[an error occurred while processing this directive] A(nother) break for Godzilla after 50 years - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

OmegaDog
1130th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"A(nother) break for Godzilla after 50 years" , posted Thu 4 Mar 20:15post reply

AP News Source: CNN.com
AFP News Source: ABC.net.au

It's not the first time Godzilla has taken a break from the movies. But, citing bad ticket sales attributed to falling interest, Toho says it will officially retire the Godzilla series after the release of its 50th anniversary tribute film, Godzilla: Final Wars, in December. There's the possibility of the series making a comeback if it can go about a new directing or filming style -- though, it would probably be at least a decade before Godzilla is reintroduced to the big screen.

"I must pay for my past sins... Let's fight!""I have no choice. You will lose!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 17 |

Replies:

CrazyMike
853th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member++

"Re(1):A(nother) break for Godzilla after 50 y" , posted Thu 4 Mar 20:20:post reply

Goodzeela!

By the way, nice to see Mecha Godzilla and Mothra back for one last time.

[this message was edited by CrazyMike on Thu 4 Mar 20:20]

whitesword
1498th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(1):A(nother) break for Godzilla after 50 y" , posted Thu 4 Mar 20:42post reply

I demand that Godzilla vs Mazinger Z is made before anyone retires any spoonin' thing.

Omar
324th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(2):A(nother) break for Godzilla after 50 y" , posted Thu 4 Mar 21:44post reply

quote:
I demand that Godzilla vs Mazinger Z is made before anyone retires any spoonin' thing.

Agreed. Who do we have to kill to make this happen?

Spoon
167th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):A(nother) break for Godzilla after 50 y" , posted Thu 4 Mar 22:13post reply

As long as they aren't going to kill Godzilla again, I suppose it's ok.

It would've been nice to see all of them again, but at least we got Mothra and Mecha Godzilla.

OmegaDog
1132th Post

Red Carpet Premium Member+

"Clarification on movies, featured monsters" , posted Thu 4 Mar 22:29:post reply

Hmm -- I think there's some confusion here with that official Godzilla site link I put up. The second page refers to Godzilla movie #27, GodzillaŚMothraŚMechaGodzilla: Tokyo SOS.

This supposedly-final movie, Godzilla: Final Wars, is movie #28, which both news sources mention will feature 10 or more monsters from previous battles.

"I must pay for my past sins... Let's fight!""I have no choice. You will lose!" | CCT: NEXT STAGE IS 17 |

[this message was edited by OmegaDog on Thu 4 Mar 22:31]

Satoshi_Miwa
2598th Post

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Re(1):A(nother) break for Godzilla after 50 y" , posted Thu 4 Mar 22:34post reply

A shame the new Godzilla series didn't take off, as 2000 was better than most of the 90's films and GMK is one of the better Godzilla's out there thanks to Kaneko. And we were just starting to get the movies with a Japanese language track and subtitles in North America...

But then, the latest Godzilla's haven't been able to hold a candle to the new Gamera trilogy. Not even Kaneko's GMK could beat out Advent of Legion and my favorite Kaiju film of all time Revenge of Iris. Maybe a break is whats needed, and when it comes back they'll allow more freedom to the directors...

Or we could see Gamera vs Godzilla.

Separated at Birth?

Spoon
168th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Clarification on movies, featured monst" , posted Fri 5 Mar 01:45post reply

quote:

This supposedly-final movie, Godzilla: Final Wars, is movie #28, which both news sources mention will feature 10 or more monsters from previous battles.

Then I can die fulfilled.

Ishmael
1224th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Clarification on movies, featured monst" , posted Fri 5 Mar 06:01post reply

Godzilla may be taking a break for now but he will continue to live on in our hearts.

Damnation, this thread reminds me that I really need to update my Miki Saegusa page.

EternalNewbie
88th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(3):Clarification on movies, featured monst" , posted Fri 5 Mar 15:03post reply

As long as they somehow throw King Ghidorah in there somewhere. I love that three-headed evil space alien dragon. Also, sad news, but I guess nothing can last forever. Hopefully the last movie will live up to being the last movie...

EternalNewbie:
Brainwashing and turning your kids into alien weapons since the 1980s.