[an error occurred while processing this directive] Unfunny rumors - http://www.mmcafe.com/ Forums

Original message ([an error occurred while processing this directive] Views )[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Iggy
2892th Post

user profileedit/delete message

Platinum Carpet V.I.P- Board Master

"Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 11:37post reply

Weird, these rumors are far more likely then those I usually report, but I find them less interesting... Oh well. Anyways, game that will/should/may be rumored to be presented at E3.

Acclaim : Alias

Atari : Sid Meier's Pirates!, Terminator 3: Redemption, Transformers Armada, Yu-Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament (wasn't it supposed to be Saint Seya?)

Capcom
Jiraya, Nightmare before Christmas, DMC3 (!!!!????!), Makaimura Online (oh god...) Viewtiful Joe PS2, and other titles we have already heard of. Hmmm, Shadow of Rome... I wonder if saying "Do you like gladiators movies?" has the same pun in english than it has in French.
Only at the rumor level, Dino Crisis 4 and Maximo 3, as well as a new Bio Hasard (not Outbreak nor 4) are beeing worked on.

Konami should show their PS2 version of Ys 6... They'd better not screw it as the 1&2 remake.

Namco : Ridge Racer 6 and Tekken 5 are confirmed? They are not listed as rumored, just "may not be ready for E3"...

Rumored, Pilot wings 2 by Nintendo (I've heard it somewhere... Maybe already listed here).

Sammy should NOT show Berserk

Square Enix should show Star Ocean Online, Front Mission Online, and also Actraiser GBA (if the rumor I posted a few weeks ago happens to be true).
They are rumored to work on a DMC-like game, with Cloud as the hero. I would so much love this rumor to be total bullshit, but someone says EGM reported it...
Oh, and of course, they will be showing both Kingdom Heart, and games already out in Japan (FM4 etc).

Huuuuummm.....

...人はパンツをセンタク機にほうり込むのは、どんな時だ?
答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Replies:

Dr Baghead
2845th Post

"Re(1):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 11:47post reply

quote:
They are rumored to work on a DMC-like game, with Cloud as the hero. I would so much love this rumor to be total bullshit, but someone says EGM reported it...

but where in EGM? It has a rumors section, you know... 99.9% it's total crap (I recall them saying both Tekken and Metroid were almost guranteed for the N64)

Also if was a news story it could have been one of their legendary April Fool's jokes with fake pictures saying it's tied to FF7-2 the movie. (and if it wasn't, what was their joke this year?! did I miss it?)

This picture is unusally orange no?

Undead Fred
1377th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(2):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:02post reply

quote:

Also if was a news story it could have been one of their legendary April Fool's jokes with fake pictures saying it's tied to FF7-2 the movie. (and if it wasn't, what was their joke this year?! did I miss it?)

I thought they were supposed to have those kinds of jokes in April? I don't know; I don't read EGM (I used to read PSM but I quit a few months back), but I do remember their naked Laura Croft "trick" several years ago with a faked screenshot and everything....

BLARGBLARG PLACE YOUR BETS!

Toxico
3476th Post

"Re(1):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:03post reply

quote:
Namco : Ridge Racer 6 and Tekken 5 are confirmed? They are not listed as rumored, just "may not be ready for E3"...

I heard that Tekken 5 should be done within this year OR before march next year---

Dr Baghead
2846th Post

"Re(3):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:06post reply

quote:

I thought they were supposed to have those kinds of jokes in April? I don't know; I don't read EGM (I used to read PSM but I quit a few months back), but I do remember their naked Laura Croft "trick" several years ago with a faked screenshot and everything....

April to a magazine is different to April to the real world... they ship issues out one to two months in advance for some reason, so EGM's trick is normally dropped late Feburary to mid-March which is why people refuse to except it's fake so often. (many people refuse to drop beliefe Sonic is in Smash Brothers, there are nude codes in DoAX or Tomb Raider, and I'm sure one or two people still think Shen Long actually does appear in a real SF game all because EGM's magazines appear on shelves early.)

This picture is unusally orange no?

TiamatRoar
655th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(4):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:40post reply

quote:

I'm sure one or two people still think Shen Long actually does appear in a real SF game all because EGM's magazines appear on shelves early.)

