[an error occurred while processing this directive] MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!! - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Iggy
2908th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 12:15:post reply

Today, at the Shinjuku Beta test, Mizuki was playable !!!!!
She is redrawn, and she lost her dog. She is a normal character, she can lose her weapon, etc.
moves :
236 slash : claws (the number of hit increases with the strength of the slash)
214 slash : a pentacle appears on the ground before her. It has nearly the same properties as Kyoshiro's kama jigoku.
214 C : a sign appears where the opponent is, and it explodes after some time. Unblockable.
421 slash : warp
623 C : throw (PIGGIE TRANSFORMATION!!!)
623 slash : she jumps and calls her dog who attacks (like Galford's Rush dog?)
Bukitobashi : a projectile that flies 3/4th of the screen, then goes back. When it hits, the opponent is projected across the screen like a pinball. It connects completely even if it hits the opponent midair. Of course, bug : if she is hit after lauching it and the opponent is hit afterward, the move connects normaly except if she is put down (like with Suijasama's shigetsu), in which case the game freezes.

I'm not sure of it, but in her fuiuchi and her kick moves, she holds her hakama and the paw of her dog comes out of it and hits (?). I foresee A LOT of bestiality doujin if it's how I imagine it is. Also, due to memory problems, the beast is smaller than in SSS.

For now, you can beat the computer by using only her unblockable move, but against a human player, it's very easy to evade.

Jump - strong slash, crouch - strong slash are fast and useful. Most of her A moves are useless, and her B moves are average. Dash C is fast, the rest of the C moves are blah, short, slow, and uncancellable. Dash speed normal, D moves fast. Special throw is not very fast and doesn't deals much damage. The pentacle is fast but has a huge recovery time. The dog attack can be countered easily. The warp is fast.
Conclusion : she's far from beeing the strongest of the game, but she's not defenseless.

Most of her speech and animations haven't changed since SSS, and some people find it's hasn't aged too well (at least, it's less impressive than it was at the time...) 2 major drawbacks : there is only one pig graphic (no personalized pig like Anakaris's maledictions) and she seems not really... well, some people find her ugly. But they're infidels anyways.

Colors : A default (red/yellow) B : blue/light blue, C : orange, D : black/green.

Bonus track from another user : She has no reliable antiair. She is quite tall when she dashes so it's hard to run under a jumping opponent. The dog move doesn't make the opponent down, and with its huge recovery time, everybody can counter even if the move connected, even with a slow strong slash. Most of her specials have huge recovery time and do crap damage.
But once again, it's the rocketest, we'll see...

General impression for now :
Power up
Haomaru Nakoruru (lot of changes up and down, so it's debatable) Rasetsumaru Enja Rera Sougetsu Basara
Power Down
Zenitora Unpi Gedo Hanzo (except for his infinite, but it won't make it to the final product) Kyoshiro Tamtam Genjuro Shizumaru
No big changes
Mina Galford Kazuki Suijasama Ukyo Jubei Charlotte Rimururu Gaira

And about the bosses : Amakusa and Zankuro seem overall really strong, it may even be a problem if they make it like that to the final product. But let's remind that Basara was considered amongst the strongest characters of SS0 at the beta, so there is hope (and I would like to use Amakusa without feeling super cheap!). Gao is neither strong nor weak, and Mizuki is by far the weakest of the 4. As much as I want her to be not overpowered, make her weaker than Amakusa is just WRONG.

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Fri 5 Mar 13:03]

Replies:

Fygee
969th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 13:51post reply

Wow, so they actually bothered to redraw her?

HELL HATH FROZEN OVER!

Cain Highwind
332th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 13:59post reply

Sounds interesting. I hope some shots surface soon. I really look forward to seeing her redrawn. But no new voice samples? That's surprising. Harumi Ikoma just wasn't available I guess.

I miss that evil laugh of hers

Iggy
2908th Post

"Mizuki - now with Suijasama AA" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:08post reply

quote:
But no new voice samples?

No, no, she has a new voice, but she says the same things as before.

