jam - full screen launch kick move, whatever it is
Ky - Stun Edge
May - Mr. Dolphin
Millia - doesn't really have one
Potemkin - Potemkin Buster
Slayer - Mappa Hunch
Sol - Volcanic Viper
Testament - Grave Digger
Venom - Dark Morbid? I don't know Venom too well :(
Zappa - whatever the name of his summoning/possesion move is
Zato - Invite Hell

Few corrections on the misc facts and Dizzy

First Chipp is a ninja, but he pretends he's Japanese, and he speaks a little of both languages, although not very well.

Dizzy is 20 years old physically and 3 years old mentally, you mixed up those two, it is also UNCONFIRMED who her parents are. She is not half gear, she is a full gear. (Her parents are rumored to be Justice and Sol, it was only recently revealed that Justice is a woman).

Faust is the only human who can manipulate the time/space continuim.

Ky is technically not the "last" leader of the Holy Order, he is just the CURRENT leader of the Holy Order.

Potemkin is the strongest Human alive, if I may point that out.

It says that Slayer is the "head of the assassins", which is wrong, he was just the founder, and it didn't go exactly as he planned so he quit.

So...how about those...things....

Myst
112th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Hummmm" , posted Sun 7 Mar 19:44post reply

quote:

Signature moves (mostly just the most 'primary' move each character has).

Anji - Fuujin
Axl - Axl Bomber
Baiken - Tatami
Buri - Rodger Rush
Chipp - Gamma Blade
Dizzy - whatever her fish move is
Faust - What's next?
I-No - Chemical Love/Oujo (someone correct me on this one, it's the horizontal full sceen kick move)
Johnny - Mist Finer
Jam - full screen launch kick move, whatever it is
Ky - Stun Edge
May - Mr. Dolphin
Millia - doesn't really have one
Potemkin - Potemkin Buster
Slayer - Mappa Hunch
Sol - Volcanic Viper
Testament - Grave Digger
Venom - Dark Morbid? I don't know Venom too well :(
Zappa - whatever the name of his summoning/possesion move is
Zato - Invite Hell

Ummm, I do agree with some of these, but not most of them. Shouldn't the specialty moves be their instant deaths, since it uses their "specialty"? (Example - Sol's "Napalm Death", or Millia's "Iron Maiden")

quote:

First Chipp is a ninja, but he pretends he's Japanese, and he speaks a little of both languages, although not very well.

Agreed

quote:

Dizzy is 20 years old physically and 3 years old mentally, you mixed up those two, it is also UNCONFIRMED who her parents are. She is not half gear, she is a full gear. (Her parents are rumored to be Justice and Sol, it was only recently revealed that Justice is a woman).

Correction, Dizzy is 3 years old physically and older mentally. I can't really put an age on it personally.
Dizzy is half gear and half human, it's been stated many times.
Once again, the whole Sol-Justice thing was a rumour. Could you please site your source for the whole Justice is a woman thing please?

quote:

Faust is the only human who can manipulate the time/space continuim.

No, untrue again. "The Man" or "That Man" can manipulate it, and Axl is sucked into it because of Raven.

quote:

Ky is technically not the "last" leader of the Holy Order, he is just the CURRENT leader of the Holy Order.

Untrue again. The Holy Order doesn't exist anymore. Ky was the last leader of the Holy Order. He's a cop now. He just fights in the Holy Order uniform in the game.

quote:

Potemkin is the strongest Human alive, if I may point that out.

Agreed, but no factual proof since there are others like him, just not in the game. He just happened to be the one to be chosen for the original tournament. Therefore he was continued in the other games.

quote:

It says that Slayer is the "head of the assassins", which is wrong, he was just the founder, and it didn't go exactly as he planned so he quit.

He was the Head of the Assassin Guild. It was true that he left it because he didn't like where it was going, but it was only after Zato-1 beat him for the title.

Iggy
2925th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(2):Hummmm" , posted Mon 8 Mar 01:16post reply

quote:
Correction, Dizzy is 3 years old physically and older mentally.

