[an error occurred while processing this directive] kxlu - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Gen
2544th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"kxlu" , posted Thu 4 Mar 01:45post reply

I was listening to KXLU today. A group was coming on called 8 bit. I thought I could share on the board what happened as a few people are interested in game related bands.
But then- three of the worse songs audio performances came on! The group smeared rap over classic game loops. They bragged about how they can beat you at Mortal Kombat 3 and called you bitch. If someone's going to make a novelty record, they should go for at least a Doctor Demento quality level, not under it.
If any of them are members of this bbs and offended, I don't care. This isn't meant to be offensive.

I guess if they are making fun of something like a stereotypical gamefaqs thread (or whatever other board that is typically considered low rung) then its a funny performance. In that case it would be parody; as opposed to being an audio version of gamefaqs teeny bopper flame posts, in which case they actually believe in what they say.

Replies:

Radish
2276th Post

"Re(1):kxlu" , posted Thu 4 Mar 01:56post reply

quote:
They bragged about how they can beat you at Mortal Kombat 3 and called you bitch.

Oh snap! They're calling me out old school!

Oroch
486th Post

Gold Customer

"Re(2):kxlu" , posted Thu 4 Mar 03:35post reply

quote:
They bragged about how they can beat you at Mortal Kombat 3 and called you bitch.

Oh snap! They're calling me out old school!

word

drinking
a bowl of green tea
i stopped the war.
-Zen Telegrams

Iggy
2900th Post

"Re(2):kxlu" , posted Thu 4 Mar 04:06post reply

Radish, last night I fantasized about your avatar.

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Krzyzewski Man
623th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(3):kxlu" , posted Thu 4 Mar 16:44post reply

quote:

Don't you mean Oroch's?

I'm Rick James bitch.

Iggy
2903th Post

"Re(4):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 03:12post reply

quote:
Don't you mean Oroch's?

No, no, Radish's...
I think I might be a vegetarian in the closet.

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Krzyzewski Man
626th Post

"Re(5):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 09:15post reply

quote:
Don't you mean Oroch's?

No, no, Radish's...

Horrifying! I'll call for an intervention.

Weed time.

Kikkoken
625th Post

"Re(5):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 11:01post reply

quote:

No, no, Radish's...

So why don't you come out of the closet, and support people of your vegetariphile kind. Radish-fetichists are under-represented in the media. And George W Bu(ll)sh(it) has clearly pronounced himself in disfavour of man-radish intercourse, so what? You 've got to make it change. Stand up for your love rights!

Kikkoken
626th Post

"Re(3):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 11:01post reply

quote:

BTW, what were you drinking last night?

Kikkoken
627th Post

"Re(4):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 11:03post reply

quote:

Don't you mean Oroch's?

Replace the word "Radish" by "Oroch", and the word "avatar" by "chest" and it'll make sense!

Iggy
2905th Post

"Re(5):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 11:25post reply

Kikkoken, je pense que tu devrais arrêter d'être en vacances, ça ne te réussit pas.

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Black_hayato
69th Post

Occasional Customer

"Re(1):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 14:07post reply

quote:
I was listening to KXLU today. A group was coming on called 8 bit. I thought I could share on the board what happened as a few people are interested in game related bands.
But then- three of the worse songs audio performances came on! The group smeared rap over classic game loops. They bragged about how they can beat you at Mortal Kombat 3 and called you bitch. If someone's going to make a novelty record, they should go for at least a Doctor Demento quality level, not under it.
If any of them are members of this bbs and offended, I don't care. This isn't meant to be offensive.

I guess if they are making fun of something like a stereotypical gamefaqs thread (or whatever other board that is typically considered low rung) then its a funny performance. In that case it would be parody; as opposed to being an audio version of gamefaqs teeny bopper flame posts, in which case they actually believe in what they say.

Try this 8 bit, spelled EightBT. Their from Sweden, and its nes style instrumental.

http://w1.634.telia.com/~u63402351/EightBT/Index2.html

Krzyzewski Man
628th Post

"Re(6):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 19:29post reply

quote:
Kikkoken, je pense que tu devrais arrêter d'être en vacances, ça ne te réussit pas.

But wouldn't being on a holiday mean that his mind would be clear of the hassles of everyday life?

Unless his idea of a vacation is a week of drugs and dirty sex with Jacques Chirac... which is a distinct possibility.

Weed time.

Kaepora
306th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(1):kxlu" , posted Fri 5 Mar 21:55post reply

quote:

If they're bragging about their MK3 skillz and referencing Daikatana ads, then my money is on parody/joke.

Gen
2548th Post

"Re(2):kxlu" , posted Sat 6 Mar 00:18:post reply

quote:

If they're bragging about their MK3 skillz and referencing Daikatana ads, then my money is on parody/joke.

I didn't catch the Daikatana ads. Obviously they were kidding to a degree, but they still sucked at making music.

quote:

Try this 8 bit, spelled EightBT. Their from Sweden, and its nes style instrumental.

http://w1.634.telia.com/~u63402351/EightBT/Index2.html

Sweden's Eight Bit is superior to the 8 Bit in California.

[this message was edited by Gen on Sat 6 Mar 00:23]

Iggy
2913th Post

"Re(7):kxlu" , posted Sat 6 Mar 01:07:post reply

quote:
But wouldn't being on a holiday mean that his mind would be clear of the hassles of everyday life?

That's what a normal person would think, and I'm surprised you did. But as you can see in his 3 hit combo messages, it's far from beeing the case. It seems teaching english to stupid military monkeys has a stimulating effect on someone's nerves? Or maybe that he's just too tired after that to write 3 messages in a row?
Aaah, the mystery!

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Sat 6 Mar 01:14]

Kikkoken
630th Post

"Re(8):kxlu" , posted Sat 6 Mar 03:43post reply

quote:
That's what a normal person would think, and I'm surprised you did. But as you can see in his 3 hit combo messages, it's far from beeing the case. It seems teaching english to stupid military monkeys has a stimulating effect on someone's nerves? Or maybe that he's just too tired after that to write 3 messages in a row?
Aaah, the mystery!

The military monkeys suck up my energy, that's all they suck!