ゝ ̄ヽ√\
    / ,>ヘ、ヽヽ   ~♪
   /  〆 ゚∀゚| /ソ
  | l /   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/
  ノイ./   ./ S N K / カタカタ
 .__(__ニつ/____/________
    .\___))\

|  680 Name:Nanashitan(;´Д`)HaaHaa :05/03
       !     |    looking for ero pics of Mina 
             |     
     ゝ ̄ヽ√\  |    / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    / ,>ヘ、ヽヽ |  /
   /  〆 ゚∀゚| /ソ |/  
  | l /   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/
  ノイ./   ./ S N K /
 .__(__ニつ/____/________
    .\___))\

|  681 Name:Suija :05/03
     ……     |    ttp://www.mina.com/0
             |     ttp://www2.minatyanp
     ゝ ̄ヽ√\  |    / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    / ,>ヘ、ヽヽ |  /
   /  〆 ゚∀゚| /ソ |/  
  | l /   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/
  ノイ./   ./ S N K /  カタカタ
 .__(__ニつ/____/________
    .\___))\

|  682 Name:Nanashitan(;´Д`)HaaHaa :05/03
             |    >>Suija 
             |     Kami!
     ゝ ̄ヽ√\  |    / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    / ,>ヘ、ヽヽ |  /
   /  〆 ゚∀゚| /ソ |/  
  | l /   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/
  ノイ./   ./ S N K /
 .__(__ニつ/____/________
    .\___))\

See? Another fidel who praises my name!
             /!/!_/!
     ゝ ̄ヽ√\  ヽ人/ヽ;;;;/
    / ,>ヘ、ヽヽ  (゚Д゚ #)ゝ BORUAH!
   /  〆 ゚∀゚| /ソ /  ⌒i  (Hey! You're cheating!)
  | l /   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/| |
  ノイ./   ./ S N K / | |
 .__(__ニつ/____/  | |____
    .\___))\  ̄(u ⊃

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Radish
2287th Post

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:09post reply

Do you know where I can find a picture of her? I'm not really up on my SS knowledge.

Cain Highwind
333th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):Mizuki - now with Suijasama AA" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:10post reply

quote:
No, no, she has a new voice, but she says the same things as before.

Excellent! I guess i just misunderstood.

Cain Highwind
334th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:19post reply

quote:
Do you know where I can find a picture of her? I'm not really up on my SS knowledge.

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/characters/mizuki.html

Olivier Hagué
215th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(3):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:42:post reply

quote:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/characters/mizuki.html

quote:

Comment: Other then the fact that she looks like that one chick from the anime movie "Princess Mononoke" Mizuki was always cool... I just always wonder who came first...

[this message was edited by Olivier Hagué on Fri 5 Mar 14:43]

Juan
3859th Post

"Re(4):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:45post reply

Mr Hague is having a heart attack.

quote:

STFU

Iggy
2909th Post

"Re(4):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:49post reply

quote:
Comment: Other then the fact that she looks like that one chick from the anime movie "Princess Mononoke" Mizuki was always cool... I just always wonder who came first...

/!/!_/!
     ゝ ̄ヽ√\  ヽ人/ヽ;;;;/
    / ,>ヘ、ヽヽ  (゚_゚ #)ゝ  ...
   /   ;´_ゝ`| /ソ /   ⌒i    (...)
  | l /   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄/ | |
  ノイ./   ./  S N K  / | |
 .__(__ニつ/____/  | |____
    .\___))\  ̄(u ⊃

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Toxico
3478th Post

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 15:49post reply

quote:
Today, at the Shinjuku Beta test, Mizuki was playable !!!!!

This indeed deserves a new thread. I hope some 'pencil/celephone recorded' videos leak soon XD.

Krzyzewski Man
629th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 19:36post reply

quote:
623 slash : she jumps and calls her dog who attacks (like Galford's Rush dog?)

I'm not sure of it, but in her fuiuchi and her kick moves, she holds her hakama and the paw of her dog comes out of it and hits (?).

So, in other words she keeps a dog in her vagina? Now THAT'S nice.

Weed time.

Phoenix
280th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 19:53:post reply

quote:
As much as I want her to be not overpowered, make her weaker than Amakusa is just WRONG.

