[an error occurred while processing this directive] SpikeOut: someone explain this to me. - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Spoon
170th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Regular Customer

"SpikeOut: someone explain this to me." , posted Sat 6 Mar 14:35post reply

Alright, down here in Richmond, BC, one of the most popular arcade games is SpikeOut. There are arcades with 8 or more of those machines. The UBC arcade recently got 4 of them (after having and kicking them out years ago), linked of course... and charges $1 per play?!

Why is SpikeOut still so popular?
Haven't they gotten tired of it after 5-6 years of it?

Replies:

Shin_ATproof
1006th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member

"Re(1):SpikeOut: someone explain this to me." , posted Sat 6 Mar 15:31post reply

Isn't it a huge multiplayer Beat'em up? To me that is good enough reason why it would still get play.

Sí con la langosta y camarón

Burning Ranger
656th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):SpikeOut: someone explain this to me." , posted Sun 7 Mar 07:51post reply

quote:
Isn't it a huge multiplayer Beat'em up? To me that is good enough reason why it would still get play.

Isn't this game in development for X-box too? The prospect of an online beat-em-up seems really cool.

Advanced Cyborg E. Branger AKA Burning Ranger

"Never underestimate the predictabilty of stupidity." -Vinnie Jones from SNATCH

Whip's Disciple
17th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):SpikeOut: someone explain this to me." , posted Sun 7 Mar 14:13post reply

The SFU arcade across town also has one of the machines, and it's constnatly played too. I think it's because some people get a lot of replay out of it for a dollar, or less.

Ammadeau
780th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):SpikeOut: someone explain this to me." , posted Sun 7 Mar 20:56post reply

quote:
Isn't this game in development for X-box too? The prospect of an online beat-em-up seems really cool.

The head dev said they started almost from scratch for Spikeout Extreme (xbox) so it should be somewhat different, though since it's the same dev who made the arcade games, there should also be some similarities. Think of it more as a sequel than a port.