Heh, I've experienced this when people ask me about Street Fighter plot questions. It still comes up from some silly person once every couple of months.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/street_fighter_plot.txt

exodus
1803th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(1):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 12:40post reply

quote:
Capcom
Makaimura Online (oh god...)

Variable Savior
193th Post

Regular Customer

"Interesting" , posted Wed 3 Mar 13:12post reply

EGM's report of the FFVII DMC style game was indeed part of the magazine's rumors section - so take that for what it is.

And this years April Fools joke was the Lord of the Rings: Mordor GP cart racer.

Blood marks heaven's path

Spoon
160th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(1):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 13:25post reply

quote:

Sammy should NOT show Berserk

bastards.

Undead Fred
1381th Post

Red Carpet Executive Member

"Re(4):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 13:40post reply

quote:

April to a magazine is different to April to the real world... they ship issues out one to two months in advance for some reason, so EGM's trick is normally dropped late Feburary to mid-March which is why people refuse to except it's fake so often. (many people refuse to drop beliefe Sonic is in Smash Brothers, there are nude codes in DoAX or Tomb Raider, and I'm sure one or two people still think Shen Long actually does appear in a real SF game all because EGM's magazines appear on shelves early.)

Aha. I'm used to other magazines only being about a month ahead, but it's been forever since I've laid hands on an EGM, so I didn't know. They did teach me a valuable lesson (well, I guess it's not THAT valuable)- if some game news seems odd in a magazine, check the month on the front cover. Since the naked Laura Croft thing, I hadn't been fooled by another April Fool's joke in a gaming magazine.

Another classic April Fool's joke- in PSM, there was an article on the first Ao game on PSX (can't remember the name now), and it featured a naked girl running around wearing only boots and a gun belt. There were a lot of doctored screen shots that looked sort of familiar... anyway, about halfway through the article, I knew something was up. I checked the front, and of course, it was the April issue. I thought, "Nice try, PSM" and didn't think any more about it. I later heard that some parent's group read the article and got all pissed off, and I THINK it was mentioned on the news somewhere at some point... but anyway, since then PSM always had a JUST KIDDING U GUYZ LOL ROFL at the end of their April Fool's stuff.

BLARGBLARG PLACE YOUR BETS!

Mav
40th Post

Rare Customer

"Re(1):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 13:48post reply

quote:
I wonder if saying "Do you like gladiators movies?" has the same pun in english than it has in French.

If it's not the same pun, it's probably close. The strange pilot in the classic comedy movie Airplane asks that little kid if he likes Gladiator movies in a string of other semi-perverse questions such as "Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

Octopi are kinda' funny. You can't blame them for anything.

Just a Person
624th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member

"Re(1):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 14:22post reply

quote:
Atari : Sid Meier's Pirates!, Terminator 3: Redemption, Transformers Armada, Yu-Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament (wasn't it supposed to be Saint Seiya?)

I have nothing against Atari, but should they be allowed to make a 2nd. Yu Yu Hakusho game? That one for GBA is horrible, and YuYu is a serious name in the Japanese animation world. I think that Namco should do a new fighting game for it (the ones Namco made for SNES were very nice to that time), but if Atari is really keeping YuYu's rights, I just hope they make a (much, much) better job this time.

I can be any person in the world ... maybe I'm this person right in front of you ... or maybe I'm not !!

Dash no Chris
226th Post

Frequent Customer

"Re(2):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 14:45post reply

quote:
I wonder if saying "Do you like gladiators movies?" has the same pun in english than it has in French.

If it's not the same pun, it's probably close. The strange pilot in the classic comedy movie Airplane asks that little kid if he likes Gladiator movies in a string of other semi-perverse questions such as "Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

As an "Airplane!" fan in general -- and a fan of that scene in particular (can't see a Roman-/Greek-/Trojan-style soldier on TV without quoting that line) -- I'm curious how it goes in French. Iggy, if you don't mind, could you give us the French equivalent, and explain to us non-Francophones whether or not it works on a slightly different humor level than it does in English?

--Chris

Iggy
2895th Post

"Re(3):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 15:25:post reply

quote:
Iggy, if you don't mind, could you give us the French equivalent, and explain to us non-Francophones whether or not it works on a slightly different humor level than it does in English?

Well, it has the same crypto-gay meaning, and I'm quite sure I've heard it for the first time in Airplane too.
So, back to Shadow of Rome... (ambiguous smile)

Edit : Most uninteresting rumor ever : Metal Slug 4 beeing ported to PS2 in May.