My thoughts exactly. I also wish they'd balance out Hanzo and Galford. Why would they make Hanzo weaker? Everything else sounds absolutely mouth watering.

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

[this message was edited by Phoenix on Fri 5 Mar 19:55]

Fygee
970th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(2):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 21:16post reply

I wish more chicks wore pants like she does. :p

Satoshi_Miwa
2599th Post

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 21:25post reply

quote:
As much as I want her to be not overpowered, make her weaker than Amakusa is just WRONG.

RIGHT! It's just not the same if Mizuki isn't an uber bad ass. They need to make the CPU version cheap and more powerfull, a sorta of Shin Mizuki to challenge and humble gamers...

Separated at Birth?

Amakusa
445th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Fri 5 Mar 21:30post reply

Who cares. MIZUKI IS PLAYABLE. Don't care if she's weaker than Amakusa.

I found Kagami's sword in a junk yard.
I will rule the world and find that truly good cup of coffee.
"Dink-a-dink-a-dink-a-do."

Iggy
2910th Post

"Re(2):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Sat 6 Mar 00:41post reply

quote:
So, in other words she keeps a dog in her vagina? Now THAT'S nice.

That's what I... Well... If I get it right, that's partly possible.
This will lead to major continuity problems with the doujin circles, for who she was Cammy and Vice's sister until now.

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Iggy
2914th Post

"report from the battle field (Akiba)" , posted Sat 6 Mar 02:51:post reply

The zetsumei ougi seems... weird. The background turns black, then the character makes the ougi which has nearly the same speed as the Issen Amakusa Kourin. Arcadia says each character has a special voice and a special animation, but Enja only uses his strong slash animation... Since Rimururu, Gao or Genjuro have a special anim, maybe it will be finished later ? Anyways, the anouncer has a special voice to comment the finish by zetsumei ougi (because, hey, it's zetsumei).
It seems quite slow, and impossible to land to opponent who is prepared for it (THANK GOD!) ; even the computer guard it easily. It seems to have a slight invincible frame at the start.

The kyouchi is completely screwed. the blue gauge depletes lightening fast, you barely have the time to make a issen. And now the fuiuchi down the opponent and the kuzushigiri does crap damage... (but the general damage of the game has been toned town).
But it's not completely useless, it's just more what it was supposed to be : you see a wrong move of the opponent, and you issen him. With the simplification of the commands, something like (the ennemy comes to grab you) -> use (down D) -> grab miss animation -> kyouchi / issen is possible (the new start animation is cancelable?). The damage of the issen is now influenced by the kenki gauge, so maybe kyouchi -> issen may be wiser than kyouchi -> small combo -> issen.
With the kyouchi gauge starting less empty than before, everybody has a chance to use a issen at the third round, and there's no more bullshit like "you jumped? OK, you're dead, good bye". But I'm afraid it advantages A LOT angry characters, calm characters seem to have less good point...
There is a slight lag after ther meditation, enough to take a weak slash, so you really have to be far from the opponent to do it safely.

The reporter absolutely loves the changes to the kyouichi. Not only it's so much cooler (kyouchi/face/ISSEN!), but as a balancing element, he think it's the way it should have been from the start. He is not convinced by the zetsumei ougi, but as he says, a one hit kill move better be useless than overpowered. He also think the damage modifications have been made wisely. The excessive "dash and throw" in SS0 has completely disapeared, leaving the kuzushigiri as just a move to use from time to time, not the key to victory. The strong slash is still strong, and the kuzushigiri has the strength of a middle slash, so it's not useless.
Also, the change to the bougyou kuzushi (CD instead of C) is great. No more problem of kicks when you want a throw or vice versa, and you get used to do it that way in a fight or two. And when you run for a throw and the other evades just in time by jumping, you continue to run and not stand there stupidly in your throw miss animation.
Weirdly enough, the influence of the kenki gauge has been toned down. A kenki max is not as scary as before. It seems to refill slowly, but faster when you're down.

The only possible drawback of the changes is that it may make the gyakuten very difficult. If you get the lead, you could sit all day doing nothing but crouch kicks (which doesn't depletes the kenki gauge) and wait for the end. But maybe the generally lower damage will make such a clear difference of energy more rare, only limited to fight between to player of far different skills.

