[an error occurred while processing this directive] Ninja Gaiden for xbox - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Ammadeau
775th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Thu 4 Mar 21:00post reply

Anyone else playing this? I'm about four hours in now and the problems I had with the game initially have all gone away, mainly due to me having to adjust to the game. If you want a challenging slash-em up then this is the place to find it.

No suprise, the graphics are incredible, the areas huge, and the loading times practically non-existant, mainly by making use of the xbox hard drive. I could hear it grinding away to cache the levels when I started, though it didn't slow down the game or anything while doing this.

The gameplay is deep. Each weapon has its own movelist as long as one for a whole new character. Besides that, you've got ninja magic and a number of secondary weapons, counters, and special moves to mix things up with. Shinobi was all about the TATE, here you have a wide variety of options when taking out enemies and bosses. To stomp on a guy's head, run up the wall, and come down with a powerful slash that decapitates three enemies at once is a joy to see. :)

The game is hard. There is no easy mode. There's a mode called normal, but it should be called hard, while hard should be renamed 'kick you in the nads.' You need to learn how to play this game well quickly if you don't like dying over and over and over... It's frustrating at first, but once you fall into the groove, the gameplay becomes a great rush.

There's also a female character that makes Tina look flat-chested. In every cut-scene with her, I want to say 'You know, you're going to have back problems later in life.' :p

Replies:

jmcc
14th Post

New Customer

"Re(1):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Thu 4 Mar 21:46post reply

quote:
There's also a female character that makes Tina look flat-chested. In every cut-scene with her, I want to say 'You know, you're going to have back problems later in life.' :p

In a Team Ninja game?! NO!

Anyway, glad you enjoy it, but after getting wilded and wilded and wilded good by mere PS2 Shinobi I've got to pass. Otogi is much more my speed.

Juan
3856th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Thu 4 Mar 22:07post reply

I liked the surprise when I started the game. On the demo he had the modern black suit, and on the real game he had his typical blue ninja gaiden suit.

Big smile on my face.

STFU

Undead Fred
1392th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Fri 5 Mar 03:47post reply

quote:
Anyone else playing this? I'm about four hours in now and the problems I had with the game initially have all gone away, mainly due to me having to adjust to the game. If you want a challenging slash-em up then this is the place to find it.

No suprise, the graphics are incredible, the areas huge, and the loading times practically non-existant, mainly by making use of the xbox hard drive. I could hear it grinding away to cache the levels when I started, though it didn't slow down the game or anything while doing this.

The gameplay is deep. Each weapon has its own movelist as long as one for a whole new character. Besides that, you've got ninja magic and a number of secondary weapons, counters, and special moves to mix things up with. Shinobi was all about the TATE, here you have a wide variety of options when taking out enemies and bosses. To stomp on a guy's head, run up the wall, and come down with a powerful slash that decapitates three enemies at once is a joy to see. :)

The game is hard. There is no easy mode. There's a mode called normal, but it should be called hard, while hard should be renamed 'kick you in the nads.' You need to learn how to play this game well quickly if you don't like dying over and over and over... It's frustrating at first, but once you fall into the groove, the gameplay becomes a great rush.

Awesome. I was thinking about getting this very soon, and now you've sold me on it. Ninja Gaiden's a lot of fun anyway, and then there's Ayane and this mysterious busty girl you mentioned... All of it sounds good.

Heh heh. Your last comment reminds me of that Baiken picture I drew on the MMCafe drawboard...

BLARGBLARG PLACE YOUR BETS!

Ammadeau
777th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(2):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Fri 5 Mar 06:56post reply

quote:
Awesome. I was thinking about getting this very soon, and now you've sold me on it. Ninja Gaiden's a lot of fun anyway, and then there's Ayane and this mysterious busty girl you mentioned... All of it sounds good.

Forgot to mention the entire NES trilogy is also in the game, though you need to unlock them. Just got finished playing another session of it and while some parts are immensely frustrating, there are some fights that are just incredible. I just got finished wailing on a group of undead with some high speed nunchucks, blocking and dashing out of their way when they turned to attack. It's also fun to decapitate them since they don't die, but they strike out wildly because they haven't a friggin clue where you are. :)

quote:
Heh heh. Your last comment reminds me of that Baiken picture I drew on the MMCafe drawboard...

Her name is Rachel and now that you mention it, she reminds me of the busty demon in tight leather that you did for the board a long time back. Her face is different, but her outfit and especially her bust are almost identical. :p

Mosquiton
1112th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Re(3):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Fri 5 Mar 22:09post reply

quote:

Her name is Rachel and now that you mention it, she reminds me of the busty demon in tight leather that you did for the board a long time back. Her face is different, but her outfit and especially her bust are almost identical. :p

The game is indeed quite awesome, no need for me to elaborate. But about Rachel... I just wish they'd move a little. Is that so wrong?

I think that demon from the movies could be her sister Alma.

/ / /

Jigsaw
113th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(4):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Sat 6 Mar 04:40post reply

This game is not released in Europe until May.

;_;

Shyeim
138th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(5):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Sat 6 Mar 07:49post reply

quote:

;_;

This is the best action game I ever played and it definately owns my fav action game Devil May Cry(PS2).

I'm a happy XBOX owner.

Hungrywolf
2715th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(6):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Sat 6 Mar 12:22post reply

quote:

;_;

This is the best action game I ever played and it definately owns my fav action game Devil May Cry(PS2).

I'm a happy XBOX owner.

This is the only game that makes me wish I had an X-box.

"no again my apoligizes for anyone i offend!!!!!"
Hungry Like the Wolf

Undead Fred
1402th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(3):Ninja Gaiden for xbox" , posted Mon 8 Mar 13:35post reply

quote:

Actually, I think the picture you're thinking of was one of Soma's... but yeah, they do look similar.

Heh heh. Juan was IM-ing me at one point (when he had beaten the tentacle monster outside... you know the part) and said, "Oh, man... this part has you written all over it. It's begging you to draw it." Heh heh. I saw the scene a while later and thought, "Why, yes... I think I will draw this..."

But anyway, even if Rachel weren't in the game, it would still rule. I love the references to the old Ninja Gaiden games... shuriken, the fireball barrier thing... and so on (don't want to spoil anything). The only issues I've got with the game is the CAMERA, and swimming's kind of gimpy. Otherwise, it's a great game.

BLARGBLARG PLACE YOUR BETS!

sushi_bunny
209th Post

Frequent Customer

"THIS GAME KICKS A$$!" , posted Mon 8 Mar 20:48post reply

Hey peoples,

This game kicks *&*&*%$% A$$!
My brother bought it.

It brings a tear to my eye to see graphics go this far, and to see a QUALITY game.

I thought I would never see a game this good in graphics. I am still playing the old NES version and still am entertained by it regardless of the new one.

I don't know whether to just stare at the environments, and drool, or appreciate or just slice and dice foes.

Hey, wasn't that Ayane in the second act????

Maybe it will unravel the mystery why she hates Kasumi??

The AI is pretty smart. It totally blew Shinobi out of the way.

I think you can still buy Shinobi for $4.96 at circuit city...

Cheers,

sushi
mangakabobby@yahoo.com

"Become who you were born to be..."
[Agent Elrond]