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Wed 3 Mar 15:28]

Radish
2275th Post

"Re(4):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 16:20post reply

quote:
Edit : Most uninteresting rumor ever : Metal Slug 4 beeing ported to PS2 in May.

I agree. That game was super forgetable.

IkariDC
121th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(2):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 17:54post reply

quote:

I love those lines from the film too!

Back to the topic:

Viewtiful Joe on PS2... I hope it turns out to be true. Do you thing it would suffer from mayor graphical changes?

I really look forward to Ys 6, but what did they screw on Ys 1&2?

Ammadeau
771th Post

Red Carpet Regular Member+

"Re(3):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 20:23post reply

quote:
Viewtiful Joe on PS2... I hope it turns out to be true. Do you thing it would suffer from mayor graphical changes?

They cut the mayor completely out of the game. He was just too fat for the PS2. :p

To answer the question you meant, VJ doesn't really push the GC much and if it's coded well, the graphics differences should be minor at best.

VManOfMana
349th Post

Bronze Customer

"Re(4):Unfunny rumors" , posted Wed 3 Mar 22:39post reply

quote:
They cut the mayor completely out of the game. He was just too fat for the PS2. :p

To answer the question you meant, VJ doesn't really push the GC much and if it's coded well, the graphics differences should be minor at best.

What I would really really really hate to see is people starting to say that Viewtiful Joe is the greatest game ever, after saying that it was a stupid, kiddie game just because it came for Gamecube (first).

And what I would really really really really hate to see is Capcom making VJ2 PS2 only.

Jabel D. Morales - VMan of Mana.
http://vman.animecafe.net/

"Tameraeba makeyo!"

Iggy
2900th Post

"Re(5):Unfunny rumors" , posted Thu 4 Mar 01:28:post reply

quote:
And what I would really really really really hate to see is Capcom making VJ2 PS2 only.

I think if they do it, it will be without Kamiya, so we won't have to bother about it. Hmm, DMC2... I smell a pattern there... And if DMC3 is true, I wonder if they convinced Kamiya to go work on it.

About Ys6 : it's a great game, especially the latest version is super nice, maybe a little... outdated (I felt the system was quite old, nice, old school, definitely not 2003), still charming and with an awesome soundtrack. What Konami screwed in the PS2 port was the music and the load time, I think. The port was nearly as hated as the remake of Tengai Makyo 2.

Oh, speaking of Falcom (and not Falcon nor Falcoon)... I think some hero of Genso Suikoden had to go through a sex change to have a new job (Link Here)

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

[this message was edited by Iggy on Thu 4 Mar 01:35]

Time Mage
1819th Post

Silver Carpet V.I.P- Platinum Executive

"Re(5):Unfunny rumors" , posted Thu 4 Mar 05:01post reply

quote:

Even if that turned to be another DMC2, I would be VERY angry about that.

Iggy
2902th Post

"Re(6):Unfunny rumors" , posted Thu 4 Mar 10:33post reply

Nintendo rumors from Nindori's questions box : sequels to Kaze no Takuto and Doubutsu no Mori are on their way (no kidding?)
What's unclear is wether it's simply a new Zelda or a sequel to kaze no takuto (what was it? the wind something... oh well, you got me, the super ugly one even more boring than the others), like Majora's mask was to Ocarina.

And once again, "the Nintendo DS is a concept completely different to the GBA one". Well, it's not like Nintendo's megaton declarations were to be taken seriously anyways.

答えは一つ。
...それを脱いだ時、だぜ。

Henaki
125th Post

Regular Customer

"Re(7):Unfunny rumors" , posted Fri 5 Mar 11:17post reply

The only good Yuu Yuu Hakusho game IMO was the cinematic fighter, Yuu Yuu Tokubuten or something (basically, the one with all the dark tournament characters)

It was fresh and interesting, and I always lost using Kurama :( (I occasionly used that guy with the soul sword too).

My friends used Hiei and Kuwabara. That dragon move Hiei had was waaaaaaay too good.

It was still a fun game.

Let's just hope they dont mess this game up and make another Budokai (ugh). I want QCFs in my game if there are going to be special moves goddammit. (UNless they do it in a unique way like Smash Bros or the cinematic fighter).

So...how about those...things....