Other small details :

You can cut the victory animation (winner pushes start), but not the victory screen.

The new art is gorgeous. Many consider it as the best of the series, better than Musouken or PolySamu.

THE ROCKETEST HAD NO SUICIDE MOVE! I hope they will be back in the final product. Especially Ukyo's.

The music at the select screen is the same as in Zero.
The alternate colors have been completely redone, and some default colors as well. Basara's skin is even more white. The alternate colors are generally really good, with a gradation of the default color, but there are still some super ugly D colors, like Zero's yellow Shizumaru or ghost Ukyo.
Hanzo in red and white looks like a gundam ; on the contrary, a purple Genjuro seems really well done, and a black Ukyo is praised by all the Ukyo users (he really looks japanese with this color).
LOTS AND LOTS of new backgrounds. An archipel, a doujou, a bridge, all with a day and night variation, Musouken's Zankuro and Hanzo's background, Kourin's Amakusa's castle, Yumeji's and Gao's (before transformation) backgrounds spotted. At the beta test, the other backgrounds from SamuZero were not available, so the background were random... Maybe they will add the older backgrounds to the final product, so that every character has his own background at last? or maybe only to the home version?

And for a cheap joke : every Zenitora and Genjuro user screams that their characters have been screwed and that it's now the weakest of the game. Morons.

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 6 Mar 02:54]

NARUTO
2213th Post

"Re(1):report from the battle field (Akiba)" , posted Sat 6 Mar 04:46post reply

On your 1st post you said they've toned Gedo down, why?? Was he that strong??
IMO the rare time I've played it (3 times) with Gedo, Mina always "nailed" me away and this bring my victory hopes to 0....

I've tried Suija, but I'm not good enough to really play with him, a last Tam-tam is here, and it's more than enough for me to win.

Altimus
61th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(2):report from the battle field (Akiba)" , posted Sat 6 Mar 11:04post reply

Question: Do these new backgrounds have new music too? Or are they reusing the already existing songs?

Iggy
2916th Post

"thank you, what a great audience" , posted Sat 6 Mar 16:12:post reply

Update for today (yes, it's a beta test, they write down the things players notice during the day and then make poor little chinese children reprogram the game by night until they die, after what they feed them to Gedo).

First, to answer the numerous questions the audience keeps asking in its uncontrolable passion for this game, it's difficult to hear at the beta, even the voices are hard to hear (it changed today). The select screen music has been changed today to a new music, and Gedo's music has been changed, so maybe the other will be in the final product.
OK, the changes, now.

Raise of the damage of the kuzushigiri, of the influence of the kenki gauge, and of the speed of the kenki gauge. It's now between the original SS0 and the end of the last beta test. They are really trying to tweak it in the best way possible and testing every possibility, go Yuki, GO! (to make even more experiences, it seems the version of the betatest at Akiba and the one at Shinjuku have slight differences in it, to check every possible combinations).
Some move properties have also changed (for example, Zankuro's 3C is now uncancelable).
Now that Mizuki is usable, we can select the random, and not only the character but the color also changes everytime a challenger pops in (against the computer, the color stays still though).

Kyoshiro's victory art is beyond words. The pause, the angle, the lips, he has the sexyness and the RUKKUSU of a character drawned by Araki(Hirohiko, not the other).
This time, those drawing (victory, etc) follow the alternate colors (which means if you play with Metal Tamtam (see below), you will have a gray thing all over the screen). The space where the winning quote is written is variable, smaller when there is only 1 line, but it never goes to 3 (so Mizuki talks less than before, unfortunately). The characters are written in a space of brown color (well, cha-iro). It's also brand new, it wasn't on the pics in Arcadia for example.

New voice when a new challenger comes : CHOUSENSHA ARI! (with a sound). Classy as ever. The game over "tsuwamonodomoha, yumenoato" has been changed to "korenite shuuryou".