Wouldn't it require her to have the body of a 3 years old girl?
Have you ever seen a 3 years old girl?
Just to be sure.

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Kaepora
308th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(3):Hummmm" , posted Mon 8 Mar 01:44:post reply

quote:
Just to be sure.

Her body matured very rapidly due to her gear half. So the body is technically only three years old, but in that three years it has already grown and matured to the same level a normal human body reaches after 15-20 years.
I could see the argument either way, I guess.

[Edit: Rephrased the explanation]

[this message was edited by Kaepora on Mon 8 Mar 01:47]

Toxico
3483th Post

"Re(3):Hummmm" , posted Mon 8 Mar 04:44post reply

quote:
Correction, Dizzy is 3 years old physically and older mentally.
Just to be sure.

Have you ever checked Dragon Ball (the original); where Ma Junior (Piccolo junior) wroth in the same proportions (3 years -> adolecent already).
Evrything is possible in japanese market ;)

quote:
Could you please site your source for the whole Justice is a woman thing please?

Did someone said that it was just recently confirmed that justice was a girl??? Well, I do ask for pardon but THAT'S BULLSHIT, since that was stated since the beggining, at the time of the original Guily Gear (where dunno; but people who really dig GG told me so then).

Henaki
132th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Hummmm" , posted Mon 8 Mar 11:35post reply

quote:

Did someone said that it was just recently confirmed that justice was a girl??? Well, I do ask for pardon but THAT'S BULLSHIT, since that was stated since the beggining, at the time of the original Guily Gear (where dunno; but people who really dig GG told me so then).

If I recall, there were no actual pronouns stating the exact gender of Justice in any way, but I don't read Japanese and I'm trusting only two sources on this. It was only recently in one of the CDs that they used actual female pronouns for Justice, thus confirming her gender.

I also was confused on a couple notes above, so pardon me, I don't pay *that* much attention to the story. But I'm pretty sure Zato didn't actually *best* Slayer in battle, considering Slayer is much more powerful than him story wise, and Zato didn't have full control of Eddie back than, but this is all what I remember, feel free to correct me.

The "signature" moves are just the special moves most specialized about the character. Johnny's game revolves around his MIst Finer, Sol has the best AA move in the game, Ky has the most varied version of one projectile, Potemkin Buster is the most powerful non-overdrive move in the game, and well, it has Potemkin's name in it. I'm merely basing it on how the character plays/was designed.

Myst
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Hummmm" , posted Tue 9 Mar 14:49post reply

quote:
Just to be sure.

Her body matured very rapidly due to her gear half. So the body is technically only three years old, but in that three years it has already grown and matured to the same level a normal human body reaches after 15-20 years.

Thanks a bunch for clearing that. I was very tired when I wrote that last post and I did a good job of messing up my thought completely.

Toxico
3495th Post

"Re(5):Hummmm" , posted Tue 9 Mar 16:53post reply

quote:

If I recall, there were no actual pronouns stating the exact gender of Justice in any way, but I don't read Japanese and I'm trusting only two sources on this. It was only recently in one of the CDs that they used actual female pronouns for Justice, thus confirming her gender.

Well, regarless of the source you have to take into account that these indeviduals knew this fact in that time, thus I take for granted that they knew from japanese sources (the guys read japanese, better than me at least >_<).... I wonder if I could hunt them down and interrogate them about the issue, but I doubt they'll remember.

You'll just have to take my word for it; so most likely you won't believe nothing of this XD.

Henaki
133th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Hummmm" , posted Wed 10 Mar 11:12post reply

quote:
Just to be sure.

Thanks a bunch for clearing that. I was very tired when I wrote that last post and I did a good job of messing up my thought completely.

That's a better explanation, either way, she's still three years old in a three year old body but she LOOKS like she's 20 years old.

On the topic of Justice being female, I understand that everyone that made the game knew she was already female, but it was never actually confirmed through any sort of medium until recently, which is the point I'm trying to make.