VOICES! Oh, copipe.
Amakusa, during his moves : 「救いを与えよう」or「天に召されよ→ふーっふっふっふっ」. Hey, Don't steal Suijasama's quotes!
Victory :「話にもならぬわ」「汝のカルマ救い難し」and, when he dies,「汝に救いを・・・」.

Mizuki :「邪ッ」「お話になりませぬ」(AHA!)「コウゾォー」「アンブロジァ様~!」「ひっかかったわ」, etc. For her ikari bakuhatsu, she screams 「引き裂いてくれる!」When you select her, 「貴様の魂食ろうてくれる」and victory「愛い奴よ」, etc etc. Thank god, there is a random, with all those marvelous characters, I think I could spend days before the select screen (Suijasama or Mizuki? Kyoshiro or Gao? Unpi or Amakusa? Gedo or Gaira? Tamtam or Shizumaru? Enjasama or Basara? Zenitora or Genjuro? Ukyo or Rasetsumaru? SO MUCH ANGST AND THE GAME IS NOT EVEN OUT YET!!!)

Amakusa's default color has been slightly arranged. It's still close to the original Amakusa, but less orange and even better than before. Speaking of colors, even though this may also change, there is a Tamtam completely gray, with only his sword beeing red. Uuuugh...

The 4 new backgrounds of SS0 have been added and arranged, as well as the old-copiped-new backgrounds. The hope of having character - specific background is stronger than ever (when was the last time we had that? SFZero3, maybe? MOTW, but there were half as much characters...)
The (new) dojo stage, which used to be empty, is now full of... Kuroko ! various Kurokos, copiped from SSS or new, fighting, seating, etc. Seeing both Mizuki and Kuroko back, even in the background, is so refreshing... For a the last game of the Neo Geo, I think Yuki made the greatest thing possible.
Hanzou's Musouken stage (the volcano) which was copiped directly in the last betatest, is now slightly different (more white and blue?)
Tokugawa's stage is now at the first floor, and we can see a snowy garden from the veranda ; Mina's stage is now by night (with a beautifull sky) and Unpi's is now more beige (nearly pink?). The big buddha is not here anymore (it may have been broken by talibans?), there are some weird rocks instead.
Gedo's stage is more disgusting than before, and he seems to be the only one to have his BGM changed (it has a world music feeling, with lot of Ah, Oh and such). to give an idea of it, it's like a mix of Gen An's themes, Shingouketsuji Ichizoku and Beatmania GOTTAMIX II... Hey, I'm just translating! Don't look at me like that!

The first boss is Amakusa, beating him with a issen leads you to Zankuro, who lead you to Gao, who should (the guy didn't issen him) lead you to Mizuki. The sentences are funny, even though they won't be in the final game :
Ama : 。「我は乱世の救世主なり。ろけてすとだからといって容赦はしない、むしろ久々の復活に心躍るわ。存分にかかって来い」
Zan : 「数年の時を経て我は復活した。剛の者に討たれようとも天草に弄ばれようともすべてはこの時のため。今、ろけてすとなる機会を得、一足先んじて我が豪剣を見せてくれよう」
Gao : 「ろけてすとでここまで来るとはやるものだ。思えば前回のろけてすとでは夢路と三九六に出番を奪われたが今回はそうはいかぬ。ますらおよ、貴様の魂を見せてみよ、そして死ぬがよい」
Someone ough to fight Mizuki!!! Doing such things for the rocketest, even if it's just a few words, really makes me love Yuki even more. SNK, Sammy, Capcom, watch and learn!

The effect of the zetsumei ougi, even though it's still the animation of the issen (but it may be changed?) has been strengthened. Now it does look like a 1 hit kill move.
The lag after the meditation has been either shorten or disappeared completely.

Quick report on the other characters : Haomaru is really, really stronger. Kyoushirou is heavier now(?). Jubei's shingan hasn't been changed much (???). Charlotte has a sliding move (3C). Tamtam is really weaker, but he's so gray. Kibagami seems to have been changed in the best way possible, he's weaker but he's as fun to play as ever. The morons who used him and Zenitora in 0 will stop using him, and he will come back to the players who use him from the beginning, without the bad reputation he gained lately... Good!
Rera has a new victory pose (where her ass seems to have an important role) and Kazuki's winning art is hot too (Ha, Ha!). With the new changes in the system and the general toning down of the damage, the fact the rokudo is now a little easier makes Enja one of the few characters that can aim at a surprise gyakuten near the end of the match. This character is becoming more and more interesting...
Suijasama lost very few offensive options, and gained some... right now, it's hard to say if he's stronger or weaker, he'll probably be as strong as he used to be after you get used to the new properties of his moves.
Zenitora is toned down but not drastically. His crouching B and weak Nadeshiko seem to have remained the same... Still a strong character.
Unpi is the harder character to understand. He has been completely screwed, and he needed a serious toning down, but even though he became that weak, he still has some strong options. For example, his JAB hasn't been changed, and since the JAB of most other character has been toned down, he can beat almost anybody with it in air to air... I have the feeling it will be like in the beta of SS0, he starts as the weakest, and as people get used to him, he becomes stronger and stronger... Go, grandpa!

In case it doesn't show, I'll say it clearly here : I'm already in love with this game. The people who are making this game are glutton of work, and it shows. SNK, watch and learn, you have been surpassed by your children.

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 6 Mar 16:24]

Phoenix
283th Post

Copper Customer

"Re(1):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Sat 6 Mar 18:01post reply

About that several hundred million dollars SNKP won from Aruze over their lawsuit for the pachinko thing...

THEY MUST USE IT TO BUY YUKI.

That is all.

"My only enemy is myself...and my ex-girlfriend and..."

Saiki
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(2):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Sat 6 Mar 22:30post reply

Mizuki's quote before the fight is something like

ろけてすとで私の前に現れるとはたいしたもんじゃ
ラキラキラキラキ
待っていれば生きながらえたものを

Cain Highwind
335th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Sat 6 Mar 23:00post reply

quote:

In case it doesn't show, I'll say it clearly here : I'm already in love with this game. The people who are making this game are glutton of work, and it shows. SNK, watch and learn, you have been surpassed by your children.

Wow it really sounds like Yuki outdid themselves. I can't wait to play it, hopefully in a PS2 port maybe. And to think "fans" laughed at the prospect of a "Mahjongg" company making an SS game (even people here if I remember correctly).

NARUTO
2215th Post

"Re(2):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Sun 7 Mar 01:55post reply

quote:

sounds like Yuki outdid themselves. I can't wait to play it, hopefully in a PS2 port maybe. And to think "fans" laughed at the prospect of a "Mahjongg" company making an SS game (even people here if I remember correctly).

Talent and skill can come from places where you didn't expect them...

quote:

There is a Tamtam in gray

Grey Iggy sa s'ecrit avec un e!!
Aha moi aussi je peut corriger tes fautes!!! LOL ^^

Iggy
2921th Post

"Re(3):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Sun 7 Mar 02:08post reply

quote:
Grey Iggy sa s'ecrit avec un e!!
Aha moi aussi je peut corriger tes fautes!!! LOL ^^

LOL! fair enough!
Now, let's see... What word was I unconsciously thinking to when I wrote "Tamtam is gray" ? Hmm... I don't have a clue, really...

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

NARUTO
2217th Post

"Re(4):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Sun 7 Mar 02:15post reply

quote:
LOL! fair enough!
Now, let's see... What word was I unconsciously thinking to when I wrote "Tamtam is gray" ? Hmm... I don't have a clue, really...

"Tamtam is gray". Well it's hard to know what lies in the deepest bottom of the mind of a mad man like you...
This could have an super mystical sense, or a esoterical meaning that only the wisest of us can catch...

Stifu
0th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):MIZUKI KITAAAAAAH!!!!" , posted Sun 7 Mar 07:25post reply

En fait, "grey" s'écrit "gray" en américain... D'ailleurs, en HTML pour avoir du gris faut écrire "gray". Si t'écris "grey" t'as du vert.

Enfin bon !

Anyway, SS5S seems to rock big time... Can't wait to get my hands on it ! :D

Toxico
3494th Post

"Re(1):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Tue 9 Mar 16:46post reply

quote:
SNK, watch and learn, you have been surpassed by your children.

Well, it's not like they put 'a really high bar' for Yuki to jump.

From these comments... It hurts me to say I haven't even played SS0

Ultima
347th Post

Bronze Customer

"Yuki..?" , posted Tue 9 Mar 17:44post reply

This is the first time I've been hearing of this. Who the hell is Yuki? Did they also make SS0 or just this?

Also, could someone translate some of the Jpn. game terms that Iggy keeps throwing around? I'm kinda lost here.. :|

--
Ultima - The Right arm of Scrub Voltron
http://uramble.com/index.html - U's Rambling Page

rook
15th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Yuki..?" , posted Tue 9 Mar 23:22:post reply

quote:
Also, could someone translate some of the Jpn. game terms that Iggy keeps throwing around? I'm kinda lost here.. :|

these are educated guesses:

characters
Unpi - Yunfei
Tokugawa/Zenitora - Yoshitora

moves
zetsumei ougi - New system in SS0 Special.
kyouchi - Enlightenment; short for "mu no kyouchi"
ikari bakuhatsu - rage explosion (ABC)
issen - 1 hit damaging move (BCD after Enlightenment in SS0)
kuzushigiri - slash attack after push throw
fuiuchi - overhead attack (BC in SS0)
rokudo - Enja's 3-part juggling move(?)

misc
Musouken - refers to SS3 (Zankuro Musoken)
Kourin - refers to SS4 (Amakusa Kourin)
PolySamu - refers to SS64 games; short for "polygon samurai spirits"
gyakuten - comeback/upset(?)
rocketest - location test
cha-iro - tea-coloured, ie; light brown

apologies if I'm wrong.

[this message was edited by rook on Tue 9 Mar 23:24]

DarkZero
657th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(2):Yuki..?" , posted Wed 10 Mar 00:02post reply

quote:

gyakuten - comeback/upset(?)

You're probably right here. Not only does it make sense in context, but "gyakuten", as far as I know, literally means "reversal". So he's saying that once your opponent really takes the lead in the game, reversing your situation is difficult.

But besides that question mark, your Iggy-To-Standard-Human-English translation is dead on.

Spoon
179th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Wed 10 Mar 00:18post reply

quote:
"Tamtam is gray". Well it's hard to know what lies in the deepest bottom of the mind of a mad man like you...
This could have an super mystical sense, or a esoterical meaning that only the wisest of us can catch...

We could just say that grey and gray are accepted spellings of the same word that is used the world over...
...or it could just be that for some strange reason, none of you are man enough to say the word "gay".

That sounds so wrong. I should rephrase that.

Among words 4 letters or less on the internet, I believe "gay" is among the top 5 most commonly used, right up there with "lol".

Iggy
2945th Post

"Re(2):Yuki..?" , posted Wed 10 Mar 03:29post reply

Since we are in the Iggy-to-english topic, I would be curious to see if anyone got the meaning of "copipe" and "Kusoge" ? And who is "Garurun" ?

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Toxico
3504th Post

"Re(6):thank you, what a great audience" , posted Wed 10 Mar 06:00post reply

quote:

We could just say that grey and gray are accepted spellings of the same word that is used the world over...
...or it could just be that for some strange reason, none of you are man enough to say the word "gay".

That sounds so wrong. I should rephrase that.

Well, excuse me but it took me a while to realize, I'm sorry if my knowledge in gay jokes is low but I'll promise to study hard.

For the record I thought that Yuki was known for Chess games and not mahjong (sp?), even though I have been told that mahjong is japanese chess >_<

JJWE
358th Post

Silver Customer

"Re(3):Yuki..?" , posted Wed 10 Mar 06:36:post reply

quote:
Since we are in the Iggy-to-english topic, I would be curious to see if anyone got the meaning of "copipe" and "Kusoge" ? And who is "Garurun" ?

Copipe must be "copy paste", ne?

--- http://ngmc.retrogames.com

[this message was edited by JJWE on Wed 10 Mar 06:36]

rook
15th Post

New Customer

"oops" , posted Wed 10 Mar 06:47post reply

...almost forgot. thanks for reporting all this news Iggy. it's much appreciated :)